PDA

View Full Version : Server language rules changed?

IceStorm
01-09-06, 00:26
I saw the Launcher annoucement about harrassment on Mars from English-speaking players today.

Since when are any of the servers limited to a single language, both for support and for general chat channels?

Far as I understood it, the server language rules were in effect for support-only. The announcement makes it sound like they're in effect both for support and for general chat channel usage. If this is true, it's a major policy change.

I've been tolerant up to now of non-English on common comm channels on Terra, but if this new policy is going into effect I have no qualms with logging and reporting everyone who isn't using English on Terra.

If the problem is English in general on Mars, perhaps KK should address the real problem - no one-slot International server...

Neally
01-09-06, 00:34
http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=135405

COLD
01-09-06, 00:37
tbh I really don't see how any english player can make a German speak english. It's not like their arm is being twisted. Ignore/mute/ w/e. When I play Mars, though, it's sure not for the conversation. :angel:

Neally
01-09-06, 00:40
Of course english is a more international language. but hey, you just can't come on their own server and say "you must speak english", no, just speak with them in english, nicely, you'll get nice answer then.

IceStorm
01-09-06, 01:20
I see. That's what I get for reading the Announcements thread instead of logging in and reading halfway through a poorly-titled Community Talk thread.

It would be nice if SnowCrash updated the Announcements thread to be more clear...

NAPPER
01-09-06, 01:44
im confused about this at the min cos ive got a screen shot of a german runner telling me in german to speak german i didnt have a clue what he said so i had a one of my german friends read it to me in english this is on mars by the way so let me get this right on mars or mercury the german players are allowed to tell you to speak german but we are not allowed to tell them to speak english on terra

please tell me the right thing cos like i said above
i is very confused about this matter

Cadgar
01-09-06, 01:47
dont they teach german in the UK ?

NAPPER
01-09-06, 01:50
one german player said this to me when i was trying to sell a moveon on the german forums

What's the matter, allready leaving mars? I thought you were going to show us your ultimate pvp skills.
how sad is it that terra players only use downloadable skills ......

whats that about i was only trying to sell a moveon to get more money for better gear so i can lvl up quicker so i can show people my ultimate pvp skills

NAPPER
01-09-06, 01:54
dont they teach german in the UK ?

Yes but its hard to learn
I have learned more German playing this game then learning it any where else

Plus I did french at school and I don’t remember any of that lol

Neally
01-09-06, 01:59
im confused about this at the min cos ive got a screen shot of a german runner telling me in german to speak german i didnt have a clue what he said so i had a one of my german friends read it to me in english this is on mars by the way so let me get this right on mars or mercury the german players are allowed to tell you to speak german but we are not allowed to tell them to speak english on terra

im not going to name the german runner that said this.

please tell me the right thing cos like i said above
i is very confused about this matter

You should not use such arguments to tell us that on the forum. The german runner said this ? just send the screenshot where it is meant to be sent at ?

If the german community has to get a warning, then they will. just send your screenshots, and then it will be okay don't you think ? And you can ventually be intelligent, if you feel a runner doesn't like your presence, ignore him, and ask your things to another runner. Repeat until you get to someone cool :eek:

NAPPER
01-09-06, 02:02
i want to know if hes in the wrong frist i think he is im not sure help :confused:

Cadgar
01-09-06, 02:09
i sent u a pm napper. it would be edited if i post this here.

Dribble Joy
01-09-06, 02:18
I made the same point in another thread (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=135405&page=2&pp=15).

It does give the impression that the only language allowed on mars is german, despite the fact that it was not intended to mean that.

Nidhogg
01-09-06, 02:28
Let's not start this again. You can speak any language on any server. Support and events will be conducted in the server language. Thread closed.

N