PDA

View Full Version : Vote Now!!!

rhPhMe
25-09-06, 07:51
This is for those who played neocron 1 and neocron 2....

Which would you pay to play if you had to choose.....

Neocron 1 or neocron 2.....

me....i would pay to play neocron 1....

Jodo
25-09-06, 08:00
No poll? :p

I think I'd pick nc 2 though I do miss the atmosphere of P2 on Uranus. There's more to the game now but lack of runners can make it a little disappointing. The silver lining to that is the community is probably a lot tighter now.
I know the higher pops make PvP much more regular and more enjoyable but I have always played for the PvM and always will. Hunting rares at peak time can really piss me off, but I would like to see a few more runners about.

rhPhMe
25-09-06, 08:08
its funny how you talk about the pops and everyone does also....it is important in this type of game...the main problem to this....i hate to say...is the game masters in some areas....

[ edited - this is exactly what we want to stop. This has earned you your second temp ban and if I see anything like it again you'll be removed from the forum permanently. You can expect similar action in-game. ]

Enforcing the rules in-game is a job for the GMs, but when you post your trolling "England > Germany" crap on the forums you come under my jurisdiction.

i was reading some of the forums....and people tell me about getting perma bans and stuff in game.....this game should not be run like a Jurisdiction, no offence.....it is a "video game" to keep populations up....no one should ever be perma banned no matter what....10 day ban ect is fine...but wow...

sorry for off topic...just thought i had to say this.....any thoughts...

Jodo
25-09-06, 11:17
KK coul get their ass sued to high heaven if they let certain things go and there needs to ba an adequate detterrant for some other things too. Bans cover it.
Why would you want asshole racists and cheats in the game anyway? It's not worth the very slight population increase.

rhPhMe
25-09-06, 11:28
racist and cheats can both be fixed by kk thou....

word filters are possible....

cheats are fixable....but kk would have to show some effort...

Jodo
25-09-06, 11:31
And while they do that everyone leaves anyway cos there have been no game patches or bug fixes. The game has been patched so much that there are probably some things that either cannot be removed or it'd take so much time that they wouldn't be able to do anything else. Filters don't work either. Anyone who's been spammed by online chemists can tell you that.

Clobber
25-09-06, 11:38
I know the higher pops make PvP much more regular and more enjoyable but I have always played for the PvM and always will. Hunting rares at peak time can really piss me off, but I would like to see a few more runners about.

So you play for pvm and you hate it when you try at peak (whats that 12% on terra?). Why anyone would play neocron for pvm is beyond me.

Neocron 1 > Neocron 2 by far.

Jodo
25-09-06, 11:44
I don't hate it at it's current peak, I was reffering to the older and higher pop's.
You're obviously a PvP'er, I'm not and never have been so we won't see eye to eye on things like that. I don't see the point of PvP cos you don't achieve anything at the end of it. I just prefer character development rather than bragging rights.
Anyway, sorry for getting off-topic.

solling
25-09-06, 11:58
NC 2 > NC 1

i miss Pluto tho , atmosphere was superp and none of all the omg i will do everything to win including things that is questionable :rolleyes:

pluto FTW

rob444
25-09-06, 12:48
I think I'd choose Neocron 1. I'm not sure why but I had tons more fun in NC1. Not sure if it was the population or something else, but there was something...

solling
25-09-06, 12:52
u where a newbie. realy game is more fun when u dont know whats behind every door and know the game inside out. it was fun being a newbie

Ras Klaat
25-09-06, 14:23
NC 2 > NC 1

i miss Pluto tho , atmosphere was superp and none of all the omg i will do everything to win including things that is questionable :rolleyes:

pluto FTW

...ah man... wait... gimmie.. a ... sec... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: . That is the funniest thing i seen on the forum's for the longest time.
Not what was said but who said it. Man there are so many black pots around its not even funny, well its a little funny :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

edit: sorry rH a little off topic

Pantho
25-09-06, 14:37
NC2> NC1 for me, because i only palyed NC1 for a month or so -

WAs so lazy at lvling i dont think i ever got into PA 2-

only PA i wore was PE 1 and Drugged into Monk 1 lol

Skusty
25-09-06, 15:18
I think I'd choose Neocron 1. I'm not sure why but I had tons more fun in NC1. Not sure if it was the population or something else, but there was something...
Agree.

Tarn
25-09-06, 15:22
NC 1, or Pre 2.1

Clobber
25-09-06, 15:25
NC 2 > NC 1

pluto FTW

You must be just posting this kinda stuff to get a rise out of people. No way can you be serious when you were typing that out.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pot_calling_the_kettle_black

Just in case you dont understand the black pots comment that Ras made Lore ;)

pabz
25-09-06, 15:26
Nc1 population but Nc2 Shizzle

ROZZER187
25-09-06, 17:16
NC 2 > NC 1

pluto FTW

how ironic :lol:

but yeah, nc1 was more fun

rhPhMe
25-09-06, 20:28
i think im counting right....its early for me so...

Neocron 1 - 7 votes

Neocron 2 - 3 votes

keep voting eheh

Tarn
25-09-06, 21:39
Lets just hope that if we get alot of votes KK will listen to the customers and make some changes...... ( hey that wouldnt be a bad idea!, more customers! )

ZoVoS
25-09-06, 21:40
NC 2 > NC 1

pluto FTW

i agree with lore

nc2 powns nc1

pluto i realy miss... =P even in the final days with only 11 of us online i adored it

Game_Over
25-09-06, 21:49
You must be just posting this kinda stuff to get a rise out of people. No way can you be serious when you were typing that out.

I vote for clobber's/ras' comment.

Darkana
25-09-06, 21:51
You may have fond memories of NC1, but you have to ask yourself if it was the game itself which is the cause of this or the people you have played with/against?

Scanner Darkly
26-09-06, 00:02
NC2 with early NC1 pops and Faction relations

rhPhMe
26-09-06, 00:46
well the reason for the pops going down is gm and kk...

gms are way to serious when it comes to banning people....and kk does not fix the problem at hand, that cuases people to get banned..

read what i posted on the first page....

james_finn
26-09-06, 00:48
for me NC1 people made NC1 and Pluto especially so great,

but the best time in this game was pre 2.1 where everyone was learning the new way to play the game!

Delphi

NAPPER
26-09-06, 01:34
Ok for me its the people that play nc2 but i did like the all under one roof thing in nc1

Tarn
26-09-06, 01:47
You may have fond memories of NC1, but you have to ask yourself if it was the game itself which is the cause of this or the people you have played with/against?
It is the game, everything was just so much better, PP, Models, all that jazz

Ok for me its the people that play nc2 but i did like the all under one roof thing in nc1
That was sweet aswell, You could goto Plaza 1 and see massive amounts of people, it actually felt like people played the game. ( which they did, unlike now )

Clobber
26-09-06, 01:54

No its the fact that sl sysem, the F6 and the netcode were far better in NC1. The netcode alone means nc1 > nc2, its a game destroying flaw that unless solved in 2.2 will contribute massively to make nc2 not even worth bothering with anymore (most already to seem have realised and fled the sinking ship thas just Kk employees nevermind the pathetic population).

You must be one sad deluded fanboi to think nc2 > nc1. Its ok saying nc1 was only better because the population higher. But hey guess why sad deluded fanbois thats because nc2 sucked betty swollocks compared to it.

Tarn
26-09-06, 01:58
I think NC1 had many more reasons why its better, other than the populations.

Glok
26-09-06, 02:14
...the netcode were far better in NC1...You gotta be kidding. The NC1 netcode was ok for player interaction but vehicles, zoning, and lots of other glitches were rampant. Players clipped in NC1 too in case you don't remember. Wait are you one of the guys clipping around the MB stairways? That explains it. :rolleyes:

Clobber
26-09-06, 02:22
You gotta be kidding. The NC1 netcode was ok for player interaction but vehicles, zoning, and lots of other glitches were rampant. Players clipped in NC1 too in case you don't remember. Wait are you one of the guys clipping around the MB stairways? That explains it. :rolleyes:

No because people rarely clipped around the stairway inside MB as it was not a PVP hotspot. Most PVP took place outside MB or the zones leading to and including BD. The main spot was Pepper Park which tho wasnt great but was still better than MB. Dont pretend you know who or I am or I went to PVP, you clearly have no idea what you are on about and your posts/threads would support this.

You think the NC2 netcode was better? Id take melee working properly and non-locational weapons working the correct way over any vehicle bug.

Glok
26-09-06, 02:41
I don't know you. Who the fuck are you?

I played NC1 too, PP1 zoneline ftw... but I didn't bother with that, I went right in to find someone to fight and you know what? even though PP1 is a lot more open than the MB stairway I could still clip around and live long enough without healing or firing a single shot to get up to the upper level and back down again to zone back to P3.

I know for a fact the netcode is better in NC2 than NC1, short-range tight-quarters PvP is pretty much unchanged but everything else is better. I kinda think we all gotta be on fiber before the close quarters stuff can be fixed.

NAPPER
26-09-06, 02:47
have you played a melee tank in nc2 dude the netcode sucks for them you could chop all day and if the person your attacking just walks backwards you will not hurt them

Clobber
26-09-06, 02:50
I don't know you. Who the fuck are you?

I played NC1 too, PP1 zoneline ftw... but I didn't bother with that, I went right in to find someone to fight and you know what? even though PP1 is a lot more open than the MB stairway I could still clip around and live long enough without healing or firing a single shot to get up to the upper level and back down again to zone back to P3.

I know for a fact the netcode is better in NC2 than NC1, short-range tight-quarters PvP is pretty much unchanged but everything else is better. I kinda think we all gotta be on fiber before the close quarters stuff can be fixed.

Sorry how you spoke before I thought you knew everything aboutme.

In NC1 I didnt hear anywhere near as much complaining. Even tho more people playing equals more lag etc to contribute to problems and obviously more people to actually whine about these issues.

Netcode is better in NC2 than NC1 huh ? So you play a hc tank using a rav eh? Got a rifle spy as well I guess, loving the healing light? Oh and you must be a god on melee tank since nc2 netcode is better shame nobody else would agree with you.

Glok
26-09-06, 02:57
You didn't hear anything about netcode in NC1 cause... obviously you weren't here.. O_o it was a HUGE issue. But we were all still learning how shit worked. Nobody could complain about netcode cause they didn't even know how hitboxes and resists worked.

Me I was clipping around and killing far better players than I (as far as knowledge and twitch) because I knew the netcode was shit, they thought it was just weird shit happening, I knew exactly what was happening. I was abusing clipping issues before anyone even really knew there were issues.

I have played the same style across NC1 and NC2... I'm kinda old yanno, and NC2 doesn't let me get away with half the shit I did in NC1. And it's all due to netcode.

NAPPER
26-09-06, 03:04
in which way is nc2 not letting you do shit that nc1 did ????

Clobber
26-09-06, 03:04
You didn't hear anything about netcode in NC1 cause... obviously you weren't here.. O_o it was a HUGE issue. But we were all still learning how shit worked. Nobody could complain about netcode cause they didn't even know how hitboxes and resists worked.

Me I was clipping around and killing far better players than I (as far as knowledge and twitch) because I knew the netcode was shit, they thought it was just weird shit happening, I knew exactly what was happening. I was abusing clipping issues before anyone even really knew there were issues.

I have played the same style across NC1 and NC2... I'm kinda old yanno, and NC2 doesn't let me get away with half the shit I did in NC1. And it's all due to netcode.

Erm sorry dude but melee tanks were great in nc1 (lots of whine threadsabout them actually been overpowered). HL was the weapon of choice for a rifle spy back then. Rav was deadly. So if it was was better how come all these things suck now and are merely lvl'n weapons ?

Oh I forgot, they all sucked then and it was just everyone but glok who were nibs and didnt realise that it was uber back then.

ZoVoS
26-09-06, 07:26
okok

*shakes head*

did you like EVER PLAY NC1

because the way u are talking is as though it was perfect

NC1's only benefits over nc2 was the fact that everbody was in the plaza instead o spread between the 2 citys and we had a larger player base of people we knew (and i supose more interesting fraction relationships... but we all were bickering amonks our selfs that our allies were enemys to our other allies n so on)

nc 1 was a buggy PoS (alot like nc2 tbh =] but nc2 is alot less of a buggy PoS) now i have been playing since the end of beta early relese. hell i still have my lil orange map and gameing box with 6 weeks trial instead of 4,

but at the end of the day ur just looking back on nc1 with rose tinted specs as niddy would say... the game is still the game we know n love *minus spirit mods n a few other items* the only current problem is that the population is less tightly nit as it used to be. there was a time i would recognise every pluto runners name nowerdays the populations are spread out between the 2 citys

if we had doubble the population it woudlnt bother nebody atal... as is the populations are picking up neway and were gona get a injection come 2.2 and hopefully if the weapons become balanced (the weapons have never been balanced before.... ever.... we always had something that came out over powered wither it was holy heal things pulling HL from the air or tankocron) the gamers will stay put... because nothing replaces the cron

in reality tho NC2>NC1 in pritty much every concevable way

Kallima
26-09-06, 07:52
Neocron 1 was better in my opinion.

Screw the GFX updates. I miss TG canyon fights, with 4 second rezz to make things super competitive. I miss the OP Wars of chasing down your opponent after they retreat. Standing in Plaza 2 spamming for a resser or cster and sexing random people. I miss pepper park sync line fights. I was watching the OLD pvp videos from pluto because you had the best skill there for 1 v 1. ( I'm not kidding about this you damn Saturn n00bs! :P )

Most of all... I miss.... My asian PE model. :(

Glok
26-09-06, 08:18
Erm sorry dude but melee tanks were great in nc1 (lots of whine threadsabout them actually been overpowered). HL was the weapon of choice for a rifle spy back then. Rav was deadly. So if it was was better how come all these things suck now and are merely lvl'n weapons ?Cause KK keep breaking stuff lol. But in the meantime they are fixing other stuff they just don't know where to stop.. or where to start sometimes. :lol:

edit: Oh yeah my 'kinda old' comment was referring to my actual age... I'm not in a perpetual search for the next great thing is what I was trying to say. :)
I miss TG canyon fights, with 4 second rezz to make things super competitive. I miss the OP Wars of chasing down your opponent after they retreat. Standing in Plaza 2 spamming for a resser or cster and sexing random people. I miss pepper park sync line fights.NC1 did seem to be a faster game. It's gotten more.. technical over the years in many ways. And everyone in the thread is right the old battlegrounds were better. I hope we see them again when/if pops rise ... and the guards take a hike. *cough*

solling
26-09-06, 10:52
im dead serious it was more fun

and was alot more honour or what u wanna call it back when pops where high and people wasent bored.

now clobber im sure ur clan whatever it is used crappy tactics also we all did, dont change the fact it was alot more fun without it, does it ?
but cant be done now cuz everyone does whatever it takes to win, some do more then others (aka using cheats).

Jodo
26-09-06, 11:34
im dead serious it was more fun

and was alot more honour or what u wanna call it back when pops where high and people wasent bored.

now clobber im sure ur clan whatever it is used crappy tactics also we all did, dont change the fact it was alot more fun without it, does it ?
but cant be done now cuz everyone does whatever it takes to win, some do more then others (aka using cheats).

There were a hell of a lot more people cheating in NC1 than there is in NC2. The code was much more open to it back then. Thats one of the other improvements this time around.

solling
26-09-06, 11:37
There were a hell of a lot more people cheating in NC1 than there is in NC2. The code was much more open to it back then. Thats one of the other improvements this time aroun

hmm i dont think so at least not on pluto. played there from start til finish and there was very little cheating , only a couple of duped items and EON. at least that i know off.

i think the big cheating happened on saturn, so i have heard.

Jodo
26-09-06, 12:19
Yeah, Saturn seemed to have a lot of arseholes but it was across the board really. Probably less cheating on Pluto because it'd be more noticable. You encountered the same people every day and if you saw them get lucky at PvP or whatever in the same fashion a couple of times you'd start asking questions.

Chimp
26-09-06, 12:23
hmm i dont think so at least not on pluto. played there from start til finish and there was very little cheating , only a couple of duped items and EON. at least that i know off.

i think the big cheating happened on saturn, so i have heard.
Lots of cheats in NC1.. you just didnt know about them.. but neither did I until late nc1 and now in nc2 im realising how bad things were. Also I know at least 10 people that had GM capped chars, spawned items, and ALOT more GM abuse during OP fights. The packets, and files were easy to edit to do very weird things. There were many and i mean MANY duped items and money exploits... you just didnt know the right people.. or maybe you did and still playing the innocent "i never cheated" persona.

Although i do agree with you about the saturn comment.. about 8 of the 10 players that had the GM capped chars played saturn as their main BUT also had capped chars on pluto also!

GMs are stricter today yes, but at least they dont abuse their powers.. much ::cough:: but i have to admit i know one of the main KK staff member didnt show a professional attitude. He hated alot of people and did anything to get people banned. For about 4 months i havent heard a peep out of him... good riddence.

Nidhogg
26-09-06, 12:25
Let's just cut the discussion of cheats or the actions of long since fired GMs...

N

solling
26-09-06, 12:51
well i played for 1 month on saturn when pluto went dead and i saw a lot more *cheating* then i ever did on pluto but i guess things happened to, tho gms helping in wars well i never saw that :p

Game_Over
26-09-06, 13:49
it was ridiculously easy to hack nc1, i could probably have invented one in half a minute. people should appreciate that KK have done a lot to stop cheating, even if it does mean that we're stuck with a lot of lag :lol:

lore is a monk irl

solling
26-09-06, 13:56
its the attitude that have changed as well. people used to be more hmmm freindly/honourable.

guess that comes with big poputation.

Nidhogg
26-09-06, 18:12
FFS are you people blind? No more discussion of cheating!

Last chance.

N

Game_Over
26-09-06, 18:29
solling started it

SorkZmok
26-09-06, 19:07
NC2 with NC1 population.

NC1 itself was alot worse than NC is now, you all just got fucked up memories of the good ole days and shit. :lol:

Nidhogg
26-09-06, 19:07
solling started it
Giga, your temp ban's run out now. :rolleyes:

N

aKe`cj
26-09-06, 19:22
NC2 with NC1 population.

NC1 itself was alot worse than NC is now, you all just got fucked up memories of the good ole days and shit. :lol:

QFE.. u got a point there. ;)

rhPhMe
26-09-06, 19:39
They should really take one of the servers that no one ever plays on, and turn it into a nc1 base game......nc2 engine...but bring back the old factions.....no dome......old safe zones....no cops freeze...old sl hit and everything...

id play on it :D

Tratos
26-09-06, 19:51
They should really take one of the servers that no one ever plays on, and turn it into a nc1 base game......nc2 engine...but bring back the old factions.....no dome......old safe zones....no cops freeze...old sl hit and everything...

I imagine you'd be about the only one, the rose tinted view of Neocron 1 that alot of people have is really quite extreme. The only thing i really miss about Neocron 1 without including the higher population is the more complex faction relations but then again its not the exact faction relations i miss. Just the complexity, which seems to be slowly returning - it could just use speeding up a little bit.

"But then why are populations alot lower even though Neocron 2 is so much better then?!?!"

Couple simple fact, the current main payment provider dosnt let alot of people play or people are discouraged by other players from doing so and the fact that the name Neocron has quite a big black cloud hanging over it mainly from exagerations from old disgruntled players who were banned or quit due to a single occurance of a problem and so left in a foul mood and decided to slate the game on forums and such.

The two of these problems lead to Neocron's third current issue, a lower population which in turn reduces the population. I hope the balancing project brings and keeps people back in the game or brings in some new blood who stay on and bring their friends. This would then give those waiting for a population increase a reason to reactivate, causing the population to rise and more people waiting for a population increase to come back and so on.

To cut a long post short, SorkZmok's got the right idea ;)

NC2 with NC1 population.

rhPhMe
26-09-06, 21:17
what happens if the balancing takes a change for the worse...and makes more people leave...just like the change from nc1 to nc2.....lots of people quit playing ...

the testing on one server will help i guess....but who knows

Game_Over
26-09-06, 21:48
Giga, your temp ban's run out now. :rolleyes:

N
I don't know what you say. You make my head go funny. Who is this giga you speak of?

:confused: :(

Nidhogg
26-09-06, 22:07
My mistake, your ban had 2 days left to run. I say had because I've reset it back to 7 days for ban evasion.

N

Tarn
26-09-06, 22:13

Thats a good idea.. Would work for Neptune seeing its 0% 24/7

NAPPER
27-09-06, 03:51

i would to these day you have to go miles to find anyone to fight thats y people ally kill but if it was like nc1 with all the factions nealy all under one roof you wouldnt even have to gr you could walk everywhere with in the city to find some true pvp battles e.g pepper park wars

Glok
27-09-06, 04:12
neptune rules:

Belts need to be hacked. If the server swarms only teams could hack a belt. This would be parallel to no safe slot. Let's see what rare is in there this time. ;P

No guards except in Via Rosso and then only sparsely.

You lose XP when you die.

I have just hung out to play defense nothing would ever get done. Be like a soldier, 8 hours on 16 off.

Make the faction items even more restictive... when you see that reveller out there wasting grims you know the guu\nner is at least in NExT!

Look you random PK folk, What if the best setup depended on faction.

unreal
27-09-06, 04:47
Belts need to be hacked. If the server swarms only teams could hack a belt. This would be parallel to no safe slot. Let's see what rare is in there this time. ;P
Belts should always be hacked IMO, why else have a skill called "Hacking"?

No guards except in Via Rosso and then only sparsely.
Yay

You lose XP when you die.
Agree to some extent, but I think SI is bad enough when you take into account the time required to get poked back up. Depending on how much XP is lost, it'll just add to the carebare-ness we see today. "ohnoez I dont want to die I might lose a lot of xp"

Make the faction items even more restictive... when you see that reveller out there wasting grims you know the guu\nner is at least in NExT! Look you random PK folk, What if the best setup depended on faction.
In role playing terms it's a nice idea, but considering the current populations, won't it just cause people to ally kill more? "I want the best setup but so does everyone else, so now we're all in the same faction so we can be uber, etc" In other words, everyone will be Crahn to hump their almighty Gaya Glove, balls to that.
There just needs to be a combination of the good things added for the time being really. Faster SI removal, possibly slower poke times, increase the chances of 5 slotted newbie items being constructed so most people stop whining and humping zone lines because they might lose their uber 5 slot Shelter. Remove Para for gods sake. That sort of thing really.

Kallima
27-09-06, 07:19
jeeze. i thought the whining about parashock was over.

get used to it. its like in counter-strike how people complain about AWPs, stop whining and find a way to beat it

Jodo
27-09-06, 07:34
jeeze. i thought the whining about parashock was over.

get used to it. its like in counter-strike how people complain about AWPs, stop whining and find a way to beat it

I suppose if you witness a monk using it then a group of you could hunt them down every time they offend you with it's use. :p
No way to beat the Copbots though with regards to para.