PDA

View Full Version : Corrupt Game File!!!

heavyweighthill
13-10-06, 01:41
Ok,

first up let me say a big hello to everyone ;)

So here is my problem. I signed up for the a trail account, managed to even deal with the dreaded Click2Pay first time, but now i can't download a game client witout it being corrupted!! Worked my through all the list over the past 24 hours and every time the client has finished downloading i attempt to instal and i get the message that the file is corrupted get a new one!!!

This is not the first time this has happened to me, i attempted to play the game about 6 months ago and the same thing happened, so i gave up..this time i have had a little more perseverance.

Any one else had the same problems, anyone have an answer for me before i run out off trail time. Might just have to bite the bullet and order the boxed version from ebay, but would at least like to know if the game is as good as i think its going to be.... :lol:

Riddle
13-10-06, 14:16
Tried a mirror site?

Napalm82
13-10-06, 21:09
Personally i have never had any trouble with this mirror: http://www.dome-of-york.com/download

But i heard some people have had trouble with it, so i dunno, worth a try i guess.

- Napalm

ajcuk2
16-10-06, 02:24
Ebay might be a good answer here - I heard a clan mate aquired a boxed copy (with 30days free game time no less) for under £5, inc PnP. Arrived within 3 days too, but ofc that can vary widly.

NAPPER
16-10-06, 04:02
Ebay might be a good answer here - I heard a clan mate aquired a boxed copy (with 30days free game time no less) for under £5, inc PnP. Arrived within 3 days too, but ofc that can vary widly.

i didnt think you could get 30 days free?????

aKe`cj
16-10-06, 09:45
i didnt think you could get 30 days free?????

boxed copies of the game include a free month of playtime, a printed manual, 3 sexeh cd's, a worldmap .. and, are way cheaper than buying the online version.

Online = 30 bucks + 12.99, for one month - no cd's, no printed stuff.
Shop = 5 bucks - 12.99 for one month + printed kinkyness == +7.99 ..you actually make a profit.. go BUY NC GET RICH.

:p

Mighty Max
16-10-06, 09:52
If you are having the "massive corrupt files after fresh install all patched up" problem, try the following:

- Go into the patches subfolder, delete the "filestofix" file.
- grab the current "hash.ini" somewhere (here for #157 (http://mightymax.org/hash.rar))
- extract it it in the ini subfolder (replace the existing one)
- run the filecheck again, files it want to download again should be much less

Report back in here if it helped. :)

james_finn
16-10-06, 13:26
if your still after a box set then go to amazon.co.uk two of my mates just bought the box for 72p plus 2.00 p&p (I dont think you can get any better than that? :) )

/Delphi