PDA

View Full Version : How do you run NC2 on a remote computer?

seratoz
18-10-06, 17:16
I've been at work lately and need to access it for Lomming purposes. Now i can remote in and start the launcher, then i click launch client and it starts but then immediately closes. It it not on the same port as Remote desktop, and the firewall is configured to let NC run (obviously since i run it when im home ON that cpu). If anyone has any ideas how to do this succesfully let me know

kane
18-10-06, 17:25
I've been at work lately and need to access it for Lomming purposes. Now i can remote in and start the launcher, then i click launch client and it starts but then immediately closes. It it not on the same port as Remote desktop, and the firewall is configured to let NC run (obviously since i run it when im home ON that cpu). If anyone has any ideas how to do this succesfully let me know
you can't run full screen directx programs over remote try window mode.

seratoz
18-10-06, 17:32
it is windows mode, its the only way i play NC.

kane
18-10-06, 17:46
it is windows mode, its the only way i play NC.

Prob cuz windows remote desktop just sucks lol. But has something to do with directx programs.

here http://www.realvnc.com/

Trusted and one the best remote desktop programs I use personaly both on linux and windows desktops :)

I even have it on my psp lol.

seratoz
18-10-06, 17:58
Hell it wont even let me open the configure hardware window, but it will let me run the file integrity check. yeah sounds like graphics based maybe... anyhone else got some ideas? I heard gunnar runs it in remote..... *hint*

kane
18-10-06, 18:09
Hell it wont even let me open the configure hardware window, but it will let me run the file integrity check. yeah sounds like graphics based maybe... anyhone else got some ideas? I heard gunnar runs it in remote..... *hint*
Maybe he uses vnc :P its a common program lol. I think some things of directx would work but a game fully made through directx not sure about that. VNC yes don't really think so with remotedesktop.

Maybe before u run directx theres options expand it change the res and the colors to the max there maybe that could have some effect :)

Pantho
18-10-06, 18:18

Not sure if gunnar does,

Anyways RealVNC works, as some1 linked u 2 -

Ive tried it , from college ^^

Bishop Yutani
18-10-06, 18:25
my vote is on the graphics too. See if you can google remote gaming. Perhaps theres a flavor of vnc that has features that support it.

kane
18-10-06, 18:33
my vote is on the graphics too. See if you can google remote gaming. Perhaps theres a flavor of vnc that has features that support it.

All vnc supports dx9 but none will handle to the best.

seratoz
18-10-06, 20:14
well need some more help.... got VNC up and running however i cannot use my mouse in the game. I can send button inputs, but mouse will not funciton ONLY in NC on the remote cpu. I can still use mouse for everything else on it. any settings im unaware of fellas?

kane
18-10-06, 20:37
well need some more help.... got VNC up and running however i cannot use my mouse in the game. I can send button inputs, but mouse will not funciton ONLY in NC on the remote cpu. I can still use mouse for everything else on it. any settings im unaware of fellas?

u running the game window or full screen? if full try window.

LOL take that back forgot ur window always. Thats odd hmm... try full screen may crash vnc though.

Brammers
19-10-06, 01:40

I gave RealVNC a try, but even on a 100meg network, it's like watching a slideshow, and I can't see the green pointer.

I did start on a little project to use RealVNC on a SPV mobile phone, so I could change skill training on Eve, but I've not got the VPN working yet, and there is also the issue of lack of bandwidth on a mobile phone.

Pantho
19-10-06, 02:19
I gave RealVNC a try, but even on a 100meg network, it's like watching a slideshow, and I can't see the green pointer.

I did start on a little project to use RealVNC on a SPV mobile phone, so I could change skill training on Eve, but I've not got the VPN working yet, and there is also the issue of lack of bandwidth on a mobile phone.

lol My new phone has Wlan, capabilities, with HTML browser -

Hotspot internet time

Louiscypher
19-10-06, 08:04
Gunnar is my coworker at the it departement, he used to do it with windowed mode and pcanywhere, but nowadays we just run the nc client on one of our computers.

giga191
19-10-06, 12:52
aha, unlucky

seratoz
19-10-06, 17:07
ty luis, you thnk pc anywhere will work for me then.... ill give it a try

kane
19-10-06, 18:08
eww I think he ment back in the year 2000 lol thats such odl crap now :(

Pantho
19-10-06, 18:47
[ edited ]

Anyways PCAnywhere is a piece of shit, but it will work - ... You thought of putting NC on a Flash drive, i now that works.