PDA

View Full Version : When we get Neptune back after test-server....

Kierz
19-09-06, 03:20
How about changing the ruleset again.. with one main change.. le removed from the server, also give neptune normal xp gain, si and slot chances so it can feel like a real server.

Start a fresh 2 slot int server with all the chars from neptune removed (they can be stored wherever for whatever if you like) it would be a whole new experience starting neocron with everyone killable, you'll need to make alliances with people in your faction and help each other out, especially rare trading and such.

Hopefully after the test-server phase we won't need to worry about parashock and guards destroying the pvp, and maybe if we're really lucky the soullight system might have been looked into so it's not as easy to ally kill then regain 100 SL in 5/10 mins.. personally I feel SL should be scrapped and they should bring back the old changes to all (but neutral) faction sympathys with every kill (where you kill them doesn't matter.. apart from warzones) and guards react to this instead. NPC killing does nothing.

There's quite a while to go till this could become a reality but a propperly setup pvp server started from scratch with LE removed, to go alongside 2.2 being released could be perfect for bringing back all the old neocron players KK lost, as well as all the friends they've made in wow which they can bring over :P

Apocalypsox
19-09-06, 03:41
errrr...wouldnt your ideas change neptune into a normal server...? thats not the point of neptune... :mad:

Pantho
19-09-06, 03:44
No - The only thing that stops a normal server being pure PVP is a LE -

Hell, i was at work during the Death Circuit event, but ill bet your fucking right nut 50% of the people there was LE'd -

Even though it was a PVP event

Fero
19-09-06, 07:21
you bet .... 3 to 5 heads at all times :)

Le ... LE ... LLEEEE ...
All the Le talk is so depressing. how do we solve LE problem ? simple.
Devs need to implement following few rules in next patch. :angel:
LEd Character gets 20x xp bonus till he caps his main Attribute(spies dex or int/monks psi or int/tanks con or str/PEs Dex).Then Le pops out on its own and destroyed, Imp revoved from FMS list too. Xp gain removed and character can function as PvP char. if one desides to remove it before cap, it is ones choice to take.
All that means PEs will be done in less then a day. Monks/spies are done in 2 days and tanks in 3, unless PPued. Less grind .. and more demand for weapons and all the peVepe sugar.
Since we have enough safe zones, where belts do not drop, people should be less affraid of being ganked.
Main idea is to catapult nibs with a speed of light to a fighting status, so they can function in out anti-carebear society.
Tradeskillers should be safe in TH sectors and OP undergrounds, outside they are fair game.
2 things to note .. rares drop 3x the rate we having now ... and MC5s get done just like an epic run, but slightly shorter and can be redone.In the end person get to choose what he gets.

jini
19-09-06, 07:40
it is not a bad idea, considering lack of population to reinvent items distribution system as well. the system is designed with players cooperation on one side and a critical mass on the other. neither one or the other is now in effect on terra mars or neptune

LiL T
19-09-06, 10:06
Neptune with out the LE and the same SL system might not be that bad and if they did stop the SL whoring of NPC's it would be even better imo. So say they stoped people from fixing there SL within 5 mins by killing NPC's but at the same time stoped people losing SL for killing enemys in lvling spots. Hey its meant to be a PVP server I don't see why you could not kill enemys in a lvling zone without losing SL, they could keep the massive SL loss for killing allys and neutrals in citys. This will mean you can still kill an ally in plaza but your gonna regret it big time, remove parra from most of the copbots apart from those which gaurd zonelines and entrances.

/edit

All other rules stay the same, like not having to hack belts to get that nice loot reward, no safe slot, no safezones. What I think the PVP server should be about is intercity fighting with the enemy and perhapes some nutters who wish to be outlaws. True pkers red SL with not much chance or hope to fix it, Think they could reduce the gaurds just a tad eh..

mehirc
19-09-06, 12:04
The LE is a good thing to level up fast and get ready for PvP quickly. Do you really want tons of Noobchars that you can easily PK? That's not the sense in good PvP.

The problem is not really the LE, even without LE the people that don't want PvP will avoid it. The main problem is, that there is nothing that motivates people to take it out. I believe that there are simply not many people that like that sort of random PK, you also see this on Terra (and maybe soon on Mars as well...).

I took the LE out and tried to get a fight experience on Neptune, but it was disillusioning. Everybody fighted against everyboy, the factions didn't matter at all and you couldn't trust even people of the same faction. It simply is much more fun if you can join a fight somewhere and know who is fighting who and who you can support.

Animated
19-09-06, 13:39
Could someone please quickly explain to me how the LE killed Neptune? I wasn't around much when it launched, something I missed.

Mighty Max
19-09-06, 13:54
Ppl kept the LE in until they were leveled up and had the needed items camped enough to be able to replace them quickly. As some took longer then others the first left allready when the rest was ready, so noone found an opponent.

Surprisingly, as a normally non active PvPer i started on neptune from the beginning without an LE and i can't remember to see any of those who want a LEless Neptune now without the LE. Actually all my chars there are still unchallanged. Even the constructor who leveled unprotected in el farid.

LiL T
19-09-06, 13:57
The LE is a good thing to level up fast and get ready for PvP quickly. Do you really want tons of Noobchars that you can easily PK? That's not the sense in good PvP.

The problem is not really the LE, even without LE the people that don't want PvP will avoid it. The main problem is, that there is nothing that motivates people to take it out. I believe that there are simply not many people that like that sort of random PK, you also see this on Terra (and maybe soon on Mars as well...).

I took the LE out and tried to get a fight experience on Neptune, but it was disillusioning. Everybody fighted against everyboy, the factions didn't matter at all and you couldn't trust even people of the same faction. It simply is much more fun if you can join a fight somewhere and know who is fighting who and who you can support.

The problem with neptune was the LE chip plain and simple, Oh boy i chuffed when i capped there but was fucked off by all the idoits that came to the PVP server and still had there LE in even after capping..

/edit I have to admit I kept my LE in till I had all items i needed but thats the problem, its was an option so most took it and some kept it in and lvled to WOC...

unreal
19-09-06, 14:09
The LE should have a large negative effect (preferably with levels/skill points) on your character IMO, to entice people into removing it and engaging in what Neocron is all about. I reckon the bonus should be brought back where if you take your LE out, you'll earn faster experience (compared to having an LE in), too. That, if anything, would be one major reason to take it out. There should always be some sort of bonus from being in danger compared to being without.

LiL T
19-09-06, 14:11
The LE should have a large negative effect (preferably with levels/skill points) on your character IMO, to entice people into removing it and engaging in what Neocron is all about. I reckon the bonus should be brought back where if you take your LE out, you'll earn faster experience (compared to having an LE in), too. That, if anything, would be one major reason to take it out. There should always be some sort of bonus from being in danger compared to being without.

I agree with a bonus added ontop of the current XP gain but no nerf for the current XP gain for LE users.

giga191
19-09-06, 14:11
i still remember all of FF making their neptune chars monks....

Fero
19-09-06, 23:23
In what way that information conveys any relevancy to this thread ?
Since you bring up the subject ... atlest 6 of us had PEs there.
why we didnt play ? population was all LEd and 4% is just laughable.
Stop being child , grow up and change your fan boi mentality.

LE should be in game .. so that nibs can level Up faster, and i mean REALY fast.I do want to see more XP in general when one loses LE. We lack WoC items and disk drop is simply put .. retarded. i see no reason why KK forces us to run in this hamster wheel. Why not just allow people to level up till WOC 5 in a month and let them get that "uber, yet means nothing" status. what do we gain by having it ?
nothing ... no gadgets, no accessories, no weapons , no armors ( i think new armors are clowns joke btw ... seriously). What is the purpose of leveling after cap anyway ? it actualy makes people more bored and unsatisfied. Like nobody ever though to himself after 6 cave runs:" wtf i am doing this shit for ? ". i hope vets know where i am going with this question.

Le should be a huge jump start for new people and not a piece of GMs armor for all.