PDA

View Full Version : Old Discussion .. New 'Likelihood'

Glok
09-10-06, 23:26
Ok so we are closer to the apocalypse... :D

The discussion was, Where on Earth is the NC2 landscape?

My take:

Military base: Dijon, France
Dome of York: Stuttgart, Germany
Regant's Legacy: Geneva, Switzerland (lol)
Tech Haven: Bern, Switzerland (slight geographical mismatch.. blame tectonics or relocation.. :p)
Neocron City: Milan, Italy

Apocalypsox
09-10-06, 23:55
hey you bastard you forgot about the US...

Or you think im just gonna go and die peacefully when a nuke hits the chemical depot and a plutonium plant less than 50 miles away from my house?

CAuse tbh TH should totally be the facility they drilled into the mountain in montana or whatever.

Glok
09-10-06, 23:57
Well the rockies run north-south.. NC 'mountains' run east-west from TH to TG canyon...

edit:
CAuse tbh TH should totally be the facility they drilled into the mountain in montana or whatever.NORAD you mean? America is at a bit of a disadvantage here... in the event of apocalypse there are gonna be a LOT of nukes coming our way cause we are teh evil empire. :o

Apocalypsox
09-10-06, 23:59
herm...good point....still its a god damn military facility in drilled into a fucking rock...tahts where id go if a nuclear war started.

Diabolism
10-10-06, 00:01
id go in my shed

CMaster
10-10-06, 00:03
Whatever continent that NC is set in is distinctly changed from the ones we know - which is mighty impressive for just a few hundered years. Presumably however, we are dealing with either one of the americas or europe as the populace is largley white. Beyond that - presumably there should actually be enough information in the Ceres disks to work it out, but its not really of any import to the people who live now.

Glok
10-10-06, 00:10
A few hundred years... I bet that's just memory loss or something. No way we would have things like grims and monks and swamp shamans in that time. Maybe the year is 2750ishAR (Anno Regant) :D

Diabolism
10-10-06, 00:17
mutated beasties thats what they are

CMaster
10-10-06, 00:23
Glok's point is that mutation, especially into a disticntly new species takes substantially longer than that, at least for any eukaryote.

My point was that even triggered by huge nuclear explosions, major geolgocial changes take even longer.

Diabolism
10-10-06, 00:24
aye, but these are super duper fast evolving beasties

and maybe the nuclear explosions threw the magnetic field outa whack or some stupid shit like that, so the compass is wrong, so this could be a place we know, just not in the 'normal' direction we see it on maps

or maybe, just maybe, its a fictional game :p

Glok
10-10-06, 00:29
or maybe, just maybe, its a fictional game :pCould be... :lol:

edit: Anyone got any more location suppositions? I was too lazy to take Google Earth down to the scale NC actually is (10s of kilometers square rather than thousands)

Diabolism
10-10-06, 00:36
i reckon, its somewhere in holland, cos obviously with all those mountains it has to be

but a serious suggestion, somewhere like turkey would provide the mountains and sand, and some of the greenness, but i guess doesnt have enough greenness to supply for the rest of the map, hmmm

RogerRamjet
10-10-06, 00:53
I always imagined Neocron city to be somewhere in Western Europe, maybe even Germany itself.

Pantho
10-10-06, 01:01
I always imagined Neocron city to be somewhere in Western Europe, maybe even Germany itself.

Possibly Hosted on Some1's Laptop, the whole 4 servers in KK;s HQ, Proberly a piece of spyware...

Glok
10-10-06, 01:06
Possibly Hosted on Some1's Laptop, the whole 4 servers in KK;s HQ, Proberly a piece of spyware...*smack*

Unless KK's HQ has a mountain range, desert, swamp, and grassy plains... :lol:

Faid
10-10-06, 02:05
hey you bastard you forgot about the US...

Its on the other side of the ocean unaffected by the nuclear contamination :D

Marx
10-10-06, 02:15
herm...good point....still its a god damn military facility in drilled into a fucking rock...tahts where id go if a nuclear war started.

It's a good place to go if you wanted to die - NORAD wouldn't survive a direct hit from any sort of conventional nuclear munition. It was built in the days when bombers and shorter range missiles were the platforms for nuclear delivery, platforms that could easily be destroyed by NIKE missiles and other defensive measures. It's too shallow.

Apocalypsox
10-10-06, 02:20
so? around here its the best damn defence we got...and with all the plutoinium plants and things around here they wouldnt throw a nuke directly at NORAD, it would be somewhere in the middle of all the plants so they would all exlpode and spread the extra radiation around in a nice unhealthy dosage.

Glok
10-10-06, 02:23
NORAD would be a target for sure... afaik it was built to withstand a nuclear blast but not an hbomb nuclear blast.

Marx?? Whoa dude. Where did you come from?? 8|

Marx
10-10-06, 02:27
so? around here its the best damn defence we got...and with all the plutoinium plants and things around here they wouldnt throw a nuke directly at NORAD, it would be somewhere in the middle of all the plants so they would all exlpode and spread the extra radiation around in a nice unhealthy dosage.

The purpose of nuclear weapons isn't to obliterate the population, it's to destory the military backbone of the target country - if one looks at the old FEMA maps that show former Soviet targets, more missiles would hit the central US than any other region. Why? To destory our nuclear facilities before we can launch ours. NORAD would certainly be destroyed in the initial wave since it houses the brainpower and computer might that runs both the Strategic Air Command and Space Command, the primary purpose of both of which is missile defense. Secondary command sites would also, without doubt, be destroyed in the initial wave.

Just remember, after you launch the missiles - you're not going to chill in your presidential palace, eat some Hot Pockets, and go ratting in Eve. You launch a ground offensive to try and take the land that you just pacified.

There are better facilities than NORAD, many that have been made to survive near-direct hits with current day nuclear munitions.

Forget My Name
10-10-06, 02:38
This has been asked years ago, and I remember someone actually taking a map of Europe, or a small map of Europe, I forget, and proving the locations of the game on the map.

Glok
10-10-06, 02:39
This has been asked years ago, and I remember someone actually taking a map of Europe, or a small map of Europe, I forget, and proving the locations of the game on the map.It was a map of south England afair, playing on the use of the name 'York.'

Darq[Terra]
10-10-06, 03:01
Realistically, the NC gameworld takes place in a very small area of land, so pinpointing it would be near impossible. I mean, from one end to the other, you can drive across in a vehicle in well under an hour, and that includes slowing to avoid waterways, structures, camps, etc. You could fit all of the NC world into Luxembourg and still have room to grow.

Pantho
10-10-06, 03:14
']Realistically, the NC gameworld takes place in a very small area of land, so pinpointing it would be near impossible. I mean, from one end to the other, you can drive across in a vehicle in well under an hour, and that includes slowing to avoid waterways, structures, camps, etc. You could fit all of the NC world into Luxembourg and still have room to grow.

#One hour RL time - Ingame time is abit diff there aint it-

Also whats the speed, or your vehicle... Hovertech, err WTF speed is that lol.

There is an official scale.

Infact using the Navray Metres, you could technically do a MPH estimate

NAPPER
10-10-06, 03:52
j10 my bedroom o_O

ROZZER187
11-10-06, 01:26
why j10?

NAPPER
11-10-06, 01:28
why j10?

cos of the droms look alot like my x girl friends

ROZZER187
11-10-06, 01:29
lol (the message you have entered is too short)

Glok
11-10-06, 01:40
Infact using the Navray Metres, you could technically do a MPH estimateDo that on foot... you'll never complain about runspeed again. :lol: