PDA

View Full Version : [OT]Not Long Now.. REAL PA!

Glok
29-09-06, 10:59
Powersuit! (http://news.yahoo.com/s/space/20060928/sc_space/newpowersuitamplifieshumanstrength)

So how far away is the military version? :D

edith: Pic. ;)

http://www.livescience.com/images/060928_powersuit_diagram_02.jpg

rob444
29-09-06, 11:44
I want one now!1

Squish
29-09-06, 11:51
Nice one :)

The future is not far away ;)

Glok
29-09-06, 12:10
I want one now!1Same!

For a laugh check the comments on that article I linked to. Some people are... how do these people even know how to use a computer??

Apocalypsox
29-09-06, 16:00
lol...mount some nanofiber armor plates on it and ill buy it. mount a god damn mortar on the shoulder and just walk around powning stuff :angel:

Glok
29-09-06, 16:25
I love the expression on that girl's face.. she's thinking 'I could SO pwn you right now.' :lol:

silent000
29-09-06, 16:41
When she lets go off that weight shes gunna fall over backwards :P

Glok
29-09-06, 16:45
When she lets go off that weight shes gunna fall over backwards :PThe thing is self-balancing.. read the article you nib. :p

Forget My Name
29-09-06, 17:16
Someone posted the very same thing back in 2002 or 2003 about a power suit for people.

nice to see technology standing still.

The suit looked less like crap back then too.

Glok
29-09-06, 17:22
Wasn't that a mech? I remember it was basically a bot you could ride. The big feature was it could go up and down stairs carrying a human.

Forget My Name
29-09-06, 22:50
There was/is a mech yeah, but the one on the forums was a body suit.

Maybe when 2.2 comes out these real life pa's will be available for sale.

Zheo
29-09-06, 23:23
Seen it, seen movies too, also i heard they are working on a version that can run, and carry a tank's turret on it's back, spare turret anyone?

Pantho
29-09-06, 23:24
Wasn't that a mech? I remember it was basically a bot you could ride. The big feature was it could go up and down stairs carrying a human.

The one your refering to is a Different project and enebles Disable people to walk - Offer no enhencments to STR in arms, and is made for a different pruspose and by a different organisation... i think :/

ROZZER187
01-10-06, 00:12
says the battery only lasts 30mins on the suit though........guess its long enough to kill a drugged up guy using a crossbow :lol:

Scaramanga
01-10-06, 02:28
Maybe when 2.2 comes out these real life pa's will be available for sale.

Yes, they will come in handy when we're all living on Mars.

Toxen
01-10-06, 02:59
Military's version of a pa at the moment is a project involving adaptive nanotech rather than something as bulky as that.

Think millions of interlocked small units that lock extend change state based on various requirments and commands. Ie absorb the shock of an explosion or bullet strike and distribute it around the body, or if a fracture occurs it hardens into a cast, supports heavy lifting by reinforcing existing muscle.

That was talked about back in 2004, so probably theres several refined prototypes around. But cost alone would probably prevent them been used in mainstream military kits, much more likely to be spec ops, specially if they have stealthing abilities such as heat signature/noise reduction

Glok
01-10-06, 04:29
You mean nanosuits comprised of millions (billions?) of tiny machines? I don't think we are near that yet... unless the matrix is real and we are just living illusions. ;)

Pantho
01-10-06, 04:43
You mean nanosuits comprised of millions (billions?) of tiny machines? I don't think we are near that yet... unless the matrix is real and we are just living illusions. ;)

I agree, Nanotech is very basic atm -

i think he means like 1CM Square blocks, Possibly smaller... would like like a really expensive chainmale.

There is developments underway into Stealth tho -

a Prototype was shown publicy 2 years ago, Basically involoving a suit of mirrors and mini Camera's and screens, to project the image around you.

you could see them, just not easily. think AVP but harded.

-Edit, OK NanoMaterial is going to be used, with some Nanotechology, Didnt realise that we was so close to Nanotech ..http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=389357&in_page_id=1770

Also, Flight Stealth landings ftw

Toxen
01-10-06, 15:56
I agree, Nanotech is very basic atm -

i think he means like 1CM Square blocks, Possibly smaller... would like like a really expensive chainmale.

There is developments underway into Stealth tho -

a Prototype was shown publicy 2 years ago, Basically involoving a suit of mirrors and mini Camera's and screens, to project the image around you.

you could see them, just not easily. think AVP but harded.

-Edit, OK NanoMaterial is going to be used, with some Nanotechology, Didnt realise that we was so close to Nanotech ..http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=389357&in_page_id=1770

Also, Flight Stealth landings ftw

Common thing to rember, what ever's visible to the civilian public the US army probably has something more advanced in development by at least 2 decades.