View Full Version : [Idea] Placeable Doors & Walls

Tratos
05-09-06, 16:22
This idea came to me while i was wandering around the various little corners and cubby holes in a DoY level 3 appartment but would be ideal for alot of appartments such as both DoY level 1 & 2, CA/Next clan appartments, TH level 3 appartments, large canyon appartments and infact most if not all of them.

These doors would not just benefit players but also the event team as they could become nice features and challenges in events and places like the underground complex zone - read the differet types to find out why :)

Placeable Doors
These would do exactly what is says on the tin, a door you can place in your appartment. It would be a single door unit which is the width of a standard door frame (width of the DoY app doors) and have two things built into it. The door itself would take up 3/4 of the unit, the other 1/4 would be a panel running the entire height of the door which would hold the interface button for that door so its an all in one package.

The doors themselves would be available in various types deppending on needs.

Standard Door
These doors would have the same permissions as appartment doors, i.e only the appartment owner (or members of the clan) can open them to gain access. Could be used to build offices in clan appartments or for extra security for clan appartments, like at the top and bottom of the ladders in DoY appartments :D Would be useless for events though.

All Access Door
Basically an all access button that comes with its own door, good for making different rooms in the larger appartments which you want people to access. Could be used outside of appartments due to their nature too. Good for events and RP situations.

Hackable Doors
These would need high levels (100 SL Belt) of hacking, very handy for events such as mazes or secured offices in event locations (could have been used for the recent spider lab event). Again, good for events and RP

Clan Leader Only Doors
Only opens to the leader of the clan - i.e. the name on the clan key - good for making some personal space or a private office for the clan leader within the clan appartment, obviously other members could just walk through the open door but they'd get a good telling of from their boss unless invited ;). Could be used to set aside some private leader only cabinet space. Good for RP and have a practical use. not so good for events.

Im sure other doors based around different perameters would work too.

Placeable Walls
Again exactly as it says, a bit of wall which dosnt take up too much space to place in appartments to make rooms, offices or "walk in safes". Same dimensions as the door unit so they would look good build along side of each other. Also useful for events in appartments and events requiring small walls and rooms within zones and appartments.

Thoughts?

unreal
05-09-06, 17:29
Nice idea. When you take into account the "private" space for clan leaders, it would make sense to add the equivalent types of cabinet as well. A cabinet only openable by the clan leader, possibly an all-access cabinet in the form of a box or dustbin (the way I expected them to be when I first bought and placed them in my apartment). All access cabinets would really help us transfer items from one character to another, or have hidey-hole apartments where we can stash things for a while. Especially armour and ammo.

rob444
05-09-06, 17:38
Nice ideas, but I doubt they will add this to the game though :/. I think doors are just walls moving left and right, not one of those dynamic objects (like plants, computers, chairs etc.).

solid-rock
05-09-06, 18:54
Think you mean placable not dynamic rob :P. Dynamic is anything you can activate with your mouse 2 button.

rob444
05-09-06, 20:42
lol sorry about that, I mess up some words sometimes when being distracted ;)

Apocalypsox
06-09-06, 01:57
yay for more app customization stuff. all for it

Dribble Joy
06-09-06, 02:03
Would definitely want an office.... though really my clan apt IS my office.. as it's just me in Skulls.

I really should redecorate.... or at least put all those bloody raptor trophies somewhere out of the way, they're all over the place at the moment.