PDA

View Full Version : [OT] Ways to save and help Neocron.

kane
02-10-06, 19:26
First off sorry for my bad english ;)

Neocron infact has been getting a bit better pop. But not near what it should or want.

Take WoW for example totaly diffrent games marketing one biggest game companys so I'm saying of course it will never be WoW.

But we could help out more. Start something like anarchy online did. a ark program. Where we could help new players (when someone makes a new account and makes there first char) a ark when online will have list of new account with first char and go meet this person and ask if they need any help (none money/items) but advice and such.

Also we could take this in our hands and so far impressed with the many people out there who have helped new and old players returning to the game. We know a lot old players who left before nc2 kind of lost a lot maybe quiting when they died and having many items left in there gogo apts and inv. So people even helping them out some cheap implants there and here free construction and such is helping a lot these players.

Out side the game is a big thing.

We need to publish more movies trailers and such for the game. Cool stuff edit it make like some these funny WoW movies like the Lerroy crap and so on. I think movies on google video utube and so on is one best ways for people who like browsing the net at watching movies. (make sure include nc website in the movie)

Also adding banners to ur blogs and screenshots to ur blog helps a lot. Yes ur personal blog you don't even have to say you play just added a image url or a text url. Add banners a and link urls to ur sites guild sites yes thats right even if its a personal guild with closed forums. Google will get it sometime and that just means a few people will get a text search go to ur site see this banner and be like cool and click!!!!

One thing devs could help a lot is have more smaller updates around. Update game once a week add more social type of items. for holidays special days on the calander or even just neat things that dont effect the game but ur looks. Also the mini updates weekly or every 2 weeks will help add more updates to sites like mmorpg. Yes everytime you do a update people like me will send in a update to mmorpg and they will publish saying theres new update things add and such.

Anyways I have shitty english sorry but heres some ideas I had. I will be starting up free guild forum and web hosting soon for all necron players. All there will be simple image at the bottom or top the forums with url to neocron site.

IF anyone has more ideas please pitch them in..

Again my english bad no need post and be an ass ur suppose be 18+ in the first place to be here as act it >.<

nobby
02-10-06, 20:01
Well...they could do an "Recruit a buddy" program...

or a "become an affiliate" and be rewarded with paying people you bring to the game ?

unreal
02-10-06, 20:02
I think one of the best and easiest improvements for newbies can be done in seconds by Reakktor.

Making store-bought weapons (not passive spells, they deserve to be built as they're used constantly by all players - so this will only apply to things that are aggressive) below say TL35 or TL40 usable by having at least 105% on all stats and increase the chance of slots considerably.

This would make it easier for all people starting out with a new character. Constructers and Researchers will still be required for adding mods to those weapons, and for when those runners get to the more higher TL weapons. Most people can never be bothered to run around for a random newbie just to research a lone item a few times. There's not much profit involved for the time spent arsing around.

Taking the item stats into account, APU spells should probably be left as they are, until balancing at least (although it probably won't change much in that respect - appears to be worse). APU's already have way too much of an advantage in regards to damage output and not needing to carry round extremely heavy forms of ammunition. They can earn money and level up very fast and don't have the same problems as runners using non-magical weaponry.

kane
02-10-06, 20:42
I think one of the best and easiest improvements for newbies can be done in seconds by Reakktor.

Making store-bought weapons (not passive spells, they deserve to be built as they're used constantly by all players - so this will only apply to things that are aggressive) below say TL35 or TL40 usable by having at least 105% on all stats and increase the chance of slots considerably.

This would make it easier for all people starting out with a new character. Constructers and Researchers will still be required for adding mods to those weapons, and for when those runners get to the more higher TL weapons. Most people can never be bothered to run around for a random newbie just to research a lone item a few times. There's not much profit involved for the time spent arsing around.

Taking the item stats into account, APU spells should probably be left as they are, until balancing at least (although it probably won't change much in that respect - appears to be worse). APU's already have way too much of an advantage in regards to damage output and not needing to carry round extremely heavy forms of ammunition. They can earn money and level up very fast and don't have the same problems as runners using non-magical weaponry.

this is more on us not the company. I think you know why :( It's time we players try to solve the matter our selfs.

Bishop Yutani
02-10-06, 22:20
IMO, there's really not that much different between NC and WoW besides implementation and setting.

That aside, it's a great move to start pushing neocron through banners, screenshots and videos. I'm sure it will get people interested in the game.

To me, the problem is keeping the players, not attracting them to the game. Being that there arent that many MMO's out there, much less FPSs, much much less cyberpunk themed ones, the people that have the potential to be interested have problably already read about the problems or expereienced them for themselves.

LiL T
02-10-06, 22:35
Well they could offer a buddy thing to get more people blah blah..

NO

That does not help, instead how about they stick to what they know and get this game back to what it was meant to be, dark nasty world after being nuked etc yeah. Not all this PVE driving shit, they are trying to push thats just not working, well i agree the game should have more things to do apart from PVP. But they should not have carebeared it all in the process and then provided a shit PVE experence and I'm on about the LE, safe zones, safe slots , massive SL loss for killing enemys in caves.

Tell me when was the last time they ever gave to the PVPers eh?

Now you might understand why so many are leaving all the time, people who like to pvp have no targets so they switch to kill anyone and then they must do some bullshit thing to fix it. It gets boring fast and the PVE side of things if you fancy a break from PVP is really boring and totaly not a challenge. Sorry if i'm comming across harsh but I have a right to opinion and quite frankly its not good enough.

end rant

LiL T
02-10-06, 22:42
Heres an idea that will bring more people back..

When someone cancels there account at the launcher screen, provide a feedback box, like ask why did you want to leave neocron, with some multi choice questions and a box to type in other reasons. There you go, problems sent to KK, they can then get a very good idea of the real problems in this game and ACT ! upon it.

Black Mamba
02-10-06, 22:58
i have to agree with lil t on this one. pvp has become boring, and for most people that is why they have left. for example a few months ago, you could just about manage to raid the city of neocron on a anti char. these days theres 10million cops everywhere. nc1 was the peak of this game, i highly doubt it will ever become that good again

unreal
03-10-06, 01:26
this is more on us not the company. I think you know why :( It's time we players try to solve the matter our selfs.Well that's the problem. There's only going to be a select few who carry on purposely sitting around researching and constructing stuff for newbies. There needs to be a helping hand from the beginning in regards to that sort of thing.

I myself got tired of helping out. I even spent several millions on a level 3 unfurnished Plaza 1 apartment to act as a newbie shop, plus several (about 12 I think, plus the 20 cabinets and a single goguardian) individual unfurnished level 3 Plaza 1 apartments at the same location to store each respective type of weapon, spell, implant, etc. The problem is, I got tired of switching to my tradeskiller character (Unreal) to run all the way back to the apartment, then hunt out the slotted item to give it to a random newbie. It just takes too long, and in the long run it just feels like I've wasted my time. Half those people have long since disappeared. Some of them haven taken the piss completely by deleting the character along with all the items and cash I gave them.

@Black Mamba: I reactivated my account again a couple of days ago and almost shat myself when I ran through Pepper Park 1 (GR'd there by mistake on my Pistol Spy :p) on my way to Plaza 1. Have they added more guards or something? I couldn't believe how many guards there were. Totally rediculous.

I almost died because I wasn't ready for the amount of guards. Managed to use my sexy Jones Stealth with 19% SI to get to the Plaza 1 zone line and unstealthed just next to a guard, then ended up being Para'd and hugging the pillars just after zoning through until my SI wore off, then legged it into the abandoned cellar.

Koshinn
03-10-06, 02:31
IMO, there's really not that much different between NC and WoW besides implementation and setting.

If by "implementation and setting" you mean...
graphics, gameplay, general philosophy of the game, server hardware, amount of money available to hire new staff when needed, frequent updates including fixes, rebalancing and content, a massive advertisment campaign and a very popular setting...
Then yes, you'd be correct.

The only three things similar I can think of between WoW and NC are that they're computer games, have a monthly fee, and are "MMO" (as in, no legal privately owned servers).

Apocalypsox
03-10-06, 02:40
the only thing that can save neocron is Paypal and mass advert whoring

solling
03-10-06, 08:45
it will never be WoW.

THANK god for that.

kane
03-10-06, 09:15
THANK god for that.

amen!

jini
03-10-06, 18:23
the only thing that can save neocron is Paypal and mass advert whoring
exactly.

It's about time for some decent and persistent advertising, and some decent way to pay.

Chimp
03-10-06, 19:03
KK couldnt come up with a marketing plan to save the world.. they had 1 or 2 articles in a magazine and it got shot down in flames.. and the no more elves thing, um how long did that last ?

FeeNiX
03-10-06, 21:54
Yeah the NME was a wasted chance to introduce people to the atmosphere and intrigue of the neocron enviroment, I was dissapointed in its missed chance to be a marketing tool.

Scanner Darkly
04-10-06, 23:03
KK couldnt come up with a marketing plan to save the world.. they had 1 or 2 articles in a magazine and it got shot down in flames.. and the no more elves thing, um how long did that last ?

Marketing is a bit tough on a budget of a thruppeny and a couple of flasher coat buttons.

Dominus
04-10-06, 23:11
Why don't they go open source MMO or at least encourage player development such as things like textures, models and maybe even bugfixes?

nobby
04-10-06, 23:13
they did have a "Modification" forum where people created nice textures like "Jungle copbots" and such which were nice to see.

Then KK disallowed them :(

I think the "Ding Dong" was the best !

Dominus
04-10-06, 23:20
they did have a "Modification" forum where people created nice textures like "Jungle copbots" and such which were nice to see.

Then KK disallowed them :(

I think the "Ding Dong" was the best !
Well, the issues with open development I can think of is copyright theft, and it also makes hacking a hell of a lot easier - But having the disfortune of a previous game being ruined by hacking (for a small time) it doesn't make a difference.

Neocron 3 could be nice if KK got their hands on... (http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Licensing_Valve_Technology)

nobby
04-10-06, 23:28
Kk would have to increase their monthly fee by... 30 times to afford that :p

Unless of course valve let them use the source engine for a high percentage of profits made by the game ?

Scanner Darkly
04-10-06, 23:36
Kk would have to increase their monthly fee by... 30 times to afford that :p

Unless of course valve let them use the source engine for a high percentage of profits made by the game ?

Even if we somehow blackmailed Valve into giving KK a free license to Source, the development costs of making NCX in a Source flavour would be titanic. One can only dream and what a dream it would be...