PDA

View Full Version : After 2.2, will we get...?

Clive tombstone
09-10-06, 20:54
I was always wondering, when are we gonna get some new places to explore? And I dont mean more dungeons (but those ARE fun still) I mean like new areas and out door experiances! I know that theyre is a limit to where we can go but will we ever see some places that are accross the ocean or in space? or even the Mythical Neotokyo? How many years are we gonna wait for that?

Fero
09-10-06, 21:13
Clive ... mate .... lets hope there will be NC after 2.2.
Give it a rest for now ... there is no human power in KK to spare on NC to do what you request. For some reason i am having doubts about getting test server this month as it was promissed.

Clive tombstone
09-10-06, 21:25
*sigh* I know, I know, just its been my hope to see some new terrain for "some time now". I know that NC is having a little turbulance, but my hopes are still there for NC. Its a great game, and Ill never change that opinion ever.

ZoVoS
09-10-06, 22:49

init

ye mun

nobby
09-10-06, 23:10
I'll be honest, I've given up on the whole "2.2"
that was back in December... :(

I also belive that it'll just be a lot of changes to what char type has which lvls...also monks getting an aiming reticule.

I highly doubt personally that I'm gonna be wow'd by this.

I was actually excited 1st when they said they were gonna remodel all the NPC's...

A balancing of weapons doesn't particularly interest me.

Sorry for sounding a cunt

Apocalypsox
10-10-06, 00:01
i was excited about the models too nobby...and vehicle remodeling and new physics..

Diabolism
10-10-06, 00:28

just what i was going to say, long live sarcasm

Pantho
10-10-06, 01:02
Nobby, I wants those things as well, but a PVP based game is nothing, when a Team of 2 monks can take out a Team of 3-4 players because no PPU is with them

sanityislost
10-10-06, 03:20
Im sorry but i will say it again.

yes this game rocks, it always has but it will never be what it used to be.
By that i mean in fun or player pops.

This is what will happen.

nc 2.2 will come out and players will come back to see if something good has
happened which will only last for a month or two. after that your going to be
back to only a few players dreaming about neocron 1 in beta. KK will start
talking about nc 2.3 and you will be back where you started, dreaming about
things that will never happen and a player base that will only last 2 months.

Neocron is a drug, but at some point you need to realise your only paying to
be kicked in the balls over and over.

SiL ..:..

Pantho
10-10-06, 03:32
Im sorry but i will say it again.

yes this game rocks, it always has but it will never be what it used to be.
By that i mean in fun or player pops.

This is what will happen.

nc 2.2 will come out and players will come back to see if something good has
happened which will only last for a month or two. after that your going to be
back to only a few players dreaming about neocron 1 in beta. KK will start
talking about nc 2.3 and you will be back where you started, dreaming about
things that will never happen and a player base that will only last 2 months.

Neocron is a drug, but at some point you need to realise your only paying to
be kicked in the balls over and over.

We are just waiting for Sil , to lose intrest in the WoW thing, and give into drugs :p -

Dark Fall looks good btw, May be my second MMO, Ive tried loads, only liked NC, But a Fairy Tale game with elfs Swords, Bows that uses LOS and Aiming sounds fun

NAPPER
10-10-06, 03:44
When 2.2 comes about in another 2 to 3 months after the test server then it will take about 1 to 2 months to think of something else then again about 6 months for that to come out by this time if 2.2 is all its cracked up to be neocron will lose even more players.

sanityislost
10-10-06, 03:54
We are just waiting for Sil , to lose intrest in the WoW thing, and give into drugs :p -

Dark Fall looks good btw, May be my second MMO, Ive tried loads, only liked NC, But a Fairy Tale game with elfs Swords, Bows that uses LOS and Aiming sounds fun

lol i was just in nc, had another lil fight with a certain lady from FA
(wasnt my fault this time honest lol)

NAPPER
10-10-06, 03:56
lol i was just in nc, had another lil fight with a certain lady from FA
(wasnt my fault this time honest lol)

Was it a nice little family in the fa sector ??????

sanityislost
10-10-06, 04:00
more of her bitching about a biotech clan who are ftw lol
and me trying to explain why they attack her ops :p

tbh can you guys just do me a favor, and make sure they never hold an op again? thanx in advance!

Riddle
10-10-06, 12:13
2.1 Brought with it a renewed sense of direction and development it was an exiting time! Populations where up, we had new shit to use and admire, Op wars where crazy in numbers with bombers, rhinos etc. the map was a WAR!!:D

But after the honeymoon it all slowed down again....and tbh when was the last patch?

Months have dragged by with the balancing forum becoming of less and less interest to most.

Is it a pipedream?

After 2.2 will we get more broken promises and less population?

unreal
10-10-06, 12:36
There needs to be some sort of scheme set up that encourages people who have quit to come back. Problem is, nearly all of the reasons why people have quit still exist, so I'm not sure what could entice people back apart from free playing time and a regular supply of good prized events.

Maybe giving everyone a clean slate in regards to account/forum bans/warnings at the beginning of 2007 (or even better, when the test server arrives, to encourage people to take part in the testing, but that'll probably be 2007 anyway. :()? As we've seen the people who are banned and still want to play have just got second accounts, and have generally cleaned their act up, why let the original account go to waste?

Louiscypher
10-10-06, 12:53
A permaban is usualy a punishment for doing something VERY bad.
General amnesty would be like saying it's okay to do those things.

unreal
10-10-06, 12:58
[removed] It's not exactly saying "oh, you can carry on doing that", but most of the placed bans are so old, and Neocron is in extreme need of a population increase.

Strife
10-10-06, 13:11
You can put wallpaper up over the holes in the wall, but the holes are still a problem.

Dominus
10-10-06, 18:01
A new engine would be nice. They can be bought so damn cheaply these days.

Pantho
10-10-06, 18:12
A new engine would be nice. They can be bought so damn cheaply these days.

but the work needed cannot *_*

Clobber
10-10-06, 18:36
A permaban is usualy a punishment for doing something VERY bad.
General amnesty would be like saying it's okay to do those things.

People have been perma banned for the daftest of things in the past.

Unless KK can get old customers back this game has no future.

Nidhogg
10-10-06, 19:42
We had an amnesty once and I can tell you now that it won't happen again.

2.2 will come out and there will be people who like it and people who don't. We're not foolish enough to believe that there will ever be a one-size-fits-all game but we're hoping that a lot of the quirks that previously got in the way of people inventing more varied, non-cookie-cutter setups will be washed away. This should lead to more interesting gameplay and will hopefully draw some of our past customers back as well as tap into that vast potential of MMO players who haven't tried us in the past.

We won't be opening our arms to the kind of people who just want to make others quit though.

N