PDA

View Full Version : DarkFall: Discussion -

Pantho
10-10-06, 15:38
If you want a link google it :p -

Any1 heard much about this game,

I can honestly say it has my interest-

As far as i can tell its a Elf fairy game with Magic, Swords and Bow and arrows, set in a distance land without Technology.

But it does use LOS and a Aiming reticle.

afaik this thread doesnt breach ToC , if does, edit plz nid

Apocalypsox
10-10-06, 16:08
It looks good to me and has my interest since Glok mentioned Pirates in the last thread. twilight war still maintains more of my interest though.

Pantho
10-10-06, 17:32
It looks good to me and has my interest since Glok mentioned Pirates in the last thread. twilight war still maintains more of my interest though.
Ive not looked into Twilight war,

Ill go google it - Yea my last thread got Mod'd :) -

But hmm Yea, Pirates, you can live on the see and raid other peoples boats

silent000
10-10-06, 17:37
Ive not looked into Twilight war,

Ill go google it - Yea my last thread got Mod'd :) -

But hmm Yea, Pirates, you can live on the see and raid other peoples boats

Theres a game where u can be a fuking Pirate! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Good Bye NC!

Pantho
10-10-06, 17:42
Theres a game where u can be a fuking Pirate! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Good Bye NC!

lol---

Glok
10-10-06, 20:09
PIRATES? WHERE? SHIT!

MAN OVERBOARD!

*drowns*

StevenJ
10-10-06, 20:47
Me and Silent000 are currently duking it out for Captain rights on the pirate game... (But I think it looks a bit hmm... shit?)

silent000
10-10-06, 21:10
Me and Silent000 are currently duking it out for Captain rights on the pirate game... (But I think it looks a bit hmm... shit?)

KOSd!

StevenJ
10-10-06, 21:13
KOSd!

Kill ME this month, outside of NF, and I'll give you 6M :)

SorkZmok
10-10-06, 22:02
The first game that got pirates in it and needs some sort of aiming like nc got me for life.

YARR!

RogerRamjet
11-10-06, 01:11
The first game that got pirates in it and needs some sort of aiming like nc got me for life.

YARR!

Quoted for truth.

ROZZER187
11-10-06, 01:18

i haven't heard anything in a long time about twilight war, whats happening with it?

Pantho
11-10-06, 01:19

YARR!

It has aiming like NC and LoS for magic spells and what not...

I killed Silent000 today, but he didnt have 5m tbh :p

jini
11-10-06, 11:31
Quoted for truth.
triple quoted tbh.

Glok
11-10-06, 14:18
No safe zones = bookmarked and waiting for beta. :)

Apocalypsox
11-10-06, 16:38
i haven't heard anything in a long time about twilight war, whats happening with it?

TW got bought out by General computers and moved to china, but there still going to release it on the market over here. The china team has just been getting familiar with things but they pushed the release date back to 1st quarter 07.

www.twilightwarhq.com to keep up with shit, thats where everything is happening these days.

Pantho
11-10-06, 16:39
TW got bought out by General computers and moved to china, but there still going to release it on the market over here. The china team has just been getting familiar with things but they pushed the release date back to 1st quarter 07.

www.twilightwarhq.com to keep up with shit, thats where everything is happening these days.

Now Now, apoc, thats advertising -

http://forums.darkfallonline.com/

lol

No Style
11-10-06, 17:32
When visiting the DF Forums the first time, I lost a good portion of interest in the game.
They are a horrid place.

NiMBle
11-10-06, 18:01
Darkfall idea is cool, graphics look bad. The fact you lose EVERYTHING when you die seems a bit dodgy, so everything must be so damn easy to get - doesnt sound like an MMORPG, more like a log on for 30 mins and slaughter as many people as you can kind of game.

Twilight War looks ownage, the trailer is awesome and the angle that it takes on the Cyberpunk genre is sweet. Been waiting for it for too long though.

Conflict Omega looks pretty promising, as does Huxley (which tbh looks the bizzle)

Terayon
11-10-06, 18:56
"The art staff has also been working hard since the appointment of Ms. Yang Li as Art Director in March. They have produced a good quantity of assets in their own vision, a style very different from what has been previously released for Twilight War, but still very much in the spirit of the game. However, the art style was so different that we thought it best to hold off on any new screenshots for a couple of months, until the team can blend their new art with the existing art to show a more representative picture of what the final game is supposed to be like."

For some reason when i read that I was very sad. No good mmorpg's ever come out of that corner of the world.

silent000
11-10-06, 19:18
Darkfall idea is cool, graphics look bad. The fact you lose EVERYTHING when you die seems a bit dodgy, so everything must be so damn easy to get - doesnt sound like an MMORPG, more like a log on for 30 mins and slaughter as many people as you can kind of game.

Twilight War looks ownage, the trailer is awesome and the angle that it takes on the Cyberpunk genre is sweet. Been waiting for it for too long though.

Conflict Omega looks pretty promising, as does Huxley (which tbh looks the bizzle)

OoOoOo i didnt know u loose EVERYTHING when u die, this is my sort of game as i also play Ultima Online which imo pwnz joo

Strife
14-10-06, 03:37
I'm f'ing stoked. I can't wait to play. A lot of great aspects from UO, and it seems the old UO community is coming back to settle in this game. Should be a blast if you're a PvP lover.

Hopefully the "anti's" balance it out.

Richard Slade
14-10-06, 03:46
Both games will most likely suck

DF?
It has elves, nuff said

TW?
That engine...*shudders*

Strife
14-10-06, 03:50

DF?
It has elves, nuff said

TW?
That engine...*shudders*
heh, I haven't touched a fantasy game in a long time. I think i'm at that point where i'm "eww, laser/assault rifle/plasma gun combat"

Apocalypsox
14-10-06, 04:27

DF?
It has elves, nuff said

TW?
That engine...*shudders*

Nuthin wrong with using the source engine in zones that come together to make a 1000km grid at release only to be expanded on throughout its development.

jini
14-10-06, 06:01

DF idea is old. Older than 7 years actually. I have seen rumours of it that go as back as 1999. After all those elves & dragons mmorgs out what more does a game like DF has to add? Back then it was innovation, now...
Furthermore it's not even on beta at all, therefore, little details like what will happen when you die have little importance overall.
Pirate games like PoTBS and the like yes. These are new. New kind, historical accurate, good graphics and probably balanced pvp, that wont suffer from netlag, since ships with sails move slowly ;)

And, Pantho delete this awful sig of that game, it's not nice to post in those forums with it mate...

giga191
17-10-06, 21:45
i've read thru all their planned rulesets, imo they have everything covered and there's nothing that i don't agree with.