PDA

View Full Version : Community Checkup

SyncError
31-10-06, 04:22
Hey ladies & gents. Would anyone care to give an update about how the lovely world of Neocron is doing? I left shortly after 2.1 was released as many things in my life changed including moving out of state for a new job. Debbie and I are looking for an MMO to dive into again and have never quite found anything better than Neocron.

How is the player base doing and have the factions re-adjusted back to the old rivalries yet?

- Donnie "SyncError" Domino

Glok
31-10-06, 04:25
Populations are ok, CM now has a couple enemies but the old faction system is dust.

If you haven't found anything better though, the questions are pointless no? :D

Apocalypsox
31-10-06, 04:26
err...no and no...Player pops are pretty much the same...though i think they where kinda growin slightly. Hopefully 2.2 will come out soon and fix the faction rivalries and things, which it should with the new storyline advancements. NC Is always great if you start out on a new account and work your way up from the noobie stages agaiin though.

Dribble Joy
31-10-06, 05:48
Come back foolish mortal.

Apocalypsox
31-10-06, 06:19
like DJ said...If people are skittish of coming back because of low pops, the pops will never go back up will they?...Puny mortals.

Kallima
31-10-06, 07:21
I just reactivated, eh its good to have the old Neocrack back.

People already hate my tanks 2 slot ulti CS :lol:

Vryce
01-11-06, 21:51
Debbie and I are looking for an MMO to dive into again and have never quite found anything better than Neocron.

How is the player base doing and have the factions re-adjusted back to the old rivalries yet?

- Donnie "SyncError" Domino

Well, get yourself back here then...... :D 2.2 should set the factions right.

Haven't seen you since you left Saturn and relocated to Pluto. (Man, that's a while ago.)

btw, you still have that 5-slot baseball bat? I have a feeling that TS WILL be viable again.

Dribble Joy
01-11-06, 22:16
Hopefully.

SyncError
01-11-06, 22:50

Haven't seen you since you left Saturn and relocated to Pluto. (Man, that's a while ago.)

btw, you still have that 5-slot baseball bat? I have a feeling that TS WILL be viable again.

Yes, I still have quite a collection of 5 slotted bats and liberators if I were to renew my account. Neocron is definately one of the best atmospheres and the best mix of RPG and FPS ever created, but I am more than hesitant about returning when I hear that many simple features are still not in place that were half implemented years ago. Additonally, it was the original complex faction system, storyline and heated TS/BD rivalry over Pepperpark that really drew me into the game.

Furthermore, for a period of about two years I offered my services as a community member to run events, write storyline, even put forth coding and scripting work to improve the game in various capacities including the inplace Faction Counsellor and political system, but was always ignored by those who had the means to accept my help. =/ In the end we did what we could, ran player organized events and started a Neocron radio station. Neocron remained the #1 game with potential but perhaps not enough coders to address the issues that needed to be dealt with.

Skusty
01-11-06, 23:19
Come back now and you'll make it just in time for Nobby's kareoke night.

*whistle* :angel:

Apocalypsox
02-11-06, 00:45
Omfg, If nobby has a kareoke night, i will totally renew my main account and come sing! :angel: You will all die soon thereafter though...

Glok
02-11-06, 01:13
On a karaoke night at some country bar a few years ago I screamed out Bon Jovi's Living on a Prayer, Matchbox 20's Push you Around, and AC-DC's Thunderstruck. I don't know if people were impressed or not, but I was hearing about it for the next few days... I guess I at least made an impression. In my defense, I was wasted as hell.

PepsiPlayer
02-11-06, 01:14
Neocrack, what more can i say, you know you need it, you know you want it, its calling you, it needs you, you need it. Come back, what are you waiting for?

Jodo
02-11-06, 03:41
On a karaoke night at some country bar a few years ago I screamed out Bon Jovi's Living on a Prayer, Matchbox 20's Push you Around, and AC-DC's Thunderstruck. I don't know if people were impressed or not, but I was hearing about it for the next few days... I guess I at least made an impression. In my defense, I was wasted as hell.

Karaoke is nothing to be proud of. The only people who should be allowed to take part are singers in bands/solo artists that perform for money but use karaoke to help keep their voice up to the task. Every other karaoke participant should be shot twice through the head immediately.

To stay on topic, always come back. It's always worth trying and reaquainting yourself with the game and the population even if you just pay for a month and see what happens. Actual descriptions can never do this game justice anyway.

Come back.
Join us.
Follow the Nav-Ray.
You know you want to.
Join us now...

Glok
02-11-06, 09:58
Karaoke is nothing to be proud of. The only people who should be allowed to take part are singers in bands/solo artists that perform for money but use karaoke to help keep their voice up to the task. Every other karaoke participant should be shot twice through the head immediatelyI was good dude. That's when I realized I could have been a singer. But I don't go for the rock and roll lifestyle (at least the one that requires you to rock and roll) so I just thought 'yeah neat' and went on my merry way.

On topic, ,, stop asking questions and resub already!

james_finn
02-11-06, 21:03
Yes, I still have quite a collection of 5 slotted bats and liberators if I were to renew my account. Neocron is definately one of the best atmospheres and the best mix of RPG and FPS ever created, but I am more than hesitant about returning when I hear that many simple features are still not in place that were half implemented years ago. Additonally, it was the original complex faction system, storyline and heated TS/BD rivalry over Pepperpark that really drew me into the game.

Furthermore, for a period of about two years I offered my services as a community member to run events, write storyline, even put forth coding and scripting work to improve the game in various capacities including the inplace Faction Counsellor and political system, but was always ignored by those who had the means to accept my help. =/ In the end we did what we could, ran player organized events and started a Neocron radio station. Neocron remained the #1 game with potential but perhaps not enough coders to address the issues that needed to be dealt with.

First of all I'd like to say welcome back :) Dont know if you remember me, but I believe we had a few meetings - Im delphi from PIMP. The only way to see if the game is any better is to come back and see for yourself. If you havent played since evo 2.1 then theres some new goodies which will keep you entertained for a small amount of time (Plus I may recruit you to help with some event ideas...)

/Delphi

rob444
02-11-06, 21:19
SyncError, hmm, from pluto? Remember Ice_? :P

Or maybe that was SyntaxError, hmm, grr :P

james_finn
02-11-06, 23:02
both were from pluto ;)