PDA

View Full Version : Why do you all use LE?

Schagraulyn
18-09-06, 22:56
Seems so as if lots of terra players use LE, because of having only one PK character. I think something goes wrong here ...

How about sttopping support to each other and don t play together any longer :)

Diabolism
18-09-06, 23:01
i think a lot of people on terra are fed up of the random ganking, tbh i cant complain, i have been known to do it too, but agreed LE wouldnt be needed if more people worked together, plus itd be more people to kill

Glok
18-09-06, 23:02
Hm LOL

My last reasonably levelled char using an LE was my monk in the end of NC1. I was going to make him a hunting char but um around /35 I got tired of that and pulled it out. The last time before that I had an LE'ed char was NC1 beta4. :lol:

silent000
18-09-06, 23:03
Ally Killing is fun, if we had more population we wudnt have to kill allys cough server merge cough

Nvidia
18-09-06, 23:23
I was always very big on the "NO LE!" thing until I came back to try NC in like April... it fucking rediculous how much Allied Teamkilling was going on. Now, I'll be the first to admit that I've done my fair share of ally pking in the past, but it was only ever in retaliation because people wouldn't leave me the fuck alone.

but I came back, and I couldn't walk into a non-safezone without some green guy pulling a weapon on me - I loved this game for how you could find someone in the same faction you've never even met before, and with instant cooperation, team up to kill the two reds over the hill.

It was an incredible feeling to know there were people who could back you because they too were part of your faction - I saw none of that when I came back to try in April, and unfortunately, since DarK has long since retired from this game and I had no one to support me, and with the APU/PPU teams running rampant, I was just spy fish food for anyone, whether they were red, green, or yellow.

Why did it get like this? Probably because this game has some of the hardest sons-a-bitches the PVP MMO world has ever seen, and with a small population, the predators are gonna turn on themselves to satisfy their taste for CGI-blood :)

Call me when it's changed - I've got four capped PVP-ready characters who miss the adrenaline rush of 3 vs 1 and winning. I miss all the good times. :(

Diabolism
18-09-06, 23:25
Ally Killing is fun, if we had more population we wudnt have to kill allys cough server merge cough

lol to be honesdt you're right, if there were more people to kill less people would be randomly killed.....if that makes sense

server merge would be cool, cept the slot number problem

Jagrfelm
18-09-06, 23:35
Why i keep the LE in? Even though many of my Chars are near Cap?
PK, thats why. Not even CMs are safe from getting pked anymore.
Im not good at PvP, i can live with that, why cant others?
Why should i take my LE out when i get killed nearly instantly after that?

Roc-a-fella
18-09-06, 23:35
How about sttopping support to each other and don t play together any longer :)

How about going to your forum where you can actually make sense? (i hope)

giga191
18-09-06, 23:36
i'd rather have no ally killing than have an LE (look closely at the word ally, because it is not spelt 'n e u t r a l', seeing as so many neutrals say that im an ally killer for killing them)

Glok
18-09-06, 23:38
Yeah a server merge can't work.. unless it had 9 slots? 11 slots?

Diabolism
18-09-06, 23:42

you make a good point, but without the practice how will you ever learn, cap your chars remove your LE and have some fun pk'ing, take the fight back to those who fight you

giga191
18-09-06, 23:47
Yeah a server merge can't work so why not offer a full character copy? it's both optional and no one can complain because it's optional ;)

Glok
18-09-06, 23:49
so why not offer a full character copy? it's both optional and no one can complain because it's optional ;)I guess but if it's optional it has no chance of throwing us all in the same pot together. ;)

Apocalypsox
18-09-06, 23:55
my le stays in for a average of 4 days on my characters...thats long enough for me to get them to PvP status. i do leave my LEs in on my hybrid traders though.

Torg
19-09-06, 00:21
Ally Killing is fun, if we had more population we wudnt have to kill allys cough server merge coughso you are killing allys because no enemies are ready at hand? unfortunately this is plain lazyness and plainly opposite to skill.

Kierz
19-09-06, 02:16
Why should i take my LE out when i get killed nearly instantly after that?cause it's part of the atmosphere, otherwise you can sit in an enemy op while theres hundereds of reds around you, and you can still happily level away.. the game is far more enjoyable without it.. it's harder YES but a lot more fun

Nvidia
19-09-06, 03:11
i'd rather have no ally killing than have an LE (look closely at the word ally, because it is not spelt 'n e u t r a l', seeing as so many neutrals say that im an ally killer for killing them)
I agree with this statement. No LEs would be great, but only if you could actually trust the other characters you have to interact with each day in the game.

If this game had strict-as-fuck faction rules where you take such a major dive that pulling the trigger on more than one ally in a period of three weeks or so would pretty much screw your character for good (AKA: teaching people that greens are your friends and you shouldn't mow them down), but there were no safe zones or LEs, I think that this would work out VERY well. I've always felt that people should have to trust each other in order to get anywhere in this game. I've also always felt that if you're in your factions most-guarded place (assuming there are no safezones), you shouldn't have to worry about john b. trying to kill you unless you royally screwed him over in the past.

I can only hope that after the rebalance, KK will turn their attention towards OP and Clan Wars, and straightening out the faction/SL system so that people will stop "getting bored" and start playing the system like it was designed to be played. Not only does Ally-PK turn away veterans who used to play and have a great time fighting alongside their faction buddies against the red guys (like me :(), but it also puts a horrible taste in a noob's mouth when he asks one of his fellow faction people for directions on how to MB and instead gets a HL to the face.

You can't even begin to imagine how counter-productive that is to a population that is SUPPOSED to be growing. We have to stop "getting bored", and start playing the right way. Or this game isn't going to make it. :(

Mortikai
19-09-06, 05:04
You can't even begin to imagine how counter-productive that is to a population that is SUPPOSED to be growing. We have to stop "getting bored", and start playing the right way. Or this game isn't going to make it.

A-fucking-men. I don't even PvP yet, and I completely agree with what you're saying. I think I would have tons of fun in a system where there are no LE's, and your only safety is the friendship you earn with the people around you. Isn't that like 75% of what an MMORPG is about? I mean, yeah it's about playing with multiple people, and a game that never truly gets old, but its also really about teamwork, something that doesn't seem to be that apparent, I've noticed. The only trust-worthy runner groups Ive ever seen, are composed of people who are personal friends prior to playing NC.

rob444
19-09-06, 05:33
i think a lot of people on terra are fed up of the random ganking, tbh i cant complain, i have been known to do it too, but agreed LE wouldnt be needed if more people worked together, plus itd be more people to kill

Yeah, I rather keep my LE in until level 50ish. When I reach level 50, I am more than happy to remove my LE to replace it with another imp and I get this really urge to kill someone... :p

jini
19-09-06, 05:46
I will keep my LEs to my droner tradeskiller, since I dont want to get hit by my drones, but I want to level fast. Later, I will remove it

SorkZmok
19-09-06, 06:22
Seems so as if lots of terra players use LE, because of having only one PK character. I think something goes wrong here ...

How about sttopping support to each other and don t play together any longer :)Oh god, please don't start spamming the english communitiy talk aswell.

You're annoying enough only on the german forums. And trust me, english people are the same as germans. There's just less carebears on the forums. So don't even try it.

jini
19-09-06, 07:29
Jagu, do you want to try some neofrags on terra? have you ever tried that? If not I can help you with some nfs in there. Actually pvp is really easy, but you need a bit of practice, and I will share with you the single Most important thing that makes a difference (and no, it's not setups :p)

Darq[Terra]
19-09-06, 10:20
As a newcomer to NC, I feel I have to keep my LE in, which is rather unfortunate. I think the mechanics here simply cause NC to shoot itself in the foot with regard to building the player base.

At */35, it seems whenever I try to go hunting, practically every person I encounter will fire off rounds at me hoping I have my LE out, so I leave it in. The severe downside to this is it prevents me from joining a clan and building the kind of relationships that would allow me to more quickly understand the game and gain trusted allies for PVP. This is unlike any other MMO where I could start up, join a clan, quickly learn a great deal more about the game than I would solo, create allies for PVP, and most importantly, develop bonds with other players and enhance my social involvement in the game. A MMO's lifeblood is it's community, and if that's broken, or at least handicapped so it is more difficult to grow, well, then you have Neocron and its player base.

solling
19-09-06, 10:38
the game is far more enjoyable without it.. it's harder YES but a lot more fun

not evryone feels that way kraz people who keep the le in cuz they dont wanna pvp but play the game for some other reason. Who are u to decide how other people should play their game ?

i agree with nvidia 100% when u can never be sure who and what is shooting u a lot just descide to keep the le in, game was a lot more fun when it was red vs green , not green vs green (cough pluto :p ) sure some green vs green i can understand liek some clans going to war with each other for some odd reason but randomly ganking greens well i will never get that, if its cuz u cant find reds then man people are lazy, i find red people all the time, maybee some people should move away form the inner city zonelines u wont find any reds there.

Brammers
19-09-06, 10:43
Only 2 of my characters have LE's in. I will pull the LE out as I'll clan them, but while I'm in other factions getting the epic items I need, I'm keeping it in. It saves me the hassle of sending the clan to gank the ganker. :p

giga191
19-09-06, 10:52
I guess but if it's optional it has no chance of throwing us all in the same pot together. ;) i think it would have a chain reaction with everyone ending up on the same server, but because it's optional, no one would complain about the incompatibility between the server slots

LiL T
19-09-06, 11:26
']As a newcomer to NC, I feel I have to keep my LE in, which is rather unfortunate. I think the mechanics here simply cause NC to shoot itself in the foot with regard to building the player base.

At */35, it seems whenever I try to go hunting, practically every person I encounter will fire off rounds at me hoping I have my LE out, so I leave it in. The severe downside to this is it prevents me from joining a clan and building the kind of relationships that would allow me to more quickly understand the game and gain trusted allies for PVP. This is unlike any other MMO where I could start up, join a clan, quickly learn a great deal more about the game than I would solo, create allies for PVP, and most importantly, develop bonds with other players and enhance my social involvement in the game. A MMO's lifeblood is it's community, and if that's broken, or at least handicapped so it is more difficult to grow, well, then you have Neocron and its player base.

You just shown how the LE chip is evil and a big game killer, people should not be sheltered from the real game play. The real neocron is rather brutal and harsh, back when i first played the LE was to be taken out if you wanted to lvl as fast as people with no LE in. So I took my LE out first day I made my first character, enemys use to come into the aggies and kill people, it was the norm. TG and BD could walk around neocron at will, there was no Dome Of York, There was about 600 people on saturn when I first started playing.

The noob lvling areas were patroled by pkers hourly but were also patroled by anti pk clans, It was a nice balance and getting pked as a noob sucks but it added to the games atmospere. It added the challenge and made you think one day I'm gonna kill those fuckers when I'm capped, lol I even had my own KOS list on a bit of paper. I use to be a total carebear and hated pking, so on my uncapped tank with no rare weapon (TPC) i use to try and kill them back.

One day though I had enough of being a tank forever lvling and created my PE and focused on PVP, with pking for no reason in mind.. I wanted to roleplay as a murderer, it was totaly new to me but within the first 1 hour I had killed some person in the aggies he was a noob and so was I. I got some sort of kick out of it and was shaking uncontrolably, wow that fucker did not even see it comming :lol: and is now dead with SI and very annoyed I bet. I remeber getting told off by darkana for killing him :( darkana had just started his/her character that day also and was in the aggies with no LE chip. Think that was the only time I saw darkana without an LE chip ^^ no offence though, you where the nicest monk on the server always helpfull :-)

solling
19-09-06, 11:43
again people have DIFFERENT gameplay some play for pvp SOME dont let people make their own choice

jini
19-09-06, 11:54
Lore, Krazor is simply expresses his opinion in the matter, which also happens to be 100% correct. We DO enjoy the game more with LEs out. Granted there are some players that have decided to keep LE in, but most of them have already tested pvp one way or another (Darkana for instance). There is a chance, that because of current population crisis people don't ever GET a chance to see what pvp is or how a duel is done. What do you all say we show them?

solling
19-09-06, 11:58
people can have their own opinion. what i dont liek is people trying to get the le chip removed or forcing people to get rid of the LE. and its cool that u guys enjoy the game more without le thats fine so do i, none of my chars have le in BUT i do want people to be able to make their own descision in stead of having it forced upon them.

LE should always be an option

Mighty Max
19-09-06, 12:02
If you take away the LE these players dont magically turn into active PvPers. They might just stop playing, or are easy fish.

What have you won in this situation? Now you can't find more fun to fight opponents as before and you have more problems to find a soul to talk friendly to.

Ppl say what they like on neocron are the many options you got to act and do. Removing one is not going to advance the game.

jini
19-09-06, 12:03
Nobody enforces anything or is able to enforce anything in this game. Players get feedback from whoever they get feedback and decide on their own free will. However I do bet that there are players that don't know how to duel or have'nt even tested it. And the LE even while its in it doesn't block pvp ;)

solling
19-09-06, 12:04
LE does not block pvp in NF i belive, but its true PvP is 99% of this game and why old times stay everyone should try it at least.

CMaster
19-09-06, 12:05
Removing the LE doesn't really fix anything.
You know those guys who keep playing as capped characters with LEs in? I'm sure you do.
Well, you take away their LE and they will bitch at KK to "carebearise" everything. Then they will quit. Net result? No benefit to anybody. Don't think that removing LE will make you gankers have more prey to hunt - the kind of player who doesnt want to have to put up with that kind of thing won't.
The only difference you will see is that new characters can now be killed by capped players. Well whoop-de-doo, what a fun element of gameplay we have added there.

jini
19-09-06, 12:10
Instead of philosophising, just make teams with volunteers and show them what they miss. I will gladly help in that matter. This is how you advance the game, the ONLY way we can do it on our part.

Edit: What Lilt points out in his post bellow mine, is of utmost importance. We don't need to be cocky claiming how uber we are, so yes this is very important

LiL T
19-09-06, 12:20
Imo some people using the LE are really shy of PVP, there is the option for them to try it in NF but I bet they feel they will just get owned and laughed at. Most of the time thats not true, I have fought LE'd peeps in NF and beaten them easyly then explained to them how they could get better at it, I even gave them con setup and implant setup advice. Now I might not be the best teacher in the world but these same LE'd people came back to NF on another day and were alot harder for me to beat after our little talk.

Removing the LE doesn't really fix anything.
You know those guys who keep playing as capped characters with LEs in? I'm sure you do.
Well, you take away their LE and they will bitch at KK to "carebearise" everything. Then they will quit. Net result? No benefit to anybody. Don't think that removing LE will make you gankers have more prey to hunt - the kind of player who doesnt want to have to put up with that kind of thing won't.
The only difference you will see is that new characters can now be killed by capped players. Well whoop-de-doo, what a fun element of gameplay we have added there.

These types of people are a minority in the gaming world, you want examples play eve-online and get ganked to shit even in highsec space. Guess how many played on that one server only recently, 30 flipping thousand and you can get killed anywhere there is no LE chip in eve. The loss from being killed in eve dwarfs the loss in neocron FFS.. Neocron is carebear easy mode.

I can have my alt fit a geddon (amarr battleship) with all smart bombs, then eject him and board it with my pirate main, in the middle of a high sec space mining op and set off all smart bombs kill them all befor the police arrive. Or I could cargo scan people in high sec space and then gank them with a raven and my alt or someone else will scoop up there loot. Theres been countless whines on the eve forums about this but they are all the same people amongst thousands of players and so get told to STFU and the server pop just keeps on rising... :rolleyes:

Another corp can war dec another corp and give them a proper griefing in supposed safe space but you see no where is safe. You don't put in the effort to protect your self and your corp by hiring good pvpers, you will die and its as simple as that in eve-online. But the server pop keeps rising and the player base keeps growning, so don't give me the whole people will leave crap, people have already left due to the LE chip and stupid SL system..

/edit

Oh and what you gonna do when my self and others leave this game for good for a better game? How will you play with just 50 or so roleplayers all LE'd? Sit around a camp fire signing fucking kumbaya?

Its not a single player game so lets not make it..

solling
19-09-06, 12:24
also LEd people can fight each other in NF train toghether before they decide to remove their LE

Mighty Max
19-09-06, 12:46
These types of people are a minority

http://www.nickyee.com/daedalus/archives/001466.php

solling
19-09-06, 12:52
i personally think that this game would do better without the grief\ gankers more newbies would prolly stay , only my guess tho. Making it all pvp without le is not gonna bring more players only KK can do that.

more people prefer pve then pvp look at all the fantasy

pve games they have alot more people then nc altho nc is pvp.
we need new stuff puplishing etc to make NC active again

LiL T
19-09-06, 13:12

I don't care dude, without PVPer you have no game end of story.

/edit this is not sims online its strongly PVP so if you fuck off the pvpers without adding decent content the game will die. You thing those mobs in the canyon that go "ARGGHH" and burn you is a decent replacement for pvp? Your in a dream world, this game will die if it gets so carebear that we can't have fun.

If I wanted PVE I would play AO, its more stat based and equitment and grind, has more RP etc, its better at it then NC

Mighty Max
19-09-06, 13:27
It is you who want a change to the game, not me.

If you can't understand players with other motivations to play the game, then ignore them. If you can't ignore them, your bad.

Nullvoid
19-09-06, 13:27
The game can be as much about item collection and hunting mobs as pvp. Which you find most fun is surely a personal thing. I know I will never remove my tradeskiller's LE as he has been specced for precisely zero combat ability/resists, which makes travelling around not a lot of fun.

solling
19-09-06, 13:28
not all feel that way tho lil t u do yes but u r not the only one playing. I would never play this game without pvp as well but i think people who want to play this game without pvp should be allowed to.

giga191
19-09-06, 14:18
http://www.nickyee.com/daedalus/archives/001466.phpall that graph shows is that there is a very large group of pvp players in the world, yet there is no mmorpg that properly caters for this. So why not steer NC towards a decent PvP enviroment, rather than targetting the already saturated and fiercely competitive PVE market.

I don't think that the game as it is currently is ready to have the LE removed, but with a working ruleset there should be no special implant that allows people to avoid PvP, and they should have to use the exising mechanics in game to avoid or deal with PvP (aka, playing by the rules).

jini
19-09-06, 15:17
I was shocked by this poll, even though we don't know where do they got this sample from and how. Anyway you got two things mighty Max:

- you have those AI mobs ingame that are stupid most of the time and you can trick them as much as you like. They are so stupid that you can, exploit cases that you can kill a 120/120 mob even as a 0/1 noob. This is no challenge.

- Challenge is when you try to outsmart real human opponents and gain advantages using skill or brains for that purpose, and its not that easy. You can exercise that in cron only doing pvp

In the end, it's what you are seeking

jini
19-09-06, 15:26
I do believe, that the problem with the LE is the loss of items in the game and the accompanied difficulty one might have, particularly in one slot servers. It's the same old story with stupid player shops. And I have said it 1000 times already. This game needs to focus in skills/strategies more than items. I hate items. I have never had any decent item collected. NEver

Glok
19-09-06, 15:29
Well when you find a cst for some item you might drop, get 5 made instead of 1... searching for a cst every time you die... that would even drive me nuts (tho I have a cster...)

jini
19-09-06, 15:35
On the other hand, there has to be some kind of compensation for killing someone. I dunno the whole thing might need some improvements, but it's definitely problematic as it is now

Torg
19-09-06, 15:50
... this is not sims online its strongly PVP so if you fuck off the pvpers without adding decent content the game will die....unfortunately you are wrong this time. Neocron is in fact "the Sims, end of the 3rd millennium expansion pack". some would also call it "Role Playing Game" and it does not need ally killing to be fun. i'm not exactly sure how to put it without hurting your feelings, mate, but it's you and the like-minded people who are the minority. no matter if it's NC or eve. but i still think there is room for you in NC.

the difference is: some people just want to fight in neocron, complaining about penalties for certain kills, while others want to do a lot of different things in this online world, complaining about interruptions of their activities by random killers. it's the set of rules made by KK to make those two group co-existing.

and yes, i do think, we need a "new neptune".

SorkZmok
19-09-06, 16:47
the difference is: some people just want to fight in neocron, complaining about penalties for certain kills, while others want to do a lot of different things in this online world, complaining about interruptions of their activities by random killers. it's the set of rules made by KK to make those two group co-existing.

and yes, i do think, we need a "new neptune".Those two groups would perfectly work with each other if only there actually was a working SL and faction symp system. Thats the major fault. That's why KK just can't remove the LE. It's way too easy to abuse the system. If there actually were penalties for pking allies and noobs NC would work without the LE. Or maybe with an LE that pops out after a few levels.

Most people that get pked waste more time whining about it than it would take them to get that item they dropped replaced and get back to leveling or whatever they were doing. I just can't see the problem in getting shot in the back from time to time. Assuming the SL/FS system was working.

And no, then we would not need a new neptune. We've seen it didn't work. It won't work next time.

giga191
19-09-06, 17:12
you only need to look at the most recent stories to realise why the LE needs to go.

the f**king neocron leader was assasinated! therefore assasinations must constitute RP, and therefore the LE is in direct conflict with RP. Players can choose to RP whoever the hell they want, but when they put in a LE they are preventing other players from having the freedom to properly take part in the DoY vs NC roleplay.

so KK, for the love of god make some proper pvp rules so we can get rid of the LE.

rookee
19-09-06, 17:20

amen to that. there is so much stuff to do besides pvp, adventures that you specifically gear up for... and then accidentally run into some twat that kills you despite being a faction ally, just because he's capped and bored to death, not knowing what else to do.

Mighty Max
19-09-06, 17:33
the f**king neocron leader was assasinated! therefore assasinations must constitute RP, and therefore the LE is in direct conflict with RP. Players can choose to RP whoever the hell they want, but when they put in a LE they are preventing other players from having the freedom to properly take part in the DoY vs NC roleplay.

That simply makes no sense at all to me. Lets look at the scene:
You are raiding zone xyz. There is a LE runner you can't kill. He does not allow you to take actions against him.
Now we remove the LE:
You are reaiding zone xyz. There is no runner you can kill. The not available runner does not allow you to take actions against him.

Neocron allows a lot of interactions between players. One of the _many_ is to kill them. Beeing not able to kill them still leaves you able to interact with them in another way.

You know this is a game many different ppl play. It is not up to me to decide what you got to do, as well it is not up to you to decide what i have to do. Please respect this.

Kierz
19-09-06, 18:19
neocron is a shit PvE game, just admit it, the AI is patheticly basic (no offence, i don't care personally).. there's loads of mmorpgs already that focus on PvE.. neocron started out focused on PvP which made it different, it had it's own community of players who liked PvP based mmorpgs, gradually nc has been getting more and more carebear and PvE based cause KK are seeing how much money other companies are making from PvE mmorpgs, but no offence again, the company is just too small to compete, they need to concentrate on being the #1 PvP mmorpg not the #8 (or whatever) PvE mmorpg.

and man, i don't even have a clue where the arguement comes from anyway.. i recently level'd up my tank on mars, removed LE while i was going up the lift in the first mc5 room.. and i didn't get attacked till i was 45/38ish and that in an enemy warzone by an enemy rifle spy with no poison resist.. and i was using pot.. he died :p

oh and we're not saying remove LE so we can get easy kills, it's so we can have the real rollplay back in the game.. imagine this scenario.. a team of 3/4 anti city monks/tanks run into the city through outzone and sneak into pepper park and through to plaza and get into the plaza2.. theres a few people lvling, you kill them.. they scream on alliance letting the rest of the city know, then a load of pro city turn up and get into a big fight with the anti city and the low lvlers get to watch their city being defended propperly =] a lot more fun for all than the anti city just standing there looking at the LE'd pro city runners staring back at them then going back to killing the same mobs again and again, get some varirity to your neocron experience..

also if we had REAL symp/soullight rules where it actually effected you for killing an ally (low lvl or not) then people just wouldn't do it.. it's not worth anything anyway.. personally (as an mc tank) if i see someone i pull my pob out and run up to them, and if by the time im at them they havent drawn a weapon i just stand there, maybe give them a swipe if they're high level enough to take it, if they don't want to fight back then i'll move on (disapointed of course =p) but it's not worth killing someone if they're not fighting back, and it's definately not worth it if you mess up your sympathies and can't go in the city sectors without being blasted by guards for a few weeks without a damn thing you can do to reraise your symp.

edit/ you will see our point lore =x (p.s. you still on terra? isn't it dead..)

giga191
19-09-06, 18:28
Neocron allows a lot of interactions between players. One of the _many_ is to kill them. Beeing not able to kill them still leaves you able to interact with them in another way. ....or?? you could talk to them unless they put you on their ignore list?

DR REED
19-09-06, 18:40
Oh god, please don't start spamming the english communitiy talk aswell.

You're annoying enough only on the german forums. And trust me, english people are the same as germans. There's just less carebears on the forums. So don't even try it.

Ok, SORKZMOG, think you are the front runner of intolerance and bootless remarks here. Should be valid for 90% of your 3,960 = 3564 contributions. What did you say related to the thread ? Who's annoying ?

all that graph shows is that there is a very large group of pvp players in the world, yet there is no mmorpg that properly caters for this. So why not steer NC towards a decent PvP enviroment, rather than targetting the already saturated and fiercely competitive PVE market.

That's not giga, that's simple misinterpreted. If you would read the graph correct, you would come to some astonishing results: (only male )

1. Nearly two third (54%) of the people joined the poll prefer PVE, only one third (34%) does same for PVP. The PVP group is the minority.

2. If we transfer the poll to the PK-oriented discussions running here, i suppose for surety that ppl like you which everytime muddle PVP with PK are belonging to the "Strongly Prefer PVP" group. Am i right with this ? Then take note of the shown poll in which this are 18,3 % of the people. A minority.

If i look through the thread answers here i am aware of the fact that you and few other guys filling the threads, often more than 3-6 answers per thread. It is your intention to simulate a bigger "weight" in the com than you actually have ?

I bet.

Reasons for what ppl use the LE option may varify. Some of them are really pure PVE ppl which do not have any interest in beeing your birdseed. Some of LE users are really fancied by Roleplay. Did you ever read the advertisers of REAKKTOR for this game ? Whats your problem to accept that there are players with LE around you ? Did they ever pked you ? :lol:

Guess this is your real problem (- or maybe strategy ?): You are not able to difference between PVP and brainless PK. But denial of beiing a dully PK victim for your game fun is one of the major reasons for LE ppl to keep the LE.

Mighty Max
19-09-06, 19:21
they need to concentrate on being the #1 PvP mmorpg not the #8 (or whatever) PvE mmorpg.

That's totally plausible.

Just look at it like a balance. You can make one side weight more by adding something on this side, or removing something on the other.

What you want is - and i think i got this right - more PvP opponents (correct me if im wrong). To reach this goal, you got to add something to the PvP side of the balance.

If you however remove something from the other side (the LE) you are making the balance go to PvP too, but the overall weight of the PvP side stays the same. You have won nothing. The overall (game) has lost weight (players)

The situation to change:
PvM PvP

==------o------==

The situation after removing the LE. Balance changed to PvP, yet it didnt win anything

==--- *
---o--- **
---==

The situation i think would suit you better. Balanced changed to PvP, because PvP won features / more attraction.

==--- **
---o--- **
---==

@giga:
Everything that is related to cooperative playing.
- running clubs/cooperations (you interact with them as a customer or the one running the business)
- doing jobs for ppl/your faction (you interact with the directly)
- taking part in events (you interact with your whole faction/alliance)
- supporting the advancement of other runners (from noob guidance to endgame missions/tasks (i.e. WoC))
- social interaction (hierarchies, groups & teams)
Don't you do any of this without the LE?

SorkZmok
19-09-06, 19:49
Ok, SORKZMOG, think you are the front runner of intolerance and bootless remarks here. Should be valid for 90% of your 3,960 = 3564 contributions. What did you say related to the thread ? Who's annoying ?Comming from you, i take that as a compliment. And seriously, that guy took it way too far on the german forums and i bet only came over because no on on the german forums couldn't stand his posts anymore. Hence he is banned now anyway. :)
And i posted stuff apart from that. Next time just read the whole thing first.

1. Nearly two third (54%) of the people joined the poll prefer PVE, only one third (34%) does same for PVP. The PVP group is the minority.

2. If we transfer the poll to the PK-oriented discussions running here, i suppose for surety that ppl like you which everytime muddle PVP with PK are belonging to the "Strongly Prefer PVP" group. Am i right with this ? Then take note of the shown poll in which this are 18,3 % of the people. A minority.
Polls on this forum are far from reality. And anyway, NC IS a pvp orientated game. Face it.

If i look through the thread answers here i am aware of the fact that you and few other guys filling the threads, often more than 3-6 answers per thread. It is your intention to simulate a bigger "weight" in the com than you actually have ?

I bet.It's not our intention. It's a fact. That and our huge egos. :lol:

Reasons for what ppl use the LE option may varify. Some of them are really pure PVE ppl which do not have any interest in beeing your birdseed. Some of LE users are really fancied by Roleplay. Did you ever read the advertisers of REAKKTOR for this game ? Whats your problem to accept that there are players with LE around you ? Did they ever pked you ? :lol: And does roleplay NOT include pvp? Who made that up?

jini
19-09-06, 20:13
Guys, are we all sure we are playing the same game? You chose to play neocron for PvM??????????!!!!!!! I can understand now what happened to this game all this time

Dr. Reed how long are you playing this game? and who the f*** is this site giving away polls like these?

Mighty Max
19-09-06, 20:22
Guys, are we all sure we are playing the same game? You chose to play neocron for PvM??????????!!!!!!!

Where does someone say sthat this is the only intention? Guys keep away from the black or white thinking. There are many facets in this game.

and who the f*** is this site giving away polls like these?

Read it, all the info is given there. If you find anything that shows this site is wrong or biased let us know.

Diabolism
19-09-06, 20:30
i chose to play Neocron because i find it fun to create a setup, find out whats shit with it, and correct it, whether it be for pvm or pvp

Jagrfelm
19-09-06, 20:36
I had a Char once without LE, long ago (and i dont mean a Month or two).
I already fought in Neofrag (moren once) and i didnt lose everytime even though none of my Chars is capped yet (just cant sit 20 Hours in front of my PC and lvl). And i state it only ONE Time:

PVP does NOT give me ANYTHING!

Clear to all now? I only sometimes try NF (cause it IS Fun when its other then: Green? Yellow? Red? Dont care, youre KOS!!).
So long.

solling
19-09-06, 21:34
edit/ you will see our point lore =x (p.s. you still on terra? isn't it dead..)

terra FTW i dont wanan goto mars and lvl yet another char etc

might as well fight apu ppu teams and xbow pes on terra

giga191
19-09-06, 21:53
That's not giga, that's simple misinterpreted. If you would read the graph correct, you would come to some astonishing results: (only male )

. let me put things into better perspective: there are millions of MMORPG players. therefore there are a LOT of pvper players out there who are probably pulling their hair out over the fact that there are no decent pvp mmorpgs out there (even with that minority percentage). so going into the pvp market would be exploiting a very nice niche market, where as making it a PVE based game would put it into the same market as games like WoW, and tbh KK has neither the skill nor the resources to turn NC into such a game.

@giga:
Everything that is related to cooperative playing.
- running clubs/cooperations (you interact with them as a customer or the one running the business)
- doing jobs for ppl/your faction (you interact with the directly)
- taking part in events (you interact with your whole faction/alliance)
- supporting the advancement of other runners (from noob guidance to endgame missions/tasks (i.e. WoC))
- social interaction (hierarchies, groups & teams)
Don't you do any of this without the LE? I find that selling drugs to players isn't as effective if they have a LE in, for various reasons ;)

Seriously, my character is a BD drug dealer, and I DO rp whether you believe it or not. When I say RP, I don't just mean at special events, I mean I do it while driving around in the wastelands, although funnily enough, most people just go "wtf" and seem confused :D

aKe`cj
20-09-06, 00:41
I find it interesting how people mix up PvP and the joy of ganking players that dont stand a chance.

Killing a newb, may it be rank or skill thats missing, knowingly you are giving the other person grief and making him upset might be fun to you... if thats the case, removing LEs would be paradise.

I know many LE'd players that do like PvP in Neocron, they dislike the ganking tho.
My personal idea for an improvement would be to

Limit the LE effects to city and dungeon zones
Allow LE players to join clans

This would cater both needs:
a) LE players wouldnt be made social outcasts and would have better chances to integrate themselves into a community by joining a clan
b) The group of potential PvPers grows (PvP as in Player-vs-Player, not Player-vs-Prey). People moving through Wasteland, Outskirt or Battlefield sectors should _have_ to face the danger of getting involved in fights. Wether they wear an LE or not.

The prime reasons for KK to disallow clan-access for LE'd folks wouldnt be of impact anymore. Clan means OP hacking and OPs are a no-no with LEs protective features, ...no OPs in city or dungeon zones tho.

Darq[Terra]
20-09-06, 01:54
It's not as simple as PVP'ers not knowing about the game. There was a major upset in AO PVP a couple months ago that included some unjust suspensions due to an excessive campaign of people from the "other side" to petition that these people were exploiting every time they showed up in a PVp area. A number of the game's top PVP'ers (On Rimor) ended up quiting AO, I amongst that group (even though I'm not a big PVPer). We had a big discussion about what MMO the people could move to with good PVP support. I'd played NC1 in beta, so I re-established an account here to check out NC2, and reported back with a lot of information to this group of players, but not a single one was interested in NC. Some went to Eve, some went to WoW (ironically, that's where the biggest PVPer went). There was a variety of reasons no one came here, and none of it had to do with the lack of PVP. And before you laugh about WoW, the people I'm talking about were the driving force behind clan PVP on Rimor, the kind who obsessively organized OP raids and strategies (in fact, they were on their 6th OP raid of the day when the GM showed up and started suspending people without cause).

There must be more to an MMO than PVP, otherwise they'd all just go play CS or something. As I said, the lifeblood of a MMO is it's community, and this is where I see NC's biggest problem. The LE allows for NC to have more than just PVP, albeit to a limited extent, so if you remove that, it's just going to put another nail in this game's coffin. If KK would work on expanding other parts of the game, make it easier for new players to come, and dropping in more content, the player base could grow and you would have more people to participate in PVP with. Open up clans for LE'd players so we can join in and become more involved in the community, but add rewards for those that choose to remove their LE's, take AO for example: if your clan has a OP in its posession, the clan's members can gain bonuses, but if you don't participate in PVP, you'll never gain an OP. There are also major boss mobs that are in PVP zones, so again, unless you get into the PVP, you'll never get to participate or collect the rare loot from them.

You improve the game by enticing the players in all areas, not by punishing those that don't want to particpate in PVP.

Apocalypsox
20-09-06, 02:08
LEs should be gone...it would put such a new RP aspect into the game that it would be fun again for us long time vets to RP...i mean if some guy is talkin shit to ya but hes LEd, how the fuck ya sposed ta knock his teef out?

aKe`cj
20-09-06, 02:16
LEs should be gone...it would put such a new RP aspect into the game that it would be fun again for us long time vets to RP...i mean if some guy is talkin shit to ya but hes LEd, how the fuck ya sposed ta knock his teef out?

put him on your ignore and die happy.
There's a reason while ppl wear LEs ...even tho it limits a lot of what any mmo consists of:community, guilds, clans. Some ppl tend to enjoy the game more w/o constant PK - or with their own control over when to PvP and when to socialize, explore, trade, having LE'd and PvP Alts.
If the game was more fun to everyone with LEs removed - nobody would use them, its not like you cant take em out if you prefere it that way. I agree on a few tweaks that could enhance the game, by merging a big demand of the PK faction with a big demand of the LE faction (see above). Removing LE alltogether is plain stupid.

Apocalypsox
20-09-06, 02:29
yes...but i mean if there wasnt LE...it would be so much better RPing a rogue trader in the wastelands with a speedbike and a rifle on your back...

Glok
20-09-06, 02:41
Removing LE alltogether is plain stupid.No it's not. I removed the LE on my trader because mainly I felt weird watching some dude get ganked while I stood there both immune and unable to help either party. It felt wrong and it was. People who throw a fit at the idea of the LE being removed would be better off playing a single player game... idea KK? :D

yuuki
20-09-06, 03:15
the point is even if you were right with your opinion about removing the le (and i think you're not) the majority of the now le'd players wouldn't be new opponents for pvp or prey to pk, but simply leave the game and look for sthing else to play. and don't think anyone would come to nc because there are no les. why should they? cause they can get ganked while hunting or leveling up? ganking other ppl is possible now as it would be possible after the removal of the le and tho i know that sl, symp and the le are flawed i think there has to be some way of protecting your traders or your newbies, which is simply impossible since all this ally pking started. imho pking an ally should be possible, but it should also be the exception of the rule.

personnaly i'm of the opinion that the one thing that kills real pvp the most is random ally ganking.

/edit i forgot

If this game had strict-as-fuck faction rules where you take such a major dive that pulling the trigger on more than one ally in a period of three weeks or so would pretty much screw your character for good (AKA: teaching people that greens are your friends and you shouldn't mow them down), but there were no safe zones or LEs, I think that this would work out VERY well. I've always felt that people should have to trust each other in order to get anywhere in this game. I've also always felt that if you're in your factions most-guarded place (assuming there are no safezones), you shouldn't have to worry about john b. trying to kill you unless you royally screwed him over in the past.

I can only hope that after the rebalance, KK will turn their attention towards OP and Clan Wars, and straightening out the faction/SL system so that people will stop "getting bored" and start playing the system like it was designed to be played. Not only does Ally-PK turn away veterans who used to play and have a great time fighting alongside their faction buddies against the red guys (like me :(), but it also puts a horrible taste in a noob's mouth when he asks one of his fellow faction people for directions on how to MB and instead gets a HL to the face.

You can't even begin to imagine how counter-productive that is to a population that is SUPPOSED to be growing. We have to stop "getting bored", and start playing the right way. Or this game isn't going to make it. :(

/signed

Glok
20-09-06, 03:25
What if killing an ally (or same faction member) caused instant death? (for the killer)(game mechanic? umm invisible cyborg watchbots that hover over each runner to watch their actions)(sound familiar? yeah it's the same as the LE)

IceStorm
20-09-06, 04:09
Guys, are we all sure we are playing the same game? You chose to play neocron for PvM??????????!!!!!!! I chose to play NC because it's a SciFi game with FPS combat/movement. Everything else out appears to be non-FPS, or non-SciFi.

I never chose NC for its PvP aspect. I've never been interested in it. I've been in Neofrag with other players once, back in NC1, for about five minutes. The only reason I go in Neofrag nowadays is to test adding trainpoints.

I like watching others squabble about fights or ops in chat. I like supporting those who do right by my chars with respect to access to ops. The political bullshit is hilarious as well. There are many reasons to keep playing NC for me other than PvP, and I certaintly don't want to see PvP go by the wayside as it's quite entertaining from a commentary perspective, but I have no intention of ever participating directly.

Glok
20-09-06, 04:12
I chose to play NC because it's a SciFi game with FPS combat/movement. Everything else out appears to be non-FPS, or non-SciFi.Coming from you (not an insult, you are clearly aware of the computer/game market) that is quite a compliment to this game. Along with the other things you just said. :)

Darq[Terra]
20-09-06, 05:52
And just a few questions for the people that are saying that the removal of LEs will "enhance" the RP element of the game:

Have you honestly participated in any real form of RP?
Is your "roleplay" legitimate, or is it that the "roleplay" you have suggested is really nothing more than a convenient validation for ganking and the like?

It's been my experience over the years, across a variety of MMOs, that there are essentially 3 groups of players: Those who play for the social aspect (and most do only PVE), those who play for the thrill of PVP, and those who like to further their immersion in the game's world through RP. If you were to have asked what I would guess the numbers for those groups to be last week, I probably would have said something like 60% / 32% / 8% respectively (and nice to see those poll result somewhat back that up). What creates these divisions in the community, is what the players are looking to get out of the game, and I'm sorry, but I've yet to meet someone that is a true RP'er and still a avid participant in PVP. Why? Because their interests are different, so they typically don't have the time, or desire to invest it, in hunting down rares, tweaking their setups, and the like. So to hear some of you proclaim that removing LEs will somehow force a greater degree of RP in the game, to me seems absurd.

We can argue all of the above, we can argue over the poll numbers and whether the numbers of PVP players are really a minority (reality check, they are, and you're crazy if you think a struggling business is going to wipe out 60-70% of their potential market by removing LEs), but really, the ONLY point that needs to be made here, and which is quite clearly illustrated by those poll results, is that: Female players are already a minority in games, female players that PVP are even less. Playing with females is good, and far more fun than playing with yourself or another guy ... Thought you all would have figured that out by now. O_o

Glok
20-09-06, 06:22
']Female players are already a minority in games, female players that PVP are even less. Playing with females is good, and far more fun than playing with yourself or another guy ... Thought you all would have figured that out by now. O_oWhat? :lol:

Of course PvM is the greater proportion of the game, for one it's what 95% (asspulled number) of MMOG players play for or to support and it's also the basis for the entire NC economy. I don't know of any other game though that gives players immunity to other players in every single area of the game, to the point that the mechanism is exploited in multiple ways (cave-respawn, opwar-spy; to name just 2). There must be a mechanism to allow some protection for non-PvP-inclined chars to continue what they like to do, PvM and collecting stuff, without making them invulnerable in areas where they clearly shouldn't be.

aKe`cj's idea actually seems reasonable (and suggested multiple times before) maybe now people would be willing to accept it (though LE players in clans still strikes me as absurd) maybe an addition to his idea: in wasteland zones (or whatever they are called now) LE players unclanned are immune like always, while LE players in clans are not.

Darkana
20-09-06, 07:48
I play someone who is coming from a distant star system and kinda projected my being onto the wasted planted Earth. Thing is, as long as I'm "LEd", I can go back to my real home. It has turned out, that spending too much time on this planet will somehow corrupt the projection device, and you will be forced to stay on Earth upon removal of it after a certain timeframe (but seriously, how can you live there all the time?!). This projection also limits my interference with a number of species on Earth, rendering me partly invulnerable, but also not able to harm them in return; afterall, our initial mission goal was to make a peaceful contact with the beings on Earth.

jini
20-09-06, 08:06
Nice one Darky :)

giga191
20-09-06, 08:18
it's nice to know that there's the option of being un-killable in the middle of a huge war between only 2 cities left in the world after the whole world has been nuked....if only everybody on earth had put in their LEs before the nuclear bombs dropped, then we have all survived! :rolleyes:

Jodo
20-09-06, 08:40
it's nice to know that there's the option of being un-killable in the middle of a huge war between only 2 cities left in the world after the whole world has been nuked....if only everybody on earth had put in their LEs before the nuclear bombs dropped, then we have all survived! :rolleyes:

Very true. Sadly the human race has always been full of tards hellbent on killing each other. Some of us have learned a valuable lesson, but as I've said before, you can't stop the march of the tards. :(

nellus
20-09-06, 09:10
I too enjoy the freedom that the LE gives you to go out hunt do whatever you like safe in the knowledge that no player can come up and kill you while your not looking. This is very usefull in the times i often play when the population is very low often down to 3% so there arent the people to hunt with you and watch your back.

I do have 3 chars without LE's and i do enjoy playing these chars but for different reasons than my LE'd chars.

I can see both points of view of what your all saying and as much as i would like to see the LE stay as it is, i could see the possibility of the LE automatically dropping out when you get to rank **/50. This would give people chance to level up to a level where they would have a chance to defend themselves or run :p safe in the knowledge that their not going to get noob killed by a capped pe with a xbow.

This would give new players that safety net to learn the game mechanics what to do where to go etc without getting pissed off with being killed constantly by other players, but once they get high enough out pops the LE wether they like it or not and its time to hunt or be hunted.

aKe`cj
20-09-06, 09:23
...and sadly the people wearing LEs still have reason for it that wont disappear when you remove the LE. Resorting to "realism" as an argument against the LE is a little useless, as we are talking about a "game feature" here.
The question remains - why do people wear LEs?
I believe its a minority that abuses the LE to safely annoy other players and most of them have an issue with the way PvP is taking place in this game.
Removing the LE == removing a lot of LE players.
If you want LE's to participate in PvP (and PvP requires that both sides are willing to fight), why not render the LE useless in OP zones, yet make it easier to wear an LE?

jini
20-09-06, 09:47
In short, if you know what you are doing and you choose to wear the LE then it's fine. The problem begins when you don't know what you miss by choosing to unplug the thing, is what worries me the most and this is something that "us", the "supposed" vets need to teach to them, or to be more fair, this is a job KK needs to do or deal with

Darq[Terra]
20-09-06, 09:53
I think a fair solution would just be:

1) To make any wasteland sector with an OP in it, ignore the LE. Players that really don't want to PVP can just steer clear of that zone. This resolves the LE spy problem, but still lets LE players hunt in the majority of the wastelands if they want while not having to worry about ganking.

2) Create Warring Clans, and Social Clans. Social Clans - Anyone can join, and newbies gain the benefit of a support network. Warring clans however, are modelled after today's clans: LE = No Entrance. Then OPs just need to be changed so that only Warring Clans can hold them. That way too, if there is some sort of alliance between a Warring and Social clan, the Social clan members can still participate in the PVP/OP war (assuming point 1 is implemented)

Darq[Terra]
20-09-06, 09:56
The problem begins when you don't know what you miss by choosing to unplug the thing, is what worries me the most and this is something that "us", the "supposed" vets need to teach to them, or to be more fair, this is a job KK needs to do or deal with

Exactly, I know I won't be removing my LE any time soon, not just due to gankers, but simply because I don't know anything about PVP in NC and will quickly, and repeatedly, have my ass handed to me as a lot of the players here have been playing for some time and I'm still learning the ropes.

jini
20-09-06, 10:04
']I think a fair solution would just be:

1) To make any wasteland sector with an OP in it, ignore the LE. Players that really don't want to PVP can just steer clear of that zone. This resolves the LE spy problem, but still lets LE players hunt in the majority of the wastelands if they want while not having to worry about ganking.

2) Create Warring Clans, and Social Clans. Social Clans - Anyone can join, and newbies gain the benefit of a support network. Warring clans however, are modelled after today's clans: LE = No Entrance. Then OPs just need to be changed so that only Warring Clans can hold them. That way too, if there is some sort of alliance between a Warring and Social clan, the Social clan members can still participate in the PVP/OP war (assuming point 1 is implemented)
#1 is a potential exploit
#2 population is limited.

Guys, goto NF and pvp with LE in. you still have the safety of not losing anything, yet you can learn how to pvp. Also try several different NF levels.
Ask from vets to give you the essentials there are many of them willing to help you. Darkana is one of them, and I am another, if I play on terra. On Mars my runner is Gin Fizz, on terra its Jini.

rookee
20-09-06, 10:18
#1 is a potential exploit
elaborate please.

jini
20-09-06, 10:58
runner uses his LE to fight op fights, yet when in danger simply zones, heals and back again. on the other hand no LE in op zones, opposes the same reason LE is in place in the first time and limits the map to the noobs by maybe 50%

The Ottoman
20-09-06, 11:04
I was at El Farid yesterday. Me and a Biotech runner were levelling there. Of course I had my LE still in. My teammate didn't alhtough he wasnt capped yet. His rank was 49/50* or so. All of a sudden a Next runner(65/64**) enters the room. He,one of the most fierce supporters of removal of LE in this thread, pulls out his gun and kills the poor monk. Not a single word was said. Now tell me what the rp is of this action. Shoot first, RP later?

And btw, I will take out that LE but not yet. I need to grow a little stronger. :D

jini
20-09-06, 11:45
This is a difficult situation indeed. a /50 monk poses a threat, these HL, or FA or avalance shoot with pretty high frequency. A pure apu alone, usually poses no threat, but if it was a hybrid?

LiL T
20-09-06, 13:19
I was at El Farid yesterday. Me and a Biotech runner were levelling there. Of course I had my LE still in. My teammate didn't alhtough he wasnt capped yet. His rank was 49/50* or so. All of a sudden a Next runner(65/64**) enters the room. He,one of the most fierce supporters of removal of LE in this thread, pulls out his gun and kills the poor monk. Not a single word was said. Now tell me what the rp is of this action. Shoot first, RP later?

And btw, I will take out that LE but not yet. I need to grow a little stronger. :D

<3 :p

If that was the mars server, that was mostly likely me, RP reason I HATE monks all should be shot at birth !!

giga191
20-09-06, 13:33
I'd be satisfied if some negatives were added to LEs

Bozz-Von Mel
21-09-06, 12:50
Current high ping rate makes PvP impossible. I use my non-LE chars on a limited basis. Internet Connection > Skill.

No Style
21-09-06, 15:01
I'd be satisfied if some negatives were added to LEs
Once upton a time the LE reduced money and XP gain by 33%. Guess what happened?

Mighty Max
21-09-06, 15:23
Once upton a time the LE reduced money and XP gain by 33%. Guess what happened?

It was less.

But my tests some patchlevels ago (before evo21), showed that this XP malus is still implemented, even if said otherwise. To check:

- Make sure you will not level up while doing this test.
- Take one and the same weapon and keep it at the same stats
- With the LE kill some Mobs of the same kind (I used WBs), Write down how many XP you got just from doing that in the primary skill (not CON as that depends on too many random things)
- Without LE: do the same.

Conclusion:
Without LE you level up 15% faster.

(I don't complain btw, im happy with that. Leveling could be some more effort for my taste)

What however really is removed: the weapon requirement malus.

No Style
21-09-06, 16:09

You brought this back to my memeories, now I want back the old LE.

giga191
21-09-06, 16:28
Once upton a time the LE reduced money and XP gain by 33%. Guess what happened? the fuckers bitched about it and now we are feeling the consequences.

rookee
21-09-06, 17:46
Fix SL and people will pop their LE. Until then, LE is fine as it is.

SorkZmok
21-09-06, 18:15
Fix SL and people will pop their LE. Until then, LE is fine as it is.
There we go. That's what i want too.

Pantho
21-09-06, 18:16
Yea... The idea of levling with your nice Holy lightning and Barrel...

Just to know you could goto -50 instantly and lose it all isnt tempting :)

LiL T
21-09-06, 22:16
It was less.

But my tests some patchlevels ago (before evo21), showed that this XP malus is still implemented, even if said otherwise. To check:

- Make sure you will not level up while doing this test.
- Take one and the same weapon and keep it at the same stats
- With the LE kill some Mobs of the same kind (I used WBs), Write down how many XP you got just from doing that in the primary skill (not CON as that depends on too many random things)
- Without LE: do the same.

Conclusion:
Without LE you level up 15% faster.

(I don't complain btw, im happy with that. Leveling could be some more effort for my taste)

I agree actully :lol::lol::lol:

And I just knew it was slower but never bothered testing cos I'm lazy.

/edit guess when this started happening again, beta NC2 and i forget who but there was a thread about it and some dev I forget said they will have it checked out and that was that. So maybe they reduced it but kept just a little, like the 15% you speak about, I'm only assuming you speak the truth since it just feels slower with the LE in from my experences

solling
22-09-06, 08:59
yes...but i mean if there wasnt LE...it would be so much better RPing a rogue trader in the wastelands with a speedbike and a rifle on your back...

u can still do this just remove UR LE.

Scaramanga
23-09-06, 02:08
make some proper pvp rules so we can get rid of the LE.

I agree. I wouldnt mind having an le free server if allied killing was dealt with adequately. People should be free to RP as mass murderers, for many reasons, the main one being that is a game and should accommadate such escapism. However, it should also present a viable environment for those who wish not to pvp everywhere. This is catered for to some extent with the safezones, although in their own city there should be a greater safeguard against ally killing.

It should remain a risky excursion to get to TH/MB or wherever else outside of your native city.

Frankly, I have seen no way of solving the problems presented thus far and until it is dealt with the le should remain in game to make playing viable for a wider spectrum of player.

Rage
23-09-06, 03:02

n more stuff to gank

Doc Holliday
25-09-06, 11:33
I was always very big on the "NO LE!" thing until I came back to try NC in like April... it fucking rediculous how much Allied Teamkilling was going on. Now, I'll be the first to admit that I've done my fair share of ally pking in the past, but it was only ever in retaliation because people wouldn't leave me the fuck alone.

but I came back, and I couldn't walk into a non-safezone without some green guy pulling a weapon on me - I loved this game for how you could find someone in the same faction you've never even met before, and with instant cooperation, team up to kill the two reds over the hill.

It was an incredible feeling to know there were people who could back you because they too were part of your faction - I saw none of that when I came back to try in April, and unfortunately, since DarK has long since retired from this game and I had no one to support me, and with the APU/PPU teams running rampant, I was just spy fish food for anyone, whether they were red, green, or yellow.

Why did it get like this? Probably because this game has some of the hardest sons-a-bitches the PVP MMO world has ever seen, and with a small population, the predators are gonna turn on themselves to satisfy their taste for CGI-blood :)

Call me when it's changed - I've got four capped PVP-ready characters who miss the adrenaline rush of 3 vs 1 and winning. I miss all the good times. :(

Thanks mate. you made me realise there are still people who can smell the coffee and realise how this community has to change to help itself to grow.

i was thinking i was the only one.

Whine on about the le and its flaws etc guys, but if every single one of you who random ganks allies cos its fun stopped it completely then just maybe you would gain a few extra players in the pops. this would snowball.

Sadly you cant have a retina scan on the box copy of each neocron 2 game sold that detects whether your an asshole or not to prevent you from buying the game.

Jodo
25-09-06, 11:40
Whine on about the le and its flaws etc guys, but if every single one of you who random ganks allies cos its fun stopped it completely then just maybe you would gain a few extra players in the pops. this would snowball.

Thats something the "die-hard" PvP'rs refuse to acknowledge unfortunately.

Sadly you cant have a retina scan on the box copy of each neocron 2 game sold that detects whether your an asshole or not to prevent you from buying the game.

lol Think how much money you could make if you invented that though. :D

solling
25-09-06, 11:42

ha SO true.

NAPPER
26-09-06, 03:42
you just said it then they ally kill cos its FUN if they didnt do it they would leave to and you CANT blame the low pops on the le thats fucked up