PDA

View Full Version : players run speeds

NAPPER
08-09-06, 03:43
Is it true that a player try a lot of different chars on one of the servers to see if they was a different in speed they was one 0/2 in noob mc5 and he found out that some of the chars went up the gav lift quicker then the other ones just wondering if this was true I heard it from someone on vent???

NAPPER

p.s. im a bit drunk sorry for the spelling mistakes

Roc-a-fella
08-09-06, 05:52
I heard the same thing, i think they were just talking about the grav lift speed though.. not runspeed.

jini
08-09-06, 06:16
Yes, it was the GravLift speed, and no, its simply superstitions

retr0n
08-09-06, 09:21
It was the runspeed aswell. I remember those tests, a long time ago now.
Now, don't quote me on this one, but I believe it was something along the lines
of some chars being bugged right off the start, and you could test the char by
checking out his speed in MC5 gravlift. If the char was slow in the lift, he was
bugged.

It was a really long time ago and things could have changed by now, but I know
it was not just the lift speed, it was also the running speed.

carecare
08-09-06, 09:27
I remember getting laughed at for that when i said it, now i see some people who laughed about it are doing the same thing.

You don't lose anything by doing it at the starting of a new char.

For instance my pe on neptune runs a LOT faster than the pe on terra, and that's with 30 less runspeed points, same model same impsetup and capped char.

SorkZmok
08-09-06, 10:28
My mars tank was a lot faster than my terra tank. And that with the exact same setup, they even had the the same con nearly (92 and 93).

Weird shit.

Also it seems to me that back in the days Brainiac was faster with a rifle out than Kapow is now with his pistols. :confused:

Darkana
08-09-06, 10:33
I will tell you what, I got me a new computer and now I'm pretty slow in every lift. I dunno if this is just me (i.e. I might be fast on others screens) or if I'm really that slow. Good thing about it is the fact I get less of these out-of-sync bugs after having used a lift. I think that outweights speeding through them :)

I dunno how the 'felt' runspeed on normal ground compares to that on my old computer; I won't start measuring it with a stopwatch, that's for sure :p

carecare
08-09-06, 11:12
You measure runspeed by crossing an zone from one side to the other in a straight line.

rob444
08-09-06, 11:53
rofl, dont tell me this bug has existed since forever or I'm going to cry. Seriously.

carecare
08-09-06, 12:01
Cry then :-)

Glok
08-09-06, 12:08
So does the bug make chars slower or faster?

If slower then damn KK but oh well... I hope my near-capped chars aren't bugged like that though. 8|

If faster... well.. reroll till you get a bugged char? THAT would bother me.

rob444
08-09-06, 12:31
Cry then :-)

*cries a river*

Brammers
08-09-06, 13:04
The speed you go up any grav lift is connected to your FPS. The more FPS you have, the slower you go. An old trick was to open your RPOS while going up the lifts.

carecare
08-09-06, 13:20
That is also true, but then explain to me how come the same character model with the same computer and same fps has different speeds in elevators and ends up with different speeds?

jini
08-09-06, 15:37
Don't forget to keep your breath while counting secs. It surely helps :p

blackpheonix
08-09-06, 15:38
The speed you go up any grav lift is connected to your FPS. The more FPS you have, the slower you go. An old trick was to open your RPOS while going up the lifts.

use this all teh time :)

blackpheonix
08-09-06, 15:39
Edit -grr didnt mean to do that :p

Pantho
08-09-06, 15:42
Edit -grr didnt mean to do that :p
Aint u at work nib

carecare
08-09-06, 15:45
Jini, all arguments made by someone that swears by macintosh are null and void :D