PDA

View Full Version : mehh been scammed

Wolfy
20-09-06, 00:27
Just been playing for 2 weeks and already been scammed by someone.

I spend 3 days gathering up 12 Rare Tech parts and advertised on the channel. [ edited ] contacted me, [ edited ] came online traded with me for quickly put 70k instead of 700k and then after trade logged off. 700k is alot of money for me since im a newbie. I only saved up 12 Rare parts because I heard people won't buy them unless I have more than 10.

Afterwards I asked in help channel for [ edited ], then after no response I asked "Is [ edited ] a scammer". Then later i found out he has a main ID [ edited ], after he accused me of ruining his name and refused to give me rest of my money simply becasue i asked "is he a scammer" on help channel, then repeatedly swore at me in direct, said if i have a problem i should take it to the GMs.

Well guess as such as world of Neocron.
I just want to post this to warn other new players about him.
Known Alts:
[ edited ]

As I know he is from Tagent
and be extra careful when trade with him.

I myself will probably lay off neocron for a while, until then my unfurinished dapartment will still ned furniture when i come back.

Jill , Out

Dribble Joy
20-09-06, 00:45
Don't quit or lay off because of this. Scamming being 'allowed' is part of the atmosphere (like it or loathe it) of a dingy, dark post-apoc cyber-punk future.
The point is to not trust people, make contacts with regular, known traders and tradeskillers, clan members are usually good for this, or if you're not in a clan just find someone who is clearly a well known and 'trustworthy' person.
You just need to be careful.

Name and shame does help though, so don't feel that because scamming is a potential threat you should keep quiet about people who do it. Tell people, post it here (though the Terra section is probably better) and on the ingame forums.

aKe`cj
20-09-06, 00:55
if you quit over some silly fuck stealin a single "0" character from you, I r gonna bury you in tech parts until you shit metal scrapes. :p

That being said...

While 700k might seem a lot of money to you, let me tell you others have been scammed for 20+ million creds.
Be glad you learned your lesson that cheap and in future look close at who you're trading with and keep a good eye on the trade-window contents.

Roc-a-fella
20-09-06, 01:08
Then later i found out he has a main ID [ edited ],

Same guy called me a scammer.

unreal
20-09-06, 01:10
This is the reason you BOTH have to click OK to complete the trade. Make sure you only click it when the cash/items are what you agreed upon. So try to be more careful in future, unlucky though. Like he said, this is probably a lesson you won't forget, and hopefully will have learned from it for the future.

Be thankful it wasn't some nicely built rare weapon or something worth more than 630k that was scammed. One of my old Storage Cells that had just over 500 or so techs inside was completely empty when I revisited it one day, on my way to store quite a lot more. But because the apartment contents vanished, I just gave the techs I had left to my clan (TFC). So in comparison to the losses some of us have already experienced it's not too much of a big deal, so don't be disheartened by it. Techs are easy to come by anyway, however boring the farming becomes. 8|

Go flatten a few Warbots and hack them, or kill Doomreapers (very easy mobs that spawn near the F12 and F13 Wasteland sectors and don't need hacking, but unfortunately a Grim Chaser usually isn't too far away - they sting!). Doomreapers will usually drop rubbish melee or drone parts, but they're still techs I suppose. The buyer won't know if they weren't worth buying until they're researched.

People WILL buy single techs at a time, but maybe they can't be bothered to run around to buy a lone tech part off someone, which is usually the case. Generally you'll (or at least I used to) get a bit of extra cash when selling them in bulk, depending on the buyer of course. The person you spoke to is probably one of those people I just mentioned who can't be bothered buying them one by one or feels it's a waste of time or simply that he/she is talking out of their arse.

I'll prolly start playing again soon now that the balancing is nearing the public test stages (or at least I hope it is, fingers crossed), if you want a bit of (non LE'd) butt pluggage for gathering a few techs or just levelling, either PM/email me on the forum. :)

Apocalypsox
20-09-06, 01:34
mm...im gonna laugh when [ edited ] finds this thread. ill be sure to put a few bullets in his face if i see him for ya. Scamming aint cool normally, but scamming a newwer player that spent alot of time getting techs is not right.

Pantho
20-09-06, 01:56
[ edited ] doesnt use vent anymore.... i cant shout at him :) -

[ edited ] added to blacklist for my trade anyways

giga191
20-09-06, 13:40
i'd say that you should have killed him for it, but because of the amazing LE and safezones it's not always possible :mad:

Riddle
20-09-06, 13:47
Unlucky m8. :(

Be careful in that dark world of NC :)

Louiscypher
20-09-06, 13:51
man, that sucks.
I know how hard it is to start this game, and i'm even doing it with help from a coworker.

I will ask him if he will help you out, because he is very rich.

EDIT: HE read it and just said "no, it's his own fault".

Kierz
20-09-06, 13:54
i'd say that you should have killed him for it, but because of the amazing LE and safezones it's not always possible :mad:lol=] the LE is the cause for all the negative forum posts atm :P

Nidhogg
20-09-06, 13:57
Feel free to complain about him in-game but it's not allowed here on the forums. I suspect in this case a mistake was made and a conclusion jumped to in haste.

You can discuss what happened so long as no names are used (or any other identifying characteristics).

N

giga191
20-09-06, 15:02
lol=] the LE is the cause for all the negative forum posts atm :P that's because there's so much wrong with it, that it can fit into almost any thread :D

Skusty
20-09-06, 16:02
Scam someone and you'll just get Scammed or Flamed back. Or even worse...

Shortie
20-09-06, 17:14
thats bad luck dude.. you should get back on him somehow ;)

Since scamming others is allowed, i doubt the GM's could do much about it.

Pantho
20-09-06, 19:23
Nid... the first name wasnt a char name ingame,... was a forum name Apoc = the nib above my post lol.

ZoVoS
20-09-06, 22:10
such is the nc life. expect every man woman and child to scam u

giga191
20-09-06, 22:32
i wonder if dirus used to scam people :lol:

Apocalypsox
20-09-06, 22:48
Nid put my name back on thar panthos sentence or it makes 0 sense :lol:

Anyone found [ edited ] yet? i still wanna shoot him -.-

Pantho
20-09-06, 23:12
[ edited ]

Diabolism
20-09-06, 23:17
"beleive in pantho" eh? well you never could spell, but i believe in you

Nidhogg
20-09-06, 23:21
I thought I made it clear not to name people....

Thread closed.

N