PDA

View Full Version : Hacker Questions

Katsury
08-10-06, 23:14
I'm pretty much as new as it gets to the game. I've just started a trial account and I've been reading the manual and game info lately and I've decided to become a hacker. I was wondering what would be the best skills to level up to become mainly a hacker but I would also like to become proficient with Pistol weapons as well as the skills to be able to make my own items. How do I go about being good at these things?

Darkana
08-10-06, 23:58
All in one package :) Well, to actually build items you need CST (construction) skill, for hacking you need HCK (hack) skill, and for your pistols you need a bit WEP (weaponlore), although that is not really necessary. If you want to level with pistols, you can raise your HCK and CST on the way up. Keep in mind that making high quality weapons requires your CST skill, INT and DEX abilities to be high as well, which won't be the case at lower levels. But don't worry too much about it.

I would strongly suggest you check out the Player Guides (http://neocron.jafc.de/forumdisplay.php?f=168) subsection here, it will at least give you a rough idea what to expect in the game.

Anyway, have fun with Neocron and don't hesitate to use the HELP channel, if you have questions. To do so, press F1, click on CUSTOM, then scroll the list on the right down and click on the second last entry. Make sure you don't click the X away left of the entry, otherwise you won't hear what others answer to your question(s).

:)

coyo7e
09-10-06, 06:03
One thing that I had absolutely NO clue about, and noone has posted in any guide which I'vebeen able to find.. Was about the "HELP" channel, and communication in general..

In short, the F1 key opens up the list of comm channels you want to listen to, by putting a little "x" in the box next to each channel name. In addition, clicking the channel name and NOT the box, will make your chat default to that channel.

Took me about 7 hours of playing to find someone in a newbie area within range of my LOCAL chat, who was able to help me figure this out!

PS: Hacking is kinda complicated. Pretty fun though, I think my infiltrator is slowly moving toward becoming a seriously 1337 H4><0r2!

silent000
09-10-06, 10:55
I myself have a fully pistol combat SPY which hacks at the soft cap level for OPs and such, but i cannot spare any points in construction, maybe u can find a decent setup

yuuki
09-10-06, 13:44
sadly atm it's pretty much impossible to make a hacker and be good in anything else. a hacknet hacker needs all int points in hack and about all dex points in tech combat, tho most spare like 50 agility to be a lil bit faster. you need to skill xray resist, which will help you nothing outside of hacknet as the spy pa gives plenty of xray resist.

oh and you need to be a spy btw, pes lack the int and monks the dex to become competitive hackers.

to be honest if you're new to the game better play something else as hacknet is pretty boring and you won't meet many ppl in there either.