PDA

View Full Version : directional pointer thingy

Pipwicky
27-09-06, 01:10
Okay, so I just signed up for the trial.

But I keep getting lost....the arrows take me to the subway and almost always tell me to go to outskirts.

but every mission I get tells me to go into subway, I take the subway and get off arrows tell me to leave subway...so I follow them up. But as soon as I leave subway all I get is a directional arrow telling me to go back into the subway.... Okay so I think well I will just reset the nav after I leave the station. If I do that I get the green arrow pointing me back into the subway.

The direction finder is absolutely horrible from what I can make of it. It points me into walls, randomly sends me different places....

The only place it is good for that I can tell is getting me back to my apartment.

So far as I can tell there is also no local map? Just some vague outline....yeah getting lost in sewers is so much fun.

I really don't need a green line marking my way, but useful directions and an overhead map would be great.

I guess having the city all jumbled and confusing is nice in a way, its more "real". But arrows telling me to go to outskirts instead of pepper aren't useful.

I love the look and the feel of the gave though. I've not been able to find a useful threat in respect to getting around. Most of the ones from newbies are just replied with "yeah I just memorized where all the npc's were" by vetrans.

I suck with directions, I need maps for the games I play...I need maps to get around in life :-) Is there a mod or stand alone map download which would help me?

aKe`cj
27-09-06, 01:18
trust me - you
a) ...would get lost just the same with a map
and
b) ...wont need a map anymore in a few weeks time

Everybody's been through this, I remember back in beta I went in circles for about 20minutes thinking "wow - this place is fecking huge".
The distance I covered there was all within one zone - with a bit of orientation it might take you about 15 secs to run from a to B... I had my fun :p

The navray generally works "ok" - just make sure to avoid the subways and plaza4 when using it. Crossing into a different zone usually clears the subway pointer - activating the navray in a different zone helps too.

Sewers are off the maps... navray wont help you there either, they all follow a pattern tho. But unlike in the cities and wastes, getting to know the ways proves a little more tricky due to the little visual reference.

Anyhow.. you'll manage without maps :)
There are maps, yes.. they arent of any help tho.
Check techhaven.org for ressources of any kind related to neocron.

Mr Kot
27-09-06, 01:19
What exactly were you trying to find?

Jodo
27-09-06, 01:28
b) ...wont need a map anymore in a few weeks time

Agreed. It seems a bit of a pian in the arse but enjoy your complete lack of knowledge while it lasts. Discovering the different areas and finding out where I shouldn't be venturing just yet was a joy to me. Just be a little patient, there's no race, there's already hundreds of capped runners and plenty of new ones that will turn up so just enjoy the game for now. Don't be afraid to use the help channel, all the vet's do have most of it memorised and they're usually happy to point in the right direction and even lend a hand.
Good luck.

Darkana
27-09-06, 07:29
Some stuff of the Mr. Jones missions is located in Pepper Park, and unfortunately the Navray system acts a bit weird if you are in Plaza or, even worse, in Viarosso and start this system :rolleyes: Best thing is to hit Pepper Park 1 first (can be done with the subway, you probably were there already :D), and restart the Navray system then.

On top of that you can always make use of the help channel, press F1, click on CUSTOM, scroll down in the list and click on HELP. Make sure you didn't disable the [X] left of it, otherwise you won't hear what the others answer to your question :)

and ... Welcome to NC! :cool:

Pantho
27-09-06, 08:15
Small tip -

Set a Nav Ray to a GR , when your in a sewer -

Gives you a location arrow to the exit- No lines, just a rough arrow