PDA

View Full Version : [OT] Archlord

blackpheonix
23-09-06, 13:34
Ok i see a few ppl have beta tested archlord just wanted to carry on the discussion as triv closed the thread due to advertising (so dont post any links or screenies :P)

i dont mind the game tbh (will never beat NC) im lvl 7 atm and doing lots of quests i have noticed teh NPC cripts are a lil off so to say, for example one quest says see gin tonic (yea :P) but the npc's name is spelt jin tonik the game is far from ready for release

Clive tombstone
23-09-06, 18:26
I think that may be the point if its an NPC, just being a toung in Cheek play on words like that. The game DID sound interesting, with one "Supreme being" player at the epicenter for each faction I think, making your leader "godlike" seeing how they get there own personal army and unique to them flying dragon mount things. So much power! lol, I would totally rampage if I was archlord, that world would be totally screwed XD.

Jodo
23-09-06, 21:24
Yeah, it's got a couple of good ideas. The NPC name was originally spelt Gin Tonic but a lot of the text got changed with the last patch or two. It was very annoying when you had just started out. You were directed to places that didn't quite exist, they just had similar names. Still, it is Beta and obviously not finished. There was a lot of text mix ups like this and it was only fixed a couple of weeks ago.
I'm not sure if we're meant to be going into this much detail or even any detail about it really.

Diabolism
24-09-06, 00:29
meh, it just looked like a less cartoony version of WoW from the screenshots, and i got bored with that, so id prolly get bored with this

please, someone post something to change my mind or i wont bother trying to test it

Pantho
24-09-06, 01:21
Well tbh, I have seen Hundreds of game pics and adverts on this forum -

Its not advertising the link to a Webpage that a MMO is on ...

Just to note the game links ive seen....

Planetside-

WoW-

Eve online

Steam/Valve .... (CS/HL2 etc etc etc)

errr Hitman something...

Far cry

Cant think of the names.... If Triv wants proof i can search : p -
--

anyways to keep ontopic i signed up to Beta BP ... waiting for acceptence.

NAPPER
24-09-06, 01:27
so is this game like guildwars or somthing like that i liked guild wars but then it got boreing for me what you have to do and what sort of chars are they ????

Foo
24-09-06, 02:42
Im part of a comunity of online pvp gamers ( www.redevils.se ) and quite a few of us got into archlord beta .

Here's a little video one of my m8s made http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Odv03QNq6PA (rDe pkfest)

Its a ok game , but they seemed to have realy fucked it over with the last patch.

Worth a try tho maybe.