PDA

View Full Version : Old Noob looking for some info

Slideways
22-10-06, 06:50
Hi guys, I had only played NC1 a long time ago. Back then, no one played, I was beyond confused, but I loved the idea of the game. Overall, I just didn't know what to do and ended up quitting.

Now I'm looking to return since the game looks more intresting. But I'm wondering if the servers are still dead. After all, I have no idea what to do in the game, and I had no idea if there was a clan or whatever they're called in NC to help me learn the game.

I'd be more than willing to dedicate my time to the game, but are there actually ways to get help? Thanks much.

Dribble Joy
22-10-06, 07:58
Despite what some say about the community, the HELP channel ingame and this section of the forum (along with the info fan-sites) are a good place to go. There's nearly allways someone on who will answer questions.

That said, as you're from the US, you will have a harder time of it than the majority of the players who are from UK/Europe.

For getting teams together, making a clan and finding tradeskillers etc., there are a lot less people on at 6pm EST than 6pm GMT.

If you can get on during the european peak times (about 4pm-12am GMT or there abouts) then you should find plenty of people.

Apocalypsox
22-10-06, 07:59
The servers are worse than in NC1, ill be the first to tell you this, but all the diehard helpful players are here, so just ask around and tell someone your a new runner, and people will usually help you, and maybe even give you a few mill worth of equipment to start out with. You can look through different channels by pressing F1 and clicking on custom ingame and there are always people chatting on a few of these channels. Specifically the help channel.

Masentaja
23-10-06, 09:09
I for one, camp help channel whole time when I'm online, your task is just to ask. :)