PDA

View Full Version : [ot]

Pantho
05-09-06, 14:28
RegEdit is blocked by admins - and All wallpaper and resultion modifications is blocked...

Any 3rd party programs to edit the REGEDIT , Just so i can delete the permissions that disable the RUN command and the REGEDIT ability :)

blackpheonix
05-09-06, 14:47
why do i get this feeling u aint supposed to have access to the RUN Cmd and regedit :p

Mighty Max
05-09-06, 14:55
None that isn't fixed in an up-to-date system.

Registry entries are protected via a whitelist (ACL) not by the accessing program.

rob444
05-09-06, 17:18
Steal the SAM database ;).

Roc-a-fella
05-09-06, 20:21
"We will however work on balancing and bug fixing first, in cooperation with the community. "-Holger Nathrath

Pantho
05-09-06, 20:22
there has to be a way....

Ive got acces to read the "*.reg" File... where is it stored on win32 systems? (XP Pro)

Windows file search is even disabled.....

I hate using a computer without the run cmd for Calc paint and more... oh btw got full CMD promt access if that helps.,

Mighty Max
05-09-06, 20:45
I hate using a computer without the run cmd for Calc paint and more... oh btw got full CMD promt access if that helps.,

If you just need it for autostart, why not just put them into autostart group?

I'm not really seeing what you want tbh.

rob444
05-09-06, 20:48
Pantho, check for an incoming PM, I'll give you a hand.

Scanner Darkly
05-09-06, 22:25
"We will however work on balancing and bug fixing first, in cooperation with the community. "-Holger Nathrath

Good job reading the thread!

Pantho: wait till you advance up the ladder in your McShittyJob and then you can paint your desktop purple and run at 320x240 resolution! Alternatively buy your SysAdmin some cookies.

PS: post more excellent threads

Asurmen Spec Op
05-09-06, 22:46
You could try a bat file, thats how I got around most of those things at my school

just open notepad.
type
start regedit
save as a .bat and run it

Roc-a-fella
05-09-06, 23:14
Good job reading the thread!

Pantho: wait till you advance up the ladder in your McShittyJob and then you can paint your desktop purple and run at 320x240 resolution! Alternatively buy your SysAdmin some cookies.

PS: post more excellent threads

a regular funny guy

Pantho
06-09-06, 03:49
Not a job, College nib -

well Uni/College... hybrid thing w/e

anyways yea. I know i can do the bootup disk option - But its not easily available to me atm usign a Boot disk -

Also, Why the feck would i need them in Auto start... i mean

If i wanna use Notepad..... i do it without thinking

Windows + r, Notepad,Enter...
Windows + r, Mspaint, Enter
Windows + r, etc etc etc

Obsidian X
06-09-06, 13:40
Not sure if you're advocating something potentially illegal here Pantho. :S There were ways of getting around the college policies in the old days but they tightened things up a lot when NT based machines became the standard at schools and colleges.

When I was at college, I could write my own executables to gain myself some privileges (not that I ever did ;)) but that was because I was doing a computing course with the necessary software and priviliges on my account.

Its probably not worth pushing it with the Admin, Pantho, as they can and will ban your account (temp or perm) if they catch you trying to dodge their security policies.

Scanner Darkly
07-09-06, 10:05
Not sure if you're advocating something potentially illegal here Pantho. :S

I am :angel:

J/k Pantho :) Is there no way to connect your own computer to the uni network/JANET instead of using theirs? That way you get that sexy backbone connection minus all the hassles.

bla bla nib bla bla

edit: owned by Pantho