PDA

View Full Version : noob question :)

Irxy
28-09-06, 17:41
Is it possible to exchange items between the characters of my account?

aKe`cj
28-09-06, 17:44
Добрый вечер!

only if you drop em somewhere and switch chars to pick it up again.
Not exactly a very secure way to do it tho.. best to find someone you can trust and let him hold onto the stuff for a minute.

Other than that, all chars in a clan have access to the clan-apps cabinets.. so you could get your chars in a clan and do it that way too.

/edith:

you must be the first russian nc player :p

Всего хорошего!

Brammers
28-09-06, 18:19
There is one more way, but there is a risk with this. Everywhere in the public areas, there are open boxes you can store things in. But be warned, other players besides you can also access the box, and they get cleaned out now and again.

unreal
28-09-06, 19:39
Welcome to Neocron. :)
only if you drop em somewhere and switch chars to pick it up again.I wouldn't just drop them on the floor, anywhere. In populated sectors someone will definitely pick the items up and run away. If you're going to drop items anywhere, I would generally just drop them outside my apartment (or inside, since I have a few all access panels :rolleyes:). Apartment sectors appear to have a longer life cycle in regards to the cleaning up of items compared other sectors, but you're still at risk of them disappearing quickly.

I would always prefer just dropping the items in an Apartment sector than dumping it in a random box.

It always comes in handy to buy a GoGuardian and place it outside the door to your apartment. This way you can just drop (a lot of/heavy) items there and pick them up on another character easily, even if it overloads you, since you're able to store them in the GoGuardian.

If you can't afford a GoGuardian yet, message me and I'll point you to one of my many apartments, all of which have several GoGuardians inside and out. :)

nellus
29-09-06, 08:42
One thing to bear in mind when dropping items on the floor is to avoid 00:00 in game time. This is the time when the server cleans up any rubbish lying around the sector, so if your items are there they will just dissapear. Other than that it is a pretty good way to swap items from 1 character to another. The only thing you cant swap that way is money, this you will have to pass to another runner and he will pass it to your alt. This is where you have to find someone you can trust.

Irxy
29-09-06, 09:03
Other than that, all chars in a clan have access to the clan-apps cabinets.. so you could get your chars in a clan and do it that way too.
I'm too noob to join a clan, still within my trial time - maybe in a month or so, when I know more of the game and have some higher level characters... ;)

you must be the first russian nc player :p
Sounds unlikely - neocron is quite an old game... though it surely is not widely known among russian gamers, perhaps due to lack of advertising. I'm thinking about creating a fan site about Neocron, to lure more russians into this game. :cool:

I wouldn't just drop them on the floor, anywhere. In populated sectors someone will definitely pick the items up and run away.
The sector I currently spend most of my time in is far from crowded... I rarely see anyone there, and there are many places which are most likely never visited.

Irxy
29-09-06, 09:13
I don't get how the Recycling works. Yes, I've read several faqs about it, but I still can't make it work for me.

I have TL75 tool, recycling skill at 10. I wish to clone some basic ammo for my rifle (TL5). So, I put the tool into the large slot of the processor, 1 ammo into the first slot and lots of garbage into the other slot - and get a message that I need more junk. o_O
If I put only the junk, it doesn't work also.

Maybe I put in wrong items, what is "junk" anyway? Or do I require some specific formulas?..

Glok
29-09-06, 09:15
The tool goes in the first slot. The large slot is where the result appears.

rookee
29-09-06, 09:28
You're doing it correctly, but only certain items are regarded as junk, such as "tufts of hair", "deformed teeth", "fangs".. I'm not sure whether there is a list available. If you put non-junk items into the processor, it keeps telling you that you need more junk. Vials, beverages and food for instance do not count as junk.

What you also have to be aware of is that you can recycle stuff into armours and similar items - which most of the time you don't want. That happens when you put a certain constellation of items/junk into the processor.

Take a look at http://www.sheriff-hardy.de/NC2mF.htm and click on "Recycling Rezepte" at the bottom. Maybe you can even make use of these items as a low level char (?).

Darkana
29-09-06, 12:00
you must be the first russian nc player :phttp://neocron.ems.ru/ ... I doubt it :)

Irxy, do what Rookee said, some items are very powerful in regard to recycling, while others are totally useless (at least for ammo/drug/medkit/... recycling).

Glok
29-09-06, 12:33
Without referring to a website you can check which items are best for cloning by opening a trade window with a YO's allbuyer generally the more YO offers for the junk, the better it is for cloning.

Things that aren't junk include: weapon mods, chemicals, food, etc... once you get used to it it's easy to tell which things are good for cloning, they are generally the things that don't have any conceivable use otherwise (though they do in some cases for special recipies)

Irxy
29-09-06, 14:28
Thanks, I'll try it today.

Another question - YO in the Tsunami sector sells & buys only food... is it a bug?

Glok
29-09-06, 14:42
Different YO's vendors have different inventories and different buy lists.

Irxy
30-09-06, 10:57
And how can I make in-game screenshots?

aKe`cj
30-09-06, 11:08
And how can I make in-game screenshots?

default: F12
saved to your neocron2/shots/ directory

Irxy
30-09-06, 12:15
Is there any place I can get hacknet weapons in DoY?

aKe`cj
30-09-06, 12:18
Is there any place I can get hacknet weapons in DoY?

FA Sec -03-, near the sync to Crahn Sec -02-.
Look for a ladder that leeds to the hacknet vendor.

Irxy
30-09-06, 18:19
I've lost my car. Is there a way to know where is it?

Darkana
30-09-06, 19:05
Unless you know where you left it, not that I know of. Vehicles will be returned to the garage at some point, if left alone and noone else destroyed it. Quad and Reveler are an exception, they will return immediately to the ASG garage system on destruction. The auto-return may take a while, though ...

Darq[Terra]
30-09-06, 21:25
If you go to a CityCom, and look up your info, you can find the sector your vehicle is located in:

Go to CityCom, then Info, then Runner - Click on the My Runner button in the lower right. This will show your information. Now in the middle there is a button that says "Ownerships". Click on this, and you'll see a section for vehicles. Select your lost vehicle, then on 'Details' - you'll get information on it's condition and the sector it is currently located in. From there it should just be a quick scout of the zone to find it.

:)

jini
01-10-06, 06:49
Unless you know where you left it, not that I know of. Vehicles will be returned to the garage at some point, if left alone and noone else destroyed it. Quad and Reveler are an exception, they will return immediately to the ASG garage system on destruction. The auto-return may take a while, though ...
What Darq says... however its not that easy, unless you know about safety distances and specific mobs, or can use effectively a stealth tool. also:
all vehicles return to autopark (car depots) if you have left them in a sector with you and without entering them for some time. Then they disappear and go to depot. If how ever you die in a sector on a car, then the car will stay in the sector without returning. It will autopark after 24h. For the car to return you have to be there. Also, I think that without the presence of the owner the car cannot get destroyed by others (not sure about that though)

NAPPER
01-10-06, 06:55
24 hours is not right i didnt get my back till like 3 days after i died next to it
then it happened again but it took 2 days

Irxy
02-10-06, 09:39
Well, I was riding my newly bought byke around the city, then suddenly there was fire.. and I died in a few seconds. :rolleyes: Don't even know what hit me. Btw, does it take several game days - or real days - for the car to return?..

Another couple of questions:
Can I poke several same brain implants?
How can I look over my character from the 3rd perspective?
How can I perform "emotion animations"?
Can I invite other players to my apartment?

p.s. sorry for my english, I know its bad. :cool:

aKe`cj
02-10-06, 10:16
does it take several game days - or real days - for the car to return?..

It can return in as little as 30 minutes, the problem however is, that the reset-counter for vehicles is somehow connected to the zone the vehicle was left in. When a zone is not being used, the worldserver "freezes" it and puts it back in cupboard where it sits and waits, together with all other idle zones, until a player tries to sync in.. its then being processed by the server again and the vehicle counter continues...
If you happen to abandon your vehicle in a rarely frequented zone.. it can take a looong time for the automatic respawn.

Can I poke several same brain implants?
Nope

How can I look over my character from the 3rd perspective?
How to switch to 3rd Person? ALT-E is the default preset. It will also show you the available commands to alter that perspective (viewangle, distance).

How can I perform "emotion animations"?
Whenever you say something that has an emote bound to it, your character will perform it automaticly. You can also perform them silently by typing "/e keyword"

Darkana
02-10-06, 11:25
Emote List & Triggers Guide (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=115381)

and maybe

In-Game Commands (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=135594)

Irxy
03-10-06, 18:03
And what about the apartment question?

Pantho
03-10-06, 18:51
It depends how active a sector is, you can lose it upto 7 days, if its in a sector no1 goes in -

Or like me, you could get out to fucking rep it at a OP fight ,and have it de-spawn lol

Darq[Terra]
04-10-06, 02:52
Can I invite other players to my apartment?

Yes, in fact, all they have to do is follow-up into your apartment "complex" and type your name into the terminal to get in just as you would. They can then follow you right in, nothing else needs to be done.

Irxy
04-10-06, 10:34
']Yes, in fact, all they have to do is follow-up into your apartment "complex" and type your name into the terminal to get in just as you would. They can then follow you right in, nothing else needs to be done.
Oh. And can they access my storage?..

solling
04-10-06, 11:02
nope they can enter ur app. but not ur storage.

Pantho
04-10-06, 12:33
They can only enter your Lobby, and ring your BELL -

Then you can choose to let them in... or GR away because your being hunted by Pantho

Irxy
07-10-06, 10:31
What's a *construction license used for?
And high capacity datacubes?

eprodigy
07-10-06, 17:54
What's a *construction license used for?
And high capacity datacubes?
those datacubes are for downloading hacknet BP's to, and the hacknet bp's require licenses from a specific faction to build. (along with MNPU parts)

Irxy
07-10-06, 20:07
those datacubes are for downloading hacknet BP's to, and the hacknet bp's require licenses from a specific faction to build. (along with MNPU parts)
And what is BP?.. :rolleyes:

Btw, will I loose my faction apartment if I change the faction?

Darkana
07-10-06, 21:36
BP = blueprint

blackpheonix
07-10-06, 21:48
Btw, will I loose my faction apartment if I change the faction?

nope u will only loose the appartment if you delete the char

Irxy
08-10-06, 22:10
Hmm... it looks like I can't remove objects from the furnished apartments? And can I place new ones? Are there any unfurnished apartments in DoY aside from clan's? What are this clan apartments anyway, can they be used as personal apartments?..

Glok
08-10-06, 22:25
No preplaced items in a furnished apartment can be removed, but you can place more items, for instance more cabinets up to a total of 20 (last I knew) DoY unfurnished dunno, I don't have any DoY chars. :p Clan apts can be used as personal apartments I guess, but the primary advantage of them is they are the only kind of apartment that multiple characters can share. My 3 whole chars are in a clan together for this reason.

Irxy
09-10-06, 20:49
Er... I've fallen off the bridge in the hacknet... so how can I get away now?..
/set reset_position 1 doesn't seem to do anything.

upd: ok, it worked in a few minutes.

Glok
09-10-06, 23:07
Yeah it takes 2 minutes now.. cause people would start fights or generally do stupid things and then reset position to escape. :lol: