PDA

View Full Version : Change the faction alliances

Tickles
27-09-06, 16:35
I'm getting very bored of the whole City vs City, black and white routine we have at the moment. A lot of other people have the same opinion. When I heard the "Reza is dead" I thought, GREAT! There will be chaos in neocron and this will lead to all the old aminosities coming out again, the life long Biotech vs Tangent battle, or BD vs Tsunami etc returning, inter-city fighting! But no, Reza "isn't" dead, or he is, but the storyline says that he isn't, which means there will not be any chaos and no faction alliance changes.

Well I want to know if there are many other people who agree with me in saying that Reza SHOULD be dead, that the alliances should change, and we have a full spectrum like we used to. Inter-city fighting! So much better.

Anyway if this IS already the plan, then get a move on! We already have it on the battlefield at OPs, but we can't in the city.

Any comments?

mehirc
27-09-06, 16:43
I think we can't get rid of the Dome vs. Neocron setting anymore, but it would be great if we could have at least additional conflicts within the cities that are not playermade and end up in ally-killing and symph-b..... ;)

rob444
27-09-06, 16:57
I remember in NC1 when Biotech was Hostile towards Tangent Technologies etc. It added more RP element to the game somehow. You created alliances with city enemy factions to fight factions living outside of NC or to fight "kos clans" and that in turn caused complications with other factions etc. - really bringing out the chaos Neocron should have.

NC2 feels like what the thread starter said... City VS City and it's a bit boring.

People want the feeling that you can't trust anyone anywhere you go and greens killing greens is just plain stupid.

That is my opinion.

Brammers
27-09-06, 17:08
The only interesting side is City Mercs, they can attack DRE or Black Dragon.

Otherwise yes, I do prefer the old faction relations in NC1. Tangent and Biotech had a reason to be hostile, but them being neutral now, even when there is some hostile operations (Like the epic), the neutral status doesn't make any sense.

NiMBle
27-09-06, 17:22
Agreed, it should change.

Atm its boring, Biotech and Tangent who use to (and still in their epics) steal technology for one another and have deep rivalry are suddenly all chummy and go for strolls in the park together.

Make some Faction Diversity, and bring back TG Canyon.

Dribble Joy
27-09-06, 17:26
The whole NC vs DoY (or rather NC vs anti-NC-currently-occupying-the-dome) needs to stay really. It's in part the main conflict in the game. That said, the intricasies of various faction relationships that we had in NC1 were good for RP/interest/etc. TT vs BT, TS vs BD for example.

Roc-a-fella
27-09-06, 19:11
The only way city vs. city could give you that feeling you used to get back in pre-nc2 is if alot of people actually organized raids on each others cities.

But instead people ninja-hack ops and zone whore at MB.

Tickles
27-09-06, 21:14
The whole NC vs DoY (or rather NC vs anti-NC-currently-occupying-the-dome) needs to stay really. It's in part the main conflict in the game. That said, the intricasies of various faction relationships that we had in NC1 were good for RP/interest/etc. TT vs BT, TS vs BD for example.

Why does it need to stay? Every NC faction can still be anti-TG as they are the main DoY'ers, and all DoY clans anti-CA. Then there would be all the old faction associations, alliance between BD and Biotech, but Biotech vs Tangent etc. I don't see why we need Black vs White, why can't we have full spectrum. The new storyline is only just starting but that will only give a small amount of enjoyment.

Changing the faction allegances will give a continuous amount of enjoyment in my opinion.

Dribble Joy
27-09-06, 21:17
I didn't say BvsW. There should (as I see it) be an overriding conflict in the wider sense (NC vs DoY) above the individual realations within each alliance or between specific factions.
Personally I'd like many of the faction relations to go back to where they were and to have one or two new DoY factions.

blackpheonix
27-09-06, 21:22
anarchy breed ftw :p i dont know too much about nc1 but would be cool having this

NAPPER
27-09-06, 23:14
The only way city vs. city could give you that feeling you used to get back in pre-nc2 is if alot of people actually organized raids on each others cities.

But instead people ninja-hack ops and zone whore at MB.

have you tryed raiding the doy on anything but a pe or spy even a ppu finds it hard but its soooooooooooooo much easy to raid nc then it is doy

yuuki
28-09-06, 00:00
you can forgot raiding nc cause the guards paraspam you like shit and then you're a way too easy target for your enemies.
(with raid i mean a real attack, not just a pe killing some ppl)

NAPPER
28-09-06, 01:13
you can forgot raiding nc cause the guards paraspam you like shit and then you're a way too easy target for your enemies.
(with raid i mean a real attack, not just a pe killing some ppl)

yeah thats true when im on my anti guy i can fight in pp2 but then i have to go hide till it wears off it not very clever when you have someone chasing you though

ROZZER187
28-09-06, 02:05
yeah thats true when im on my anti guy i can fight in pp2 but then i have to go hide till it wears off it not very clever when you have someone chasing you though

anti para drugs are your friend nick :p

NAPPER
28-09-06, 02:18
anti para drugs are your friend nick :p

i fucking hate doing drugs thats y i havent got any pes

ROZZER187
28-09-06, 02:19
i fucking hate doing drugs thats y i havent got any pes

or spies :p

but you drug on your tank lol

NAPPER
28-09-06, 02:21
thats only cos he isnt caped yet :)

Apocalypsox
28-09-06, 02:44
spies + drugs = nono. spies are ment to be able to use pistols/rifles without drugs =P and they dont need shelter..thats what stealth is for.

NAPPER
28-09-06, 03:28
spies + drugs = nono. spies are ment to be able to use pistols/rifles without drugs =P and they dont need shelter..thats what stealth is for.

but some people use drugs on spys to use armour and if you want to pvp good you should use a shelter but stealth is always good :D

Apocalypsox
28-09-06, 04:24
*3 dissy shots off, stealth, run around ur opponent, unstealth and put some more dissy into him, restealth unless hes already dead. one more round will usually kill most thing*

"Stealth Whoring" is perfectly fair in spies. its what spies where designed for, Hit and Run type tactics. as long as ur not a PE its all good :)

Doc Holliday
28-09-06, 08:01
stealthing is for noobs. this game was better when there was no stealth at all.

You didnt see a spy anywhere near you unless he was crazy and wanted to get stuck in shelter or not. Real men with balls played with spies. no one used shelter on them then either (probably cos of the drugs at that time)

TG canyon would be good if it could be raided like it used to. hell at one time we could just gr in to tg and start blasting people coming out of appartments etc. PP was ok to have a good scrap in if u ignore pp1. Doy should be opened up a bit more for people to get in to i think but i think the devs have alot more on their plates than (re)moving a few guards.

I think the canyon would be a good place to start though for a place for proper raids and fights. Only prob that might start up is the anti peeps running to their appartments when they get hurt.

In response to the original post. I think if clan wars could be implemented then it wouldnt make a ton of difference who was red or not to who within the city because it would then rely on the clans to decide amongst themselves. That puts the roleplay back on the players. Otherwise your gonna get idiots who go red/dead just like the old days. Be aware of that.

solling
28-09-06, 09:01
the whole city vs city is ok i think

only thing that does not make it work is that people are LAZY and dont wanna go outside theirmain city and look for enemies. except of course the mb zoneline 8|

was fun running around the dome tho and having to watch out for enemies but that could happen to if people wasent so lazy.
and we would run around nc as well if their wasent so many damn ubar frezze cop bots.

No Style
28-09-06, 09:46
I would like to see some additional conflicts opening up in the post-Reza-Fight for Power in NC.
Maybe the CMs try "to reestablish" order in NC by sending some Troops to the CA-HQ to take over the controll in NC.
Or that the Dome gets a hold on certain NC sectors (i.e. PepperPark 3 and PepperPark 2 turns into a frontline with toned down DomeGuards on the one side and toned down CopBots on the other side.)

Clobber
28-09-06, 11:18
Things really need shaking up. Im kinda tired of pro-city I think some tweaking could spice things up.

rob444
28-09-06, 11:22
Add regants legacy faction, hostile to everyone = fun :)

Kierz
29-09-06, 14:08
killing enemies = sl/fs gain
killing neutrals = nothing, or maybe a loss of 5 in sl/fs
killing allies = sl/fs loss

that would change things so much, when NeXT decided to turn neutral to CA, it didn't really do anything ingame. people even accuse people of allied killing when they kill neutrals.. they're not ALLIES they're NEUTRALS

we need the nc vs doy thang as the base of the BIG war, but it's not just 2 factions, we do need innercity rivalries. as it is realisticly theres no difference between CA/TT/BT/PP/NEXT and TG/CS/TS/FA.. BD/DRE/CM are the only different factions tbh

Tickles
29-09-06, 14:21
I would like to see some additional conflicts opening up in the post-Reza-Fight for Power in NC.
Maybe the CMs try "to reestablish" order in NC by sending some Troops to the CA-HQ to take over the controll in NC.
Or that the Dome gets a hold on certain NC sectors (i.e. PepperPark 3 and PepperPark 2 turns into a frontline with toned down DomeGuards on the one side and toned down CopBots on the other side.)

Agreed, I'd like to see something like this too.
Kierz is also right, there are no differences other than epic to a lot of the factions and there should be in who their enemies are.

I just hope something like this changes soon otherwise more people (me definately) will lose interest in the game.

aKe`cj
29-09-06, 14:24
they're not ALLIES they're NEUTRALS

still... no invitation to go kill em in the middle of plaza.
I guess there's a reason behind neutral kills being penalized within the city borders... as soon as you hit outskirt sektors or even wastelands you can kill em w/o any harm.. no?

NAPPER
01-10-06, 05:30
when i was in pepper 3 i killed a nautral runner and lost 6 sl lol i didnt even lose any symp if i did i didnt notice it