PDA

View Full Version : English players on MARS

Kame
17-10-06, 13:56
Currently we are receiving massive complaints about English speaking players on the server Mars who are harassing German speaking players to speak English instead of the valid server language German. This displays a breach of our rules of conduct and will end in suspension of the game account on continual disregard. The Gamemaster team has already been instructed to address such offences.

In course of this announcement we would like to remind all players about the general valid server language rules.

So this is what snowcrash said

I want an official answer on this, what is the status with KK and language regulation regarding english players on mars.
I heard all sorts of crazy rumors like we wont be allowed to speak english on mars, and that we could get banned for it.
If this is so then i, and probably many others, consider such policy as racism, favoritism, and generaly stupid.
A lot of ppl do speak german on terra, and when all the german came we accepted em in our clan and in our OP fights.
Honestly i cant be bothered to think about the language i will use in-game

So do we really get bans on mars for speaking english ?

PLZ snowcrash answer me.

SnowCrash
17-10-06, 14:10
Please have a look at the clarification (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=135661) regarding my previous statement.

mehirc
17-10-06, 14:14
SnowCrash is an official, so this is an official answer. You only have to read it. ;)

He says it is only against the rules if you tell other people what language they have to speak.

Zefrian
17-10-06, 14:15
I suggest reading carefully word-by-word:

http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=135401

Currently we are receiving massive complaints about English speaking players on the server Mars who are harassing German speaking players to speak English instead of the valid server language German.

He explained it in more detail in German here: http://forum.neocron.com/showpost.php?p=2013752&postcount=23

In my own words: It's against the rules, to force other players to speak another language than the official server language. If you speak english on a german server, and the other (you are speaking with) has no problem with that, all will be okay.

[edit]

I see, SnowCrash was faster :) ...

Glok
17-10-06, 14:20
If you speak english on a german server, and the other (you are speaking with) has no problem with that, all will be okay.Not quite. Neither German nor English on any server have any place telling any other what language to speak. The server languages are for support and events.

aKe`cj
17-10-06, 14:28
Not quite. Neither German nor English on any server have any place telling any other what language to speak. The server languages are for support and events.

Thats is EXACTLY what Zefrian tried to communicate :)
Use any language you like, but accept that support is server-language only and that no-one is entitled to forcing other ppl to speak a certain language, not even if it's the server language.

All being said in snows announcment.. so meh ... can we get this topic closed at some point?

Mr McMock
17-10-06, 14:31
wow didnt we get over this crap a month or 2 ago ?

I thought most of the people who went try Mars have either quit again after there month of cron or gone back to terra anyways now.

SnowCrash
17-10-06, 14:33
Question answered. -closed-