PDA

View Full Version : [OT] What the hell did my bank just do???

Glok
21-09-06, 01:22
Ok, I had $12 in my account. (yes I know, I'm a po' bastard) but then a $31 fine is levied for an overdraft. But there was no overdraft I had TWELVE FUCKING DOLLARS IN MY ACCOUNT.

Then another $31 charge was added because I was overdraft. Ok no wait just a second?

Nope. A THIRD $31 overdraft charge was applied because I'm obviously the stupidest person in the world. Look some banker fuckers are gonna die soon if 1) I don't get my money back and 2) If they don't fucking suck my cock 5 times tomorrow and swallow and then barf it up on my shoes as polish and then rub that shit to a shine.

LiL T
21-09-06, 01:32
I know what happened i think cos it has happened to me on a few occasions, some one or some thing you normaly pay for tryed to take out more than there was in the account.

$12 does not = $30 :)

/edit

Actully, in the uk you can now get the money back kind of, since its unlawful for them to do it, they are basicly fucking you over even more and its wrong. They should just freeze peoples accounts not charge them for every time some one demands money. I the UK banks will take up to 3 charges in month but no more than 3 and its about £25 - £30 twice as much as yours i think.

Glok
21-09-06, 01:36
edit: Not @ LiL T!

I can't fight the bank. But I can make a huge fucking stink. If this shit fucks me up I swear to the all-living-fucking-almighty-all-that-rules-everything God I will fucking make everyone involved suffer. It's almost embarrassing that this could happen in a world I live in. Gang asshole stretching in prison. Good luck to you you worthless piece of shit. I hope your asshole bleeds all the blood in your body out before you die.

Jodo
21-09-06, 01:42
It could be charges catching up with you because of a bad payment or bounced cheque last week or something. But yeah, it's more likely that a direct debit tried to go out.
I've known of some utility companies to bill too much or to bill when they shouldn't and it can be a fucker of a job telling them that their error has cost you money and they should pay up. It happened to a friend of mine when BT charged him £300 for no reason, then paid him back when he complained and a week later did it again. It's usually because some fucktard on the end of the phone forgets to update your information or updates it incorrectly. If it's left in that state for a week or two then it all goes automatic and they need a supervisor to amend it.
Hope it's not too complicated though. Don't kick off on them until you know why there were charges cos it could be something you forgot about. Good luck.

Glok
21-09-06, 01:51
I don't forget anything. Since I was a little kid I wished I had an edetic memory but I have something better. I look at my past like a landscape. I take my little flashlight and point it back there and learn and see everything I ever wanted to know.

It looks like this bank shit has been cleared up. If not well people will die, but for now, a moderator can close this thread.

NAPPER
21-09-06, 02:01
dude that happened to me i went 38p overdrawn on my account and the bank charge me the following month £40 i was very upset RAWWWWR (lol)

and thats all cos fucking phones 4 u took £40 out for my bill to pay for my phone

RogerRamjet
21-09-06, 02:09
Sometimes banks charge for going near your overdraft.

Its fucking stupid.

Glok
21-09-06, 10:16
Apparently I do forget stuff... I forgot all about this. I woke up just now after one crazy fucking dream wondering 'what the fuck happened last night?' Apparently, this happened. Damn banks.

Oh the dream. Ok. I was part of an elite squad and we ran drills where people actually died. The very first 'clip' was the 'solution' where the problem was solved. The remaining clips were the lot of us trying to solve it.

We were in the bush trying to capture a roadway. The entire dream (it was sequences of clips) was us rushing the roadway in various ways trying to capture it by killing the enemies on the other side. This was a drill but people actually died, every rush involved different 'enemies' though most of us remained the same. I was in a lot of the rushes. Eventually I died too and watched um 3rd person (not really, after I died I watched from above)

Anyways the successful rush had a hero, this dude ran across the roadway and killed every enemy on the other side and then came back across to rejoin the team. What a fucking nutbag.

Pantho
21-09-06, 10:27
1337 -

I got charged £60 for going overdrawn last month...

My bank balance was £55... So im gonna get fucking charged again

:mad:

Glok
21-09-06, 10:38
Dude. :(

Banks are evil. We whine about C2P but the real bastards are our own money handlers. ffs. :*(

rob444
21-09-06, 10:53
I only get charged for the money I took from them :p

Riddle
21-09-06, 14:26
My m8 just got back from 3 months in the states (now in UK) to his bank statement.......He had gone overdrawn by 1.24 on the day he left, he grabbed a sanwdwich and some shit at the airport.

He came back to over £120 in fines!!!! Fuck that and he argued and he basically lost. OUTRAGE ENSUES!

Louiscypher
21-09-06, 14:33
Heh, the last time i went to the bank i walked in with a kalashnikov and came out with some bags, i've never gone into the negative since and the only complaint i have is my gardener who tends to forget a coconut polishing on my palmtrees.

Glok
21-09-06, 15:19
Heh, the last time i went to the bank i walked in with a kalashnikov and came out with some bags, i've never gone into the negative since and the only complaint i have is my gardener who tends to forget a coconut polishing on my palmtrees.Sounds like a good plan. :lol:

Well, this shit isn't cleared up after all. The bank opened 20 minutes ago but I don't think I could talk sense considering how pissed off I am. From what you guys are saying I should just shut up and take it anyways... looks like I'm gonna be the one bleeding to death. :rolleyes:

LiL T
21-09-06, 21:32
Sounds like a good plan. :lol:

Well, this shit isn't cleared up after all. The bank opened 20 minutes ago but I don't think I could talk sense considering how pissed off I am. From what you guys are saying I should just shut up and take it anyways... looks like I'm gonna be the one bleeding to death. :rolleyes:

Well you can at least find out why, then you can go from there :lol:

Yo banks tend to let you get something even if you don't have money, so they can fine you to shit, they make there money this way. I have a £870 overdraft limit and I'm barely ever in the green, they have me by the balls, they use to offer me credit cards all the time and I would refuse. But I took there offer for an overdrafe and i just kept increasing it, now i think i pay like £10 each month while overdraw. Have often got bank charges of £25 but now they increased it to £30 or £35 and a total of 3 charges each month fuck that I aim to pay all this overdraft off and get rid of it or at least reduce it.

Glok
21-09-06, 22:59
Fixed. Woohooo. Now I just gotta find a way to spend that last $12... This is why I wanted my C2P at the beginning of the month though... and the feckers billed me on the 17th. :rolleyes:

Does that mean I got 14 days free playtime though? December will tell the story I guess.

hnlecter
21-09-06, 23:13
I never understood how people overdraft so much. I work at a bank as a teller and people come in with 10 overdrafts and this is pretty much old news as they have continued to do this for the last six months and expect us to refund them. I understand everyone makes a mistake once in a while but some people can't seem to understand how to fill out a check book or give a guess if they think they have 60 dollars in the bank that they can not charge 70.

LiL T
21-09-06, 23:45
I never understood how people overdraft so much. I work at a bank as a teller and people come in with 10 overdrafts and this is pretty much old news as they have continued to do this for the last six months and expect us to refund them. I understand everyone makes a mistake once in a while but some people can't seem to understand how to fill out a check book or give a guess if they think they have 60 dollars in the bank that they can not charge 70.

First of all you work for a bank and probably get payed a fair bit so you would say that.. Second a bank should not charge some one 120 fucking pounds for going £1.25 overdrawn its that simple, banks use the excuse it costs them lots of money when people go overdrawn. It don't all they need to do is just stop people taking money out, they lead out to people who don't have then its theres fault.

imo

/edit I know what you are saying though, if someone keeps doing it then yeah but still the bank should not give away there money, its like aiding people to kill them selfs FFS....

Nidhogg
22-09-06, 00:02
They also order transactions to maximise the pain. For example:

- they're going to charge you £x for every cheque that bounces
- you have 3 cheques outstanding. One for £100, one for £20 and one for £10
- you start with £80 in your account

There's a couple of ways they can do this.

They can honour the £20 cheque then the £10 cheque then bill you £x when the £100 cheque bounces. Sum gain for the bank: £x

or

They can honour the £100 cheque first thus immediately taking you into overdraft and incurring the £x charge. Then they stiff you for £x on the £50 cheque and the £20 cheque. Sum gain for the bank: £3x

Guess which one they do?

N

Pantho
22-09-06, 00:19
oo oo Option 1:)

Mr Kot
22-09-06, 00:20
Remember, kiddies:

An arranged overdraft is your friend :)

Even if you never plan to use it ;)

Glok
22-09-06, 00:39
Remember, kiddies:

An arranged overdraft is your friend :)

Even if you never plan to use it ;)Well I use a visa cheque card, which is always honored even if I go overdraft, but I have no overdraft protection (as they call it here) because I'm pretty careful with my limited funds and I detest the idea of spending money I don't have. Basically I never go overdraft ever, which is why this little episode pissed me off so much.

Scaramanga
23-09-06, 02:28
Lenders are under investigation in the UK for charges rendered. Things might change, but they find a way to overcome it and charge you for stuff unfairly.

Scanner Darkly
23-09-06, 10:22
You think you got screwed? I think someone in the HR department really hates me. I just got my pay slip for this month and I got paid a QUARTER (FOURTH for our American friends) of what I normally do. Yay me!