PDA

View Full Version : Psi Monk questions...

kazvall
28-10-06, 04:42
Just a little confused about some things...

I understand, to an extent, to openness of class creation.

Just curious about the exact difference between a preacher and an inquisitor.

Essentially, couldn't I spec them both exactly the same? Do they get something different? Different stat caps?

I want a heavy damage dealer, without sacrificing high level spells, but also be able to heal myself, in aid to healpacks.

Advice?

NAPPER
28-10-06, 05:10
ok you have to have

68 in ppu
141 in apu skill
87 in mst i think
then the rest in psi power

all with imps
DS mc5
Psi Core
psi attack 3

sorry cant remember the other one if someone else can tell you ok but I will but a basic setup for one tomoz when i get home

so with this setup you can use a rare apu spell called a holy lighting a anti shield for debuffing the guy your fighting

then ppu spells you can use are blessed def normal shelter br2 and a damage boost

anyway if someone doesn’t post one by tomoz I will ok

NAPPER

Dogface
28-10-06, 05:31
Ok well a Preacher profession (Hybrid) gives up the huge damage of an Inquisitor profession (APU) for greater defence, much like a lowtech private eye gives up the damage of a hightech private eye for greater defence. Imagine it like this:

PPU defence = 10/10
PPU damage = 0/10

APU defence = 0/10
APU damage = 10/10

Blessed (PPU Based Hybrid) defence = 7/10
Blessed (PPU Based Hybrid) damage= 3/10

APU Hybrid defence = 3/10
APU Hybrid damage = 7/10

An APU based hybrid is generally better (due to current balance issues, which are being reworked) and can use Holy Lightning (high level APU spell) but the spell won't do as much damage due to the Monk having to remove some points from APU to put them in PPU, but they can nearly make up for this with a damage boost spell (which is partly where the imbalance is).
Hybrids of any kind can heal themselves perfectly well and still maintain a damage output that is equal to or greater than that of any gun.

So if you're looking for a high damage output (but not the highest) with a good ability to heal without losing high level spells, I suggest an APU based hybrid.