PDA

View Full Version : Hello

chiefwigam
06-11-06, 00:45
i used to play neocron 1 when it first came out for 2 months, and was the best gaming experience iv ever had,

I R BAK

i mean i will be back in a week, whats the major differences between neocron at the beggining and now? besides the actual dome of york city

Apocalypsox
06-11-06, 01:26
err...general NPC placement basically. everything has been moved, short of a few Archer and Wesson shops. not much else is different. ( Cept weapon models.)

Dribble Joy
06-11-06, 01:28
Difference between NC1 beginning retail and the current state of NC2 is quite alot though the basic premise is pretty much the same.

Lots of new items/weapons, epic missions (a long quest you do for your faction) and things. Too much to really list.

Come back and rediscover NC :).
Note that there is a balancing effort going on that should improve the class/weapon/skill balance in the game.

Rakanishu
06-11-06, 05:14
I just got back myself after a year or two off, here is what i've noticed:

1. Weapons look alot better, more detail, clothing has been revamped and looks better, hair and faces are new on most characters. Tanks got some awesome looking armor, one had a cool looking cape or robe looking thing

2. Taxi rides all over the place in Neocron city, I had one that took me ten yards away and dropped me off at another taxi stop, lol It was in ViaRossa 3. I could have easily ran that in three seconds, lol

3. Alot of vendors have either disappeared or just relocated, one area that contained six or eight vendors is now gone including the sewer on the floor that was next to it, it was in Pepper park 2 i think, well the sewer is still around it just re-located but the vendors have vanished and now there are Venture warps instead

4. The vendors in the area right before you go out into the Wastelands, the Sub Level zone, now there are only 4 vendors down there and they are just pawn shops. There was like ten shops there before selling weapons, medkits, ammo well not anymore, six of them are boarded up now.

5. Wastelands, alot of Storm Bots hanging around where there were none before. More Cop Bots in the Neocron city too.

6. Venture Warp now works! It will gene rep you to somewhere in the Wastelands, where who knows? that's the fun of it

7. You can still LOM and try other skills

8. You can't find high end weapons on vendors anymore in Neocron City it seems, I haven't found them, not talking about rares. Alot of things have moved around, still trying to find them. Like when I'm in Pepper Park, i cant find any bullets! I gotta go all the way to Plaza to get some

9. You won't find monk spells on vendors anymore in Neocron city, the smugglers got em and they are located in outta the way locations in the city as they should be.

10. The game is just more stable, i have only had one problem after 20hrs of playing. No synch problem, i did have one fatal crash and thats it. I think it's a result of them deleting alot of vendor locations and items in them

11. French server is combined with the English server now. They closed down the French server so get used to seeing french on the chat channel, i like it, i can maybe learn some french :) No more Pluto server, now its Terra for english. Terra server was at 13% capacity during this weekend, highest i have seen since I returned. What does 13% really mean? not sure

12. And of course Dome of York, you can choose to start there if you want but nobody was there when I tried it, i explored anyway, it looks alot like Industrial Park, dark and mysterious, not alot of light like in Neocron City. There are sewers to explore storage areas and a red light district like Pepper Park

And finally, not as many people, you notice that right away, but it feels like more and more are coming back recently and a new update is coming i hear called Neocron 2.2 or something

Im glad im back, i really missed it, no other online game compares, Neocron is so unique. They don't call it NeoCrack for nothing, lol

chiefwigam
06-11-06, 15:39
i cant wait to get back on, after about 10 or 15 failed attempts (damn click 2 pay) to make an account...

so, like, i remember the days, going for a trip to tech heaven from neocron, parking the bike outside and the turrets shooting at u coz of ur soulight... would this still happen?

i remember i was told, to get to military base u gota drive there, so i took my bike, and the monster i saw on the way relly freaked me out man, massive monsters running after u, fireballs comin at u and allsorts. what a game!