PDA

View Full Version : Defcon !!!!

nobby
29-09-06, 18:53
Comes out in 8 minutes !

You can't buy it in the shops, download only- www.everybody-dies.com (http://www.everybody-dies.com)

Get it within the next 8 minutes for a fiver less :p

wooo !

aKe`cj
29-09-06, 19:03
advertising is bad, mkay

..anyone gonna try it? :)

james_finn
29-09-06, 19:10
actually nooby iirc its out in less than an hour - its 18:00 GMT so BST + 1:P

aKe`cj
29-09-06, 19:46
looks like their server died first :D

CMaster
29-09-06, 19:55
http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=135613

Anyway, I'm hardly suprised about the server death. The game has been getting a lot of viral hype. Still, I'll be getting my box soon so I don't have to worry.

CMaster
29-09-06, 20:02
Its 18:01 now according to my radio-controlled clock, and my key hasn't been emailed to me yet. I plan to complain loudly and repeatedly.
Or maybe just go get ready for this party I am going to soon.

rob444
30-09-06, 00:18
Going to try the game, will most likely not buy it. I'm pretty sure I'll grow tired of it in less than 48 hours.

nobby
30-09-06, 04:38
It's not bad tbh, but I feel bored of it already :(

Maybe I should go to sleep :p
I've been playing it since 7:00PM- it's now 3:38AM :lol:

aKe`cj
30-09-06, 09:49
It's not bad tbh, but I feel bored of it already :(

Would be a great freebie game ... too little content/diversity for making me buy it tho.

nobby
30-09-06, 17:50
I've found an exploit in the demo to make you have all the features of full paid ^^
:p

james_finn
30-09-06, 18:28
Nobby just support the devs please, whats the point in hacking or exploiting a £10 game. Come on they wont get enough money to work on their next title if people just hax it.

Also submit the exploit to introversion so it can be patched out.

/Delphi

rob444
30-09-06, 18:37
Registered=1 :p

nobby
30-09-06, 20:52
I've bought the game and the little thing came by suprise when I was hosting a game for my cousin :p

james_finn
30-09-06, 21:59
so if you found a way in neocron to make it give you 1 million ISK everytime you typed hello you'd just use the exploit?

Just submit a bug report to introversion, they'd be happy to know they could fix one of the loopholes.

CMaster
30-09-06, 22:34
so if you found a way in neocron to make it give you 1 million ISK everytime you typed hello you'd just use the exploit?

Just submit a bug report to introversion, they'd be happy to know they could fix one of the loopholes.

A bug in NC that gives you cash in EVE? Now that I'd like to see.

nobby
30-09-06, 22:46
I wasn't gonna say anything :p

nobby
01-10-06, 01:24
I'm Certainly having a good time with this game :p
As you can see from these screen shots !

Not one person is left alive in the UK and it's just a big green cloud...
however 3.5 million people in the whole of europe are still alive, but I doubt they'll live long :p

http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/5171/idestroyedeuropemo1.th.jpg (http://img100.imageshack.us/my.php?image=idestroyedeuropemo1.jpg)

http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/2605/hooyahly0.th.jpg (http://img90.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hooyahly0.jpg)

John Wu
01-10-06, 17:20
0 kills? this guy knew he was supposed to launch nukes on your cities, right? or did you tell this noob defcon is a train simulator?

nobby
01-10-06, 17:20
I made him download it and do the tutorial until he felt he was good enough to go against me...

doesn't mean i didn't stop them nukes he fired :p

Clive tombstone
01-10-06, 18:34
Honestly the game seemed a little horifying to me (I know its just a game) since it seemed like how this crap would actually unfural if all delegations went to the crapper, or even more so the effect of one thurmonuclear weapon on a single city...

Regardless Ill say this is a good strategy game at anything else, if not eye opening. The game is incredibly non-chelaunt (probably didnt spell that right) about how everything goes from the enemy units, to the Holocaustic death tolls that result of your attacks or failed attempts at defending.

all else I can say is to just try it.

nobby
01-10-06, 18:38
I must admit...

I felt...weird...not scared...but.. i dunno...

Seeing the end...how the world was pratically destroyed in 5 hours...

World war 3 could all happen while we sleep ...

NiMBle
01-10-06, 19:03
Honestly the game seemed a little horifying to me (I know its just a game) since it seemed like how this crap would actually unfural if all delegations went to the crapper, or even more so the effect of one thurmonuclear weapon on a single city...

Regardless Ill say this is a good strategy game at anything else, if not eye opening. The game is incredibly non-chelaunt (probably didnt spell that right) about how everything goes from the enemy units, to the Holocaustic death tolls that result of your attacks or failed attempts at defending.

all else I can say is to just try it.

I thought the worse thing was reading the effects of radiation on the bottom right, "Bleeding from the rectum" fuck that.

[ edited ]

CMaster
01-10-06, 19:21
Yeah, its strange. For some reason, just reading that little "Manchester hit. 4.6 million dead" is really disturbing, more than a graphic FMV of it would be. Then again, I've always been far too good at envisioning just how many people that kinda large-scale death means.

Clive tombstone
01-10-06, 20:09
You know its strange, I played a 1-1 recently, I decided though, I want to play with the people in mind. I played defencivly completely only launch my subs missles at opposing nuke stations, in the end I lost all my carriers, but I flattend my opponents navy. All of his sites were destroyed as well, with not one single one of my cities attacked, he was out of nukes towards the end of the game, and his air bases were flattend as well.Then it came to the fact that both our scores were still zero. I Knew that I wanted to win, but what Id be doing to win would be targeting completly defenceless cities and whipeing them off the planet.

Needless to say, I didnt do it, I with held my attacks on his cities, and non of my cities lost any people ether. I know its just a game, but Crikey, I just didnt have it in me. I dont think I really wanna play anymore.

nobby
01-10-06, 21:14
Good man :)

Apocalypsox
01-10-06, 21:38
Dum dum dummm...

nukes are quite scary. especially when you live by a chemical weapons depot and then one of the largest plutonium producing plants in the US...even though im not sure its producing weapons grade plutonium anymore...scares the shit outta me sometimes.

//edit Lol looked at the pics again, and i realised something.

Nobby you need to cut a peice off one of those pics and put it in your sig.

Game Over
Victory to Nobby

CMaster
01-10-06, 21:45
Just played a "bigworld" game with genocide rules.

*shudders*

nobby
01-10-06, 21:47
join my game !

ip = 172.200.244.61 : 5010

password - moomoo

CMaster
01-10-06, 21:49
Remove the password nobby. I can't enter a password if I enter the IP directly.
Nevermind, found it in the server browser.
Also. Owned Nobby. Very, very Owned. You have much to learn about destroying the world, young grasshopper.

nobby
01-10-06, 22:32
Careless thinking of me... :(

and 6 subs owned my map...

NiMBle
02-10-06, 11:03
I suck at it, always have at these style games. So what? move my subs in closer, wait for their launches, nuke their silos via subs then use my silos to flatten russia? :)

CMaster
02-10-06, 11:12
I suck at it, always have at these style games. So what? move my subs in closer, wait for their launches, nuke their silos via subs then use my silos to flatten russia? :)
#
Completely depends on who you are playing and how the game is going. Don't bother launching ICBMs at someone with all their silos on air defene though, unless you have spotted a weakness. Sub groups are very very powerful if you can keep them alive. If the other guy goes for a "launch everything" then having some subs in position to flatten his silos while you sit back in defence works great, as you cna then turn around and shred them after the bombardment is over.

NiMBle
02-10-06, 11:41
fair enough - my navy always gets flattened also, like instantly.

Tis fun game though, worth buying it? I mean is there alot more u can do?

Brammers
02-10-06, 12:05
Hmm, my first game against the CPU, I got nuked badly since I used my Silo's too early.

I expect I will be challenging a few people later this week, looking at my MSN list!

LiL T
02-10-06, 22:03
This games ok, bit weird though kind of sad, had a few games against people, 2 games i totaly obliterated their country while defending my own. One other game some one who must have been playing alot totaly wiped me out and the key is the naval war. Once you beat them in the sea its too easy to win imo. Its kind of like a game of chess, waiting for them to make a mistake and I like that in a game, though makes it too easy for me. I played alot of chess in my teens :D it is rather scary at first seeing the nukes flying in a ballistic arc towards your enemy. Kind of brings out the shocking reality of the world we are living in, with all these country having ICBMS very spooky, will I buy it?

I don't think so well at the moment, maybe if they added to it a bit, like have to build nuclear power stations to start urainium (sp) inrichment to get weapons grade material etc. This game could have so much more added to it, which could make it a really good game but so far it look very well done.

So anyone up for a nuclear war vs me :D ?