PDA

View Full Version : PVPers Petition

carecare
18-09-06, 09:59
Recently there has been a lot of noise comming from the so called "carebear" community in neocron, demanding yet another addaptation of the sl rules, banning of certain pkers, saying that most of the pking is griefplay etc etc...

They fill up the forums with threads, and it seems to the outsider that they are the majority.

Therefore i ask you all, to add a /signed to this thread so KK knows there are actualy a lot of pvpers in this game that do not agree with the carebearisation of the game.

/SIGNED

Darkana
18-09-06, 10:08
Lessons not learned
History reiterated
Failure reincarnated -- Neptune v2

It's getting more and more ridiculous each day ...

giga191
18-09-06, 10:11
/signed

too bad most of the people who would give a shit about these issues, have already left....

LiL T
18-09-06, 10:29
Ah well i geuss i have to sign this one

/SIGNED

NAPPER
18-09-06, 10:48
carbears are gay they dont feel the rush when your out numbered by the enemy and nealy win fucking what a feeling :cool: WoOoOoO Woooooo
start fighting tbh

/SIGNED

rob444
18-09-06, 10:51
Does this go under ally pking as well?

Mighty Max
18-09-06, 11:22
What exactly does a /sign involve?

Is it "I am a pvper?"
or is it "I don't want a working SL System?"

LiL T
18-09-06, 11:37
What exactly does a /sign involve?

Is it "I am a pvper?"
or is it "I don't want a working SL System?"

What can't you read?

Therefore i ask you all, to add a /signed to this thread so KK knows there are actualy a lot of pvpers in this game that do not agree with the carebearisation of the game.

canuma100
18-09-06, 11:39
"whää all have LE and saying bad things about me"

Remove Copbot freeze and make the Dmg high (like NC Faction guards) combined with More intelligence then a Tomato. The PvPers have fun and the carebears too. In citys

SL system

get back the OLD SL system. thats all we need

and finally Get back where you came from :D

Clobber
18-09-06, 11:44
/signed

And yeah go back to the old sl system it was way better. At least then pk'rs had to buy tl150's and spend a bit longer than the 5 mins it takes now to get my sl back up to 100.

Mighty Max
18-09-06, 11:51
What can't you read?

Yet in his first lines he names another reason. So i ask which of them we sign. Both are not the same, and i'd not sign something that is this unclear expressed.

A lot of active PKers would sign the pettition under the last statement, but are in complete opposition to the "SL stay as it is" issue, so this is actually important if you want to make a statement here.

:Edit: see clobber aggrees to the last part, yet goes contra the first.

LiL T
18-09-06, 11:55
Yet in his first lines he names another reason. So i ask which of them we sign. Both are not the same, and i'd not sign something that is this unclear expressed.

A lot of active PKers would sign the pettition under the last statement, but are in complete opposition to the "SL stay as it is" issue, so this is actually important if you want to make a statement here.

The new SL rules I have adapted to, so I'm not really bothered but carebear types want to make it even more lame, like epic implants not working if you have bad SL etc.

nabbl
18-09-06, 11:59
/signed

jini
18-09-06, 12:27
I Do Sign this BUT:

1. We must preserve some rules for giving people some kind of a sanctuary, allowing them the time to level and get ready to reach the goal which is: PVP

2. In return carebears should stop with this whining all the time.

3. Some common logic needs to replace flaming in chatting channels. All I hear on Mars are stupid remarks from BOTH sides (Mars-Terra).

The whole thing started wrong and even though I can blame a certain announcement for this, it's still everyone's responsibility to try not to escalate these things...

mehirc
18-09-06, 12:29
I say there is nothing like carebearisation, there are just people that are not willing to accept the abuse of the SL-System that destroys even the simpliest form of RP.

carecare
18-09-06, 12:31
Keep the discussions out of it please.
As for people like mightymax and others who are here trolling with "go back to where you came from".
I'm pretty sure you know what i mean and what i ask you to sign, so either sign or shut up.

Mods feel free to edit the discussions out, before this turns into another "omg le whore" VS "omg griefplayer" discussion.

rob444
18-09-06, 12:57
Keep the discussions out of it please.
As for people like mightymax and others who are here trolling with "go back to where you came from".
I'm pretty sure you know what i mean and what i ask you to sign, so either sign or shut up.

Mods feel free to edit the discussions out, before this turns into another "omg le whore" VS "omg griefplayer" discussion.

You better practice reading comprehension, fyi Mighty Max have not trolled he just wanted to know what he signed up for...

[Edited - noobness]

giga191
18-09-06, 13:00
And did you know that this thread is actually falling under carebarism? You are carebaring about carebears - I guess your nick explains everything though. a carebear is someone who apposes the practice of PvP, and would rather help other players rather than participate in combat even if they are enemy

SorkZmok
18-09-06, 13:03
You better practice reading comprehension, fyi Mighty Max have not trolled he just wanted to know what he signed up for...
No, he always does this. He knows exactly what its about. o_O

And i'm up too.
/signed

But with that, fix the SL system (i.e. REWORK the whole stupid thing)and then add more negatives to the LE.

rob444
18-09-06, 13:07
a carebear is someone who apposes the practice of PvP, and would rather help other players rather than participate in combat even if they are enemy

Ahhh... thanks for the heads up ^^

giga191
18-09-06, 13:24
you could also refer to them as 2 year olds, and social retards :D

RogerRamjet
18-09-06, 13:27
/signed.

CMaster
18-09-06, 13:27
Actually, I hear far, far more on these forums from PvPers whining about this, that and the other that makes their life slighlty harder than I do from carebears whinging for anti-PvP measures. So although I do PvP, and I do enjoy the fact I can kill whoever I want, you won't get my name on this stupid petetion.

rob444
18-09-06, 14:04
you could also refer to them as 2 year olds, and social retards http://neocron.jafc.de/images/smilies/old/biggrin.gif

What would I call a pvp:er whining on carebears then (except whiner of course http://neocron.jafc.de/images/smilies/old/wink.gif)? ^^

hajoan
18-09-06, 14:04
Your´e right PvP belongs to Neocron.
But: Killing allies and play neocron like a shooter is not
(kill everyone, wanna be the bad boy, my mother don´t let me in real).
If someone want to play Neocron that way he better intall QuakeIV or stuff like
that (ok quake is pg13 could be a problem :p)

If you kill foes (f6), people at kos list etc. then its ok. This is not my way
to play it but hey if its not against any rules its ok (you better should not
hear me in TS when I die :p)

So would you please answer the question from Mighty Max. Then - and only then -
I can choose if I shall sign it or not.

So is your way of PvP a Egoshooter TK-PvP, or something with brain? Tell me please.

Before I forget: Why we have Safezones if we can have a LE?
And: Yes, the actualy SL system is something for the trash can.

giga191
18-09-06, 14:07
Your´e right PvP belongs to Neocron.
But: Killing allies and play neocron like a shooter is not
the threadstarted asked a simple question: are you are pvper?

this has nothing to do with ally killing, killing noobs etc etc

What would I call a pvp:er whining on carebears then (except whiner of course http://neocron.jafc.de/images/smilies/old/wink.gif)? i'd call someone who PvPs in neocron, a roleplayer. they are staying true to the atmosphere of the post apocalyptic world, where as LEed carebears are players who aren't really playing a 'role' so much as they are ruining the atmosphere.

gamefreak
18-09-06, 14:10
/signed
please also remove monks, they suck

Scanner Darkly
18-09-06, 14:12
Do I thirst for PVP? Yup.

Do I care about heavy SL penalties for ally PKers? Not one bit.

If you wanna live outside the law, be hardcore enough to handle the consequences...

giga191
18-09-06, 14:21
If you wanna live outside the law, be hardcore enough to handle the consequences... The law? You need to distinguish between the rules of the games, and the rules made by the neocron/doy governments. The laws made by the governments can only be upheld within the territory that they can controll, so dropping 10 items in your belt in the wastelands just because you didn't obey the laws that the government find to be just makes little sense. In my opinion you will never realistically have a decent SL system unless a clan war / kos system is put in place where the normal SL rules are ignored. It would be better to enforce the ingame faction alliances with mechanics that stops PvP between 2 allies outside of OP zones, and no penalties for killing enemies anywhere. I'm not sure what could be done about neutrals, maybe they should be killable too.

carecare
18-09-06, 14:22
To clarify:

-Roleplaying a bandit that raids the wastelands robbing people for their beltcontents should be viable.

-Killing enemies in leveling areas should be allowed, there isn't even a roleplay excuse for the massive sl loss killing enemies in caves.

-And yes, occasionaly you could have a war between clans that are allied, clanwars should be made to work.

With the suggestions made in some german threads about possible new sl systems, if they ever get implemented people will just move to CM to abuse the fact that you can't kill allies and neutrals.
One of the suggestions there was that people who kill allies should immediately lose all money, appartements and vehicles when attaining negative sl.......

What ever happened to "neocron, danger around every corner" ?

So the question is, are you for open pvp with the possibility to kill an ally or neutral if the occasion requires it.
It's not like they don't have the chance to defend themselves, and their arguments of :"you can regain -60 to 100 sl in 10 seconds" can also be aplied to them if they defend themselves and lose sl doing it.

We have to stop this small group of people who want all the benefits of the LE chip without actualy using it.

Kierz
18-09-06, 14:29
They're not the majority and we DON'T WANT THEM here either, if they totally de-carebearised the ruleset I know a lot of people that would come back, let alone the one's I don't :p

/signed

Scanner Darkly
18-09-06, 14:36
Okay that does sound insanely excessive.

I was thinking more of city areas and leveling areas - both of these I think should carry fairly hefty SL penalties.

Anywhere else in the wastes, I'd rather like to see a relaxation of these rules. The problem we have and have had for some time is that there just aren't enough people to fill up a decent amount of the map. Thus people congregate in areas like MB just to get some semblance of action/adrenaline junkie fix.

I miss the days of random encounters with dozens of people just driving from MB -> TH -> CRP.

Anyway, the problem is not SL rules, it is lack of people outside of leveling areas/city zones/anarchy zones, so hardcore PVPers have to resort to "hunting" there.

LiL T
18-09-06, 15:44

[Edited - noobness]

Wait, didn't i have to explain it to him by simply quoting the OP, the things that are to be signed for are there in the OP. Ok so who needs to practise reading comprehension again?

He was just trying to be awarkward imo

Apocalypsox
18-09-06, 16:19
/SIGNED. nerf the carebears z0mg there too str0ng! O_o

Glok
18-09-06, 16:21
What PvPers? You dolts at the MB zoneline think you're PvPers? Gimme a fucking break.

Nullvoid
18-09-06, 16:26
This strikes me as a petition for ganking/griefing and not pvp...

Kierz
18-09-06, 16:30
it's just a lesser discussed repost of the stop carebear-ism! thread by torg.. not how it was intended to but there weren't any mods around to keep the thread to just a list of /signed's

Cadgar
18-09-06, 17:02
/signed

NiMBle
18-09-06, 17:05
Fuck the pro/anti city bs tbh and go back to the old faction system, reopen TG Canyon - Be enough for me to carry on playing until nc is dead.

Roc-a-fella
18-09-06, 17:25
Leave safezones
Remove LE at /50 automatically
REMOVE SL PENALTIES IN APARTMENTS WTF? Not sure why they added this but its retarded, they dont know how fun it was to follow people into their apartments and take them over.

edit; yeah bring back tg canyon wtf!

Dribble Joy
18-09-06, 17:35
/signed and /not signed

While there are clearly areas where PvP is not encouraged where it should be, game mechanics prevent it and/or improperly implement causality, fucking over another aspect of the community will not get you anywhere.

In the end it's about balance/compromise and/or a means where both are happy.

RogerRamjet
18-09-06, 17:39
What PvPers? You dolts at the MB zoneline think you're PvPers? Gimme a fucking break.

Have you ever encountered a FETISH quad squad :angel:

Pantho
18-09-06, 17:46
/Signed -

The new SL system actually incourages Ally Killing, because how fucking easy is it to get more SL :) -

I want the old system back tbh...

giga191
18-09-06, 17:49
i'd rather have a system that works

Glok
18-09-06, 21:04
Have you ever encountered a FETISH quad squad :angel:No actually... I bet I'll remember it though. :D

Bredahl
18-09-06, 21:31
/signed.

Roc-a-fella
18-09-06, 21:34
/signed

Diabolism
18-09-06, 21:34
even though im shit at pvp

/signed

Foo
18-09-06, 22:43
lol got to say a what a stupid thread this is .

Seriously you sound worse then these so called "carebears" and only 15 signed ?
So many "hardcore pvp'ers" eh is this evidance of how bad NC pops have got? (As you can tell i haven't logged on in a while).

Scrolling thru the pages i can't see where all these carebear posts are can you ?
all i see is alot of attempts at trying to wind up the german comunity by going on the mars server giving them shit, acting like 12year olds and then crying wolf and trying to get ppl banned, So who is acting the carebear ?

I tell you what i will /sign to , that this is thee most stupid thread ive seen on NC forums this year.

/claps slowly

LiL T
18-09-06, 23:02

So many "hardcore pvp'ers" eh is this evidance of how bad NC pops have got? (As you can tell i haven't logged on in a while).

Scrolling thru the pages i can't see where all these carebear posts are can you ?
all i see is alot of attempts at trying to wind up the german comunity by going on the mars server giving them shit, acting like 12year olds and then crying wolf and trying to get ppl banned, So who is acting the carebear ?

I tell you what i will /sign to , that this is thee most stupid thread ive seen on NC forums this year.

/claps slowly

We really care and stuff, its so heart breaking to see those players on mars getting all worked up :(

Diabolism
18-09-06, 23:09

/claps slowly

a lot of people went to mars becuase the terra server has gotten so rediculously full of LE'd chars that the not only isnt fun, but isnt exsistant atm, and it still is on mars, plus they dont whine as much (even though i wouldnt know if they did cos i dont talk german)

giga191
18-09-06, 23:16

I honestly think that the whole Terranians on Mars 'problem' has been blown competely out of proportion. I have never experience any problems at all with any racism of any kind, nor any kind of abuse that has happened because of me being a native english speaker. Out of the problems that i have heard of, there has been abuse from both sides, but once again, this is very minimal. As for the pking, i would hardly say the it's just the terranians who are doing it so i'm not sure what the reason for making them into a scapegoat is.

All in all, i'd rather people just stfu about it, there is no problem, and if there is then you have the most valuable tool in the world at your disposal: an ignore list. I would even go as far as to say that it's a far better atmosphere than there is on terra.

Diabolism
18-09-06, 23:22
I honestly think that the whole Terranians on Mars 'problem' has been blown competely out of proportion. I have never experience any problems at all with any racism of any kind, nor any kind of abuse that has happened because of me being a native english speaker. Out of the problems that i have heard of, there has been abuse from both sides, but once again, this is very minimal. As for the pking, i would hardly say the it's just the terranians who are doing it so i'm not sure what the reason for making them into a scapegoat is.

All in all, i'd rather people just stfu about it, there is no problem, and if there is then you have the most valuable tool in the world at your disposal: an ignore list. I would even go as far as to say that it's a far better atmosphere than there is on terra.

i agree, there is only a problem because all is being totally exaggerated. and the more people go on the worse its going to get. i cant say ive heard any racism on mars while ive been leveling. the only thing ive heard is a german jokingly calling me a noob for trying to speak german and failing miserably. :D

giga191
18-09-06, 23:44
i think you could easily get by on the server without really knowing how to speak german properly. you only need to speak NC with some very basic german:

Example:
Me: Suche PoT
Trader: ich habe ein 1 slot PoT
Me: 800k?
Trader: hasst du UGS?
Me: nein
Me: 1 mil?
Trader: ok, treffen TH
Me: ok

Meet in TH, trade him - Trade Accepted
Trader: Danke
Me: Danke

:D

Diabolism
18-09-06, 23:48
ok ok point proven Giga, no need to poke fun at me and my uselessness :rolleyes:

Cadgar
18-09-06, 23:51
you pay 1mil for a pot? i got like 20. wanna buy?

Apocalypsox
18-09-06, 23:54

/claps slowly

Yes i can see where all these carebear posts are, one is right above my writing for instance.

still /signed by WBTX. Worst PVPer in history.

Torg
19-09-06, 00:10
i strongly support PvP (and i have to admit there's blood on my hands, virtual blood, plenty) as it's in fact the heart of this game. but i will not "sign" here because things went wrong. so in fact something is broke and needs to be fixed.

i'd rather propose fulfilling the promise of neptune: erase all chars on this server, make it single slot, remove LE, remove all safezones, remove SL (keep facsymp) and see what happens.

good luck to us all.

Foo
19-09-06, 00:17
Yep i must be one cause apoc says so.
Even tho i had no LE'd toons on my account and used to pvp daily(See the word HAD = i dont play no more)
Here is what one i am
http://www.myuploadsite.com/image/6709.jpeg

Want some love 2? and you 2 can be one of the majority and not one of the minority.

THE_TICK!!!!
19-09-06, 00:30
i say.........fuckin signed !! i have an issue with carebear, its like life.....if you cant hang then............................................................................................/self kill you bitches.....i love this game but its NOT WOW...IF YA want wow go play it...if you want neocron...then quit being a bitch and fuckin play the game the way its sposed to be played......HOW are you sposed to experiance the full potential of neocron if you dont get out there and slay your enemy's ?? my best fight EVER was when i got gang ********** in aggies...by 3 level 20's and i was level 12 pistol pe, and i owned em...dying is imaterial....shit is easy to get.....live the life...or play another game !!!!!

long live the PK, quit being losers....win for a change !!!!

Diabolism
19-09-06, 00:36
i say.........fuckin signed !! i have an issue with carebear, its like life.....if you cant hang then............................................................................................/self kill you bitches.....i love this game but its NOT WOW...IF YA want wow go play it...if you want neocron...then quit being a bitch and fuckin play the game the way its sposed to be played......HOW are you sposed to experiance the full potential of neocron if you dont get out there and slay your enemy's ?? my best fight EVER was when i got gang ********** in aggies...by 3 level 20's and i was level 12 pistol pe, and i owned em...dying is imaterial....shit is easy to get.....live the life...or play another game !!!!!

long live the PK, quit being losers....win for a change !!!!

FTW THIS DUDE HAS THE RIGHT IDEA hes a few fruit short of a full basket but its the thought that counts

EDIT: rawr i got a new page go me

hajoan
19-09-06, 14:26
When I want to see how may real pvp players exists I log in at neptune.
Let me see... ah. None!

What do you think shows the truth?
The words posted here in forums or the neptune player count?
I bet its what players do, not the shit they are talking about.

RogerRamjet
19-09-06, 14:27
Coz we dont play Neptune we aint PvPers?

Err, ok then.

giga191
19-09-06, 14:37
neptune still had most of the flawed rulesets carried over from the other servers, i'd rather have some real PvP fixes than bandaids :)

silent000
19-09-06, 14:41
/signd

Take ur LEs out and let me killz joo

Torg
19-09-06, 15:52
so what do we ask from neptune? no LE? no safezones? no guards? just what is it?

Tarn
19-09-06, 16:02
/signed

Pantho
19-09-06, 16:40
The Immortal words of the Tick - And damit Diabloism dont make me smake you when i get home- Centre ur sig

giga191
19-09-06, 16:40
so what do we ask from neptune? no LE? no safezones? no guards? just what is it? a decent pvp ruleset, other than dropping items in belts that don't need hacking andthat prevent you from being able to pvp for a while :D

neptune just wasn't the solution people were looking for.

Torg
19-09-06, 17:22
a decent pvp ruleset, other than dropping items in belts that don't need hacking andthat prevent you from being able to pvp for a while... neptune just wasn't the solution people were looking for.so what ruleset do you ask for and what solutions are people looking for, to your opinion?

and please stop complaining "KK did it wrong" or i'll start calling you a carebear...

giga191
19-09-06, 18:18
http://hem.bredband.net/mongobash/DF-FAQ/rulesfaq.htm

:D

Diabolism
19-09-06, 18:26
The Immortal words of the Tick - And damit Diabloism dont make me smake you when i get home- Centre ur sig

*centred*

EDIT: and yet again i say learn to spell :P its DiabOLism :D