PDA

View Full Version : How to recover a hoverbomber...

Eternal Pink
07-09-06, 23:54
Ever fataled and had your hover bomber stuck in mid air?

I did the other night and with the kind help of another runner ( Sorry forgot your name but i really grateful ) we managed to recover it and carry on with our mission to vape some spider nests.

How did we do that i hear you ask?

Its simple in a rather suicidal way, all you need to do is get someone to take you above it using a DoY carrier jump out and land on the wing and then safely enter your hover bomber and resume your journey.

Check the attachment to see me standing in midair before i entered my bomber again.

unreal
08-09-06, 00:16
Nice job, but looking at your health bar it's clearly a hazardous way of doing it. :rolleyes:

Pantho
08-09-06, 00:41
But amazingly fun :)

Nidhogg
08-09-06, 01:15
How you manage to stand on that bomber with balls the size of Pluto is beyond me. ;)

N

rob444
08-09-06, 01:42
Nice work!

My friend has done something similar in another nostalgia game but the 'aircraft' was moving, the game was..... CODENAME EAGLE! Take a chopper, transport someone near the enemy zeppelin back door, and jump right in. You will most likely not suceed for at least 20 tries but he did it on his first, then he placed TNT in the zeppelin, jumped out with a parachute and detonated the TNT while he was parachuting. Awesome to see, not even James Bond could have done it ;).

Heavyporker
08-09-06, 01:50
When jumping from that high... don't you get this wierd vertigo thing and then tingling after impact?

I know, I know, video game and all that... but it's way too real in NC.

rob444
08-09-06, 02:06
When jumping from that high... don't you get this wierd vertigo thing and then tingling after impact?

I know, I know, video game and all that... but it's way too real in NC.

lol, when I'm playing FPS games and I've been fighting a very fair game against someone and I'm about to lose it, I sometimes try to flee from my enemy, and when I do that I always lean towards the screen, like I'm trying to move faster than I can.

I've also noticed that some people (mostly beginners) are trying to peak around corners by moving their head left and right of the monitor :P.

canuma100
08-09-06, 02:18
hehe nothing....
becouse of a bug
My hovertec can fly like a doybomber.... :p

carecare
08-09-06, 09:48
When i REALY get into it, i sometimes do this when fights turn out bad:

Instead of stealthing i just put my hand over my eyes and say "now you see me, now you don't".

But that sure is one hell of a way to recover a hoverbomber, too bad you didn't fraps it :-)

Forget My Name
08-09-06, 09:51
I was you gunner in that bomber. I had to drop out from it cuz I was pretty worthless in there. Me and Happy Hour I believe, I forget.

The guy that helped you out was Uhox. He was the one with the second Hover Bomber.

And yes, a GM came to us to help, a tad late since Eternal got his Bomber unstuck with Uhoxes help by then, but one did come to help nonetheless.