PDA

View Full Version : Item drop

rookee
16-10-06, 11:40
How do you guys handle losing items? The possible loss of an item I've invested a rather large amount of game time into somehow keeps me from jumping into the PVP fray. For an occasional PPU player the loss of a 3 slot holy shelter for instance can be quite a set back, and you need many consted spells in order to be effective. I know you don't lose items on op wars, but those only happen now and then. What about the random encounter with a good belt hacker?

Masentaja
16-10-06, 12:02
That's what makes the pvp intensive and exciting.
And you don't need all 5 slot arti stuffs to be good in pvp :)
You can use those lesser expensive gears aswell.

Dribble Joy
16-10-06, 12:07
The PPU situation is a pain. As for other classes I don't mind.

I generally 'plan ahead' and have usually one or two spares of everything, with spare time spent making new ones.

//edit
To extend what was said in the previous post, the risk of loss of hard won/worked item(s) adds a much greater level of stress and fear to PvP which makes the subsequent adrenaline rush all the greater, much higher than that in CS or similar.

Brammers
16-10-06, 12:25
The amount of high slotted spells on my PPU scares me, but I usually have backups of the vital ones, even if they are lower slots.

But when I lost a Fire Apoc (A real nice NC1 one) I was a bit gutted, but it didn't take long to get another one. (Cheers SiL! :) )

CMaster
16-10-06, 15:19
Combat characters: Don't drop anything that can't be replaced. Losing a high-slot shelter for example is a bit of a problem, but a 3-slot will normally work just as well and can be found easily enough. Even a 2 or 1 slot does the job.
PPU: Just be damn good so you don't die much. My PPU rarely died in PvP outside of op-wars, so no belt drop there. If I dropped a belt to PvE, then I'd just go back and get it.

SorkZmok
16-10-06, 15:37
The only class that actually has to fear dropping expensive stuff is a PPU.

For the others it's rather easy. PAs or in the worst case a high slotted shelter/deflector. Tanks might drop a nc 2 dev sometimes but thats it already.

As i myself never go for 5 slots, its piss easy to replace lost spells.
I build em myself, sell the 5 slot ones for a load of money and just use 3/4 slotted stuff. It's all you ever need.

I cant even remember the last time i actually got a good item out of a belt.

unreal
16-10-06, 15:55
I don't mind too much unless it's something I plan on keeping for a while. I mentioned in another thread a while ago that I like to keep the PA's that I wear for PvP and rares weapons that I've used purely to level with on a particular character, as a sort of memento. When it becomes 100% wrecked you know you've had your moneys worth out of it. :p

Like Dribble Joy, one of my vast arrays of apartments for each character (usually the main one in Plaza 1 where I keep each characters items) contains a whole bunch of spare items. If there's something I can't find I'll just go to one of my other apartments in Plaza 1 and type in the password "spells", "implants" or "armour". Still feels kinda sexy to have lots of grouped items. :p
The possible loss of an item I've invested a rather large amount of game time into somehow keeps me from jumping into the PVP fray.Yeah, it's not a good feeling really. I feel this is especially true with the WOC PA's. I PvP'd at Battledome in mine on my Spy quite a bit, which was a few months ago now and so have a few others on Terra, but you don't really see them being used out of safe zones or areas like the clipwhore area of MB, because they're so expensive. Since my account expired a few months ago I migrated to a different ISP and Neocron is pretty much unplayable thanks to packet loss and lag. :mad:

What about the random encounter with a good belt hacker?Well, hacking is very easy and relies quite a bit on luck it would seem. What really annoyed me (http://forum.neocron.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10709) was back when I was whooping FF at Battledome and I got killed (laggy Rhino shots FTB, killed all four of them once plus the PPU though :p), Maxx parked his Rhino over my belt and I couldn't do bugger all to get it back by myself. Fill Tron was there at the time watching and tried to grab it, but by then the Rhino was over it. Conkers was just able to sit there for about 15 minutes trying to hack my belt without being shot. It wasn't the actual loss of an item (think it was only a 5 slot BR2) that pissed me off that day, it was them needing to cheat to get it.
(http://forum.neocron.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10709)

Pantho
16-10-06, 18:38
a DR Decided to carry a Holy pesty in slot 0- Hacked in MoTu, Arena By a Skull :) - (BTW, Not even on a Fight day, was a seperate day when we was Zone fighting.

Some FF Monk Carried a Fire Apoc in slot2, MB hacked by gunnar -

5 slot Dev, BD Because he went AFK. idiot lol

Anyways, not that rare to drop good items, PPU's APU's Tanks are the worst for losing good items, as they tend to carry 2 rares.

nobby
16-10-06, 18:44
I cant even remember the last time i actually got a good item out of a belt.

The best thing I remember hacking out of a belt was a Explosive Termi which the guy used to kill me with :p

That Termi got a few monk Kills for TFC's OP :)

I wish I'd get my gun back...

unreal
17-10-06, 00:14
I hacked two NC1 HAB's and an unressed E tech out of three belts on the same trip through Pepper Park to Plaza 1. I Logged in inside my PP3 apartment, ran outside towards the GR and spotted a belt on the ramp. Ran to the GR and checked if everywhere was clear, hacked the belt, NC1 HAB, I was like "WTF, nice" and decided to randomly check the sewers for belts. I went into the sewer, somewhere near Figaro, and hacked the belt at the exit. Looted the E rare and then headed back towards Plaza 1, and there was a belt just by the CityComs outside the DRE HQ. Hacked it, and low and behold, another NC1 HAB, 2 slots both free and 120/120/120/119 stats. :rolleyes:

onero S
17-10-06, 00:25
It can be a real pain on hybrids since they die more frequently than PPUs and don't have stealth like PEs. Also my hyb carries like 5 5 slot spells many of which he needs 4/5 slots to be fully effective with.

Apocalypsox
17-10-06, 00:53
I hacked two NC1 HAB's and an unressed E tech out of three belts on the same trip through Pepper Park to Plaza 1. I Logged in inside my PP3 apartment, ran outside towards the GR and spotted a belt on the ramp. Ran to the GR and checked if everywhere was clear, hacked the belt, NC1 HAB, I was like "WTF, nice" and decided to randomly check the sewers for belts. I went into the sewer, somewhere near Figaro, and hacked the belt at the exit. Looted the E rare and then headed back towards Plaza 1, and there was a belt just by the CityComs outside the DRE HQ. Hacked it, and low and behold, another NC1 HAB, 2 slots both free and 120/120/120/119 stats. :rolleyes:

Fairly sure the E tech was of Warbot Titan X origin :lol:

NAPPER
17-10-06, 01:09
come pking with me and we can be teamed and i willl show you how to get belts ;)

yuuki
17-10-06, 02:21
a DR Decided to carry a Holy pesty in slot 0- Hacked in MoTu, Arena By a Skull :)

hehe didn't even know what it was until you told me it's expensive :lol:

Pantho
17-10-06, 10:46
hehe didn't even know what it was until you told me it's expensive :lol:

At which point i offer'd to give it you all back, you said no, and said not to give you 50% of the money, but i did anyways :) -

Other 50% went to clan :)

See no Evil
17-10-06, 19:25
Item drop is not a main problem for me even if I usually have my gear with 5 slots weapons or nice stat ones, you put the most expensive one in first slot and usually it is fine :
_ for spies or PE, you put your slasher, exec, judge, .... in first slot and if you need another weapon, use a less slotted one or an undroppable one (Xbow for exemple) then you may loose your stealth 2 or 3 or oblit (but you can use Noob stealth, which is what I usually do because it is enough), your heal is TL10 so undroppable, your TL3 Deflector cost nothing (and 3 slots are enough for it), your shelter is a little problem (3 slots is enough but it can be a little expensive), your PA is the main problem. But you can always stealth away :D if you meet an OP team in the waste and if you don't want to loose items.
_ for monks, PPUs if you don't want to loose items, you can usually survive to the next OP zone or safe zone or GR or clipwhoring point etc (or you have no luck and there is nothing you can do). For APUs, they have a PPU buttplug which will take the belt or you may loose your PA or psi boosters (just carry some queen avalanche with you that will drop in belts if you have lots of spells in inventory)
_ for tanks, this is the main problem but you can use a quad and flee easily if you need or just don't use PAs and not more than 2 droppable rare weapons and you wlil be fine as the other gear is not very expensive

I'm talking about high level character, until a good level, just keep your LE and you will not have to worry more than that. If you have some problems, just create an evil Xbow PE hacker as I am (maybe not evil) and you can hack belts (which is not always easy because you need to KILL AND hack) and then trade items for what you need :P

NAPPER
18-10-06, 05:45
Or you can just team them then theys no need to hack or the loss of soul light what is all ways a bitch to get back up

unreal
18-10-06, 06:16
You must be remembering the old SL rules Napper? Getting SL back up these days takes 5minutes worth of easy NPC whoring.

silent000
18-10-06, 10:07
You must be remembering the old SL rules Napper? Getting SL back up these days takes 5minutes worth of easy NPC whoring.

BD Sector > FA Sector!