PDA

View Full Version : Clearance of Neocron 2 H.U.D. modifications

SnowCrash
19-10-06, 10:55
We are glad to announce that the modification of R.P.O.S. files for the individual design of the Neocron 2 H.U.D is now officially permitted. Please read the important information about how to modify your Neocron 2 H.U.D. carefully. You can find this information right here (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=136215).

Pantho
19-10-06, 11:16
Fucking Sweet -

Im going to post a thread with RPOS in it in, community talk -

I presume we are allowed to share modifications... If not, im sure ull deleted my post lol

Nvidia
19-10-06, 11:16
Good to hear Snow :)

Thanks for the long-awaited response on this issue. I'm sure we're gonna get some awesome HUDs coming soon.

Dominus
19-10-06, 11:17
Brilliant, just need to find out what's needed to do this.

SnowCrash
19-10-06, 11:23
Please use the respective RPOS customisation forum (http://forum.neocron.com/forumdisplay.php?f=174) for your modification discussions and not the Community Talk! Thanks ;)

silent000
19-10-06, 11:29
Wow! didnt see this one coming lol? But yes very nice to hear i can use my sexy one pantho gave meh :P

Pantho
19-10-06, 11:39
Wow! didnt see this one coming lol? But yes very nice to hear i can use my sexy one pantho gave meh :P

The one i JUST gave you right....

Anyways, err can you move my thread then plz Snow

-edit, Soz

ill find the original files and send em in, im sure some1 else will send it though

Riddle
19-10-06, 12:00
OMG what a sweetener! This has been needed for ages !!

Lets see those jazzed up HUDS......mmmmm

Great decision!!!:D

rob444
19-10-06, 12:04
Awesome news. Cheers!

giga191
19-10-06, 12:13
gonna have to make a fetish one, with leather n shit :D

Pantho
19-10-06, 12:13
gonna have to make a fetish one, with leather n shit :D

gimme gimme

Jodo
19-10-06, 12:21
Whoa, you kept that one quiet you sneaky so and so's. Good work, it'll give the community something to muck around with while we wait for the testserver to open up. (Or was that the cunning plan all along??) :wtf:

RogerRamjet
19-10-06, 16:57
Atlast.

Not that i heard of anyone getting done for using a custom RPOS anyway.

kane
19-10-06, 17:01
opps you mean we were not allowed before?

aKe`cj
19-10-06, 18:07
a short translation from the german forums ...just for clarification on the crosshair issue :)

The crosshair is a .bmp as well but (by mistake?) has not been listed on the released files list

Only the explicitly 'unlocked' files are free to be modified. All other modifications will be responded by a permanent closure of the concerned account in future.

Discussion about modification of client-files that are not explicitly listed will lead to a closure of the concerned forum-account.

So using a custom crosshair will remain a banable offense?

The modification of client files that have not been explicitly whitelisted for editing by us, always poses a breach of our terms of use and can result in a permanent account closure.

Pantho
19-10-06, 18:34
So using a custom crosshair will remain a reason for bans?

Oh dear....

RogerRamjet
19-10-06, 19:01
Fuck, i'd better not use one.

I know so many people who got banned doing so

Hoder
19-10-06, 20:08
Another update from the german forum:

Das Fadenkreuz ist stark PvP relevantes HUD Objekt,
damit alle Spieler die selben Rahmenbedingungen fürs PvP haben,
ist es nicht erlaubt dieses zu manipulieren.Translation:

The crosshair is a strongly PvP relevant object, with which all players have the same framework of conditions for PvP; it is not permitted to manipulate this.

So there :p

kane
19-10-06, 20:54
Another update from the german forum:

Translation:

The crosshair is a strongly PvP relevant object, with which all players have the same framework of conditions for PvP; it is not permitted to manipulate this.

So there :p

So I can still put tape on my monitor :P?

Mighty Max
19-10-06, 22:09
So I can still put tape on my monitor :P?

Don't make it half hearted, use a knife and scratch the crosshair in.

Dribble Joy
19-10-06, 22:46
Don't make it half hearted, use a knife and scratch the crosshair in.
Now that's dedication :P.

Awesome news btw. Will there be new HUDs released by KK? Any chance of an NC one? I like the new one, but a lot of people liked it.

unreal
20-10-06, 00:57
Excellent news, but I think it's been approved of a bit too late. We could have done with this a long time ago. :( Funny though, I was thinking of complaining about the German video that got released the other day, since it was yet another German using a customized RPOS/HUD. heh

Doc Holliday
20-10-06, 07:31
would it be possible to get the old neocron 1 files for the hud and use those? i know some people loved the hud more from nc1 than 2.

(is that what you meant dj?)

unreal
20-10-06, 09:20
Just extracted them for you. My dreams of using the old sexy and simple Neocron 1 RPOS is now a reality thanks to this change. :rolleyes: Can't upload the images to the forum so feel free to download them [URL removed]

aKe`cj
20-10-06, 09:36
feel free to download them [ edited ]

The publication of unapproved modified R.P.O.S. files or packages on the official forum is not permitted and will be punished as a breach of the forums’ terms of service

If I was you, I would not post a DL with hud stuff on the forums .. but meh, maybe it's just because I like to keep my forum acc :p

unreal
20-10-06, 09:49
The files I linked to were the official and unmodified RPOS images that were left over in the packs. If I was breaking any rule then I'm clearly in the wrong, but technically speaking it doesn't appear to be that one or any other. I've edited the post anyway. I like my forum account too. :rolleyes:

Nidhogg
20-10-06, 10:32
The rule is there for your protection. You can be sure that if you download a ZIP from the product site that it will have nothing but a customised RPOS in it. We can't take risks with anything else and neither should you.

N

Skusty
20-10-06, 13:00
So...i could make me a truckdash board? :D

Nah, i'd just like the NC1 hud. :)

Heavyporker
20-10-06, 22:43
I am now obliged to start dreaming up ludicrous H.U.D mods! Gentlemen, brace yourselves.

nobby
20-10-06, 23:52
I hope you're gonna unban everyone you Banned for changing their Hud then.

james_finn
20-10-06, 23:54
I hope you're gonna unban everyone you Banned for changing their Hud then.

I doubt it, as before this news was released it was against the TOS to change the HUD, and now it isnt but I wouldnt have thought there would be any reprieve for any older banned people. Although I could be wrong :P

/Delphi

Heavyporker
21-10-06, 15:56
Granted, it did violate the T.O.S. back then... but then, one has to consider how they modified the H.U.D.: Did they do it to gain an advantage in PvP? I support permaban, then. Otherwise, if it was just to get the NC1 H.U.D. back or to improve the visual aesthetic of the H.U.D, then I must STRONGLY urge unbanning of the account, notification of the owner, and a stern warning not to break the T.O.S. ever again and that they're up on probation.

This would be an extremely magnamious gesture by KK, and bring it a lot of goodwill.

eprodigy
21-10-06, 19:40
it still was against the rules then... I was stuck with the default HUD so if they broke the rules too bad for them.

im guessing most of them changed the crosshair too anyway...

Mighty Max
21-10-06, 19:48
Let this discussion out of here pls.
Sure there are the ppl who follow rules because they understand what rules are meant for and those who only follow rules if they have to fear a punishment. The later group ususally find out the nature of rules the hard way sooner or later.

So, Heavyporker, when will your Boobs'nRPOS be ready? :)

Heavyporker
21-10-06, 20:23
Hm. I'm not really sure that I'll do a titillating tits-laden H.U.D. in the near future, though that's an arousing concept that bears probing. Deep probing.

kurai
21-10-06, 22:19
Umm ... I don't particularly want to piss on anyone's bonfire, but the scope for change on the editable elements is pretty limited.

Keep your expectations realistic and you won't be disappointed and get all moody @ KK, mmmmm'kay people ? ;)

unreal
22-10-06, 03:35
Pissing on a bonfire wouldn't really have much of an affect though would it? :p

Doc Holliday
22-10-06, 10:51
Pissing on a bonfire wouldn't really have much of an affect though would it? :p

depends if you downed a quart of turps or not i would think....