PDA

View Full Version : [Brainport] MC3 chips

Glok
15-09-06, 18:10
Seriously KK bring back the Brainport... even if you guys ignored it, it brought a lot of the community into discussions. So the Idea.

MC3 chips. The idea is a chip with no maluses, just like the big rare chips and MC5 chips but lower bonuses. How to get them? How about a run like the resi, tiki, or epic runs? I think the moveon could stay with these also (as in not overpowered).

So here they are the way I see them: (all brain chips)

MC3 Weaponenhancer - +3 Dex, +10PC, +10RC, +5WEP, +5TC

MC3 Techanalyzer - +3 Int, +10 Cst, +10res, +10rep

MC3 Defender - +3 Str, +10HC, +10WEP, +10TC

MC3 Mentastabilizer - +3PSI, +5PPU, +5APU, +10PSU (no... no ppw)

npinchot
15-09-06, 18:51
We already have things like PSI core, SF, Rigger, Marine, etc. Kinda no point in talkin about things like this until we see the initial balancing demo in October. Not sayin it's a bad idea but lets see how things turn out.

Glok
15-09-06, 19:08
This has nothing to do with balancing... just specialty chips.. they don't have +5 mainstat, but they have smallish additional bonuses. Mainly tweak chips more than anything else.

Everyone keeps yelling 'BALANCING!' but erm the basic game is gonna be largely unchanged. O_o

npinchot
15-09-06, 19:53
This has nothing to do with balancing... just specialty chips.. they don't have +5 mainstat, but they have smallish additional bonuses. Mainly tweak chips more than anything else.

Everyone keeps yelling 'BALANCING!' but erm the basic game is gonna be largely unchanged. O_o
Ok maybe a large part will be unchanged? But who knows? You can't introduce new chips like you're suggesting without taking balancing into account. Maybe there is already new chips like what you're talkin about in the Oct demo :) Gotta wait and see :)

Glok
15-09-06, 19:55
Yeah true... we complain KK never listens but then they come up with this completely unexpected shit... still.

Bishop Yutani
15-09-06, 20:53
not a bad idea to have some more implants. I'm not too impressed with the implants as is.

one thing that i think would be awesome and really help mix up the setups people use are perhaps 2 or 3 customizable implants. You would gather the parts and CST an implant and specify the point values it enhanced. The lowest would allow you to put maybe a total of 5 points to any subskill, or a mix of subskills. The next higher would add 10 points, and the highest 15.

The numbers could be tweaked, but i think it works with your overall point glok that we need more MFing implants to vary the setups.