PDA

View Full Version : Pistol Pe

NAPPER
14-10-06, 03:09
i have started playing my pistol pe today and i am finding it very hard to aim good. I frist started using the tl92 laser pistol then the ermmmm Judge (sorry couldnt remember the name lol) but i am still finding it hard whats the best pistol to aim with for a pe.

RogerRamjet
14-10-06, 03:15
Pulse lasers/plasma pistols are very different. I'd try to get the hand with the judge first, then the pulse.

jini
14-10-06, 06:06
Judge is easier to aim, in that its reticle closes fast. But also, try asingle shot, like a wyatt as well. WE makes wonderful setups. If i was going to make a new pistol PE, I would made a WE PE with huge resists and psi

Faid
14-10-06, 17:57
lol I always found this question frustrating because I know lots of people who have no problem at all aiming with a Judge but cant hit fuckall with a Slasher, Where as Im the complete opposite :D

I think it really comes down to your personal style of pvp and movement and whatnot - that and practice makes perfect :p

jini
14-10-06, 20:31
there is a very fundamental difference in single vs 3-4 burst guns.
Particularly for the slasher, all you have to do is monitor your target, while with the Earp, you need to time your shots, therefore sync your movememnt.

in short, single shots are more forgiving and more accurate as well

NAPPER
15-10-06, 01:23
Ive been thinking and pistols arnt my thing so i am going to lom to a nice rifle setup that ROZZER187 give me to play with and i get fucking set as fuck con : )

silent000
15-10-06, 01:29
Lowtech or Hightech and yes use a judge / wyatt earp got me decent aiming then i moved onto pulselaser thingys :D

NAPPER
15-10-06, 01:32
lowtech FTW

eprodigy
15-10-06, 04:26
what you going to do when monks have to aim soon? ;)

unreal
15-10-06, 04:37
It's not going to be much of a difference though is it. They're still going to aim faster than everyone else, and they probably won't have to aim in a particular style like when using conventional weapons. So basically still the same old point and click APU's we've seen dominating the PvP scene for so long.

NAPPER
15-10-06, 04:44
I will have to get use to it i guess or just play my tradeskillers but theys always going to be someone better and worse then me in this game i just need to find them lol its weird i can aim quicker and better with my hc tank then my pistol guy but i only think thats because hes slow at moving rather then the spy or pe that are quick at moving.

Apocalypsox
15-10-06, 04:55
Its gonna be fun to make monks have to aim, as you can blitz around there asses with a tl31 nailgun, laughing your ass off cause theyve played monks so long they forgot how to aim, and so there getting pwned by a tl31 poison nailgun and miss every shot they fire.

elem3nt[]
15-10-06, 05:42
until you find one that has a tank/pe alt ;p

jini
15-10-06, 07:04
It's not going to be much of a difference though is it. They're still going to aim faster than everyone else, and they probably won't have to aim in a particular style like when using conventional weapons. So basically still the same old point and click APU's we've seen dominating the PvP scene for so long.
Not only that.
As a fast pe, I was able to stand against an apu and torture him for minutes, moving left-right all the time. Now they will supposedly get a reticle, but this reticle will still close faster than everyone else's. Before the apu had an advantage when he had to aim in crowded places, or places like corridors, walls and the like. however, in open areas, this turns out being a disadvantage: target box very small, you gotta keep track of your enemy all the time and so on. I had always had a good time fighting monks myself. Im not sure that what they gonna get is classified as a nerf...

Reticle helps in a lot of situations. But we must have a solid aiming procedure for all classes in the end.

NAPPER
16-10-06, 01:37
sorry i didnt want to start a new thread

i can understand apus having the thing but how is it going to work for a ppu i mean do you need to stand very close to them to get s/d on them or what ??

Bredahl
16-10-06, 02:37
sorry i didnt want to start a new thread

i can understand apus having the thing but how is it going to work for a ppu i mean do you need to stand very close to them to get s/d on them or what ??

think ppus gonna aim pretty much the same as they do now.

NAPPER
16-10-06, 03:46
i hope your right dude or its going to be very hard to keep runners alive in op fights

Dribble Joy
16-10-06, 11:56
Judge also has the benefit of no sta drain with it's use. A decent duel should be over well before you have to pop a stam.

Judge also is in effect a single shot weapon, as are virtually all the other guns. Just the burst size is different, and the aiming of that is more or less irrelevant (though the different weapon types do aim differently).

Judge cap rpm is 185, with a two shot burst, bringing it down to a ~92 burst rate. Same with the libby and the other guns.

Easiest weapons to aim are the beam ones (laser (not pulse) and the ray weapons), though of course they are borked at current.

RogerRamjet
16-10-06, 14:59
Man, you dont even have to aim the RoG, damn things like auto-aiming with that weapon.

SorkZmok
16-10-06, 15:03
Man, you dont even have to aim the RoG, damn things like auto-aiming with that weapon.
The day that gun is working again, i'm instantly rolling a RoG PE. :)

nabbl
16-10-06, 15:04
<-- rolh pe !!!11einself

SorkZmok
16-10-06, 15:08
<-- rolh pe !!!11einself
I tried a fusion pistol/blacksun pe some time ago. Fusion pistol was pretty much like the earp but the blacksun was complete shit. No chance to ever kill a fast moving target with it.
So i went back to lowtech pistols for the way better con setup. RolH is a sweet gun though. Back on uranus when it was still working Rabbi Fang used to waste everyone with it. Oh the good old days. :lol:

/edit
Haha, neat screenshot i found...
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l206/sorkzmok/shot0478.jpg