PDA

View Full Version : Come on already, KK, fix the combat wheeler car!

Heavyporker
30-09-06, 19:49
After trying yet again to see how usable the combat wheeler car was... I can safely say that except in eosteric circumstances, the combat wheeler car is about 30% useful ( 25% for simple transportation, 5% for when you can actually shoot and hit something other than yourself).

WHAT is wrong with you KK? Releasing such a hideously, ridiculously awkward item?!

I'm sorry, but fundamental changes must be made if the combat wheeler car is to be of any real use.

- Uncouple targeting from vehicle's orientation. Currently, this simply does not work at all for a ground vehicle. Anyone will tell you that the extremely tight firing direction of the Scorpion Trike tail gun made the secondary gunnery seat all but useless.

- Give the gunner the ability to determine elevation for the firing arc. This means he has some actual control over the weapon other than just 'click click click'.

I'm sorry, but deciding that "Hey, driver and gunner must work together perfectly to use car without dying from one misfired grenade" has completely and utterly flubbed in the case of the combat wheeler car.

I reiterate: Perfect harmony between driver and gunner might work for the hoverbomber, but it DOES NOT WORK AT ALL FOR THE COMBAT WHEELER CAR!

Roc-a-fella
30-09-06, 20:46
pork pork pork

yet another thread telling kk to do something

nobby
30-09-06, 20:54
He does have a point though about the suicidal piece of poo !

Apocalypsox
30-09-06, 21:07
all vehicles need a rework...and a remodeling if ya ask me. would be totally awsome to see a high poly rhino rollin round the wastelands. They need to do another theme 6months like they did for drones for vehicles. work all this shit in and fix the zoning bug.

Heavyporker
30-09-06, 21:49
Oh, no kidding. I'd love higher-resolution skins for the vehicles, especially the jeep since up close you can see how painfully low-res the skin is.

I love the look of the wheeler car, though, so I'm scared of any changes they might make to its appearance.

Having first-person view being able to be enabled inside a vehicle would COMPLETELY RULE, though... I mean, who hasn't shouted in joy when they bugged into first person view when they were in a jeep, bike, or the car?

Apocalypsox
30-09-06, 23:21
dunno but i wish that there was a more complicated control system for gliders...so instead of having to nosedive an assualt glider to hit ur target...you could say set an auto-pilot system to stay on its course, and then have the gun enabled so you could actaully shoot something. or make the assualt gliders rockets AoE. :angel: we can dream eh?

ROZZER187
30-09-06, 23:46
and on top of all that fix the rubber band effect that people always get when they use vehicles, I loved my quad but for some reason I just cant use it anymore.

Ive been stuck on a zone before and asked for a gm to help me move my vehicle into the next zone, the reply i got was relog.I was told that the rubber band effect is caused by a bad log in................yeah right 8+ relogs and still no luck

Heavyporker
01-10-06, 00:06
re: Apocalypsox: AoE rockets for the Gliders sound sweet, certainly, but unless they had wide area of effect, they'd still be as difficult to use as they are currently. Being able to aim the glider's weapon WITHOUT changing the glider's orientation is what's most crucial to their usability in air versus ground.

ROZZER187
01-10-06, 00:14
true but i would kinda feel like a kamikaze pilot having to nosedive to kill something. never had the chance to fly a glider coz of all the bugs :(

oh and LOL at the forums, i see more guests than users

Clive tombstone
01-10-06, 00:39
Aint it the friggin trueth though. Me and HP, and all the other avid vehicle users been sayin it for years. even more soo thing the development of the Gliders. Honestly they need some serious work.

The suicide car is an excellent start as far as improvements and desperate fixes go. The firing ark needs to be adjustable, the firing distance needs to be increased. I mean, I think the idea of this car was originally ment to be some form of light artillary.

But meh, I'd be nice if these things get fixed in the comming months, but I feel more "pressing" matters will be addressed first, whatever those are :p

PEace out

Apocalypsox
01-10-06, 01:44
true but i would kinda feel like a kamikaze pilot having to nosedive to kill something. never had the chance to fly a glider coz of all the bugs :(

GASP! You would NEVER USE AN ASSUALT GLIDER FOR KAMIKAZE RUNS!

thats what scout gliders are for

Glok
01-10-06, 02:36
...so instead of having to nosedive an assualt glider to hit ur target...That's how they work?? In my world that's awesome! I think I finally found a reason to make a vehicle char. Divebomb comin' atcha bitch! :angel:

nobby
01-10-06, 04:02
Problem is though, gliders fly faster than missles...

so you'll end up blowing yourself up probably... :p

Pantho
01-10-06, 04:58
Not all the gliders nobby -

Vehicles are getting a rework in the Balance btw, rumours of Collision dmg..

So instead of flying your glider into a invislbe "BOOM" wall, Its your Revler :@)

Heavyporker
01-10-06, 05:12
I swear... if vehicles are to have collision damage, then runners better fucking get assloads of force damage from being hit by vehicles.

And crashing a glider into the ground better do massive Force AoE!

NAPPER
01-10-06, 05:27
I swear... if vehicles are to have collision damage, then runners better fucking get assloads of force damage from being hit by vehicles.

And crashing a glider into the ground better do massive Force AoE!

i thought the vehicles give you force anyway ????

Apocalypsox
01-10-06, 05:38
That's how they work?? In my world that's awesome! I think I finally found a reason to make a vehicle char. Divebomb comin' atcha bitch! :angel:

hehe. i used to have a tank bitch strapped to my ass in an advanced scout glider and wed divebomb at opwars. that was fun shit. the glider i was talkin about (standard assualt) is only a one seater though, with no AoE, so with the shitty view range and all that shit, you gotta be damn quick to aim to actually hit something and be able to pull up at the same time. its a great droner hunter though.

and i swear to fucking god if people start taking damage from getting hit by vehicles, i will buy scout gliders in bulk to use as missles.

Clive tombstone
01-10-06, 08:51
Id be nice if Parachutes were available also, that'd be nice for when you run into those damned Invisa walls I find ever so often in the sky.

Also, Honestly, Ive been thinking about it, for the "technology" that NC has in all its glory, what with space travel, and cryo-sleep, Why are we still farkin with vehicles that act soo inefficiantly? I mean, Hoverbikes that cant hover over water? Aircraft that take literal genious's to fly and still have impared movement systems? Cars with Dangerously fixed small grade artillary? Seems some part of those Ceres disks that the 21st century left behind got scratched if you ask me XD.

Btw, wheres those helicopters I see at the login screen? thats false advertisement.

nobby
01-10-06, 12:55
Could that be classed as false advertisment ?

I always wondered why they fished us in with those whirley Birds...

Kierz
04-10-06, 08:33
wtb vehcile theme weeks, i've seen so many people saying vhcs are the coolest thing about nc =]

Heavyporker
04-10-06, 14:41
Theme weeks... fuck. It'll only take one damn day to fix most of the shortcomings we see in vehicles (Readjust controls, change ammo types the vehicle uses for different targeting ability, etc). It has also been said that the issue of apcs/hovercarriers zoning has been fixed. *shrugs*

Scanner Darkly
04-10-06, 23:40
In it's current state it is a fabulously expensive suicide machine. So I guess it does have a purpose for the masochists among us :angel:

ROZZER187
04-10-06, 23:57
In it's current state it is a fabulously expensive suicide machine. So I guess it does have a purpose for the masochists among us :angel:

that and its red :lol:
btw you must be bored you posted in almost all the threads on here :p

Scanner Darkly
05-10-06, 00:13
Bored/tired/watching Sleepy Hollow, just chilling here since I can't muster the energy to dig up NC2 install and login.

But that doesn't help with Combat Wheeler of Death. I usually favour a nible explosive glider as my favourite mode of suic erm transport

SizZLeR
06-10-06, 13:22
About the combat wheeler which cant be used for canmbat, they really oughta exclude it from the fsm list until its fixed, its really crap to buy one and then afterwards experience that you've bought a pig in a poke. :(

The first person view from a vehicle can be obtained, well actuallly i only tried it out in the doy bomber, i simply set the view dist ctrl to 0, however it was far better to set it around 500 or so as the increased view dist made it easier to see what ur bomber guy were actually trying to bomb. :D

Higher poly models for the vehs would be really nice and it shdnt really give the GPU a hard time, only if they were like multiple vehs at the same time at the same place, which i dont think is gonna happen anytime soon anyways, by the time the populatin is huge enough, the GPUs will be so much further ahead in development so it wouldnt cause any trouble. :D

Brammers
06-10-06, 13:29
In Phoenix, the Combat wheeler is nicknamed the Red Clown Car, for obvious reasons.

And since the start of NC2 I've sold... only 2 of these! (And Heavyporker is one of those customers!)

RogerRamjet
06-10-06, 13:37
In Phoenix, the Combat wheeler is nicknamed the Red Clown Car, for obvious reasons.

And since the start of NC2 I've sold... only 2 of these! (And Heavyporker is one of those customers!)

I think you'll find its a noddy car.

ROZZER187
08-10-06, 00:58
I think you'll find its a noddy car.

lol yeah thats what we called it on uranus