PDA

View Full Version : Best video cards by price

Bishop Yutani
27-09-06, 18:20
I read this article this morning and thought you people would benefit from it being that there are usually a lot of questions about what the best card is for a specific amount of money.

Toms Hardware did an article on just that, showing the best PCIe and AGP cards from under $100 to over $500.

Check it out here (http://www.tomshardware.com/2006/09/26/the_best_gaming_video_cards_for_the_money/)

SizZLeR
27-09-06, 19:27
Nice link there mate and i must admit that im not surprised to see nVidia being the provider of the fastest card without using SLI/*cough*fire.

Admitted, im an nVidia addict. :D

Spanks
28-09-06, 09:42
Are you talking about 7950? That's an SLI setup alright..

Mc.Neill
28-09-06, 11:25
varies from bench to bench like here --->

http://www23.tomshardware.com/graphics.html?modelx=33&model1=519&model2=547&chart=231

hmm I really dunno which card I should get myself....

The best would be 2x 7900 GT*s but the price is too high...

So I'm gonna buy myself 2x 1900XTX -_- Otherwise I really don't like ATI ...

All cards I know ... I bought one ... peng and it was trash ... dunno why ... friends had the same expirience ...

But thats not the thing ... They all do benchmark tests ... How about a image quality test ? I mean I really see or maybe I'm just addicted to NVIDIA ^^ :D That the image quality is better as on ATI .... IN video editing in games u know ^^

gimme some feedback watcha thinking ^^

*Neill*

rob444
28-09-06, 11:45
ATI > NVIDIA

OMG!!!11

No wait,

NVIDIA > ATI!!

yeah, no now I'm confused.

Hogg
28-09-06, 12:16
Nvidia

Bishop Yutani
28-09-06, 15:51
If you stop yourself a realize you don't really have the eyes to tell the difference between the image quality of one card over another, you'll find that you just really want to get the fastest card for your budget.

Just pick a pricepoint that you'd be comfortable with and buy the card that matches. Research that card a bit and find out if there are any flaws or if it's not worth the price over a cheaper model. If those check out, just buy the damn card.

Besides, haven't you ever noticed that the frames per second those top of the line cards get on top of the line games are humungous anyway? You only need like 40 fps to play a game, not 120. Even mid-range cards will play every game pretty well - maybe not on the highest settings, but close enough.

Mc.Neill
28-09-06, 16:42
no it's not true ... u can decide between a better diffusion and better color overlapping ^^