PDA

View Full Version : [Idea] Neocron Zoo

Jodo
26-09-06, 13:41
When I returned to Neocron in January this year, one of the things I couldn’t help but notice was the entrance to the Zoo is located in a zone where weapons can be withdrawn. I don’t know if it’s something that’s been done while I wasn’t playing but couldn’t we have a situation where the zoo gets some new, exotic and dangerous animals in which inevitably escape. There could be a mass spawning of all sorts of critters.
It being the only zoo around it most likely has a vast collection of animals to be studied and bred and perhaps trained so there would be a good reason for so many different animals escaping. It wouldn’t take a big and/or intricate story, it would just be a one off event with a couple of GM’s sending wave after wave of creatures at us.
There could be an announcement from Jack Red on alliance or somebody asking for all loyal runners to help contain the threat.

If we wanted more of a story or ongoing event then some of the more dangerous creatures could escape into the Viarosso sewers making them a lot more hazardous to journey. It shouldn’t affect the noobs too much as they tend to stick to the Plaza sewers. The cleanup could take days, weeks or months real time with big rewards or the greater chance of some of the more difficult to obtain trophies.

Any thoughts? Good, bad? Has something similar been done already?

Bredahl
26-09-06, 15:00
Hah, me and a friend was talking about something like this yesterday, and we like the idea ;)

Skusty
26-09-06, 15:37
Run! The Gorilla escaped the zoo!! Would be cool to have a GM in a Gorilla skin running around killing people. :p

CMaster
26-09-06, 16:15
It's certainly far from a terrible idea, although its no work of genius either. Hopefully some bored GM will do this for the runners some day. I'd like to see a couple of missions availble from the zoo however. Perhaps one or two "good" missions where you do something to help the zoo staff (collect animals? fetch/make badly needed medicine? Gather food (ie mob junk for carnviorus creatures they keep)? etc. Then perhaps a "bad" one where you steal from the zoo.

Bishop Yutani
26-09-06, 16:26
might make me actually log in...

Jodo
26-09-06, 22:53
The zoo, like many things in Neocron, has a lot of potential and is sitting relatively dormant. It's the porential of the game that is fascinating, due to some good planning the story writers and the GM's have some great stuff to work with just waiting to be used.

@ Cmaster: No work of genius nor will I ever achieve that honour. :p
I just try to keep the ideas simple enough to be implemented easily and able to fit in with the everyday Neocron plot.

I often wonder if coming up with these idea threads ruins some already planned stories. KK, like any good story teller, don't tell us anything more than is relevant to the timeline. I also think they won't want every good & crap idea spammed at them via email.

Pantho
26-09-06, 22:57
Biotech have been preforming illegal experiments, Resulting in a 127/127 ReaperSpider,

and a 127/127 Drugged Beta Wolf *_*

Faid
27-09-06, 01:56
This actually happened a while back, right in front of the zoo. A ton of random animals were spawned, I remember lots of scorpions. It was fun killing zoo animals :) Does anyone else remember this?

Diabolism
28-09-06, 00:10
if you made into a big event in via the only problem is it would kinda restrict it realistically to pro chars

Apocalypsox
28-09-06, 00:19
Orrrrr...all the animals could have killed all the guards in via rosso...so anyone could do the event...

Jodo
28-09-06, 13:25
if you made into a big event in via the only problem is it would kinda restrict it realistically to pro chars

Yeah, I'm aware of that but everyone has probably got a Pro city char. Neocron has a lot of good places to work with and also a lot of runners passing through so there'd be no shortage once it got announced on Alliance.
DoY is a massive area but I do struggle to come up with ideas for it. But there is more than me using this forum who can think of such things. :D I consider myself more of a Pro city than Anti or neutral.
ApocalypsoX has a good point but it would still prove awkward for everyone to get there.

Kierz
29-09-06, 13:54
seeing as this idea is meant to have a rollplay base.. if you think about it what you're doing is saying all the creatures in the zoo excape.. THEN YOU KILL THEM ALL... great no more nc zoo

Jodo
29-09-06, 15:20
I don't know if you've noticed but you don't have to go far to find some animals.
It would be restocked within a month for public purposes and the "behind the scenes" studies and test subjects would take a little while long probably. I doubt it would tax the community that much.

Mr Kot
29-09-06, 20:51
It's certainly far from a terrible idea, although its no work of genius either. Hopefully some bored GM will do this for the runners some day.
*pokes Phase*