PDA

View Full Version : Exclusive interview on MMORPG.com

SnowCrash
10-10-06, 17:41
In an exclusive interview with Garret Fuller from MMORPG.com we gave a closer look at what players can expect from the upcoming Neocron Evol 2.2 update. You can find the interview right here! (http://mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/setview/features/loadFeature/926/gameID/29)

Riddle
10-10-06, 17:43
Oooo......

Access denied ....

Dam i hate work restrictions, will check it out when i get home!!:D

Pantho
10-10-06, 17:56
The new storyline called "The Death Circuit" contains four single chapters that will evolve the storyline part by part. Overall I can say that ostensive truths turn out to be insidious lies. The alliances will be shattered to their foundations and the smell of war lies in the air again.

Pantho hopes this means things like -

City sectors become Waring again, IE -

Next and CA Are enemy'

kane
10-10-06, 17:58
Nice :)

Hell-demon
10-10-06, 17:58
Nothing we didn't already know :rolleyes:

nobby
10-10-06, 19:47
Was going to say that too ...

I thought we might hear of NPC models actually going to be redone...

Just a balancing project...bah !

why not make the game feel nicer us so we don't feel as bored as shit lvling ?

LiL T
10-10-06, 21:45
Pantho hopes this means things like -

City sectors become Waring again, IE -

Next and CA Are enemy'

I can't access the site maybe its down but that which you quoted could just be the thing that would make much more happyer, if it has anything to do with old NC1 relations. I would very much love that, it would end up with some nice fights and roleplay but i do fear there will be alot of crying about getting pked... I'm sure KK could think of something that will work for both carebear and pvper, with no bullshit plz.

Philchow
10-10-06, 21:56
French translation available at Neocron-JeuxOnLine : here (http://neocron.jeuxonline.info/index.php?idNouvelle=12390) or here (http://www.jeuxonline.info/actualites/12390.html).

james_finn
11-10-06, 01:38
hmm looks like its moved, although I cant find it at all on MMORPG.com....

/Delphi

Glok
11-10-06, 01:42
Delphi is that the famous canyon bridge in your sig? Have you ever been on it? I was on it once... long ago... I tried afterwards and couldn't get up there and couldn't remember how I got up there the first time. :(

james_finn
11-10-06, 01:56
Delphi is that the famous canyon bridge in your sig? Have you ever been on it? I was on it once... long ago... I tried afterwards and couldn't get up there and couldn't remember how I got up there the first time. :(

Yup it is lol, also I think ive been up there, but I doubt it could be done any more :S

on topic:

can we have a new address for the interview or has MMORPG pulled it?

/Delphi

Tarn
11-10-06, 04:15
i dont see the interview either.... ? :confused:

SnowCrash
11-10-06, 06:36
Starting post updated.

Pantho
11-10-06, 13:35
Thanx for the update...

Tratos
11-10-06, 13:48
Try again -

I think the article was pulled
Perhaps try reading the updated part of the post?

Good to see Neocron getting exposure.

Louiscypher
11-10-06, 13:50
The dog ate my homework sir, i realy swear he did !

neai
11-10-06, 14:00
if you're impatient...

ich hatte es noch in einem Fenster offen. Nur für heut: http://mightymax.org/interview.zip

Pantho
11-10-06, 14:31
if you're impatient...

Nice. a full cache download of the website :p

Tickles
11-10-06, 18:12
Link still doesn't show the interview...

SnowCrash
11-10-06, 18:27
The interview is back online now.

calim
11-10-06, 19:03
Nice !

It doesn't speak about item tracking :P hope it will be discussed soon after 2.2 release, as this happen i could reopen my account ! :)

Pantho
11-10-06, 20:55
Nice !

It doesn't speak about item tracking :P hope it will be discussed soon after 2.2 release, as this happen i could reopen my account ! :)

Im sorry if you lost shit, we all have -

They have said mutliple times and recently during Balance Development, they have no plans to implement Item tracking, or start re-developing item tracking, due to technical issues, that would cause to much work to complete.

Get used to it -

Not like there is much in this game you can lose, that a few days graft doesn't replace.

Tarn
12-10-06, 00:36
We will closely watch the response to Evol 2.2 after the release and will orient our further development plans on it.
Ill just pray for pre 2.1

edit - if they see more accounts de activate

Apocalypsox
12-10-06, 01:34
We will continue to maintain and improve Neocron. By improving its quality and expanding its contents, we do not only aim to make it more interesting for new players, but we are also improving our loyal fans' stay in the game by making it more varied and comfortable.

Does that mean the Neocron might eventually get a engine upgrade?

LiL T
12-10-06, 04:26
Im sorry if you lost shit, we all have -

They have said mutliple times and recently during Balance Development, they have no plans to implement Item tracking, or start re-developing item tracking, due to technical issues, that would cause to much work to complete.

Get used to it -

Not like there is much in this game you can lose, that a few days graft doesn't replace.

Its still no excuse, people like me don't graft for shit these days, it takes weeks to get stuff, if i lost something like an MC5 chip i'd press the cancel button and not think twice about it. I just can't do the grind in this game, its so boring been and done it already so i'm not interested in it.

Glok
12-10-06, 04:34
Bullshit LiL T you would look the MC5 in the eye and say fuck you. How many levellers have you killed in chaos caves? I bet over a hundred. What about them lol you ruined their game haha.

I think you would lose an MC5 and fuck off for a week and then come back more homicidal than ever.

Pantho
12-10-06, 04:58
Bullshit LiL T you would look the MC5 in the eye and say fuck you. How many levellers have you killed in chaos caves? I bet over a hundred. What about them lol you ruined their game haha.

I think you would lose an MC5 and fuck off for a week and then come back more homicidal than ever.
Id like to challenge the Title for Killing most people in TG/TG Cave...

well Canyon, it aint TG anymore but w/e :p -

kg-ua
12-10-06, 09:43
they moved link to:
http://mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/loadNews/6353/Neocron2InterviewwithChristianSchuett.html

SnowCrash
12-10-06, 09:47
Please stay on topic guys *looks at Pantho, Glok and LilT*

NAPPER
13-10-06, 03:25
MMORPG.com: Without giving anything major away can you tell us a little about "The Death Circuit" storyline that is coming up soon?

Christian Schütt:The new storyline called "The Death Circuit" contains four single chapters that will evolve the storyline part by part. Overall I can say that ostensive truths turn out to be insidious lies. The alliances will be shattered to their foundations and the smell of war lies in the air again.

does this mean it will not be just doy or nc i hop it means nc vs nc e.g. dre vs next or somthing like that. that would be very kool

calim
13-10-06, 11:28
Please stay on topic guys *looks at Pantho, Glok and LilT*

*calim is whistling* :lol:

Riddle
13-10-06, 13:33
Shortly before NC1 was released, We saw MMORPG get exclusive content before we the community had even seen the info.

People then moaned they didn't know!

Although this interview reveals nothing more than what we already know, thats a good thing!;) As you have kept the community upto date!

Snowcrash, As you have started making external people aware of 2.2 through this article, would it be fair to say its completion is sooner rather than later? Would be a shame to take a further year to complete.
( no not trying to tie you to a date :) )

Brammers
13-10-06, 14:03
For Evo 2.2, I rather KK say it will be released "When it's done."

So when KK do a 1 month free for canceled customers, they will see a good polished patch, not loads of bugs.

unreal
13-10-06, 14:15
Yeah. The last free time was only a couple of weeks, and it was made a large failure by several problems appearing and having to do several rollbacks over a few days. Even more, only existing NC2 accounts could take advantage of it.

In other words, most of the bitter people who have already quit the game would be getting the free time. Why not aim this offer at new customers this time round? Let them sign up with the default amount of playing time for their account, and add a month on to their subscription?

There needs to be a bit of encouragement for new customers to play the game and not just existing expired ones.

neai
13-10-06, 15:57
In other words, most of the bitter people who have already quit the game would be getting the free time. Why not aim this offer at new customers this time round?
Good idea. Retired players usually know the game mechanics, world and bugs inside out already, and they like to complain a lot.

The 2.2 release party free week(s) could be limited to new accounts only. This way retired players will still be able to check it for free, but they wont have their uber capped characters and riches. They'll have to spend couple days levelling and familiarizing themselves with new low and mid-lvl stuff, not just couple top-lvl items. Free game time for new subscribers would be a great incentive to join.

Test server is a different matter though. Knowing the game inside out and being communicative makes you a very good beta tester. That's what retired players are. They're not going to pay for beta-testing the game though, it's usually the other way around. We could give them free access to test-server and use them to create a nice bugs database. The more of them join and the more bug reports they send, the better! Bigger op fights, pvm teams, pops more similar to retail servers. To promote real testing, on 2.2 release the top 10 most useful beta testers could be rewarded with some fancy account-linked ingame medal, top 3 could receive free game time. If skillpoints/items/etc were available for free from npc's, server reset/rollback/whatever every day or couple wouldn't be a problem.