PDA

View Full Version : [CbT]bring bak le restrictions!

DIABLO666
11-10-06, 17:19
is it just me who thinks they shud bring bak le restrictions? its not oppinion that people keeping le till there capped an even using it wen they r capped is ruining NC. in NC1 people removed there le wen they went to bunker and everybody was happy, sure u had 2 put up with being pked every now an then but usually u cud jus log a alt 2 pwn em or get sum1 else 2 help. but now everybody has a le in so if ne1 finds a noob enemy or not they will kill em jus cos theres no other noobs 2 pwn, this in turn makes more ppl keep in their le so people kill allys and so it continues. and i know sum ppl r guna say *u suck u can only kill noobs u shudnt kill noobs boo hoo* but thats life, its not like people kill noobs all the time, jus every now an then. also it means the CM dont have anybody 3 protect cos everybody has a le, if people removed le then CM cud defend people in the bunker zone (cos u dont loose sl for killin neutrals an CM have like 10 ppl they neutral to) so u wud solve 2 problems with 1 move =)

NiMBle
11-10-06, 17:56
You dont think over the past 4 years its been thought of?

CM's wont sit in MB zone all day waiting for someone to be pked so they can play hero.

KK already made it so over rank 30 u cant put LE back in, thats as far as it will go.

kane
11-10-06, 18:35
it aint going to happen I say it should but KK is a bunny and he also plays pe with a xbow thats got a le in it lmao!

unreal
11-10-06, 19:46
There should be a large negative factor involved when keeping your LE in IMO. If not slower XP gain, it should be at least a hefty amount of skill point/level loss.

aKe`cj
11-10-06, 19:54
There should be a large negative factor involved when keeping your LE in IMO. If not slower XP gain, it should be at least a hefty amount of skill point/level loss.

not being able to join a guild/clan is about as harsh of a negative factor as can be in a MMORPG.
Apart from that everyone repeatedly states how PvP is the games greatest asset.. see another large negative factor - they dont have PvP ... so if Player _still_ want to use, be assured they have strong reasons for doing so :)

My idea: stopwhine.com

NiMBle
11-10-06, 20:39
not being able to join a guild/clan is about as harsh of a negative factor as can be in a MMORPG.
Apart from that everyone repeatedly states how PvP is the games greatest asset.. see another large negative factor - they dont have PvP ... so if Player _still_ want to use, be assured they have strong reasons for doing so :)

Tradeskillers? Im not a Fan of RP, but isnt there suppose to be like blackmarkets and smuggling items and shit in a Roleplaying Atmosphere? How can you talk about smuggling shit when u can stroll through somewhere like pepper park and wave at an enemy faction knowing they cant touch u.

Darkana
11-10-06, 20:57
... and another "I can't find enough people to fight against/with, hence I want a remote LE-removal tool, then I would feel better"-thread.

+1

And my teacha tolded me 2 learn modarn englizz (http://www.thecoolkids.org/articles/editorials/onlinelang.php) cuz i r teh slow with readin modren englez text0rz LOL

CMaster
11-10-06, 20:59
Good god why does this retarded idea KEEP coiming up?
Get it through your thick skulls that removing the LE will not give you more people to kill. The people that keep LEs in their capped characters because they genuinley loathe PvP will just quit. The people who keep their LE in their tradeskillers because they don't want the hastle (remembering there already are penalties for keeping in the LE) will stop tradeskilling.
Net result of removing the LE: lower server populations, so even less availbility of items you want to trade for. Less subscriptions, so even less progress on fixing issues and dealing with exploits as KK have to lay off staff. More whining about how some 7/13 character got killed by a 69/62.

So drop it. Removing the LE helps absolutley nobody. It meley helps assuade your fragile little ego that can't stand the fact that there is somebody they've never met in an online game whose day you can't ruin.

NiMBle
11-10-06, 21:03
I can only lol at you CMaster.

80% of LE's wont quit because they cant have LE anymore, there are the odd players who have all their chars LE'd and just run around with their friends stabbing spiders and shit at cap. The rest are tradeskillers or epic runners that have pvp alts.

Removing LE's will give me more people to kill, give more realism to the game (thats if you think being able to stroll past DoY because you have a CityAdmin LAW ENFORCER in is unrealistic).

Oh well, loved your attempt to play the "omg i know everything you are teh itiod!!!" role, next time maybe.

CMaster
11-10-06, 21:06
yes,you have the LEed alts that people use because they are lazy or whatever. Sure, they aren't going to leave. But the common whine you have is with the "LEed players" as it were. And make no mistake, they will. Plenty of people have already quit the game (vast numbers in fact) because they were sick of being killed by people they mistakenly took as friendlies. There are plenty who know that being killed will infuriate them and keep their LE in because of that. And they will leave. And to me, thats not worth shoring up your ego.

NiMBle
11-10-06, 21:15
To those who have left because they got sicked of being killed by "people they mistakenly took as friendlies" : Please dont come back.

People should learn fast that F6 means nothing, thats not because people choose it, its because of the style of the game - and if people arent good with that, then they should quit, reading between the lines I understand the "well dont attack f6 friendlies and people wont keep LE in as much", not attacking F6 allys will give me less people to kill, most people I kill nowadays are f6 allys, simply because anywhere else I go to get a fight I find its against a zonewhoring Xbow PE or an APU PPU team.

What are LE's doing for anyone other than tradeskilling? (which Im sure is easy to get from non-le's) - nothing, they run around in their own clique's mostly 10 yr olds with theyre best friend playing cowboys and robbers no doubt.

What kind of 'Post-Apocalyptic Cyberpunk' game allows you to CHOOSE whether or not you can take pvp damage?

A shit one.

Vryce
11-10-06, 21:43
So drop it. Removing the LE helps absolutely nobody. It merely helps assuage your fragile little ego that can't stand the fact that there is somebody they've never met in an online game whose day you can't ruin.

... and another "I can't find enough people to fight against/with, hence I want a remote LE-removal tool, then I would feel better"-thread.

+1

...... pretty much sums up this topic.

Also, a basic course in English to post on the English-language forum.

DIABLO666
11-10-06, 21:53
ok now people who quit cos they dont wana pvp.... i say let em quit we dont want em! an like that other guy sed smuggling aint smuggling if u can jus waltz in untouched, people will b much happier with the le gone as pvp will dramatically increase specially if noobs who got pked called on alliance for help (like ppl saying theres a anti in pp3 or p2).

Darkana
11-10-06, 21:55
What are LE's doing for anyone other than tradeskilling? (which Im sure is easy to get from non-le's) - nothing, they run around in their own clique's mostly 10 yr olds with theyre best friend playing cowboys and robbers no doubt.Ignorance is bliss.

aKe`cj
11-10-06, 22:00
yeah well.. it's not gonna happen anyway - and thats good :)

What I would like to see tho is LE players being able to join clans and LE effects being disabled in OP zones. Imo that'd improve the situation for both factions :)

rookee
11-10-06, 22:17
ok now people who quit cos they dont wana pvp.... i say let em quit we dont want em!
But KK wants them. Obviously. And I'm happy about that.

Darkana
11-10-06, 22:24
What I would like to see tho is LE players being able to join clans and LE effects being disabled in OP zones. Imo that'd improve the situation for both factions :)No exceptions, ever, anywhere. It would create just more problems otherwise. LE-clans is another topic, however, KK was never promoting the LE and I doubt they will start doing that in the future.

Glok
11-10-06, 23:22
Are you guys aware that people used to whine constantly about how hard regaining SL was and so KK put more ways to do it? Are you also aware that there was very little ally PKing before that? Think about that.

Myself, no LE, dumb idea in the first place, but make red SL harder to live with and last longer.

neai
12-10-06, 01:04
LE user would be a rare sight if noob/ally ganking wasn't tolerated on terra. Most people don't tolerate such behaviour in mmo games, backstabbing harmless people is lame. In neocron there are no real ingame penalties. The international server's community, or whatever's left of it, tolerates this. The result is low population and relatively high percentage of LE'd people. For comparison the german server's community has less tolerance for this behaviour, LE users are harder to find and there's more active players. If I was running nc I'd focus on increasing the pops. Neutralizing the couple dozen noob/ally pkers on first occasion so couple hundreds can enjoy the game would be the first step.

Personally I think LE should be replaced with something else. Total godmode takes away some thrills and not being able to join/create a clan takes away most of the fun from game. I'd rather have some real law enforcement that can arrive on crime scene and obliterate offenders immediately. Godlike cop/doy/mb drones with warp ability and negative SL hate maybe. Assasination and murder should always be possible but when done in victim's mid/high security sector, you should be ready for hasty departure or death, now, and everytime you're spotted in one of them in near future.

Kierz
12-10-06, 01:53
we need a non-le server, or an le-server with the rest being non-le

Glok
12-10-06, 02:15
we need a non-le serverHow many people play Neptune? ;)

ROZZER187
12-10-06, 02:16
doesn't really bother me if it stays or goes but as for the restriction the law enforcer had on it in nc1 i dont see why it cant be implemented, it never made people not want to play before so why should it now?? either that or make the cap for rare weapons higher if you have your le in........pretty much how it was before but not just for rares, for everything.

Brammers
12-10-06, 14:36
Keep the LE as it is. It's to stop you PvP'ing, and joining a clan.

I use the LE to level without PK'ers interrupting my leveling sessions.

Also putting back the higher restrictions that they had in NC1 when wearing a LE is pointless, since a lot of setups need 4 brain slots to cap the highest TL weapon, so the lost of a brain slot is already a nerf to LE players.

unreal
12-10-06, 15:10
It's a nerf indeed, but not a large enough one. There needs to be more an an incentive to live the dangerous life in Neocron and take a larger role in the PvP side of things, which is what lots of people are increasingly annoyed about lately. The lower populations have made it more and more apparent about how many people have chosen to whore behind the LE.

Levelling characters with an LE to avoid being ganked when you're trying to do your precious grinding is fair and understandable, but should this life of unkillable (by other runners of course) luxury be free and without a bigger disadvantage than not being able to stick your PPR in? I personally don't think it should.

kane
12-10-06, 15:15
Make LE's like 50% exp loss.

rookee
12-10-06, 15:29
without a bigger disadvantage than not being able to stick your PPR in?
Don't forget about being unable to join a clan, which is an even bigger disadvantage in my eyes. No clan chat, not as many obvious friends you can rely on. Without clan, you're alone.

Regarding more restrictions for LE: For most players with LE'd high level chars it's a fundamental decision to wear or not to wear the chip. Stronger restrictions will only make them decide between living with the disadvantages or quitting the game, but rarely make them pop their LE. You can't force other players to adopt your play style.

What's more, new players with LE would either level awkwardly slow or get ganked if the LE was taken out - both a big turn off for newbs -> less new long-term players.

I think one can't make it any clearer than CMaster did before. Nerf LE -> kill LE population -> less players.

kane
12-10-06, 15:34
Don't forget about being unable to join a clan, which is an even bigger disadvantage in my eyes. No clan chat, not as many obvious friends you can rely on. Without clan, you're alone.

Regarding more restrictions for LE: For most players with LE'd high level chars it's a fundamental decision to wear or not to wear the chip. Stronger restrictions will only make them decide between living with the disadvantages or quitting the game, but rarely make them pop their LE. You can't force other players to adopt your play style.

What's more, new players with LE would either level awkwardly slow or get ganked if the LE was taken out - both a big turn off for newbs -> less new long-term players.

I think one can't make it any clearer than CMaster did before. Nerf LE -> kill LE population -> less players.

Not really. I mean SXR vent half people not on a clan member vents where we talk and thats all :P Only one char has no le rest have it in. One to help with op wars till i get the rest near cap.

rookee
12-10-06, 15:49
Well, if it's a neglectable disadvantage in your eyes, I'd say -

give us LE clans! Yay! :cool:

Dogface
12-10-06, 16:59
I'm considering coming back soon with a friend, we're going to make LEd chars just to PvE and collect a beasty amount of items for a while. If the LE was removed, you wouldn't get us back. We're not the only people with this mindset by the way.

I'm all for pvp, while I was active I spent 80% of my time on my PE playing with my Dissy in various locations but forcing people (by either removing LEs, or making LEd gameplay seriously gimped) to do something they really don't want to do, isn't really a fun game anymore.

I agree with what CMaster said.

DIABLO666
12-10-06, 17:09
ok then we dont want u bak, tbh if ur not guna pvp i dont want u bak my NC life and that of most people on NC is pvp so the loss of ppl who dont wana pvp is water off a ducks back.

rookee
12-10-06, 20:23
ok then we dont want u bak, tbh if ur not guna pvp i dont want u bak my NC life and that of most people on NC is pvp so the loss of ppl who dont wana pvp is water off a ducks back.
Oh, "we" don't want him back?

Bredahl
13-10-06, 22:31

Ur a fucking idiot tbh
most ppl are gonna take out theire LE sooner or later anyways. If u remove the LE or "nerf" the LE u WILL loose alot of potential pvp'ers
and thats rly not something we would like is it? o_O

NiMBle
13-10-06, 23:29
Like I said before, most LE'ers only play with a close clique of friends, or are alt tradeskillers or whatever.

Dont tell me that bullshit that with LE "Ohnoz! Cant join a clan" NC isnt the kind of game where you ask around to join a clan to meet friends, Clans are mostly composed of people who have known eachother for a longtime, from NC1 etc, have PvPed together and shit like that, and the only reason to be clanned is so you dont get kicked out of your faction, and so you can use the clans Underground - because pretty much everyone uses Vent/TS.

People who keep saying this fucking "omg cant join a clan with le in" bullshit are starting to irritate me, stop thinking of a lame excuse to defend the LE being kept as it is.

Take the LE out, make those fuckers PvP or quit - PvP is the core of NC, and personally I dont think that if every single person that doesnt want to PvP currently playing NC left it would make a difference to me, infact I'd enjoy it, atleast I wouldnt keep seeing someone running upto them and seeing the "Blue Name of Disappointment" in local.

Just like most people in NC, I want to fucking kill people, I dont want to run around holding hands with some god damn LE.

How about you make it so that at a certain rank (say /55 or /60) there is a place you can go or an NPC you can talk to that will remove your LE and in return give you something worth having, whether it be money or something unique.

Glok
13-10-06, 23:34
Remove the LE and also make it so ally killers lose levels. I don't use the LE but some of you guys are seriously fucked up.

Dogface
14-10-06, 01:10

Enjoy not having traders, levellers or trading clans then, because they are not pvpers. Traders aren't going to be exciting to kill and they certainly won't trade with you if all you want to do is PK them all day every day. Levellers are going to lose the enthusiasm of levelling because you're going to stop by MB every 10 minutes just to click at them and feel good. What happens when no one wants to level because greedy people like you just want to gank them all the time? Oh and lets not forget trading clans, if you see someone from a well established trading clan working at an OP, you're gonna kill them because they have their LE out, right? You're clearly the hardcore anti-carebear, of course you are. You think people are going to be happy with you if you gank them at an OP while they're making you a weapon or an item?

Removing the LE will give you more people to PK, not pvp with. The people who are up for pvp and are built for pvp, already have their LE out. The rest are just non-pvp characters. Ergo, killing them is PKing them. Not pvp. I suppose you didn't consider that though, right?

Oh and my LE isn't going to stay in forever you tard.

NAPPER
14-10-06, 03:00
Ok this is what I do when lvling someone with the le

I lvl him then get bored then I relog to my tank or my hyb then go to mb or cycrow to kill the unlucky fuckers then dont have one.

But the point is I have 3 accounts at the min 5 of my chars have les in 2 being my trade chars 1 being my hunter for rares perfect for killing warbots there’s nothing worst then hunting then some fucktard coming and killing me and the other 2 I am lvling at the min I will not take the le out of these until my droner has woc and the other can use rares with good con.

I think to be honest you should let the player decide when he/she should take the le out

NAPPER

NiMBle
14-10-06, 10:34
Enjoy not having traders, levellers or trading clans then, because they are not pvpers. Traders aren't going to be exciting to kill and they certainly won't trade with you if all you want to do is PK them all day every day. Levellers are going to lose the enthusiasm of levelling because you're going to stop by MB every 10 minutes just to click at them and feel good. What happens when no one wants to level because greedy people like you just want to gank them all the time? Oh and lets not forget trading clans, if you see someone from a well established trading clan working at an OP, you're gonna kill them because they have their LE out, right? You're clearly the hardcore anti-carebear, of course you are. You think people are going to be happy with you if you gank them at an OP while they're making you a weapon or an item?

Removing the LE will give you more people to PK, not pvp with. The people who are up for pvp and are built for pvp, already have their LE out. The rest are just non-pvp characters. Ergo, killing them is PKing them. Not pvp. I suppose you didn't consider that though, right?

Oh and my LE isn't going to stay in forever you tard.

You obviously didn't think at all when you posted.

All traders with the exception of a few have alts. How the whole "well established trading clans wont be happy if you kill them at an op" comes into it, to be in a clan you have to have an LE out, and so Well-Established trading clans are already taking the risk of being PKed. And who gives a shit whether they're happy with it, I dont kill people then say Sorry - with the bs you're coming out with I'd assume thats the kind of stuff you do?

You have the typical "unless its a fair fight, 1on1, and you both say '1, 2, 3 go' then its not PvP" view, what next - are u going to ask they bring in a Dueling system?

You may think DIABLO666 is trying to be an anti-carebear e-thug or whatever, and I agree, but you're obviously the Anti-Fun Carebear that wants World-Neocron-Peace - that or you got so caught up in trying to throw a post back at DIABLO666 that you forgot to think.

rookee
14-10-06, 11:57
Dont tell me that bullshit that with LE "Ohnoz! Cant join a clan" NC isnt the kind of game where you ask around to join a clan to meet friends, Clans are mostly composed of people who have known eachother for a longtime, from NC1 etc, have PvPed together and shit like that, and the only reason to be clanned is so you dont get kicked out of your faction, and so you can use the clans Underground - because pretty much everyone uses Vent/TS.
As I said, if you don't think it such a disadvantage, give us LE clans. I bet this would make even less people pop their LE. For some people that start in NC2 without RL friend players in the game a clan is a good way to progress in NC, get to know people better, help each other out, share a clan apt.

Take the LE out, make those fuckers PvP or quit - PvP is the core of NC, and personally I dont think that if every single person that doesnt want to PvP currently playing NC left it would make a difference to me, infact I'd enjoy it, atleast I wouldnt keep seeing someone running upto them and seeing the "Blue Name of Disappointment" in local.
CMaster said everything about that. Get rid of LE -> get rid of players. More players -> more potential PvPers. But also more LE'd PvEers.

Just like most people in NC, I want to fucking kill people, I dont want to run around holding hands with some god damn LE.
I like hunting trophies for instance. Without getting shot in the back when I'm at low health. Because that sucks, and games aren't supposed to suck, even when there are a lot of twats in it.

How about you make it so that at a certain rank (say /55 or /60) there is a place you can go or an NPC you can talk to that will remove your LE and in return give you something worth having, whether it be money or something unique.
A dedicated LE wearer will not remove his LE for any reward whatsoever. It's a fundamental decision.

Clobber
14-10-06, 12:21
Remove the LE and also make it so ally killers lose levels. I don't use the LE but some of you guys are seriously fucked up.

Lose levels for killing allies? Ok shut up please, I choose who is goin be my ally and who is goin to be my enemy. I wont be dictated by an awful F6 who I can and cant kill.

As for the le subject its done to death, I think most would agree just make the le not work when you reach say lvl 40 or 50.

Darkana
14-10-06, 13:26
As for the le subject its done to death, I think most would agree just make the le not work when you reach say lvl 40 or 50.
Most of what? Look back to Neptune, there you have seen how the majority of players think and act.

Glok
14-10-06, 14:55
Ok shut up please, I choose who is goin be my ally and who is goin to be my enemy. I wont be dictated by an awful F6 who I can and cant kill.Hm wrong game. You want 'Neocron Deathmatch 2k6' I think. :p

neai
14-10-06, 15:40
Hm wrong game. You want 'Neocron Deathmatch 2k6' I think. :p
Yeah, but backstabbing or noob ganking in T/DM is pretty much impossible. He'd get banned for teamkilling or killed by a noob. :rolleyes:

Clobber
14-10-06, 18:41
Hm wrong game. You want 'Neocron Deathmatch 2k6' I think. :p

No I want nc with a more diverse faction system before I give a shit about the f6.

DIABLO666
15-10-06, 00:26
ok now lets be honest, in NC1 not many people used the le and everything was fine. ppl accepted bein pked a bit an traders knew the risks. if sum 12 year old kids *and i mean u dogface* dont wana die then boo hoo go play a carebear game we dont want u. many traders r fine without a le they just stay in safe areas or get a escort. in NC1 xtro was ma leader an he was pure trade, 1 CS burst wud kill him, AND he was CM (in those days MB wasnt safezone) so to move around his homeground he often was in danger and needed a escort but he did fine and didnt quit. tbh all this bs about ppl will quit cos they wana trade or lvl is jus dumb. if ne1 pked to much at bunker the CMs wud jus go and pwn em or u cud log a alt to kill em. i stand by my decision.. u dont wana pvp WE DONT WANT YOU!!.

DIABLO666
15-10-06, 00:28
oh 1 last thought, i want le clans... we will give u le clan then les shud b able 2 kill each other. that way everybody can lvl a le guy to pwn u le noobs

Dogface
15-10-06, 00:55
ok now lets be honest, in NC1 not many people used the le and everything was fine. ppl accepted bein pked a bit an traders knew the risks. if sum 12 year old kids *and i mean u dogface* dont wana die then boo hoo go play a carebear game we dont want u. many traders r fine without a le they just stay in safe areas or get a escort. in NC1 xtro was ma leader an he was pure trade, 1 CS burst wud kill him, AND he was CM (in those days MB wasnt safezone) so to move around his homeground he often was in danger and needed a escort but he did fine and didnt quit. tbh all this bs about ppl will quit cos they wana trade or lvl is jus dumb. if ne1 pked to much at bunker the CMs wud jus go and pwn em or u cud log a alt to kill em. i stand by my decision.. u dont wana pvp WE DONT WANT YOU!!.

Are you war-barney?

aKe`cj
15-10-06, 01:08
WE DONT WANT YOU!!.

WE == you and some others... certainly not the playerbase, certainly not KK. Players who like NC are welcome to play it any way they like as long as its according to the ruleset provided by KK. If you dont like the way other people play, thats your problem - mebbe they dont like your face either.

Darkana
15-10-06, 02:42
Diablo, NC1 != NC2, get that into your skull :) I know what you are aiming at, but the circumstances are different now.

NAPPER
15-10-06, 03:34
oh 1 last thought, i want le clans... we will give u le clan then les shud b able 2 kill each other. that way everybody can lvl a le guy to pwn u le noobs

so you think led people should be able to kill led people then whats the fucking point in the not led people [ edited ]

DIABLO666
15-10-06, 14:41
ok i give up, parantly NC2 is just a carebear game now. can sum1 close this thread plz.

Trivaldi
15-10-06, 14:51
Closed at starters request.

Triv