PDA

View Full Version : Most hunted mobs

SizZLeR
05-11-06, 15:28
Ive been getting different impressions on what mobs are actually the most hunted in NC.

One of my impressions are that no one care to hunt them hoverbots, mainly because they drop crap loot?

What kinda mobs do u prefer when going hunting, and why?

If this thread starts to show that ppl are mostly hunting the same 3 or 4 different mobs, then what shd/could be done to make it interesting for u to go hunt something else from time to time?

The reason im asking is, that just about every time in NC when i ask for a rhino gunner or driver, i find myself hunting firemobs near crp.
Simply because its the easiest and fastest way to collect techparts and its also great xp and money.

However it tends to get really boring, and id like to see something done about all the other kinda mobs that would make them "worth" hunting, like for instance the hoverbots, some zones holds a shitload of them and it would be perfect to go hunt them in a rhino or as a team on foot.

But every time ive asked around ingame, noboby actually wanna bother go hunt these things. :(

Glok
05-11-06, 15:32
Hoverbots drop rares, but they are also really hard to kill all being 100/100 or higher. The big problem with them is they tend to drop on trees on death and then you can't loot. Fucken things.

Mostly I hunt warbots.

Dogface
05-11-06, 16:11
I find hunting warbots to be easier than fire mobs, there's more warbots (none of this reaperspider or hopper crap that just wastes time and respawn points) and they're easier to kill. Love going to Battle Dome first thing in the morning with a Redeemer Spy and just wasting all the warbots in sight :D
The spawns there are really nice too, sometimes up to 5 warbots spawn right in the same spot. Or when I was doing my mini ppr mission for TG, I was getting about 6 warbots at the same time but that's only ever happened then. Always fun killing 6 warbots with a uranium modded TSU rifle on an unbuffed PE with gimped resists :angel:

Fire mobs? They don't spawn decent mobs regularly enough, especially around CRP. Sometimes you might wait 5-10 minutes for a mob to respawn and it's a reaperspider or a hopper or a terror raptor (which are NEVER worth fighting...) but then there's F13, which is only really used if you have a PPU or a rhino..

[edit]

I don't think I've ever shot at a single hoverbot in my life o_O

Oh and Gabanium mine too, that place owns but I haven't hunted there since I went with my clan on Neptune :(

Jipz
05-11-06, 16:44
I find hunting warbots to be easier than fire mobs, there's more warbots (none of this reaperspider or hopper crap that just wastes time and respawn points) and they're easier to kill. Love going to Battle Dome first thing in the morning with a Redeemer Spy and just wasting all the warbots in sight :D
The spawns there are really nice too, sometimes up to 5 warbots spawn right in the same spot. Or when I was doing my mini ppr mission for TG, I was getting about 6 warbots at the same time but that's only ever happened then. Always fun killing 6 warbots with a uranium modded TSU rifle on an unbuffed PE with gimped resists :angel:

Fire mobs? They don't spawn decent mobs regularly enough, especially around CRP. Sometimes you might wait 5-10 minutes for a mob to respawn and it's a reaperspider or a hopper or a terror raptor (which are NEVER worth fighting...) but then there's F13, which is only really used if you have a PPU or a rhino..

[edit]

I don't think I've ever shot at a single hoverbot in my life o_O

Oh and Gabanium mine too, that place owns but I haven't hunted there since I went with my clan on Neptune :(

terror raptor are 90/90 and drop rares, giant raptor are never worth fighting(63/63?)

Dogface
05-11-06, 16:47
I meant Terror Raptors are not worth fighting because they spawn a gazillion other raptors :p

Glok
05-11-06, 16:48
Firemobs are for levelling I say.. too many of them spawn little beasties to be worth hunting for rares, the rares are just a bonus. We need a zone nicknamed 'Doomreaper Valley.' :D

Apocalypsox
05-11-06, 17:32
most hunted mob is easily Aggies. Lawlio. I Prefer hunting warbots for techs, even though its totally fucked on the tech drops...

Torg
05-11-06, 17:42
warbots are easy from a distance (for a capped or near capped char) or when using shelter. if youre used to hunting warbots, you'd kill them 6 at a time. hoverbots are just a bit more entertaining, and the loot is better except in hoverbombers (metalplates). and yes, firemobs are just annoying, wearing down your armor, respawning loads of midrangers and almost hit you through hills (like apu monks).

Jipz
05-11-06, 17:57
imo, doomreapers have the best drop rate even better than warbies.
There are many of them in f13 but there also plenty of chasers :(

Dribble Joy
05-11-06, 17:57
I meant Terror Raptors are not worth fighting because they spawn a gazillion other raptors :p
Just have to keep your distance, easy to kill.

WBs drop rares quite well, but you have to hack, so it's fire mobs for meh.
Doomies are allways good, but it's fun to test yourself by taking on a percy and a chaser at the same time.

Jipz
05-11-06, 18:21
Just have to keep your distance, easy to kill.

WBs drop rares quite well, but you have to hack, so it's fire mobs for meh.
Doomies are allways good, but it's fun to test yourself by taking on a percy and a chaser at the same time.

yeah but grims hardly loot rares :(

SizZLeR
05-11-06, 18:23
Well for myself i typically hunt WBs if im alone cause theyre r pretty easy if u can outrange them, i dont have any hack skills on any of my chrs and therefore its "only" money/xp to me.

Firemobs i can do alone, but frankly i think the doomies r the only ones i actually wanna do, cause chasers takes too long to fight and as it has been said here already, they all spawn minor mobs with major annoyability (hmmm dunno if that word really exists :lol:).

The DoY Bots i once tried to hunt in a rhino, but the firepower of the bots was way to powerfull, like there were 3 bots and they wacked the rhino before we could even get one of them. :(

I think it would be rather nice if a few alterations could be made to make it more interesting to hunt the hoverbots and so on, maybe even populate more different areas of the world, instead of allways having the whole population devided between only 4 different sectors. :confused:

Dribble Joy
05-11-06, 18:28
Chaser is easy. 7 DBs (need psi boosters in all probability if you're alone) and then it only takes about 5 judge clips. Percies are the same
DB can be applied from outside the aggro range too.

Yes the grims don't drop much, but it's something more of a challenge than standing in front of three doomies unbuffed and unsheltered, without a heal and loosing about 40% hp from killing all of them.

Mr Kot
05-11-06, 18:33
Chaser is easy. 7 DBs (need psi boosters in all probability if you're alone) and then it only takes about 5 judge clips.
DBs stack above 3 now??

SizZLeR
05-11-06, 18:36
DBs stack above 3 now??
Hmmm i tried recently to stack 4 on a WB, the 4th one didnt seem to stack though.. o_O

Dribble Joy
05-11-06, 18:41
Depends on the level of the mob. A WB only needs 4 (depends on the dmg on your DB though). A terror raptor needs 4, a percy 6, a chaser 7 (afaik).

Also depends on how fast you do it.
4 DBs on a chaser slow and a judge (xray modded) does about 85-86 per hit.
Fast (as fast as it will cast, mine is about 35 rpm afaik) and it does 87.

ZoVoS
05-11-06, 19:09
i have warbies with 40 hack and a self buff spy1

if push comes to shove i can drug for titans... who cant spair 40 int =] and thats on a tank lol

Faid
05-11-06, 19:29
I would have to say for me, its firemobs mostly in a rhino for teh techies :D

But recently the most fun mob Ive found to shoot are the hawks that fly way up in the sky near Emmersion (I think) Zoom in with a Silent Hunter and watch them slowly fall to the ground dead, was quite fun :lol:

ZoVoS
05-11-06, 19:31
I would have to say for me, its firemobs mostly in a rhino for teh techies :D

But recently the most fun mob Ive found to shoot are the hawks that fly way up in the sky near Emmersion (I think) Zoom in with a Silent Hunter and watch them slowly fall to the ground dead, was quite fun :lol:

more fun not zoomin in n blastin em with a rhyno =] ahh the huge numbers hat roll of ther heads

Spoon
06-11-06, 00:39
Of the non fire mob/warbot mobs for TP's:

Hoverbots need higher hack and have targeting issues then they are down, and aren't as plentyful as warbots/fire mobs..

Decayed Brutes/Horrors are few and far between, and the zones they spawn in are now full of the Cyborgs/Hoverbots/DOY bots..

Hazard worms are extremely rare...

Y-Reps are fairly hard mobs, usually grouped up, making them hard to solo...

If they added Decayed mobs and Hazard worms to more zones, I think they would be worth hunting....

CMaster
06-11-06, 00:46
DBs stack above 3 now??

It all depends on mob level and damage on your DB.
I have a feeling (although I'd need to test) that 3 is the least you will ever need. My PPU seems to only ever need the 3 mind, or perhaps 3 and a bit (bit as the last is less effective) on 127/127s

NAPPER
06-11-06, 01:46
fire mobs and warbots for me tbh !

Jodo
06-11-06, 01:57
This week, I have been mostly hunting.......

.......Warbots.

Though normally I hunt firemobs with my Gentank in a Reveller. Killing Chasers and Percies is most satisfying even though their droprate is a bit low. They only spawn mini versions if you are right next to them so shoot from a distance. It's only the Terror Raptor that can be a bit of a pain in the arse because they move towards you much quicker than the other spawn able mobs. Hoverbombers are awkward mostly because of the damage type (they harm Rhino's far more than firemobs) and also getting a target box on them to hack and loot. Perhaps if they broke into pieces and there was a specific piece that you needed to hack???

jini
06-11-06, 09:09
Depends on the level of the mob. A WB only needs 4 (depends on the dmg on your DB though). A terror raptor needs 4, a percy 6, a chaser 7 (afaik).

Also depends on how fast you do it.
4 DBs on a chaser slow and a judge (xray modded) does about 85-86 per hit.
Fast (as fast as it will cast, mine is about 35 rpm afaik) and it does 87.
Dribble dribble...
if you have to cast 6-7 DBs @ 35rpm, then by the time you cast your 6th DB the first one will need casting again :lol: entering a never ending cycle...
if all you do is hunting how come you cant hack?
And last, if you dont hack, why dont you rearrange your setup for better psi??? All you ARE using is a judge after all...

Dribble Joy
06-11-06, 10:48
Erm.... it takes about 3-4 clips of firing after the last DB for the effect to wear off, not at the last cast. So for a percy if you are quick you can kill it without a recast, but you will have to for a chaser.
As for my rpm, I can't remember exactly, my DB isn't artifact freq (114 afaik) and I only have 103 psu (56 wep, 80 base imp).

KinSler
06-11-06, 11:01
chaos caves ftw

if you dont want them to spawn little once just dont go close to them

SizZLeR
06-11-06, 12:55
Yesterday i decided to try and hunt some HBs, so my rhino driver, a gunner and two hackers went, first we went WBing and got a few rares, then we moved to the zones between DRT and the Garbage Dump, we took out a shitload of hoverbots, though we didnt come across any Giant (lvl120) ones and the highest lvl was 118.

NONE of them dropped anything but junk and both the hackers said that the HBs was a bitch to hack compared to WBs.
We also wacked an ok amount of DoY units lvl80 ones and lvl60 ones, which also just dropped junk.

After spending approx an hour there we went back to J02 and collected lots of rares by hunting WBs.
So hunting HBs doesnt pay off i guess, well maybe the 120/120 ones i dunno, we only killed one and that was across a zoneborder so we couldnt go hack it. :(

Personally i think they shd adjust the droprates on them HBs so the lvl100+ drops rares at the same rate as WBs or maybe a bit more, after all theyre higher lvl and fighting it is as easy as a WB, just takes a few more shots.

The same goes for DoY units lvl80+ they really oughta drop at least parts or something instead of pure junk.

jini
06-11-06, 13:57
Erm.... it takes about 3-4 clips of firing after the last DB for the effect to wear off, not at the last cast. So for a percy if you are quick you can kill it without a recast, but you will have to for a chaser.
As for my rpm, I can't remember exactly, my DB isn't artifact freq (114 afaik) and I only have 103 psu (56 wep, 80 base imp).
yes but its not just DB. You have to watch out for heal, shelter, buffs, mana.. its not just a theoretical cast of DB. In practice, I cant cast more than 3 DBs on persis/chasers.
However, Gin Fizz on mars can, bug Gin caps a DB freq. And shes got amazing resists and doesnt care about standing in front of a grim.

Torg
06-11-06, 14:56
i sunk quite a few hovers in the recent months. here's my advice: ignore the "hoverbomber" type and concentrate on the "hoverbot" species plus the "hoverstation" garden variety. i repeatedly got double tech parts from bots and stations, but never ever from bombers.

and yes, warbots are for farming. Dear KK, please give those poor warbies better armour. and more help from mad copbots.

Dribble Joy
06-11-06, 15:57
I've only got a psi pool big enough for 4 DB casts, that's why I carry boosters when hunting.
Percis aren't hard, rarely use my br3 when hunting, and only ever shelter for them and chasers (as you can''t garuntee that you will dodge all their shots).

jini
06-11-06, 17:19
wtf are you talking about? dodging shots from persis/chasers? is this what you doing 4yrs in cron??? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Torg
07-11-06, 09:45
wtf are you talking about? dodging shots from persis/chasers? is this what you doing 4yrs in cron??? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
whats up with you... tank?

Glok
07-11-06, 10:11
A dare say an ill-thought out comment from DJ a few days ago is up with him.