PDA

View Full Version : „Design your Neocron 2 Custom H.U.D.“ contest

SnowCrash
25-10-06, 13:30
1. Explanation
In course of the clearance of modifications of Neocron 2 H.U.D.s, also called R.P.O.S. we are glad to announce the official “Design your Neocron 2 Custom H.U.D.” contest. Design your own Neocron 2 custom H.U.D. and present it to the community. Beside the publication of the three best Neocron 2 Custom H.U.D.s as “Featured Download” on the Neocron 2 product site, the first three places additionally receive free game time on an existing Neocron 2 game account.

2. Submission of Custom H.U.D.s
For the participation in the “Neocron 2 Custom H.U.D.” contest, a completely modified custom H.U.D. has to be submitted. Which H.U.D. files are included can be seen in this thread. (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=136215)

Submit your Neocron 2 Custom H.U.D.s intended for participation in the contest as .RAR or .ZIP archive together with your full name, address and Neocron 2 game account name to the e-mail address community@reakktor.info with the subject “Neocron 2 Custom H.U.D. Contest”.

3. Entry deadline
All custom H.U.D.s submitted until 30.11.2006 will be taken into account and afterwards published in the Official Neocron Forum for the evaluation by the community.

4. Rating by the community
To accomplish an efficient rating we recommend to install the H.U.D.s and test them in the daily game play. Please note that the same rules for the installation of custom H.U.D.s apply, which you can see here (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=136215). To install one of the custom H.U.D.s please proceed as following:
Create a security backup of the folder /yourNeocronfolder/gfx/rposv3
Extract the custom H.U.D. files into the folder /yourNeocronfolder/gfx/rposv3 and overwrite any existing files.The custom H.U.D.s should be rated by the following criteria:
Optical quality
Usability5. Conditions of participation
Custom H.U.D.s with unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable content will be disqualified from the participation.

On submission of the custom H.U.D. for the participation at the contest, the participant commits the unrestrained and exclusive rights of use to the Reakktor Media Ltd.

Employees, as well as their dependants and members of the Neocron 2 Gamemaster team are excluded from the participation.

A payout of the prices is not possible. Legal process is excluded.

6. Prizes
Besides the publication of the winner H.U.D.s as “Featured Download” on the Neocron 2 product site, the winners receive the following prices in form of free game time.
place: 3 months free game time
place: 2 months free game time
place: 1 month free game timeGood Luck and have fun!!

bibliotequa
25-10-06, 13:47
wtf first?

3 months free game time? Maybe I need to get my HUD on.

Jodo
25-10-06, 15:59
oohh, nice community idea. :) Going for the free gametime instead of ingame items is a good step too. No t-shirt giveaways, or would the postage be a bit too much?

CMaster
25-10-06, 16:03
oohh, nice community idea. :) Going for the free gametime instead of ingame items is a good step too. No t-shirt giveaways, or would the postage be a bit too much?

The way I see it, the free gametime is a way of "paying" you for your time. As otherwise they would have to pay somebody to desing alternative HUDs.

I hope to see some good setups, because I'd like an alternative., but having opened the files in PSP have decided its too fiddly for my tastes to do myself.

SnowCrash
25-10-06, 16:17
The way I see it, the free gametime is a way of "paying" you for your time. As otherwise they would have to pay somebody to desing alternative HUDs.

The intention to host this contest is definately not to save money. We want to involve the community as much as a professional game development progress allows this. We got lots of creative heads in our community and this is a chance for them to present their skills to the players.

Pantho
25-10-06, 16:35
Im personally shit at Creating anything, But i like this comp, The prizes are a refreshing change, should spark some Creativity in people.

Skusty
25-10-06, 16:59
Nice. :angel:

Jodo
26-10-06, 02:22
Yeah, I think a lot of people will be using the NC1 RPOS or at least something very similar. Shouldn't that be available to download officially from the KK site already? I don't see why one of us would need to submit it.

Philchow
26-10-06, 04:30
This one kicks ass.

http://philch0w.free.fr/neocron/rockinhud.jpg

aKe`cj
26-10-06, 07:58
This one kicks ass.

I doubt a photoshopped entry will stand a chance ;)
The level of customization you apllied is unfortunately not possible - the very same applies to the NC1 HUD... impossible to get it done without changing the hardcoded scaling and positioning of HUD elements.

Philchow
26-10-06, 12:03
Unfortunaltely, I'm not the author. I just found an old screen in my archives.

silent000
26-10-06, 17:31
Philchow find the author and let me downlaod it, i like it!

CMaster
26-10-06, 18:07
It was a mock-up somebody made in Photoshop to show how it could better be done.

Bishop Yutani
26-10-06, 19:45
Nice prizes!

i think i might take a shot at this one.

Drakoh
26-10-06, 19:49
How many enteries can someone make ? theres like 3 im currently working on which have different styles :/

aKe`cj
26-10-06, 20:38
How many enteries can someone make ? theres like 3 im currently working on which have different styles :/

You can submit as many as you like, you cannot however, win more than one prize.

fjutte
18-11-06, 03:14
Hmmm I dont even have the files in my nc2\gfx directory.. how do you get them?

Argent
18-11-06, 15:24
Hmmm I dont even have the files in my nc2\gfx directory.. how do you get them?

http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=136216

Look a bit further next time.

ridec
20-11-06, 09:39
I wondered ... can you win all 3 prizes, cos im so l33t! :confused: :angel:
otherwise really cba making one o_O

Doc Holliday
20-11-06, 10:02
I wondered ... can you win all 3 prizes, cos im so l33t! :confused: :angel:
otherwise really cba making one o_O

what argent said applies to you too my l33t friend.

Nidhogg
20-11-06, 19:16
Please restrict posts on this thread to the competition only. Off-topic posts (including hilarious references to the NC1 HUD) will be removed. :p

N

Infinite
20-11-06, 19:18
Lawl!

But it was so dam sexy!!!

Nidhogg
20-11-06, 19:32
Lawl!

But it was so dam sexy!!!
Yeah, it was also about the 5th time it had been posted. :p Back to the topic now, please...

N

ZoVoS
21-11-06, 14:54
lmfao. i was just browsing through n saw OMG 3 month free game time :P im soooooo gona get out me photoshop disks

SorkZmok
21-11-06, 15:49
lmfao. i was just browsing through n saw OMG 3 month free game time :P im soooooo gona get out me photoshop disks
Haha that's what i thought.
If i ever get the time i'll make up one sexy Kid Kapow themed RPOS. In pink. It's gonna pwn. :lol:

SnowCrash
23-11-06, 13:49
How far are you guys? I am asking because some german runner said that they might need some more time. We could extend the deadline by a week or so if that is needed.

Mautje
23-11-06, 17:59
i already finished my custom RPOS.

Thing is it looks best in a certain color setting (you know the /set gfx_hudcolor or something) but there's no way to include this right?

giga191
30-11-06, 14:18
hurry hurry hurry, i want a new hud

Seven
25-12-06, 18:55
It's about time! :cool:

Heavyporker
26-12-06, 11:03
Bah... just about figured out how to tweak things.

Man, I can't believe we're stuck with hard-coded buttons!

Heavyporker
27-12-06, 04:36
I almost forgot: I definitely am working on a HUD submission. However, the trial and error is hideous, because I'm basically taking a very different tack to the aesthetic.

Good lord, why the damn hardcoding?!?!?!?

*WAILS*

*TEARS OUT SIDEBURN HAIRS*

Maxkhl
27-12-06, 23:19
I cant find the files
and
I cant open the Files!
:confused: :confused: :confused:
Plzzzz Help ME

Heavyporker
28-12-06, 09:43
Max.. .all info is on this forum: http://neocron.jafc.de/forumdisplay.php?f=174

unreal
28-12-06, 13:21
Good lord, why the damn hardcoding?!?!?!?It's the easiest option, why else? :rolleyes:

calim
30-12-06, 18:53
[ edited ]

Ascension
02-01-07, 02:42
I don't play this pathetic little game anymore more, but had a look around the forums for the nostalgic value, it reminded me of the time I played. I had an 'illegal' rpos modification.

(Awww... I'm telling mommy!)

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/1534/rposhackyy2.gif

...doesn't this look neater? ;)

tarasm
04-01-07, 03:23
WTF it is the 1st....Where the huds

Jodo
04-01-07, 04:45
WTF it is the 1st....Where the huds

...the deadline for the Neocron 2 custom H.U.D. contest has been extended to 12/01/2007.

Ok, the date has been more than discussed already, mainly because the US has their date arse about face to the rest of the world so some people go confused.

12 - meaning the 12th day/01 - meaning the first month/2007 - meaning this year.

How do you guys operate computers if you can't figure the date out? :p :D :rolleyes: :wtf:

tarasm
12-01-07, 21:48
It is the 12..Where is the HUDS???Tell me damnit

Heavyporker
12-01-07, 23:23
I for one gave up. I had great ideas going in, but I couldn't make them work well with the hard-coded buttons and such, and also time constraints made it painful to try and experiment with adjustments to my ideas to make them work.

*sigh*

Don't even get me started on the drone H.U.D. design. Crahn!

And the text!

Motherfuckers completely futzed it all up on the damned text, couldn't do jackshit with the damn text!

*Especially*... *especially* with the fucking hardcoded buttons wth text inside them! WTF! FFS!

unreal
13-01-07, 04:41
Yeah, the best you can really do is crop away as much of the hideous Neocron 2 HUD as you can and add bits of trimming to it. Quite a pointless contest when you consider how limited you are in being able to actually put your HUD ideas into action. I was thinking of doing a UT HUD but ended up ditching it like you have. I've just trimmed the annoyances that I just mentioned and left it at that. Better than leaving it the way it was. :o If I can be bothered I'll just work around those bits and get it done at some point.

Jodo
13-01-07, 08:59
Yeah, it's a little frustrating when you have so many ideas and can't do them. I was fairly occupied over the Christmas period and it wasn't high on my list of priorities to get one finished for the competition deadline. I've mostly just trimmed the design off the edges as Unreal said and add some shading to it. Nothing too fancy really.

Out of curiosity, did anyone enter a design into the competition?
Also, does anyone know the progress in the German part of the forum? They tend to go for the competitions and events more than us.

Pantho
13-01-07, 10:08
i cant see a problem re-posting this..

It was from the PUBLIC section of neocron Synergyxr.net forum

http://img400.imageshack.us/img400/4343/shot0007dh5.jpg

im fairly sure he didnt have time to finish it for the contest... He only started and released this pick... this week, or last i forget... sexy tho

I forgot to mention...

This is the work of

Fooking/Eldin -Synergyxr.net/forums

Heavyporker
13-01-07, 11:18
Yeah, Pantho, exactly.

I had a curvilinear design going in my head, circles and wavy things on all the edges, sorta make it somewhat organic, edit out some of the cyber-ish fripperies on the HUD.

Not that the fripperies are completely bad, it's just that over time you get tired of them. And yes, they do get in the way sometimes.

*sigh*

Why, oh why did KK put in text into hardcoded areas?!?!?? Impossible to change fonts and then change font size to make it actually readable. FFS.

edit: That modified H.U.D is pretty damn minimalist, Pantho. Damn minimalist.

netster
13-01-07, 15:45
pantho... its really sexy! i like it!

release it!release it!release it!release it!release it!release it!release it!release it!release it!release it!release it!release it!release it!release it!release it!

vices
13-01-07, 23:05
[ edited ]

Pantho
14-01-07, 05:57
pantho... its really sexy! i like it!

release it!release it!release it!release it!release it!release it!release it!release it!release it!release it!release it!release it!release it!release it!release it!

NOT MINE!!!1

Please. i suck ... its Fooking's

still been made i think

NAPPER
14-01-07, 06:43
that is sweet it would be even better if the little man in the corner for the armor change to what ever you was playing like thats for a monk then you log a tank and they will be a little tank there :D

tarasm
14-01-07, 18:58
[ edited ]

Jodo
15-01-07, 01:14
So is it safe to say that nobody (at least from the English forum) has submitted anything?

Amazing! We bitch and moan at KK that they never give anything special to do and we don't even bother entering the competitions. It was the same with the Anecdote and Halloween competitions too. There were so few entries that it was embarrassing. :(

NAPPER
15-01-07, 01:49
So is it safe to say that nobody (at least from the English forum) has submitted anything?

Amazing! We bitch and moan at KK that they never give anything special to do and we don't even bother entering the competitions. It was the same with the Anecdote and Halloween competitions too. There were so few entries that it was embarrassing. :(

In the last few months the pops of Terra has dropped a lot and the pops for the test server has as well so I ask you this why design something when you don’t intend to use it well maybe for the free time when 2.2 comes out.

I really do think that 2.2 could be good but I think kk has tried to do far to much at once and its going to take a lot more then a couple of months to fix a lot of things in the test server but I wish them luck but for the test server I would have thought the caps from 2.1 would have been implemented like the health cap is 595 in 2.1 but in 2.2 the highest I have seen is 1597 now that’s just silly.

This is why I believe 2.2 will be the death of NeoCron if things remain the same but that’s just me. But still I understand why kk has done it there’s always bigger and better games coming out. Like I said above I just think they trying to do to much at once.

Just my 2 cent

Nick

p.s. if you want to flame me just pm me please.

RageUK
15-01-07, 01:59
The screenie pantho posted was mine, and your right pantho i never had time to finish it, only managed to spend a little time on it cos of work, with a little luck i should finish it by the end of this week, and sorry to say that its not possible for it to auto change the char in the corner but if people would like to use the hud then if i find time i'll do one for all the classes and make it so you can choose your own. and Heavy your correct its very difficult with the hard coding, just spend a little bit of time and a lot of trial and error and you'll get there. the hardest part is the tab windows as they can only be dragged by the top so you have to make them as big as they are now, which is kinda hard to make look decent but its a challenge, and i've enjoyed spending the time i've been able to doing it.

NAPPER
15-01-07, 02:28
The screenie pantho posted was mine, and your right pantho i never had time to finish it, only managed to spend a little time on it cos of work, with a little luck i should finish it by the end of this week, and sorry to say that its not possible for it to auto change the char in the corner but if people would like to use the hud then if i find time i'll do one for all the classes and make it so you can choose your own. and Heavy your correct its very difficult with the hard coding, just spend a little bit of time and a lot of trial and error and you'll get there. the hardest part is the tab windows as they can only be dragged by the top so you have to make them as big as they are now, which is kinda hard to make look decent but its a challenge, and i've enjoyed spending the time i've been able to doing it.

Question for you if you had the right coding would you be able to make all the things on the hud moveable just wondering ???

Nick

tarasm
15-01-07, 02:44
[ edited ]

RageUK
15-01-07, 02:47
Well the right coding could make all the things moveable, take like HLT STA and PSI writing thats not in the actual hud, thats wrote into the game to display there, same with the money and soullight figures the chat, local, location, time compass and pretty much everything else, so these locations have to be writ into the game somewhere am not sure were abouts they are but they should be able to be changed with the right code, but i don't really know all that much about coding and would require editing of files that are agains't the eula to edit, so theoretically it should be possible but would but upto kk to do so. but like i said i don't much aout coding and such so i wouldn't know hard it would be to do so.

Heavyporker
15-01-07, 05:10
[ edited ]

I assume that some *did* enter, and I guarantee you that some *did* try, but couldn't manage to turn anything out.

Jodo
15-01-07, 06:46
I'm not mouthing off you silly prat. If you notice I said "we" not "you lot". I'm throwing myself into the lazy bastard catagory there too. And as I've said in other posts, I've worked on my own RPOS but didn't want to dedicate so much of my time to get one finished for the competition. I can post a screenie if you wish but it's not much to look at really.

The thing is, we know there are already RPOS designs out there. People have been using them illegally for ages and the occasional one even gets posted in the forum when someone has screenied something.

I assume nobody as entered because there has been no word from KK to state that they are going through the entries to make sure they are all in the correct working order before letting us judge for ourselves.
As Tarasm has already mentioned, the 12th has been and gone and we've had no official comment.

Edit: Just took a screenie... (http://forum.neocron.com/attachment...tid=11208&stc=1)

It's still got lots that I'm not happy with and I'm far from finished.

SnowCrash
15-01-07, 10:46
The Neocron 2 Custom H.U.D. contest deadline has been reached and all submitted entries will be prepared for the community vote within the next two weeks.