PDA

View Full Version : Xfire support for Neocron 2

SnowCrash
22-10-06, 16:39
we are glad to announce that Neocron 2 is now supported by the popular instant messenger Xfire. Xfire offers several useful features that makes a gamer's daily life more comfortable. Get more information about Xfire directly on the Xfire product page (http://www.xfire.com).

james_finn
22-10-06, 16:54
nice one - good to see KK listening to the community!

/Delphi

edit: woot first!

blackpheonix
22-10-06, 16:56
wow nice one guys :) you def are keeping the community happy this week :)

silent000
22-10-06, 18:21
Give it time and we will once again see the servers at 100% ;)

CHA0S
22-10-06, 18:27
Wonder how long before a good portion of ppl have the xfire as their signature.

Good work SnowCrash finally someone (as james_finn says) is listening to the community of this game

Keep it up SnowCrash and thankyou

Codrum
22-10-06, 18:48
Nice. GJ Snowcrash

Cadgar
22-10-06, 19:39
codrum and silent use other xfire signatures. yours are too high :lol:

kane
22-10-06, 19:47
we are glad to announce that Neocron 2 is now supported by the popular instant messenger Xfire. Xfire offers several useful features that makes a gamer's daily life more comfortable. Get more information about Xfire directly on the Xfire product page (http://www.xfire.com).
my hero <3

eprodigy
22-10-06, 19:51
good work..

mabye now is a good time to restate the signature size limits... could get annoying

Nidhogg
22-10-06, 20:25
mabye now is a good time to restate the signature size limits... could get annoying
There are three formats of Xfire sig that fit within our signature rules (63px, 34px and 29px) while still allowing a number of lines of text or other graphic images. I'm considering allowing the 111px "classic" sig but that is yet to be determined.

N

unreal
22-10-06, 21:09
Excellent, this is at least one form of advertisement that should do the population good (fingers crossed). My only complaint (and as everyone knows I can always find something to complain about :rolleyes:) is that it doesn't appear to detect that Neocron 2 is installed out of the hat. I had to manually add it as an "Installed" game. I think some users will find that a bit annoying. It's a start at least. :)

Dribble Joy
22-10-06, 23:03
Is there any prospect that other programs that had compatability in NC1 such as IRC and Winamp could get official support?

Brammers
23-10-06, 02:46
Is there any prospect that other programs that had compatability in NC1 such as IRC and Winamp could get official support?

Try the Neocron Network Launcher - That has some IG support for IRC and Winamp.
http://www.neocronnetwork.de/neocronlauncher/index.php?pa2=info_page

Edit: P.S. nice one on the X-Fire support.

Lachlan
23-10-06, 02:56
The in-game messaging is sweet!

NAPPER
23-10-06, 03:04
im sorry its just me being dumb i think.

But i downloaded xfire and it hasnt got NEOCRON on it do i have to find it or transfer it to it or what its got battlefield2 on it so tell me what to do please.

if you want to add me the username is nappers

Dribble Joy
23-10-06, 03:10
This has been mentioned ingame as well, NC is not on the list of progs. You need to add it.

NAPPER
23-10-06, 03:12
can you tell me how i coudnt find how to sorry for being a noob tbh

Dribble Joy
23-10-06, 03:24
No idea, not using it :p.

unreal
23-10-06, 05:03
Click on Tools --> Options --> Games
Double click on 'Not Installed' to expand the list
Click on Neocron 2 to select it
Make sure the 'Game installed' checkbox is ticked
Click on 'Browse' or type in the location of your Neocron 2 directory. By default it's usually C:\Program Files\neocron2
Click 'Apply' then click 'OK'. Neocron 2 should be added to the list of installed games. Job done.
There's another problem which for some reason, when you go to that 'Games' window again, Xfire seems to not list that Neocron 2 is installed when it redetects installed games, even though you've manually added it.

SnowCrash
23-10-06, 10:37
Neocron has been automatically added to my Xfire games list. I am not sure but it seems that the list gets updated automatically from time to time.

Tratos
23-10-06, 11:48
Good to see that this support has finally been added, nice work SnowCrash - speedy too!

Jodo
23-10-06, 14:22
It's great to see KK so active of late (obviously they're always busy with something but it's good for morale when we see it first hand). Interviews on websites, HUD mods getting the ok and now this. I think it's fairly apparent that the community appreciates this and it gives a certain "buzz" about the game that we normally only see on Patch day. Good work KK. :)

Brammers
23-10-06, 14:40
Can we have support for X-Fire usernames in our profiles on the forums please! (I just added it to the THN forums (http://forum.techhaven.org/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=3))

Jimbo2552
24-10-06, 00:04
Just close and reopen xfire when Neocron is closed. It worked automatically for me when I started up NC today :)

Amox
24-10-06, 03:34
same here nc was in the list after install newest version of x fire

naphead
10-11-06, 09:04
I've never used xfire. Do I need to keep xfire running? How does this actually work without me having to read the damn help file :/ Mostly I just want to use this to calc my time playing games.

SnowCrash
10-11-06, 10:28
You need to have it running, yes. Otherwise I will not log your playing times.

Faid
10-11-06, 17:19
Just open it and log in before you start playing, thats what I do :)

unreal
10-11-06, 17:45
Don't forget to make sure it knows Neocron is installed as well, otherwise it obviously won't count the hours. For me it never automatically detected Neocron was installed unless the client was running at the same time.

Click on Tools --> Options --> Games
Double click on 'Not Installed' to expand the list
Click on Neocron 2 to select it
Make sure the 'Game installed' checkbox is ticked
Click on 'Browse' or type in the location of your Neocron 2 directory. By default it's usually C:\Program Files\neocron2
Click 'Apply' then click 'OK'. Neocron 2 should be added to the list of installed games.

naphead
10-11-06, 18:23
Yep, thanks for those instructions. I got that running. I think I'm good to go. Thanks guys. If you'd like to add me to your friends list

naphead is the name.

naphead
15-11-06, 22:16
1 more question.

Does XFire track actual login time or just how long the Client.exe is running?

Cadgar
15-11-06, 22:26
just check your task manager for games

Pantho
16-11-06, 10:22
http://forum.techhaven.org/viewtopic.php?p=19089#19089

naphead
20-11-06, 22:16
Is there anyway to tell how many TOTAL hours of Neocron played? Not an individual, but TOTAL Neocron hours.

unreal
20-11-06, 22:31
Do you mean the total hours everyone has played Neocron for? I was wondering the same thing. The only thing close is when Neocron is the most played amongst your list of friends, it'll show how many hours are played per week.
Hottest Game: http://media.xfire.com/xfire/xf/images/icons/neocr2.gif Neocron 2 595 total hrs this week
Most Dedicated Gamer: unreal (http://www.xfire.com/profile/learnu) 152 total hrs this week

naphead
21-11-06, 00:08
Do you mean the total hours everyone has played Neocron for? I was wondering the same thing. The only thing close is when Neocron is the most played amongst your list of friends, it'll show how many hours are played per week.

Yes, I would like know this. The only way I can see is to get the hours to make it to the top 10 list, but I would like to know how far off from that we are. I know we will never make it to #1, but it's a dream I have ;)