PDA

View Full Version : Long time no see, Neocron.

Bibliotequa2
23-10-06, 16:25
I have class in a few, so I'll leave a few quick questions in hope that they get replied to while I'm away.

What happened to the English General Discussion forum or whatever it was called?

Martin is no longer CEO of KK? How? When?

How's the PvP still doing in NC?

How full do the servers get? Which is the largest english server?

What are the rules on Neptune and does anyone play there?

I heard the 3rd server is Saturn, is it true?

Is anyone from '02 or so still around?

Are Monks still getting nerfed?

Nidhogg
23-10-06, 16:34
You've now got read access to the other forums and are welcome to take a look around. J joined 10tacle when they acquired Reakktor. Holger Nathrath is now the CEO.

I don't answer your other questions as a rule so I'll leave it to more "unbiased" people (though I reserve the right to jump in and throttle people I don't like. :p So nothing's changed on that front. )

N

/edit - oh, I guess I answered the question about people from way back when, too - there are still quite a few of us around.

Bibliotequa2
23-10-06, 18:05
Thanks for giving me read access.

Yeah, I'd seen that DribbleJoy is still around.

So how've you been, Nidh? I was wondering if any of the old mods were still around. So who else is around? Does anyone still keep in touch with Laemin? Is ... was his name reefsmoker? still keeping the promise of paying for an account until the servers die?

Oh and a pretty big question I just remembered, was that I heared that when DoY came out, the database was restored or something like that, so even though characters were deleted after three months of innactivity, we could pull them out of the wreckage and take them to DoY.

Is this true? Does this work even if we didn't do it within 3 months of the release of DoY? I haven't paid a subscription to my account since probably late 2003, is there any chance my character is still there? If so, how do I take him to the DoY servers?

Nidhogg
23-10-06, 18:33
I think apart from Odin I'm the oldest surviving mod these days. Reefsmoker didn't last the distance either. ;)

Your characters should still be available and if you contact account@neocron.com they should be able to organise transfering them over to the NC2 servers.

N

Bibliotequa2
23-10-06, 18:53
awesome, thanks.

Whiety Bulger
23-10-06, 22:02
......HollowOne hates u!!!!

Dribble Joy
24-10-06, 00:27
I am indeed, a few dusty cracked bells ring in the distance of my addled noggin, but I can't exactly recall who you are :p.

WB anyway :).

XoxSnakexoX
24-10-06, 00:31
When they transferd my characters they all came with half there xp/levels. And the support people dont seem to want to fix any characters.

Dribble Joy
24-10-06, 00:35
What server did you come from and when did you leave?
There's a chance that you quit before a large server crash that happened near the end of NC1 which could have damaged you chars.

Bibliotequa2
24-10-06, 03:29
Hey Whiety, Dribble.

I was just a player in Saturn, had the ingame name BoS-Bibliotequa and the forum name Bibliotequa, was pretty active in the community talk though, so definitely saw you around, much like many other people whose names I only vaguely remember by now (I for some reason just remembered Nonamebrandeggs, also that guy that fooled people into thinking he was a woman, Artricia or something like that, a Psi-Monk from Pluto that was probably the most active poster at that time, can't remember the name though, I want to say it started with an A. etc.)

Whiety Bulger
24-10-06, 19:34
Ahh being TG on Saturn was so fun. I remember piss the map yellow day when New Dawn capture every OP

Bibliotequa2
24-10-06, 19:48
yeah those were the days. It was what... a TG versus Tangent war?

Are any of the old ND players still around?

I have another question, Nidh, so to play NC2 I have to buy an NC2 subscription. It's $25 and comes with a free month according to the Terms of Agreement. Since my chars are on my NC1 CD Key, is there any way I can get that month added to my NC1 Account? Or is that what I'm supposed to contact the account support email about, so they could transfer chars from that account to this one? When should I contact them? I don't want to buy the NC2 account and have it sitting there wasting money for a few days while I wait for my characters to get transfered.

Nidhogg
24-10-06, 20:18
The account guys are the ones to talk about transferring characters. You can't re-subscribe your old NC1 account but as far as I'm aware you have to have an NC2 account before they will start the transfer. You don't have to wait before getting NC2 installed though as you can do that at any time - you just won't be able to log in until the account is active.

N

Bibliotequa2
24-10-06, 20:27
All right, thanks again. I guess I'll be brushing the dust off my old, alzheimer's-ridden characters later today. I see birthdates were removed from NC2, probably a wise choice :P

Conduit
24-10-06, 21:26
Hi, Bib & Snake long time no see. :)
How's it going with college?

Bibliotequa2
24-10-06, 21:53
Holy shit conduit!:D How've you been, man? I looked for you in the NC computer but couldn't find you char, are you still playing?

What games are you into right now?

College is going pretty well, just started this year.

Another question for anyone who knows *coughs* Nidh *coughs*

Apparently we can't transfer the chars to a trial account until the 10 days are over. I tried simply buying an account, but I need a CD Key. Since I don't have a box, is there any way I can purchase the CD Key online, or do I have to wait the 10 days out?

This playing Neocron thing gets harder and hard by the minute *grumbles*

I hope I didn't give all my rares back to the clan, or worse *gasps* some noob I saw at Plaza...(1? 2? 4? 3 was next to PP, right?) I remember giving all my money away... this doesn't bode well.

Doc Holliday
25-10-06, 07:34
.....a Psi-Monk from Pluto that was probably the most active poster at that time, can't remember the name though, I want to say it started with an A. etc.)

Lol. Shadow dancer. mr 100000000 posts over 2 accounts. i cant remember his original forum account but i know he changed it to that. maybe it was arcadius or something but yeah thats who you mean bib.

Bibliotequa2
25-10-06, 13:41
Arcadius sounds about right. Man, I forgot he changed his account to shadow dancer, but yeah, you're right. Ah man, those were the days. Now if only this trial account would run out of juice so I could actually start reliving memories from NC, rather than just memories from NC's forums :P

bibliotequa
25-10-06, 13:48
my account! It's alive! Dec 2002, baby :D I'll still stand by the fact that I've played since Beta4, it just took me a while to get to the forums :P