PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone just joined

Wolfy
01-09-06, 02:08
Hi I have just joined the game and linked to this forum account.

I haven't really played the game before so some of you might need to bear with me.

Thanks to all you helped me so far, Managed to pull and put back me LE chip 3 times already due to contradictions.

Right now I have gone for Sniper Assassin because it sounds cool :lol: . I also poke people when they are not looking just incase they have implants on them. (My first tool TL55 was bought for me by my first "victim") So I have been spending my fair share of intellengence on implanting.

Anyways long story short just like to thank some of you for making me those outstanding weapons, Mr Jones sniper gun was nice but it was too slow to sewers.

I am also interested in making a Trade Skill character, What combination is available? can I be both Constructer and Researcher? or maybe Repair too?

Trivaldi
01-09-06, 09:26
Welcome to Neocron ;)

Multi-tasking trade skillers are very possible but the more skills you want based around trade skilling, the less effective the character becomes in PVP. Quite a few people have multi-tasking characters for odd jobs like occasional poking, repair, research and construction and do all reasonably well. It's certianly possible to have a researching/constructing hybrid who repairs!

If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to ask :)

Triv

Glok
01-09-06, 09:37
This is my spy's int setup:

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i213/neosigs/intskills.jpg

He's at a factory in that shot, plus has all the gloves, unaided his cst is 140 (or is it 130.. not sure). And he's not capped. :p

Repair is a dex trade, unless you are hardcore PvP you shouldn't have any problem speccing it + whatever else under dex.

So yeah you can multiskill.

Darkana
01-09-06, 10:44
Maybe, before you go into a hype about being an allround tradeskiller, there are disadvantages to this as well. Construction and Research will result in more fails, the lower the skill is, and Repair results in worse repairs. On the contrary, Implant isn't affected by anything like this, although there might be differences in the implanting process (e.g. time used).

Let me put that into one example: I have a constructor with 150 CST skill (and she is capped in both DEX and INT). Making TL95 psi modules she gets ~25% simple fails (couldn't put the pieces together) and ~5% total fails (wrecking the blueprint in the process, means I need a new blueprint to try again). So, if I want to make 100 such psi modules I need ~105 blueprints and I use up 30% more construction grease compared to the ideal case. With >= 95x2 = 190 CST skill I would get that ideal case.

As has been said already, repair skill doesn't "clash" with CST and RES, because it's attached to the DEX attribute, not INT. Thus, you can be an outstanding repairer without affecting CST and RES, for example.

One last thing: Spies start with 5 INT (I think) and 78 points to spend into skills. Add 95 more levels with 5 points each for a total of 553 points you can invest into skills at 100 INT. The translation from these points into skill levels depends on the (base) skill level, up to 50 it's 1:1, then up to 75 it's 2:1 (so, to raise a skill from 50 to 75 you need 25x2 = 50 points), up to 100 it's 3:1 and after that 5:1. In other words, you can, for example, get one skill to 100 (175 points) and another one to 140 (375 points) and have 3 points left to spend. Or 2 skills to 120 with 3 spare points. Or 3 skills to 100 with 28 spare points. Etc. :)

Napalm82
01-09-06, 14:38
Making a pure tradeskiller can be fun, at first, but after a while you'll get oh so bored because you can only tradeskill.

So my advice would be to pick one of the trade skills in INT (Res or Cst) and go for that, add a little bit of weaponlore and make a pistol spy who can res or cst, you can lvl a lot faster and its a pretty good feeling to be leveling with the weapons you created :D

- Nap

Dribble Joy
01-09-06, 15:37
You also generally need little repair skill.
To repair something you need as much repair skill as half the tech level as the item you are repairing. However the quality will be poor.
Having as much repair skill (afaik - as far as I know) as the tech level will give you the maximum repair quality. So the highest you need in repair is about 120.