PDA

View Full Version : stuck vehicle

Impending hope
10-09-06, 18:57
Hi

Dont know if anyone can help. I've emailed the helpdesk but haven't heard anything back yet.

I'm currently in Sector H16 with my character. If he walks out, he can move to another sector, however, if he's on his hovertec, he just flies off the edge of the world and the next sector won't synchronise. Similarily, if he gets off the hovertec, his position resets to where he got ON the bike. This is very frustrating as it basically means i have to abandon the vehicle and walk everywhere. Is it possible to reset the vehicle ? I've tried /set reset_position 1 but it doesn't help. Any advice gratefully received.

Thanks

blackpheonix
10-09-06, 19:07
the vehicle is bugged have u tried zoneing any where else in that sector, if that doesnt work unfortunatly it would seem u would have to leave your vhc and walk if there is ASG in that sector put the vhc away and get it back out again and retry.

Impending hope
10-09-06, 19:33
tried that but it didn't work. i think it's now reset itself (only took 6 hours) but got a new problem, i moved across a few zones and then on the next sync the game went nuts and threw me about 3 zones, unfortunately, i was also half submerged and my vehicle was underground. I had to get off as i couldn't move and I have no idea where it is and there's no ASG to 'dismiss' it. :mad:

I'm starting to get that 'cancel subscription' vibe.

Darkana
10-09-06, 20:28
There was a similar thread (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=135515) in the players guide section. As a general tip, make sure the game is running with vsync on and try the different display modes (DX7 vs. DX9). NC is a bit oversensitive to things which may generate weird timings/delays and runs havoc then.

Anyway, I had this bug you described now and then, however, it fixed itself once I jumped off the vehicle and zoned while using my own feet to move around. It seems to be some kind of synchronizing issue, but I have no idea what can cause this (happened only after zoning, never out of the blue).

Good luck, I hope you find a way to get rid of this!

Impending hope
10-09-06, 20:55
Cheers, DX7 certainly seems better. The problem now is that i can't find my vehicle as it's underground and there no ASG in this sector. Any ideas how i can recover the bike?

Darkana
10-09-06, 22:48
If it is unused and noone else kills the bike (being underground the probability is low I guess :D), it will be auto-dismissed after some time. At that point you can spawn it at any garage again. I have no idea how long this will take, though (varies a lot it seems).

Mr Kot
11-09-06, 00:05
Best bet is to stay in the zone where your vehicle is until it parks itself. Is there a citycom in that zone or in the underground of that zone if it's an outpost?

Check the status of your vehicle at any citycom. INFO-->RUNNER-->MY RUNNER-->OWNERSHIPS to see a list of your vehicles. Click on the vehicle in question to see its location. It may not be in the zone that you think, especially after a zone crash.

SuperSeb
15-09-06, 17:42
happened to me once, i remember it being something to do with having auto-run on or something