PDA

View Full Version : Metal Storm

Apocalypsox
03-11-06, 19:45
Wow...just looked on Youtube.....Holy Fuck. Where the fuck is this in NC? :lol:

Holy Fuck (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wc1MeZu6kLE&mode=related&search=)

Not even powerarmor could save you from this unholy behemoth O_o

Dribble Joy
03-11-06, 20:21
Old news really. It has uses, but in actuallity they are limited.
For assault weapons, they are too heavy, complex, expensive as is the ammo (there's about 4+ rounds in each barrel, electronically fired hence the firing speed, however the barrels have to be loaded after each time they are fired, not something that can be done on the battlefield, meaning you would have to carry ammo in the forms of those barrels or groups of them as opposed to just current rounds).
For artillery they again might have an awesome firing speed, but the whole weapon would take a while to re-arm, with large numbers of spent barrels having to be returned to be re-filled.

Where it would be of use is anti missile defence on ships or other large targets where fresh ammo is readily availiable and the spread of rounds would be effective against a high speed target and probably cheaper than an anti-missile missile.
Another usefull application would be police weapons, mostly pistols. A 4 barrel 'clip' could hold 16 rounds and a plamprint or RF tag on the officer's wrist/hand would only allow them to fire the weapon, stopping the large numbers of police killed with their own weapons.
Though obviously these clips would be bulkier and heavier than a standard 16 round mag.

Apocalypsox
03-11-06, 20:53
too narrow minded DJ- Think about it. This, put into handheld form, where you could pop the barrel off and on could obliterate a vehicle when used on a pistol. Really is too bad though about the loading and things as your right...Would be better if you could load them easily like a magazine. your right though...technologoy is too limitd at the moment for this to be of any use except on very large battle platforms where they can carry all the required ammo.

rob444
04-11-06, 00:48
Make love, not war.

Heavyporker
04-11-06, 02:24
Make love, not war.

Um... Dildostorm?

Dribble Joy
04-11-06, 02:31
too narrow minded DJ- Think about it. This, put into handheld form, where you could pop the barrel off and on could obliterate a vehicle when used on a pistol.
No you could not, this is not some magical weapon, it's regular rounds fired in a different manner (though it is dependant on the amount of propellant). Point 20 rifles and unload a clip each at the same target and the same would happen (it's wood for god's sake!).
Even if you could fire off 20 rounds in a single burst at a vehicle, think of the recoil, it would be quite literally 20 times higher. If you've never fired a weapon (especially something like 7.62 or 12 bore) then you won't realise that that would be completely impractical.

Apocalypsox
04-11-06, 02:56
thats the point DJ. ITS 20+ Damn rifles in ONE!

Dogface
04-11-06, 03:20
I'm no expert at all, but considering the size of the actual weapon, barrels and damage done the the target, there's no way that thing could withstand firing off 1,000,000 rounds per minute without falling over backwards and knocking 400 birds, 3 aircraft and the occasional parachutist out the sky 8|

1,000,000 rounds in theory maybe..

Glok
04-11-06, 03:24
Aside from which it would melt.

Dogface
04-11-06, 03:40
Oh and that too.

[edit]

As for it's ability to punch out 1,000,000 rounds per minute, of what actual use would that be? I'm pretty sure there's no situation in todays modern warfare where you would need a gun that would fire off 1,000,000 rounds per minute..

As for implementing that into a smaller (hand held) weapon, unlikely at best for this day and age?

nobby
04-11-06, 22:23
If you fired it down from a helicopter above london, Would that mean everyone's dead ?

1 million rounds a minute is a bit...extreme!

unreal
04-11-06, 22:39
Hope so. People who have the London accent are just fucking annoying. I particularly hate Eastenders and if I had the chance, I'd plant several nailbombs on the set that would kill the lot of em.

Apocalypsox
05-11-06, 00:22
Lol. So brutal unreal.

Point is, the things fucking 10x more uber than any gun we have today. period. (Cept the flying bathtub. Flying bathtub > All)

giga191
05-11-06, 01:03
Even if you could fire off 20 rounds in a single burst at a vehicle, think of the recoil, it would be quite literally 20 times higher. If you've never fired a weapon (especially something like 7.62 or 12 bore) then you won't realise that that would be completely impractical. not impractical if you want a flying machine :D

Powerpunsh
05-11-06, 01:28
As for it's ability to punch out 1,000,000 rounds per minute, of what actual use would that be? I'm pretty sure there's no situation in todays modern warfare where you would need a gun that would fire off 1,000,000 rounds per minute..

There is one. An Iraq Urban-mob. :p (maybe i played too much C&C generals :lol: )
This Metalstorm is a shitty weapon. Im sure, the weapon doesnt has barrels with overall 1M rounds. I like the Dillon aero gatling gun more. 4k Rounds per minute and this gun has 4k round barrels. <--- and thats the point.
:cool: