Posted by FN on 09/06/06 (06/09/06)- 15:46 MST

"This is it. The time has come.
For doing what was right,
I'm dragged away to death.
And Thebes, city where I was born,
And you my friends, the rich people of Thebes,
Will you judge between us?
you might at least look and remember."

nc.syn will be shutting down on 09/08/06. The reasons are many so I won't go into them. I wish everyone good luck in Neocron and if you see FN or FuckNut with an 'SXR' tagged onto it in games in the future, be sure to say hi!

Goodbye NC.syn

You will be missed -

eLcHi
07-09-06, 09:04
Sad day for the Neocron Community

Take care FN !

StevenJ
07-09-06, 09:11
Ouch, sad day indeed. Good luck, FN. Enjoy!

carecare
07-09-06, 09:14
Damn man...

Can someone please convince FN to send Brammers the files for the website so he can run a copy of it?

It's by far THE BEST source of information about neocron.

Hell, i think KK should host that site.

Bullt
07-09-06, 09:22
Agreed! KK should host the site & take over the best webpage there ever will be about this game! DAMIT! (even if NC didn't have manpower to update the site for the next months)

IceStorm
07-09-06, 09:49
You've gotta be shitting me...

Scanner Darkly
07-09-06, 10:02
Damn man...

If nc.syn goes down, there's gonna be a lot of confused newbies. Rather, the few newbies that we get will be very confused.

Brammers
07-09-06, 10:24
Ouch that is sad. Got to say thanks to FN for running the site all these years.

Damn man...

Can someone please convince FN to send Brammers the files for the website so he can run a copy of it?

It's by far THE BEST source of information about neocron.

I will speak to FN later, but please keep in mind there may be technical or legal issues which may prevent me from hosting the site on the Tech Haven Network.

Heavyporker
07-09-06, 10:43
AGH! That's an invaluable resource for the entire community. Losing all that work will be a severe blow.

edit:

Just ask for the text files, you know, the guides and tables. Nothing else really matters. It's the text that is crucial. We could probably youtube the other NC videos and such. The wallpapers and such... well, that'll be a bit trickier to handle...

jini
07-09-06, 10:43
Too sad to hear this as well. hopefully Brams will overcome all legal hassle

giga191
07-09-06, 10:53
time for everyone to set their bookmarks to sheriff hardy

SorkZmok
07-09-06, 11:06
:mad: :mad: :mad:

Brammers
07-09-06, 11:09
time for everyone to set their bookmarks to agent hardy

Which is http://www.sheriff-hardy.de/ btw ;)

jini
07-09-06, 11:10
Even though I like Hardy more than NC.syn (faster load, no pics) there is lack of a lot of stuff which exists in nc.syn. But yes, Hardy is cool

Scaramanga
07-09-06, 11:18
Sorry to see it go. Well done on the great job over the years running it!

rob444
07-09-06, 11:24
Sorry to hear, I will miss your blue color on the forum FN. Well you can still be here though.

CMaster
07-09-06, 11:25
Ouch. Nevermind the newbies - theres going to be a lot of lost and confused long-term players. It is a real blow to the community.
However: thankyou FN for all of your time, money and stress that has been invested into the site up until today.

Pantho
07-09-06, 11:26
Yea, the Epic Guide, and Item Database is going to be a real fucker to lose ....

Id copy the epic information , but the Database is to large to do in pure text format -

I hope we can get it restarted...

Tratos
07-09-06, 11:37
Thanks -FN- for running an excellent resource for Neocron and it's community, it will be dearly missed by all of us i think. There goes the number one response i see on the help channel ;)

Thanks for running it for so long.

Heavyporker
07-09-06, 11:54
That's right... even though we're hurt by the imminent loss... we do have a large debt of gratitude to FN for all his contributions!

Jagrfelm
07-09-06, 12:31
Yeah, were all with you, FN!
Used the Page alot during the last 1,5 Years. Still using it sometimes for a Epic.

james_finn
07-09-06, 12:35
I too would like to give FN a well done, without you for many people this game wouldnt have been what it is. SXR gave neocron a new (functioning) face on the web, and had so many useful features, which you developed for free, that it was almost impossible for people to log on without someone in the help channel directing a new player to the site.

Its a sad day when one of the most committed people and clans in neocron leaves, and I wish you all the luck for the future FN. Hell if you want to try something new come and join us in EvE.

Good luck mate

Delphi

Glok
07-09-06, 12:43
Bye NC.syn. :(

The work that went into that site has been much appreciated. Thanks for letting us use it if even temporarily. :)

Now Neoskiller will have to find a new partner (I always had both open..)

Mighty Max
07-09-06, 13:00
I was allways impressed by the breath you showed with it. You kept it up, no matter what return came in from players. I hadn't this patience.

Thanks for the fish.

Neally
07-09-06, 13:13
I'm sorry to hear this, this was the best Neocron ressources from far and I know even experimented players used to go there oftenly.

gg FN!

RogerRamjet
07-09-06, 13:19
A sad day indeed.

Id like to say a huge thanks to FN. Your site helped me from day 1 in NC, from the moment i marvelled at Golden tank PA in early 2003.

Riddle
07-09-06, 13:44
I never thought i would see the day :(

FN you done an amazing job! a site that has helped me out countless times and an amazing resource for the whole community.

Good luck dude.

Is this another nail in the coffin? What next, Brammers you off?;)

*cries

Jodo
07-09-06, 13:47
I think I speak for everyone when I say
NNNNooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!
Don't leave us please! :(
Thanks for all the work, effort, hours, blood, sweat, tears and invaluable information you provided. You made my favourite game more enjoyable, I can offer no greater praise than that.
Good luck in whatever you do next. :)

solid-rock
07-09-06, 13:47
I too would like to give FN a well done, without you for many people this game wouldnt have been what it is. SXR gave neocron a new (functioning) face on the web, and had so many useful features, which you developed for free, that it was almost impossible for people to log on without someone in the help channel directing a new player to the site.

Its a sad day when one of the most committed people and clans in neocron leaves, and I wish you all the luck for the future FN. Hell if you want to try something new come and join us in EvE.

Good luck mate

Delphi

Shameless advertising Delphi.

And for the time being SXR will still be in NC.

Brammers
07-09-06, 13:49
Is this another nail in the coffin? What next, Brammers you off?;)

*cries

No plans for my retirement from the game yet!

In fact, I'm back after a bit of a break. With a lot of help from Tratos, Phoenix is back!

Riddle
07-09-06, 13:51
No plans for my retirement from the game yet!

In fact, I'm back after a bit of a break. With a lot of help from Tratos, Phoenix is back!

:cool: Even saw you absorbed some of the old TFC ;) better than FF i suppose which was what we we're all supposed to be :lol:

carecare
07-09-06, 13:55
It's a shame Phoenix is such a small clan atm.... It's the perfect backbone for a large opwaring clan.

Pantho
07-09-06, 13:55
#I dont think there planning on being very small :)

Riddle
07-09-06, 13:57
#I dont think there planning on being very small :)

interesting .....a change in tictacs.

Kierz
07-09-06, 14:13
=[

we've lost the best nc resource site and one of the best forum posters? that sucks...

blackpheonix
07-09-06, 14:15
:( goodbye nc.syn thanks for a brilliant resource site tho FN :)

Brammers
07-09-06, 14:23
OT: Want to talk about Phoenix Ltd - http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=135486

Lets keep the forums mods happy! ;)

PepsiPlayer
07-09-06, 14:25
Sad day indeed, this site was my guiding light in the early days and an imense source of information, i still log on most days to take a glance at what i call "The Holy Bible" just to keep my knowledge intact.

The Epic Guide being, i think, THE single most helpfull section which i still after the years playing, refer to to save time.

Thanks for all the hard work you put into the site no matter what the cost and how much time it took.

Good luck with the future -FN- and a great big

THANK YOU

from all of us that used the site

Faid
07-09-06, 16:29
A sad day indeed, I hate it how KK continually push people away from this game and now they've essentially destroyed the single most helpful resource site out there.

(And so there is no confusion - SXR the clan is still playing in NC.)

Apocalypsox
07-09-06, 16:30
EMERGENCY EVAC!!! >.< EVERYONE GO RECORD ALL THE iNFORMATION YOU CAN!!!!! If no one else, i will PERSONALLY come up with the money to host the site. i am willing to spend money on this, to keep a resource that has been around for so long and has been so valuable to our community.

and Good Luck FN- hope ya come back and see us once in a while :(

npinchot
07-09-06, 16:32
FN,
Please PM me if you are interested. I have plenty of hosting resources and would be more than willing to host it for free on a dual xeon beefy server. I am not asking you to continue maintaining the site if you don't want to (cause it seems like you don't want to). I just want to keep the greatness that is nc.syn alive for people who are still into the game. I am more than qualified to re-set up the site on a new server, I do PHP programming and enterprise network maintenance and I will keep the site exactly the same if you like. Please consider this.

Dribble Joy
07-09-06, 16:53
Meh...

The crack brings them all back.

aKe`cj
07-09-06, 17:21
gah ..FN.... why?

I just returned from an almost 40h workshift and NOW you make me stay up to copy that bloody pile of data ... grrrr.. wherever you end up, I'll get yer back for that!

did I say this entire topic STINKS? :( :( :(
Goodbye FN - nc.syn was & still is by far the most useful, well-crafted and bestestestest game-ressource I've come across yet - not only concerning NC...

See ya later mate.

Bishop Yutani
07-09-06, 17:49
no doubt pushed by getting his post deleted after cleansing himself with a good rant in the "ask the CEO" thread, FN decides to call it quits. :mad:

that sucks, man. Come back soon.

And do your best to keep that information alive. You've done a lot of great work there; it would be a shame to lose it all.

edit: I'll pour out some cron beer next time i'm on for ya, FN.

Brammers
07-09-06, 17:59
Posted by FN on 09/07/06 - 08:29 MST

I apologize for not being able to reply to everyone who has contacted me about relocation, database copies, and the like. I will be talking to Brammers to see what I can share with him that will actually make sense (If anyone actually ever saw the back-end of nc.syn, they'd probably just wonder how the F this site even functions, lol). But other than that I will not be redistributing the site code or database for anyone to use. This is a personal decision on my part, and I'm sure seems unfair - so again, I apologize for that. I do appreciate all the offers though!

The best thing I can do is to give these recommendations:

Copy everything and anything you want off the site by saving pages and copying & pasting by tomorrow.

Bookmark Sheriff-Hardy.de. That is, in my opinion, the best remaining resource site out there.

Get ambitious! Start your own fansites! Start small and dedicate yourself to just one thing (Epic Guides, Recipies, etc) and go from there. nc.syn started as a side-project because I was bored and wanted to practice some coding.

Ok FN just publicly posted that on the http://nc.synergyxr.net/ website. I've not yet spoken with FN.

Myself and Tratos are currently working on a plan....Stay tuned... ;)

NONpk
07-09-06, 18:18
HOLY sh... :( .

... ok we got enough time to collect all the informations from nc.synergy for the community so it wont get lost.

Roc-a-fella
07-09-06, 18:41
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Nidhogg
07-09-06, 19:23
Thanks for all the help you've provided over the years and we're sorry to see you leave. :(

Leaving thread, closed.

N