PDA

View Full Version : Hacknet Private Eye?

Glok
17-10-06, 17:01
I'm thinking of making a Hacknet/Melee PE (so not totally useless outside hacknet)

What should I be looking at skilling aside from hck/tc/xray?

I know Phoenix and many 'enemy' DBs will be mostly inaccessible, that's fine.

Glok
17-10-06, 17:35
Hmm just read the guide over at THN looks like this char will be fine for my purposes... and I accidentally set it up perfect for HN too (near equal base enr/xray and lots of hlt) then I can chop things up when the HN bugs of all kinds get to me. A pure HN spy can come later, mainly when shit works properly. ;)

Brammers
17-10-06, 17:42
I did consider a hacknet PE for it's extra CON, but the main thing to remember is implants do not work in Hacknet.

So since you cannot go above INT 60 on a PE, you be stuck with the INT 50 0.2 attack software or the INT 60 1.1 attack software, which is a bit bugged.

As for PvP... pass.

Glok
17-10-06, 19:22
Yeah no imps... so I specced 116 hack, 125TC, and the other stuff, then the melee portion for outside HN is largely imps. PvP? Hm, she needs a clan tag 'Dead Meat' :lol:

You know what would be nice? If the WoC Int +1 item was hacknet attack software.. :o

Clive tombstone
24-10-06, 01:17
you know what would be better? if they actually rebalanced hacknet completely. I really dont feel like explaining now (since the explanation would take to long for where Im at right now), but hacknet needs some balancing done.

Kame
24-10-06, 03:42
I tried the HN PE a while ago, and it totally sucked. Not only was I unable to use the highest TL HN software, but i was a total gimp outta HN. You could possibly spec such a PE to have good resist but thats pointless unless you can do a difference in HN, wich you cant.
You dont even resist too good, 1-2 hits from a capped HN guy and you die.
Pretty pathetic.

jesdfair
03-11-06, 21:14
I think im oging to come back soon, and I'd like to know... whats the deal with the hacknet? Is that where a majority of PvP takes place these days?

Faid
04-11-06, 02:57
The only hacknet pvp that takes place is when the fourth hacker logs off next to the terminal at an OP then logs in to tag it when layer 3 is down, he may get shot by the defending HN spy but usually not before he tags the pedestal :D

Ive had a pure HN spy for a very long time now and Ive only ever run into an enemy hn spy (by enemy I mean an anti city spy cause im pro) two or three times I think.

Apocalypsox
04-11-06, 03:41
Hacknet PvP only happens at an op war...

Private Eye
07-11-06, 21:38
I did consider a hacknet PE for it's extra CON, but the main thing to remember is implants do not work in Hacknet.

So since you cannot go above INT 60 on a PE, you be stuck with the INT 50 0.2 attack software or the INT 60 1.1 attack software, which is a bit bugged.

As for PvP... pass.

Agreed. The gain in CON is not worth the loss in INT/DEX.