PDA

View Full Version : Remembrance Thread For NC1

NAPPER
16-10-06, 04:12
Please please please don’t start taking about how nc1 was better then nc2 and how kk should turn one of the servers back in to nc1 please other wise it will just be closed.

Just been watching this nc1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJt66_EBGRg&mode=related&search=)

Remember the gogo in plaza 2 so many people used to get suck in the wall there lol and it was safe to go in there with the le out lol.

Pepper parks wars was always fun to watch with the le in lol.

What was your favorite thing about neocron 1???

NAPPER

Apocalypsox
16-10-06, 05:03
my favorite thing was no one had an LE...and you didnt know who was waiting around the next corner...i may not have ever gotten off my newby feet in NC1, but i got the general atmosphere on the game.

AND I WAS A URANUS TANKZ0RZ!!! Great fun back then fucking around with people like Mr. Ramjet on occasion.

Safunte
16-10-06, 05:33
my favorite was the lack of red vs. blue... it was a every changing alliance scheme between clans because of the complex system... it was awesome.

Forget My Name
16-10-06, 06:20
High server pop with most of the factions crammed together made walking around the city deadly.

I used to dread running through pepper park to my apartment. I knew it meant death most of the time.

SorkZmok
16-10-06, 09:47
The only thing better about nc1 was the much higher population.

Apart from that, it was pretty shit compared to nc2 now. :)

rookee
16-10-06, 11:19
Great things about NC1: All people in one city, always action in PP - and last but not least - the old player models. ;) Apart from that I think NC2 is doing pretty well.

SizZLeR
16-10-06, 11:33
Sure NC2 is better in every way imo, but still it brings certain memories to ones head watching that clip. :)

The population was great, always tons of ppl around in the city and mb, as i joined NC1 rather late (2 months before NC2 went final) i never got to get out much while there were still population there.

Its my first MMORPG game ever, and compared to other MMORPG games, atm it looks to be the only one ill ever be playing, even though NC2 has limits, im sure the future development will offer great new stuff to achieve and keep the game alive. :)

In NC1 my favorite thing was the atmosphere that came with the high population, i remember the first time i logged into NC2 BETA, :lol: i almost managed to get lost in Plaza.

No matter where u went inside the city there were ppl there, and now NC2 sure has better graphics, but its the ppl that brings the atmosphere.

Man if KK went out and let the trial run for a full 30 days instead of only 10, then maybe more ppl would try NC2 and after 30 days they're either totally addicted or totally outta there = more population and the boys gets seperated from the men. :D

RogerRamjet
16-10-06, 14:56
The only thing better about nc1 was the much higher population.

Apart from that, it was pretty shit compared to nc2 now. :)

And LAARD ;)

SorkZmok
16-10-06, 15:38
And LAARD ;)
Best time in nc ever. Best time in any online game tbh. :)

Mr McMock
16-10-06, 15:49
Fave thing about nc1 was the old tg canyon.

Skusty
16-10-06, 16:16
The community, Pepper park! Plaza 1 and 2! Warbot hunting and selling/trading techs! The market today is dead! :( Man...NC1 was one good game.

Faid
16-10-06, 16:28
I loved how everyone (on Pluto) hung out in plaza 2. How I could always get a poke from our BT Faction Rep (cant remember his name now). And how everyone knew who everyone was - there was no you shot my brothers sisters cousins friends alt bullshit.

Brammers
16-10-06, 16:58
The Phoenix Ltd store in Tech Haven. I miss the place. :(

silent000
16-10-06, 17:31
OT ( Sorry :( ) but Brammers u live in chippenham? :eek: im gunna hunt u down

And i playd Pluto for about 2 days and the best time i had in that was watching the PP fights they were sexeh :P

Masentaja
16-10-06, 17:53
Favorite thing about NC1 was players in same town.
It made player trading more intense and pepper park wars fun.
And the world felt much bigger with lots of players around ;)

Brammers
16-10-06, 17:59
OT ( Sorry :( ) but Brammers u live in chippenham? :eek: im gunna hunt u down

And i playd Pluto for about 2 days and the best time i had in that was watching the PP fights they were sexeh :P

OT:Good luck in hunting me down in Chippenham. I see you changed your location from Westbury to Wiltshire.

And if you do find me, you will have to play the TFC/Phoenix drinking games. Trust me, you will get pwned.

StevenJ
16-10-06, 18:08
And if you do find me, you will have to play the TFC/Phoenix drinking games. Trust me, you will get pwned.

I don't know, I've been leading by example, Andy must have some kind of idea by now... not that we ever heard him vomit over vent... :angel:

As for the NC1 thing, it was the realisation that there was an entire world outside the gates... I must have spent weeks running around the city killing various things before I was shown how to get outside. I was amazed as I went through the 'big door' and saw trees and mountains :P

And I was too quiet back then, a friend used to always spam trade for me after hearing my pathetic attempts to advertise my poking service...

Animated
16-10-06, 18:13
I miss the nice clan atmosphere we had in CA on Saturn, especially in Inferno/IO.

Skusty
16-10-06, 18:58
The golden years of SoldierZ! :angel: I miss them.

silent000
16-10-06, 19:11
OT:Good luck in hunting me down in Chippenham. I see you changed your location from Westbury to Wiltshire.

I changed it because i went to go live with my nan for a bit in westbury but that was ages ago now i live in trowbridge :D

And skusty u remeber Woezerofiveppu from soliderz (shud be returning soon)

nEo-1664
16-10-06, 19:43

I wanna fuck a dog in the ass....

I believe Brammers... you got pwnd that night! :angel:

james_finn
16-10-06, 19:53
I believe Brammers... you got pwnd that night! :angel:

nothing like derailing a topic.... 8-)

On topic I used to love logging into Pluto and knowing everyone that played, always being able to find a fight in PP1 and having lots of friends in P.I.M.P

/Delphi

Apocalypsox
17-10-06, 00:01

Whooraa :D

Forget My Name
17-10-06, 01:02
nothing like derailing a topic.... 8-)

On topic I used to love logging into Pluto and knowing everyone that played, always being able to find a fight in PP1 and having lots of friends in P.I.M.P

/Delphi

yeah, P.I.M.P. was fun!

Don't worry Delphi, when 2.2 comes around, and the server pop drops to .3%, we can remenisnce about the times we had in Phoenix ... hahahha

Faid
17-10-06, 01:33
Oh ye I miss the Yukarma in P1 as well

Riddle
17-10-06, 13:24
+1

And all my RL and ingame friends who have since left :(

P2 and trading, Splitting a small pop across to cities = bad idea.

killing rats :p

Drakoh
17-10-06, 23:38
High server pop with most of the factions crammed together made walking around the city deadly.

I used to dread running through pepper park to my apartment. I knew it meant death most of the time.

holy hell you playing again :o ?

was in mercs with ya for a bit ;)

=REMUS=
18-10-06, 03:19
I miss allot of friends from nc1 that I have fallen out of touch with, huge pitched op battles on multiple fronts and being able to get a duel/pvp anytime you wanted. People not knowing exactly how to make the most 1337 set up ever...

*sigh*

ROZZER187
18-10-06, 09:48
gotta say i miss the pepper park fights, whenever you wanted some pvp you knew all you had to do was go to pepper park :lol:

Apocalypsox
18-10-06, 16:32
PP fights where fun with a Dev :)

rob444
18-10-06, 16:42
The population, factions relations, ahh those were the days...

RogerRamjet
18-10-06, 17:18
gotta say i miss the pepper park fights, whenever you wanted some pvp you knew all you had to do was go to pepper park :lol:

Same at CRP. Always had fun fighting with NCAT and desperados and the like at CRP.

back when people wouldnt bring PPUs against 1 PE, but would actually bring a tank/spy/PE to fight you.

boone
18-10-06, 23:45
/cry

i want nc1 back :(.. just logged into nc2 for old times sake, just a bunch of frenchies in p1 and all the good ol' guys gone.

need to build a time machine and travel back 4 years.

DarkPhoenix
19-10-06, 04:43
Rizzy, Prom and the rest of the Saturn gang. :(

QD, BD and the rest of the Uranus gang. :(

I just think the general feel of NC1 was more appealing to me over all, cant really explain it.

Apocalypsox
19-10-06, 06:34
uranus in NC1 was great...you could run into plaza 1 and scream CONSTRUCTER!!! and have someone at crytons yell UP HERE DUMBASS and get const, ress, recycling and anything else you needed done in Crytons. You didnt have to leave the city to find things to fight, or to find players to fight. great fun as you could get everything you needed within about 4 zones.

giga191
19-10-06, 08:23
nc1 has been glorified in your minds, it wasn't as good as people like to remember.

Sovellis
19-10-06, 14:09
nc1 has been glorified in your minds, it wasn't as good as people like to remember.

That didnt stop it being addictive

Xian
19-10-06, 15:06
Miss the old CM 101st/fl/phoenix days of chasing new dawn across half the world map because they stole our ops during the night, and then being chased by them for the same reason. Or waking up to find the whole map owned by ND, again. Late night raids by Vetterox/Starkes/the entire BD faction against the MB, or almost crying when you came steaming out of MB entrance only to see a hybrid with a first rank of 115-odd. Good times :D

kane
19-10-06, 15:46
Miss the old CM 101st/fl/phoenix days of chasing new dawn across half the world map because they stole our ops during the night, and then being chased by them for the same reason. Or waking up to find the whole map owned by ND, again. Late night raids by Vetterox/Starkes/the entire BD faction against the MB, or almost crying when you came steaming out of MB entrance only to see a hybrid with a first rank of 115-odd. Good times :D
<3 <3 <3 <3

I just miss the big fights in pp1 and in the sewers in plaza 1 and 2

Selendor
19-10-06, 15:46
The atmosphere made Neocron 1 great, this was down to the population being (relatively) large and full of characters, and also there was just one city, which fitted the size of the game. Both of these things have never been present in Neocron 2.

Also the development resource/intent of KK was much larger post-release of NC1 so a lot of things were changing, keeping people interested. Neocron development has slowed to a crawl these days.

Oh, and the final great thing about Neocron 1 was that people didn't know the underlying mechanics / bugs of the game, so there was so much to experiment with and learn. Nowadays cookie-cutter setups and bored players are the order of the day.

kane
19-10-06, 15:48
The atmosphere made Neocron 1 great, this was down to the population being (relatively) large and full of characters, and also there was just one city, which fitted the size of the game. Both of these things have never been present in Neocron 2.

Also the development resource/intent of KK was much larger post-release of NC1 so a lot of things were changing, keeping people interested. Neocron development has slowed to a crawl these days.

Oh, and the final great thing about Neocron 1 was that people didn't know the underlying mechanics / bugs of the game, so there was so much to experiment with and learn. Nowadays cookie-cutter setups and bored players are the order of the day.
uhh ur using the wrong wording crawl would mean its still moving :P

Praetorian
21-10-06, 14:11
Best thing about NC1 was... Pluto

(did i mention pluto > all)

phunqe
21-10-06, 14:46
Best thing about NC1 was... Pluto

(did i mention pluto > all)

I can't do anything else than agreeing.

Pluto for ever.

Superbron
21-10-06, 14:54
my favorite was the lack of red vs. blue... it was a every changing alliance scheme between clans because of the complex system... it was awesome.
yep, agreed!

numb
21-10-06, 17:17
Favorite thing about NC1 was players in same town.
It made player trading more intense and pepper park wars fun.
And the world felt much bigger with lots of players around ;)

This factor imo made TG a fun faction to be in (until on Saturn every man and his dog moved their character there), a small community meaning you got to know most people hanging around in the canyon, had loads of duels and occasionally had to hunt down the odd city runner that managed to get into the canyon.

edit: I also remember praying I wouldn't fatal at a zoneline on the new hovertech I'd been saving up for with Starkes on my tail :)

Flub900
22-10-06, 00:07
hmm lets see....P.I.M.P on Pluto and the old Pluto days before most people went to Saturn. Raiding MB every night with Vet and Xero. Then its gotta be Saturn and kicking everyones ass and owning EVERY single OP on the map because -=The Black Cartel=- was better than everyone. PP1 fights and pussies zoning every 2.3 seconds. No one mentioned this one...the occasional "I'm leaving so I'm gonna throw a bunch of shit off the top of Medicare in P1" deal (I got a lot of good shit from those haha). Thats about it for now, if any vets are still playing maybe I'll get my account back up and running.

Frok/Dye/Frok PPU/Raimier > all ....haha

Dribble Joy
22-10-06, 00:22
My first judge....

>_>

<_<

^_^;;

StevenJ
22-10-06, 00:34
My first Warbot hunt, with Knights In Red, in F-08, with a fusion rifle... and being amazed we'd been there for two day / night cycles... I can still remember the music that was playing whilst we were out there, it was so atmospheric...

I guess that's when I got addicted to hunting mobs on weak-ass rifle spies :D

Glok
22-10-06, 00:34
My first Pain Easer back when it kicked ass.

Real memories.. from Beta 4 NC1:

My first slotted weapon, a colt budget with 2 slots. NONE of the weapon mods worked back then except the melee mods, which worked on everything, so it became a double sharpened colt budget. :D I then proceeded to kill a few other runners with it. LMAO

A day when JoaT (Nathan Profitt.) was in PP1 killing everything that moved. I repeatedly went back to fight him and I died every time and eventually lost all my weapons (about 10 pistol weapons)... then I directed him and asked 'having fun?' He says back 'I'm trying to wake KK up.' Yeah sure, he was just being a dick, but that was a fun day. I don't think he needed to prove anything besides that a wargas flamer owned all when no-one knew about resists.

solling
24-10-06, 17:23
i miss pluto (1 slot server)

and more people bigger pop. including all those qho quit over the years.

mdares
25-10-06, 05:49
i fucking loved that trailer... i still have it on my HD from 2000.

i miss my old monkeh =(

fav moment were the REAL op fights... none of this ninja crap...

Apocalypsox
25-10-06, 06:55
i remember the day i used my first rare weapon...Pain easer...fun to shoot warbots with...did 63 damage a hit :D better than 20 or something i was getting with my last gun

Hell-demon
25-10-06, 12:46
To remember the good ol' days of NC1 play the offline demo, which you can still get today with a little searchin' on the net.

Download it. Seriously it will make ya all tingly and nostalgy :p

Mr McMock
25-10-06, 12:55
i fucking loved that trailer... i still have it on my HD from 2000.

i miss my old monkeh =(

fav moment were the REAL op fights... none of this ninja crap...

There was more moaning about ninja hacking in nc1 eh oh el. But yeah there was real op fights not the skirmishes we have these days.

bibliotequa
25-10-06, 13:56
Man there were so many things great about NC1. There I was, reading this thread's 4 pages when one about beta just compelled me to post.

Beta 4, keep in mind I'd never played an MMO before. First of all there was my fiasco with playing a Psi-Monk. They sounded the most badass, so the first char I made was a monk. I couldn't get my frickin' spells to work (didn't know I had to put the glove in the implants) so for like 4 days until Snake explained it to me, I used a GenTank or something :P Then finally I'm using the monk, but although I noticed I was leveling from killing rats and stuff, I also noticed I wasn't really getting stronger, and I could never quite get to use the next level spell. I wondered what was up, and almost discovered it when I first put on an implant (I noticed it gave stuff like say +3 to dex, but I thought those were 3 points to distribute into dex however you chose) I quickly distributed however many points I had in that stat (points from the levels I'd aquired but not used up) but didn't quite understand how even when the implant fell off, the points were still there, or why other implants wouldn't give me points. It wasn't until the very last few days of beta that I discovered that each level gave you 5 stat points to distribute wherever you choose :P

/edit: Oh yeah, and before all the Carebear patches hit, when you would still drop your quickbelt, and anyone could take it. That was when RPKers were still in NC like a plague. It was so fun to go around the map with the help channel or whatever was used to communicate across the map open, listening to any noob that might shout "omfg some dumbass level 100 just came and owned us all at the MB," then genrep quickly and go hunt the people down.

Glok
25-10-06, 14:12
To remember the good ol' days of NC1 play the offline demo, which you can still get today with a little searchin' on the net.I must have played that thing 20 times. The implant you get about halfway through is different each time sometimes there isn't one at all. I kept trying to see how many different ones there were, not realizing that the demo only had a few and that the actual game had hundreds. *goes to download again*

rookee
25-10-06, 14:27
If someone has a permanent link for downloading the demo, please post it. It might help me luring friends into playing NC that can otherwise not be bothered to give their bank account details for the trial.

Hell-demon
25-10-06, 14:30
Fileplanet has it i think :rolleyes:

Falk Keegan
25-10-06, 14:55
Beeing killed the first time (defloration by Vokuhila)
My First Kill (that bastard stole the last rat I needed for a mission! Owned him with my Colt Budget 1Slot Laserpointer and looted his Uziel, no SL direct drop rocked ;) )
Using a Pain Easer for the first time.

CMaster
25-10-06, 16:00
If someone has a permanent link for downloading the demo, please post it. It might help me luring friends into playing NC that can otherwise not be bothered to give their bank account details for the trial.

It seems that once again, the THN has it.
http://www.techhaven.org/downloads/task,doc_details/gid,89/

phunqe
26-10-06, 11:34
Found some old screenies :)

http://www.pbase.com/image/42087306/original.jpg
http://www.pbase.com/image/42087369/original.jpg

First gaya mine trip
http://www.pbase.com/image/42087418/original.jpg

Annoying soulclusters
http://www.pbase.com/image/42087429/original.jpg

Callash appearing when the PAs were first released, as a spider yelling "I r teh ubar spidor" and scared the crap out of everyone
http://www.pbase.com/image/42087432/original.jpg

Clan party
http://www.pbase.com/image/42087518/original.jpg

Clan party
http://www.pbase.com/image/42087526/original.jpg

Hybrid ftw
http://www.pbase.com/image/42087528/original.jpg

Made 2 screenshots of my monk's modules before going to NC2, just in case :P
http://www.pbase.com/image/42087594/original.jpg
http://www.pbase.com/image/42087595/original.jpg

TheJesterLives
26-10-06, 20:28
I miss NCAT

I miss all my friends..

I miss all the DMs I got from the countless noobs I killed because everyone else whooped my ass =)

I miss being banned and then unbanned.

I love you Neocron 1 =)

Apocalypsox
26-10-06, 21:08
i miss shooting NCAT at jeriko with a sniper rifle when i was /20 and then all screaming WTF WHERE THE HELL DID THAT COME FROM after there damn turret made me lose my speedbike. :lol:

and a major WTF goes out to phunqe, for having a PPU with a dissy in one of his screenshots. o_O :lol: :lol:

RogerRamjet
26-10-06, 22:26
Phunges screen shots made me cry.

You're a bad man.

jini
27-10-06, 07:40
me, that construction artifact tool, brought old time debates like how much if at all tool quality affected number of slots :p how did phunqe used that HL/dissie?

Pantho
27-10-06, 09:13
I miss NCAT

I miss all my friends..

I miss all the DMs I got from the countless noobs I killed because everyone else whooped my ass =)

I miss being banned and then unbanned.

I love you Neocron 1 =)

Ive been known to punish noobs, But Teh Jester Took the piss on me, Dam uranus fucker!!!!

Outzone Subway Station!

My Freind bought me a Hovertech.... /25 About to go Racing off to MB!...

Panthorax: Hello T3h J3st3r (somet like that)
T3h J3st3r: Hello Panthorax

*Panthorax spawns Hovertech*

T3h J3st3r Tests the JUST Released Anti-Vehicle Lanuchers... 2 hits, im like WTF Boom...

T3h J3st3r: lol
Panthorax: Fucking asshole!!!!.....
(Starts spamming help to get some1 to kill his ass)

---

*Panthorax gets another free Hovertech (go freinds)*

Fucker was waiting top of the cliff and took it to 20% Health before i jumped on, and a Warbot blew it on the way to MB.

-=-

God dam i hate your fat ass in NC1.... :)

Altho, T3h Snip3r was pretty funny.... Especially when you hit me with ur SH....

btw, What did you do with that Spirit modded SH, that you spent about 300 rares, 40m and a shit load of built weapons to buy.

I remember you built 6 SH's and got all 2/3 Slotters, and couldnt find a gun to put the Spirit in, then i quit...