PDA

View Full Version : [Idea] Power armour

Dribble Joy
26-09-06, 14:55
More sillyness from the noggin of DJ.

So we have this balancing thing underway, and in one thread about skills or something, I mentioned something about how PA would factor into char setups.

The general idea is be that PA should be of similar effect to that of an offencive implant.
You have the 'middle ground' armours like Titan or Viper King, then the PAs would have lower armour bonii, but clearly some offensive ones. All well and good in a sense, but then I had an idea.

Essentially a complete rework of PA. One problem with PA as simply another 'implant' is the higher the TL, the armour and offence bonii both increase, which seems counter-productive to promoting people to use all types of setups throughout the TL range, not just as high as you can go.
So, why not make the different PAs have a range of offence/defence ratios instead of the current system?

PA1 would have a slight decrease in defence from the T/VK armours with a small offence boost.
Up to PA 4 which would have little in the way of defence benefits, but large offence bonii.
There wouldn't be 'higher level' PAs, just different styles.

The question is then, what about reqs? All at the class/subclass stat cap? (str 100 for tanks, 80 dex for PEs for example), or keep them as is?
The former means they are availiable for all chars at more or less any level of desired weapon choice, meaning that everyone has a greater range of defence/offence availiable to them. The latter would promote/extentuate taking a higher offence form of setup when using a high TL weapon, and vise versa.
I'm leaning towards the first option, but I am not 100% sure.

edit: Doh, forgot..
Of course you can go the other way too; Have Defencive PA. Ones that have higher armour values than T/VK but offence malii (these would be easier to do as they could affect all offence skills, so you'd only need one per class, not one per subclass).

Thoughts and flames?

Glok
26-09-06, 16:21
Hah I have a crazier idea.

Make PA only give mainskill boni and have very high defense. Reqs would be based on class and a subskill level. 2 versions for monks based on ppu or apu subskills (and epu?) the spy and PE versions could be based on weapon lore the tank version on body health.

Why??? Well, each PA would have an integrated weapon that would behave as a fully capped weapon of a TL appropriate to the PA. This would give every PA user a choice of at least 2 weapons in battle.

Told you. :lol:

Apocalypsox
26-09-06, 16:25
***REPLACE ALT+H WITH GATLING CANNON WEEEE AGGY*** lol

why would you integrate a weapon into PA other than looking totally fubar?

something else that annoys me...if your in a god damn hydraluic assisted power suit...why doesnt it boost your jumping height? those hydraulics must be good for something :p

Glok
26-09-06, 16:27
***REPLACE ALT+H WITH GATLING CANNON WEEEE AGGY*** lol

why would you integrate a weapon into PA other than looking totally fubar?Why wouldn't you? All those nifty hydraulics aught to be good for something other than making you look stupid (and making your hitbox bigger). :lol:

NAPPER
26-09-06, 23:28
i posted something to do with armour long time ago

ARMOUR (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=133415)