PDA

View Full Version : "You ask, the CEO answers!" event

SnowCrash
13-10-06, 16:01
Here you have the answers from Holger Nathrath, CEO of Reakktor Media, on a selection of your questions.

Have fun reading!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am glad to see that this event has received so much response. I am sure that you understand that I cannot give you any insights into the financial and personnel aspects of the company. In the following I will try to answer as many questions as possible.

Questions regarding the product “Neocron”
What will happen after Evolution 2.2? What are the next projects that will be realized concerning Neocron?

We have several plans how the further development of Neocron will look like. The next step after Evol 2.2 will probably be another graphical update. This will not only include the replacement of existing graphics but also the implementation of new game content. These steps will not be addressed before the release of Evolution 2.2 as we are completely concentrating our attention on the current project.

We greatly hope to receive a lot of feedback when the public test server will go online.
Have there ever been plans to develop a new Neocron 3?We would lie if we would say that this topic has not been considered in the past. The whole team still cares about Neocron very much. After four years of operating Neocron, we know its strengths and weaknesses quite well. Conforming to the current specifications, the competitive situation on the MMOG market in general and the upcoming releases of titles similar to Neocron, such a project would be difficult to realize.
How far are the negotiations concerning the new payment options?

The plan is to accomplish a sensible solution which displays a foundation for future projects of Reakktor and 10Tacle Studios. We are working on a respective agreement with 10Tacle financiers and the RBS (Royal Bank of Scotland) and will implement this as soon as possible. We are still hoping to offer this new payment options for the release of Evol 2.2. but only if the technical implementation is waterproof. We have learned in the past what consequences an imperfect system can produce. If problems should still persist, we will implement these options afterwards as quick as possible.
What reason would you name to reactivate a cancelled game account?

This certainly depends on the original cancellation reason. For players who know the game quite well, the balancing project will offer new challenges. Not only working out new setups, but also new challenges combat wise will enrich the gameplay. Besides this, Neocron is generally a game which is unique due to several factors. In my opinion these are the reasons why Neocron has asserted itself on the market for such a long time.
As the CEO, how far are you still involved in the planning and design for Neocron?

Of course I have to allocate my time on several different tasks. Thereby my focus lies on our projects. The communication with 10Tacle, the general organization of the company, personnel topics and other everyday occurrences are taking much time. This means that I would not do the product and our team a favour if I would interfere too much into detailed planning with my superficial knowledge about Neocron. We have a very good team of people that are currently giving their best to realize an actual improvement of the game. Of course we have aligned the frame parameters, time planning and deployment, etc. On one hand I regret the greater distance but on the other hand this is also a part of my new “role”.
Is there any association between 10Tacles acquisition of Elsewhere Entertainment and Neocron? Will the NeoReality Engine eventually be used for Neocron?

At the current point of time it would be an illusion to assume that Neocron could just be ported onto a new engine. Realizing such a step would lead to a completely new Neocron. Such plans are on the table and it has also been discussed which possibilities are at hand regarding an adjustment of the game concept. Admittedly there are some other plans and personally I do not believe in a short dated realizations of such a project.
Do you see Neocron as a successful product?

Basically this appraisal is in a large part a matter of the point of view. For Reakktor, Neocron has been a kind of breakthrough which has assured us a unique selling point inside Germany. Financially wise it has paid off and the development costs have been recovered. On the other hand I am aware of the issues that come along with Neocron and that some things could have been accomplished better. From the current point of view I would say: “Well done! Next time we make it even better!”
Questions regarding the product “Black Prophecy”
Which role does Reakktor plays in the new title “Black Prophecy”

As developer of this project, Black Prophecy is Reakktor’s next big task. Therefore the granted significance for this project is accordingly high.
Would it be accurate to say this will be a 'spiritual successor' (e.g. system shock/bio shock or xcom/ufo:aftermath) to Neocron?

Without calling Black Prophecy implicitly Neocron 3, we are remaining true to ourselves. Which means that we will not break new grounds stylistic and atmospheric wise. However, Black Prophecy will be another game genre. Which genre you might ask, but at the current time I am not allowed to answer this question.
Will Black Prophecy exclusively offered for the Asian market or are there any plans for a North American or European release?

Though this decision has not been finally made, it is aimed towards the European/north American market. According to current analysis the product would not fit the requirements of the Asian market.
When can we expect information about this new game?

Traditionally it is always awkward to speak openly about such dates. Fact is that we are in a very early stage of the project and several things have to be clarified before we can bring any details to light. I think that we can lift the curtain in approximately half a year.
Questions about the company “Reakktor Media”
What task do you have to take care of as the CEO at Reakktor? How do these tasks differ to those ones from CEOs of other company branches?

My main tasks are to organize the company Reakktor, to back up the team and to attend and control the current productions. In detail these are several small and large tasks from different topic areas that constitute the entire task. Of course this also includes the economic leadership and strategic development of the company. A main difference to other companies is the bonding to 10Tacle, so we do not directly have to rely on acquisition, and many functional and business related cross-links have been created.
The concern 10Tacle offers a service model to third parties in the area development, production and marketing of computer games. This includes task fields like project controlling, project management, marketing, etc. Do you utilize this know-how for Neocron too?

This know-how has already been deployed for Neocron 2. Basically the emphasis of the work lies on 10Tacle’s development of new projects. We can react much easier and more flexible on developments of and in Neocron and of course have a more in-depth knowledge of the subject matter.
To what extent can Reakktor access the know-how and resources of the other development studios?

It is very much in the interest of 10Tacle and ours to use the synergies between the studios. This happens in both directions. As an online competence centre inside the 10Tacle group, Reakktor constitutes an important consultant for so called “online related” questions.
General questions
In which genre would Reakktor Media like to move on during or after Neocron. Will this still be MMORPGs in affiliation with end time scenarios or will these boring elves enter the office rooms sooner or later.

We at Reakktor have a passionate development team which of course has its own affections and desires. On the other hand nobody is so naïve to anticipate that you can simply develop what is the most fun. We of course orient us on the demands of the market and 10Tacle. Fact is that we concentrate mostly on developing online titles in our position as 10Tacles online competence centre.
What happened to Martin Joerg Schwiezer? Is he still working for 10Tacle and if yes, in which position?

Martin still works for 10Tacle Studios Inc. and supervises larger productions in his position as Executive Producer
Personal questions
Holger, how are you. Do you still have fun with your work at Reakktor?

My entrance to Reakktor is definitely one of the best decisions in my life and I truly never got bored in the seven years I am working here now. New different challenges always await you on which you can grow and develop yourself.
Do you like to work in the games industry or are you just the born manager?

The game industry is a very innovative field which has become much more professional in the past years. Despite my study as orchestral cellist, these have been ideal conditions to work myself into these topics, as I was able to accompany this whole process. The special attraction can be summed up by gaming, freshness, innovation, the addressed personalization and despite all that, the still non-existing necessity to wear a tie and a suit.
How long are you already working for Reakktor?

I am full time employed at Reakktor since 1999. Before that I was working as a freelancer in the level design area for Reakktor. The first contact might consequently be traced back to 1993. MJS has discovered me on the basis of my Doom levels that I have published in the internet. Some of you maybe remember the three episodes for Doom 1 with the names Serenity, Eternity and Infinity. These concoctions gave me the possibility to enter the game industry. They have been discussed in books and published in compilations whereby MJS has discovered them.
How many Rolex watches do you possess?

I possess a splendid Festina watch for 125€ from a local German warehouse and another one I have inherited from my grandfather. I also do not drive a Porsche or a cabriolet. These are all things I neither can afford nor am in need of.

Glok
13-10-06, 16:09
How many Rolex watches do you possess?lol

I get the impression NC is reaching the end of it's development life cycle from reading that.. can we be assured that it will remain available even after work on it stops?

CMaster
13-10-06, 16:20
Thanks for the replies. Some of the more pressing questions about Neocron's future aren't answered, but also so aren't some of the more glib ones. Also, did the germans get the same set of answers as I recognise a lot of these questions as being english community ones (of course, there could just be a lot of overlap).

Nidhogg
13-10-06, 16:21
Don't worry, there are no plans to retire Neocron! On the contrary, as Holger has stated we already have a vision for what will come after the re-balancing project. With the re-balancing project, plans to target and improve some of the graphics, and a re-launched storyline designed to keep everyone busy for a whole year there's still plenty to come. :)

N

CMaster
13-10-06, 16:23
I could be wrong, but I'd imagine that even if the decisiuon is made to stop developing NC, it makes sense to still operate the servers for a while, until running costs exceed what you take in. Then again, NC1 still goes and I'm damn sure that must cost more than it makes (with a whole 5 or so subscribers...)

Riddle
13-10-06, 16:36
Good to read the answers but I agree, NC is a product in its mature phase, in a growing market. It will need something innovative to relaunch it or it will fall by the wayside.

Who doesn't love this game? even with it's flaws, but rebalancing and a few graphix enhancements will not make this product compete in an ever aggressive market.

Come on KK smack us in the face with some amazing shit!

Faid
13-10-06, 16:38
Doesnt look like we're gonna get a new Payment method any time soon :(

"hoping to have one for evo 2.2, and if not then ASAP" Doesnt sound to promising.

Glok
13-10-06, 16:40
I just wanna still be playing NC 10 years from now... if it goes like NC1 with one server I don't care, though I bet there will still be good pops on it. My little bro still plays Starcraft.. I bug him about it but I'll be the same I think. :lol:

Nidhogg
13-10-06, 16:50
Doesnt look like we're gonna get a new Payment method any time soon :(

"hoping to have one for evo 2.2, and if not then ASAP" Doesnt sound to promising.
Actually the payment news is pretty good if you read between the lines. There's firm information there and the only thing that might slow things down is if we have problems with the automatic link between the game and the payment provider. It's good news on the payment front. ;)

N

Glok
13-10-06, 16:56
Yeah having an actual bank handling payment is a great solution. The sooner the better really. :)

nobby
13-10-06, 17:45
He didn't answer my Question on Sex ! :(

Philchow
13-10-06, 19:20
French summary available here (http://neocron.jeuxonline.info/index.php?idNouvelle=12422) or here (http://www.jeuxonline.info/actualites/12422.html).

Zheo
13-10-06, 19:31
Don't worry, there are no plans to retire Neocron! On the contrary, as Holger has stated we already have a vision for what will come after the re-balancing project. With the re-balancing project, plans to target and improve some of the graphics, and a re-launched storyline designed to keep everyone busy for a whole year there's still plenty to come. :)

N

Will the community have a say in the future to? We have lots of useless ideas and some good ones too!

Morpheous
13-10-06, 19:46
All very, very interesting stuff.

I do think payment methods need to be persued as a matter of urgency. How hard would it really be to integrate PayPal into the current purchasing API? Not hard, that's the answer. So now it needs to get done... but it won't. Aggravating. I've spent the last 4 days trying to give ReaKKtor my money, without any luck.

If KK fixed the payment problems, NC would easily have a much bigger community.

Jodo
14-10-06, 00:36
Interesting indeed. Some good vibes coming from KK. Excellent news about The Royal Bank of Scotland. I imagine that partnership will improve things dramatically.
I eagerly await the test server opening up.

Thanks for all the info too. Much appreciated.

Richard Slade
14-10-06, 03:18
A new engine without synchro issues (Of the current size) and the removal of zonings would make me happy in my pants!

Strife
14-10-06, 03:41
Yes, but will KK hire on new staff? I mean, it seems like nothing really gets done as it is. Seems so currently, and watching the development of this game for years, i'd say it's a pretty valid comment.

And will the(from my perspective and the countless people i've asked)main problem, population of the game be fixed? Neocron is in a small niche market, the need for 4 or 5(i forget) servers is a bit ridiculous.

Apocalypsox
14-10-06, 04:40
[B]Questions regarding the product “Black Prophecy”

Which role does Reakktor plays in the new title “Black Prophecy”

[I]As developer of this project, Black Prophecy is Reakktor’s next big task. Therefore the granted significance for this project is accordingly high.

Would it be accurate to say this will be a 'spiritual successor' (e.g. system shock/bio shock or xcom/ufo:aftermath) to Neocron?

[I]Without calling Black Prophecy implicitly Neocron 3, we are remaining true to ourselves. Which means that we will not break new grounds stylistic and atmospheric wise. However, Black Prophecy will be another game genre. Which genre you might ask, but at the current time I am not allowed to answer this question.

That was the only thing that horribly scared me...even comparing the two after No More Elves...

Chosen One
14-10-06, 11:46
Im glad to hear "some" information about KK's "new" MMO, but why focus on a new game, when Neocron needs so much work! *sigh*... :confused:

*crosses fingers for 2.2*

Clobber
14-10-06, 12:23
[ edited - just because you're not interested in certain answers doesn't mean other people aren't, or the questions wouldn't have been asked in the first place ]

Tratos
14-10-06, 12:43
It's nice to see some answers :) Also glad to see there will be an "Evolution 2.3" of some sort once the balancing takes place!

Perhaps have a second part to this and have some more answers from another selection of questions in a few weeks or next month? IIRC There was alot of questions to pick from :)

nellus
14-10-06, 13:44
Good to see some promise in more than one area, and that you haven't binned the idea of using a new engine for the game afterall there is still new tokyo to go and discover properley :D

NiMBle
14-10-06, 14:12
[ edited ]

Bishop Yutani
14-10-06, 18:02
Thanks! Great event.

Are we to expect more answers or is this about all?

Clobber
14-10-06, 19:47
[ edited ]

Richard Blade
15-10-06, 19:29
All very, very interesting stuff.

I do think payment methods need to be persued as a matter of urgency. How hard would it really be to integrate PayPal into the current purchasing API? Not hard, that's the answer. So now it needs to get done... but it won't. Aggravating. I've spent the last 4 days trying to give ReaKKtor my money, without any luck.

If KK fixed the payment problems, NC would easily have a much bigger community.

I imagine it has something to do with contractual obligations. Paypal might be a competitor to one of C2P/10Tacle's payment options. Or C2P has exclusive rights through various types of payment methods that preclude Paypal. Something like competing bank franchises.

Honestly, I was surprised to see PaybyCash and C2P at the same time.

I am very interested in the new payment methods. I've been without my Neocrack for about 8 months now.

And yes, I would be back.

Dribble Joy
16-10-06, 12:05
This whole black prophesy thing also has me scared somewhat....

*scratches proto-beard...*

Mr McMock
16-10-06, 12:47
No answer to the questions about the the disgraceful netcode and useless non-locational weapons. I dont see how you can balance the game when weapons like Ravager and Healing light dont work.

Guess we will have to wait and see whats what on the test server you said would be happening. Was that not supposed to be mid October ?

Dribble Joy
16-10-06, 12:54
As said here (http://forum.neocron.com/showpost.php?p=2027463&postcount=67), illness has delayed things. Besides, mid october could mean anything from the 10th to the 20th (imo).

Civil_Unit
16-10-06, 17:37
well, its sure nice to hear news from my all time favorite game.

I've enjoyed beta and a long running afterwords, I even cam back for neocron 2 which was all things considered a decent step in the dirrection the game should be heading.

All i can say is this, You guys have a good thing here. the concepts are good, they work and they are solid. if you can wield these concepts, mold them and dirrect them into a better working platform you might have the next anarchy online here.

Listen to your remaining player base well, they eat sleep and breath this stuff. If you ask them they will tell you things you probably don't even know about this game after 4 years of development.

I also have to say i'll be looking forward to the payment methods, I have actualy been very curios to pop in again after all this time and see how things are coming. Though thats basicly impossible as i am in the united states, Love the game in all but with fee's, conversions and all that other crud...well, its just really messy going through those click to pay goons.

I'll keep my eyes open on MMORPG.com

though IMHO, if you can change Neocrons engine...do it. It's a nice engine for what it does, has a nice Shock 2 feel to it, but that things been doing nothing but hold you back and frustrate players from the get go.

NAPPER
17-10-06, 01:18
No answer to the questions about the the disgraceful netcode and useless non-locational weapons. I dont see how you can balance the game when weapons like Ravager and Healing light dont work.

sorry but whats wrong with the Ravager or the healing light if you are talking about if your sniping with them you cant see the beam of light coming off the shot then there i was thinking it was suppost to be like that.

NAPPER

SnowCrash
17-10-06, 09:42

Guess we will have to wait and see whats what on the test server you said would be happening. Was that not supposed to be mid October ?

As I have explained in the initiating thread, Holger won't be able to answer indepth game specific questions, as he is the CEO of the company. I think you agree too that the CEO of Volkswagen e.g. also won't be able to answer you questions about detailled motor specifications, right? ;)

Please check out the Balancing Discussion Forum (http://forum.neocron.com/forumdisplay.php?f=170) for more information regarding your questions. In there you can also find the upto date information about the testserver progress. Just look for posts by Dirk "John Doe" Wilhelmy who is the responsible programmer for this project.

Jodo
17-10-06, 11:44
Just look for posts by Dirk "John Doe" Wilhelmy who is the responsible programmer for this project.

Could Niddy post such things in his announcements thread please?

Brammers
17-10-06, 12:42
Could Niddy post such things in his announcements thread please?

If Niddy can't usually one of us at the Techhaven network (http://www.techhaven.org) will usually spot it and add it to the front page news. (In fact we add anything newsworthy related to Neocron, including player events!)

giga191
17-10-06, 21:29
Muahhahah i'm finally back, i hate nidhogg but i'll try to keep it contained :D

Back on topic....
You say that the next big update will be graphical. Aren't you going to re-do the OP war system? or is that being dealt with with evo 2.2

CMaster
17-10-06, 22:24
You say that the next big update will be graphical. Aren't you going to re-do the OP war system? or is that being dealt with with evo 2.2

In the previous ask questions and get answers thread (I can't find it, and the restrictions of this forum's search feature doesn't exactly help), it was stated that there were no plans to change the op-war system in either the near or distant future. However, it wouldn't be the first time for KK to do something they have previously stated will not happen, so we can but hope this major issue will be addressed.

aKe`cj
18-10-06, 01:20
In the previous ask questions and get answers thread (I can't find it, and the restrictions of this forum's search feature doesn't exactly help), it was stated that there were no plans to change the op-war system in either the near or distant future.

Opposed to that statement it _was_ on the original evol 2.2 planfile (gfx, playermodels, op-sys).

Glok
18-10-06, 01:40
When I read a workable way to revamp OP wars I will support it.. no such proposition or system has been proposed. And don't go digging shit up from the last 4 years all of them had serious flaws.

As is, the OP war system isn't perfect but it works. I bet if Monks suddenly weren't the defacto OP war char the complaints would drop sharply... ;)

NAPPER
18-10-06, 03:17
When I read a workable way to revamp OP wars I will support it.. no such proposition or system has been proposed. And don't go digging shit up from the last 4 years all of them had serious flaws.

As is, the OP war system isn't perfect but it works. I bet if Monks suddenly weren't the defacto OP war char the complaints would drop sharply... ;)

you cant have a op fight with out monks may be no apus but if you go without ppus then your as good as died

unless you say to the owners of the op what you are taking i dont want any ppus at this fight but you know for a fact that they would be one buffing the people in the ug then if they stick to there word it would just be xbows spys
anyway

Mr McMock
18-10-06, 03:20

Just get rid of the HN layer and a lot of people will be happy.

Glok
18-10-06, 03:27
Just get rid of the HN layer and a lot of people will be happy.You know how many things we have now that were added because people whined? Do a search for the active issues atm over the last 4 years on this forum... you will be VERY surprised. Almost everything we whine about now was different in 'the old days' and even more baffling, almost everything people suggest to 'fix' what's wrong now actually WAS that way in the old days. :lol:

edit: Point in fact: OP Wars

You wouldn't believe the whining that went on about allied/neutral/enemy factions in NC1 OP wars. Since the faction system was so complex, clans would form alliances with allied factions and OP war together. BUT. Faction A might be allied to Faction B who is allied to Faction C but Faction C is enemy to Faction A! This was horribly complex in NC1 and almost every serious player whined about it, killing greens at OP wars ~who is the enemy??!?!?!~

Nowadays everyone kills greens so who cares... :rolleyes:

Mr McMock
18-10-06, 03:57
You know how many things we have now that were added because people whined? Do a search for the active issues atm over the last 4 years on this forum... you will be VERY surprised. Almost everything we whine about now was different in 'the old days' and even more baffling, almost everything people suggest to 'fix' what's wrong now actually WAS that way in the old days. :lol:

edit: Point in fact: OP Wars

You wouldn't believe the whining that went on about allied/neutral/enemy factions in NC1 OP wars. Since the faction system was so complex, clans would form alliances with allied factions and OP war together. BUT. Faction A might be allied to Faction B who is allied to Faction C but Faction C is enemy to Faction A! This was horribly complex in NC1 and almost every serious player whined about it, killing greens at OP wars ~who is the enemy??!?!?!~

Nowadays everyone kills greens so who cares... :rolleyes:

Im not surpised and I do remember a lot of the whining about the faction system in nc1, mind you it was mostly the pluto whiners who came to Saturn who did most of the crying.

Still get rid of HN layer = more happy people and seen to be a step in the right direction regarding gettin old customers back and staying.

NAPPER
18-10-06, 06:15
If you get rid of hack net then what’s the point in having hacknet spy’s???

And wasn’t the test server supposed to be happening yesterday??????

Forget My Name
18-10-06, 07:18
Im not surpised and I do remember a lot of the whining about the faction system in nc1, mind you it was mostly the pluto whiners who came to Saturn who did most of the crying.

Still get rid of HN layer = more happy people and seen to be a step in the right direction regarding gettin old customers back and staying.

You arent paying attention. Its those same crying fucks who changed the game for better or worse, then left the game, leaving the crap thats left for us to play. Fuck old players. We need new ones.

NAPPER
18-10-06, 07:26
the old player are what made this game tbh !!!!

Forget My Name
18-10-06, 08:17
Maybe.

I say the old GAME is what made the game. In all honesty, most of the old players were counter strike test tube babies anyway. ego here ego there. The game is what allowed players back then to be great.

Now a days, all builds are perfected down to the skill point, everyone is a monk clone of everyone else. There is no more variation in the game.

Nice new skins! nice hair, nice clothing... wait, whats that? Everyone is a PA clone anyway? Whats the point of making your toons customizable when PA ruins it anyway?

I am glad the CEO gave us some answers. Not much better than what any CEO would say about their comapny, but what can ya ask for?

giga191
18-10-06, 08:37
In the previous ask questions and get answers thread (I can't find it, and the restrictions of this forum's search feature doesn't exactly help), it was stated that there were no plans to change the op-war system in either the near or distant future. However, it wouldn't be the first time for KK to do something they have previously stated will not happen, so we can but hope this major issue will be addressed. The old 2.2. plans were for graphical stuff and an op war revamp so I don't see why we no longer need an OP war revamp. Actually the reason why 2.2. isn't going to be a graphical update is because everyone was against it, so why they think people have changed their mind, I'm not sure.

CMaster
18-10-06, 12:26
Opposed to that statement it _was_ on the original evol 2.2 planfile (gfx, playermodels, op-sys).

Anybody got a copy of Planfile #5? Seeing as KK seem to have deleted it from their servers. Also, anybody found the long-closed Ask KK thread?

Tratos
18-10-06, 12:43
Anybody got a copy of Planfile #5? Seeing as KK seem to have deleted it from their servers. Also, anybody found the long-closed Ask KK thread?
You mean this planfile #5 (http://cp.neocron.com/index.php?id=108) and this 'Ask KK' thread (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=133367)?

CMaster
18-10-06, 13:01
You mean this planfile #5 (http://cp.neocron.com/index.php?id=108) and this 'Ask KK' thread (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=133367)?

Also this one at THN (http://www.techhaven.org/neocron/plan-files/neocron-2-planfile-5.html), although I would never have found it without Brammers. And yes, that Ask KK thread.

Beside the graphical stuff we will put more effort in adjustments of gaming systems like the outpost system, the opponent KI or balancing questions. Of course we will also work on the engine to add more features and increase the performance and stability.

Q: What will you change in terms of the OP-system ...or more precisely: Will there be changes making non-OP PvP more viable?
A: This area is not included in the balancing process. No tangible plans at the moment.

Hmm, that second quote is the strongest comment I could find. Felt sure there was a more clear one. Ah well, nevermind.

Civil_Unit
18-10-06, 21:05
Yeah the old Neocron had some good times and all, We didn't have all the fancy do-dads and stuff people now had.

We didn't have 'rares' or even really good implants, Monks just were not that good because they could die and their armor sucked. none of this PSI armor, they wore strength armor like everyone else.

Tanks carried medkits instead of heal spells, i mean, they where tanks.

We only had one vehicle, and we killed each other for no other reason besides it being fun.

Oh and you could steal an entire quick belt of goodies off of players.

The future looked pretty bright then, new city's, outposts, flying machines and invisible cloaking things...yup. lots of cool idea's. If only the engine wasnt so tempermental. was always giving us problem with object handling and sychning.

prozium
01-12-06, 04:50
What will happen after Evolution 2.2? What are the next projects that will be realized concerning Neocron?

We have several plans how the further development of Neocron will look like. The next step after Evol 2.2 will probably be another graphical update. This will not only include the replacement of existing graphics but also the implementation of new game content. These steps will not be addressed before the release of Evolution 2.2 as we are completely concentrating our attention on the current project.

why dont they realize we dont need a graphical update? what we need is bug fixes and more population. The Balancing project is going to help, but it wont fix everything, they should put the codeing time or use into more constructive use to fix the many problems that arn't related to balancing. I dont know why I cant come up with any examples atm, but there are tons I have discussed with my friends before, and I know you guys have too, at one point in time, or another.

Jodo
01-12-06, 05:04
Improved graphic content will attract a higher population. Many people take one look at the game and drop the box because they're comparing it to other online games that they've played. The engine isn't getting changed any time soon so the graphic content needs a polish every so often and KK do what they can with the bugs but again, the engine isn't getting changed so it's difficult to remove them.

prozium
01-12-06, 05:16
I still cant help but think , IF they could afford to get a bunch of coders, ones that specialize in engines ( in the MMo area ) that they could not nessisarily make a new engine, but rework or reform or tailor their current one, i dont know much about codeing so i couldnt really be an expert , but I just cant get past the fact there are still buggs in the game that have been there since release. i dunno, I would ask the CEO's about why they havnt appropriated funds into that i guess

Improved graphic content will attract a higher population.

I love(ed) Neocron and Imo the graphics werent ever the problem, although i see your point in a quick polish up every so often, i seriously doubt that another graphics overhaul will bring us the masses of population we want or shall I say Deserve?

Assimilator
01-12-06, 10:48
Improved graphic content will attract a higher population.

True. I can't get my two roommates to play because they keep complaining about how crappy it looks (though they like the concept of the game).

It's the 21st century... Everyone wants post filtering, bloom, and HDR :)